• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Kantrip

Kantplay
Knowing a couple of things about the match up still means you know something about the matchup. Knowing the matchup doesn't mean knowing it inside and out....

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Knowing a couple of things about the match up still means you know something about the matchup. Knowing the matchup doesn't mean knowing it inside and out....
What's your point? My point is that you need to know the G&W match up very well if you want to win an opponent that also knows the match up. This is not something that you have to do with every character as player-1 says

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I personally dont feel like you need to know GW that well. Just watch out for people face-skating on the controller and spamming kill moves

Player-1

Smash Legend
jebus you are wrong and dumb

moving on from that. I got 3rd at a tournament today, I beat Mc Pe pants (who beat reflex in pools and beat me last time). Lost to Reflex and Kismet. I beat Reflex game 1, Game 2 I was winning pretty solidly until he killed me and then I just kept running into bite and he was just getting the momentum from there. Game 3 I got farted or gimped or something, don't remember, on my second stock and died early and was getting 3 stocked, managed to bring it back to last stock, but he got me. Against Kismet it was 3-1, I wrecked him pretty hard in the one game I won. Game 4 I coulda won, but I think I hesitated in a dsmash after a banana trip and dmsashed during some of his invincibility frames from the trip or the get up or something and got usmashed last stock last hit.

I did manage to win a 2v1 against Reflex/Kismet though Meta Knight and Squirtle Vs me :) da besssss

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Gratz P-1, did you also do some infinites on people again? Everytime someone actually pulls it off it just give me reason to learn it.

But i also had a tourney yesterday, which was more of a smashfest if you look at how low the attendance was(and all the top players missing), but i did manage to get a 2nd place out of it. Now i just need to learn the bloody Mario matchup. -.- I'll post it in the results topic after the bracket is uploaded.

Player-1

Smash Legend
kinda, in the match where i was pooping on kismet I got it about 2 times and messed up. I can easily do Falco's, but it requires you to move further to the side after the grounded dthrow so you can instant throw it. I just have to be able to adjust to it the very first time I do it instead of having to get used to it

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
grats on 3rd bro

I won a tourney here in florida yesterday, but it wasn't as hard as that. It had Ed, 2-D Jeff, and Fidel Cashflow.

Theres a big florida gathering tourney the end of July where some true results can happen

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think they had a SKTAR rules tourney since its coming up, and SKTAR is MK legal

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ya what GDX said, after SKTAR we are using whobo ruleset since we're going to that also, after that then I'll probably be running a mix of rulesets with mk legal and mk banned.

Player-3

Smash Hero
any diddy kongs want to money match my luigi at whobo i would like to take ur monies

inb4louniscomesandsaysyes

hunter you don't count either

Player-1

Smash Legend
Here's a doubles match of me with DRN vs reflex and kismet, check out my video comment for da bess part cuz im da bess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZNQwbLK7Uw&feature=g-all-u

I'll make a thread in the critique section with this video and me vs Mc Pe, Reflex, and Kismet as well as some other videos. Ingulit was also here and has videos, DRN went all Diddy this tournament if anyone wanted to watch his Diddy as well.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Got 9th out of 71 entrants at Impulse. I beat Atilla, Zhao (Pools), and Ninjalink.
Won 2/4 MMs, beating Dabuz and Firefly (both 2-0) and losing to Holy and Mr. R (both 0-2).
Lost to v115 and Swordguard in Bracket.

Overall, was a fun tourney. Learned a lot and figured out the stages I'm not comfortable on.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Good stuff . I only saw you partially in the crew battle and I didn't get to see any singles

:phone:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Got 9th out of 71 entrants at Impulse. I beat Atilla, Zhao (Pools), and Ninjalink.
Won 2/4 MMs, beating Dabuz and Firefly (both 2-0) and losing to Holy and Mr. R (both 0-2).
Lost to v115 and Swordguard in Bracket.

Overall, was a fun tourney. Learned a lot and figured out the stages I'm not comfortable on.
You beat dabuz? Thats pretty good! :o

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Thanks, after getting wrecked by Fino I decided to actually take the time to learn the MU lol. Now all I need to do is learn the ICs one so I'll stop losing to them :(.

Also, my brethren, don't forget to post any tourney results you have here or in the results thread so I can add them. Wanna keep that updated so we can see our character progress.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I won a scrub tourney last week. it had like 50 entrants. dont even think theres a results thread.

theres pics on facebook though :laugh:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Was it close this time? It seems like he got a hell of a lot better at this match up since the last time I played him

Zinoto

Smash Lord
yo zinoto, any recorded from impulse?
Sadly the only matches I know were saved is my pools match with Zhao (#4 Luigi) and crews. I saved the replay of my MM with dabuz, but I don't know who's wii it was so idk if it'll get uploaded. Melee was being streamed the majority of the time, so idk if there are many brawl matches at all.

EDIT: P1, can DRN do the banana infinite with ZSS?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If anyone cares to follow me on Twitter at @gamedragonx ill be posting random stuff from my EVO trip

Zinoto

Smash Lord
On flat stages they can just spam forward glide toss, eventually it'll hit and bam there's the stock. I was gonna ask if you had any advice on stages to choose. I thought :smashville: would be a good choice (and I was kind of right because I was in control the whole match), but V115 got the infinite last stock and I lost. Got salty, ran it back, and same thing happened.

tl;dr I guess I'm trying to ask where you take ZSS lol?

Player-1

Smash Legend
FD or SV are both fine, every time they get a banana just get out of range of the glidetoss by being really close to her or far or right next to the edge. If you're really worried about the infinite then just go YI or maybe BF if they know how to do it in the center part. ZSS can't do the infinite with the lower leveled platforms, but she can do it even with the high platform, but there's a trick to it so if the ZSS doesn't know the trick then BF will work fine.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i posted a critique thread with videos of me getting bodied

please help me out with my diddy, and i especially need vs marth tips :(

:009:

Luigi player

Smash Master
On flat stages they can just spam forward glide toss, eventually it'll hit and bam there's the stock. I was gonna ask if you had any advice on stages to choose. I thought :smashville: would be a good choice (and I was kind of right because I was in control the whole match), but V115 got the infinite last stock and I lost. Got salty, ran it back, and same thing happened.

tl;dr I guess I'm trying to ask where you take ZSS lol?
learn to infinite her too

tibs7

Smash Champion
Oh man came 3rd in tourny.
So frustrating. After losing to my brother in wf's I just got really angry and lost in lf's too lol.
snake2gud mang

Zinoto

Smash Lord
learn to infinite her too
I can, it's just that her's is a lot easier to get on us, than for us to get on her.

Oh man came 3rd in tourny.
So frustrating. After losing to my brother in wf's I just got really angry and lost in lf's too lol.
snake2gud mang

Any link to a thread or something so I can put it in the results thread. If not just tell me who you won/lost to, the name of the tourney, and the # of entrants.

Top Bottom