• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Vega4

Smash Ace
Will is great, he even can beat Atomsk's DDD and Kismet's Falco, he can beat a good Diddy is you don't play really good.
What bothers me about P1 is that he keeps losing to Reflex, it's like he is never going to beat him.
You need to do something about Reflex, you can't keep losing to him all the time. If Diddy is not enough vs his Wario then use DDD or something...
:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I won game 1 and was winning on rainbow game 2 til he shield broke me with fully charged fart and changed the momentum of the whole set :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Diddy wario is probably the hardest slightly disadvantageous matchup diddy Kong has. So wario losses are understandable , especially when they come from reflex , arguably best wario in US.

Anyway gg hunter

Player-1

Smash Legend
I beat jnig and dphat who used wario against me tho

Bloodcross z and espy were my best wins here though probably

Vega4

Smash Ace
I beat jnig and dphat who used wario against me tho

Bloodcross z and espy were my best wins here though probably

I want to see that match vs Espy.

About Reflex, next time keep the momentum and beat him.

Vega4

Smash Ace
It wasn't saved

Then it never happen D:

Seriously, I wanted to know how Espy play vs Diddy, usually one think that it's not that hard for Diddy, but he must use some campy tactic or something like that.

Player-1

Smash Legend
He's really good with bananas did some throw banana up to catch with spring uair **** and he tried infiniting me and stuff

tibs7

Smash Champion
but yeah messing up inputs is seriously punishing.
especially against people that kill early.....DK, Snake blah blah blah

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Back when Espy had to deal with facing Gnes in pretty much every TX tournament they're both in, he probably picked up tactics to deal with Diddy. All his Sonic needs is a chance to get a naner in hand and then it opens up quite a bit of options for his aggressive nature. Been a while since I seen Espy use the footstool naner lock.

As for DK, a free naner is a free smash or giant punch. Glide tosses pretty well.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
As for DK, a free naner is a free smash or giant punch. Glide tosses pretty well.
The glide toss kinda sucks since DK's throwing animation lasts for quite a while, which is why it can be punished on reaction. DK should rather use invincidrops or something like z-drop the naner on one side of the opponent and then crossup aerial to pressure them into the naner. Even then, the punch might be too slow to hit.

Throwing the naner back to Diddy is a bad option in general, ppl need to realize that naners are traps, not just projectiles.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody I'm Alias I usually just stalk the boards, but now I have decided to start playing brawl competitively instead of just going to tourneys and sitting in a corner XD. Anyways I will be posting frequently and will be trying to learn alot from you guys.

Back to the subject... Reflex has been teaching this other player Peru how to play Wario and I must say that match-up doesn't seem like its a cake walk. If he so happens to get one of my bananas it seems like hell for me to pick my momentum back up. Even though I still win in the end :D. It just seems hard to me.

tibs7

Smash Champion
thankgod rain won in the end.
haaaaate IC's. dont know how we are above them on tier list. wtf

Napos

Smash Ace
^ ugh ICS....link me to the thread that explains how to beat ***

Napos

Smash Ace
sure did. Diddy main. Diddy is pure awesomeness.

I do love using Ike and Luigi though

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sure did. Diddy main. Diddy is pure awesomeness.

I do love using Ike and Luigi though
ah. Welp, see you at the georgia tourney, if you go

(And I don't MM, so I'll have to decline your offer from the thread)

Napos

Smash Ace
well being that we did friendlies at G2,

can we have some then?

And yes, see yeah there

Napos

Smash Ace
That is the worst, especially someone who you know you can beat.

tibs7

Smash Champion
the way to beat IC's is really just about spacing and baiting them all the time and try to punish recovery.
but dont go for real hard reads otherwise you will die very easily if you're wrong. and not having the stock lead against IC's is possibly the worst situation in the whole game....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the way to beat IC's is really just about spacing and baiting them all the time and try to punish recovery.
but dont go for real hard reads otherwise you will die very easily if you're wrong. and not having the stock lead against IC's is possibly the worst situation in the whole game....
nah, they cant camp you as well as a MK or wario with a stock lead. or even a GW on a janky stage

tibs7

Smash Champion
but you dont die from making a mistake against those characters.

Top Bottom