• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
i also have my springs taken off(along with the rest of the WC) lmao. short hop ground instant throws ****!(sometimes) lol
Oh lord this, I don't know how people can play Brawl with those squishy shoulder buttons. You can take the springs out with a small flathead screwdriver, people, you don't need a tri-head!

I should have just said "Shoulder Button set to Jump"; my setup is the same as y'alls, but with slightly different buttons (R Jump, Y Grab, Tap Jump off)

Vato, you should talk to my friend JMIX, he's a darn good Mario/Luigi player from my state (the only really competitive player I get to play when I'm at college). He'd love to talk to other Mario players I'm sure. I don't know if he has a Smashboards account, though, now that I think about it :\

GDX, you should come to The Iron Brawl IV in September, it's in Tuscaloosa which is OBVIOUSLY close enough >_>

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I've talked to him on aib before, i played him a long time ago. he was pretty good.
Awesome! I forgot he played Wi-Fi. He's number 10 in our state right now, though he might get bumped off because of inactivity (he couldn't make it to many of the recent ASL tournaments unfortunately :urg:). He's the reason I think Mario-Diddy should be considered even, lol

vato_break

Smash Master
then your playing it wrong :p haha i think its a solid diddy advantage just due to diddys sideb and marios really bad recovery. Mario is pretty annoying to fight though

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's +1. I've played JMIX a bit and Player-3 picked up Mario for a couple of months and got it pretty good so I have a good bit of experience in the MU

tibs7

Smash Champion
default controls mang.
only even use x to jump in melee.

in brawl i too use both L and R to shield depending on situation.
but otherwise im too awesome. OoS all day babeh

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I'd say it's +1 us. I played Xeroxen this weekend and I felt like diddy racks up damage too quickly and gimps really easily for it to be even. Marios kill power isn't too bad but all of his kill moves can be telegraphed.

:phone:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
it's +1 imo
mario really doesn't have a Solid answere to diddy's game. And if the mario thinks his cape will solve everything you can get 15% free damage for each readed cape.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I actually use both L and R to shield. Its instinct if I use L or R at any given time

I also changed my Y to shield, and use that to shield sometimes too, depending on the situation :laugh:

also hey cam o.o/

Edit: when the **** is there gonna be a hype georgia tourney for me to megabus to? We have one from Orlando-Atlanta and I feel like its going to waste
Dang that's right. Megabus and ****.
I'm comin to Georgia P-1

vato_break

Smash Master
too bad if diddy plays to time out mario then mario is severely limited. whats mario going to do vs a diddy who jumps over fireballs and sideb's away? also mario can't land vs diddy either. upsmash/uptilt/upair/upthrow destroy mario.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Diddy is only +1 against Mario. I don't think its as free as people think

Nah **** that its 60:40 diddy. I never liked the +1 thing

vato_break

Smash Master
diddy can actually mix it up though. If you take into consideration how easy mario is to gimp, juggle, and kill then you'd see why it's a solid diddy advantage. The only thing mario really has legit going for him is fireballs and maybe his survivability. Cape is just a gimmick. Fludd is just a gimmck. Mario has to really rely to gimps for kills and those aren't too reliable. Mario can't kill diddy lol

Zinoto

Smash Lord
diddy can actually mix it up though. If you take into consideration how easy mario is to gimp, juggle, and kill then you'd see why it's a solid diddy advantage. The only thing mario really has legit going for him is fireballs and maybe his survivability. Cape is just a gimmick. Fludd is just a gimmck. Mario has to really rely to gimps for kills and those aren't too reliable. Mario can't kill diddy lol
Lol IC discussion is over tomorrow, maybe we should discuss :mario2: next.

But the end of Vato's post is the breaking point in this MU. Mario has a lot of mixups and weird options, but in the end :mario2: has no reliable kill set up. If :diddy: camps with a banana in front of him, :mario2: is at a disadvantage. We can trap his landing a lot easier and we can juggle a lot easier as well. I'd agree with 60:40.

That being said, what match up should we discuss next (or should we continue with :mario2:?)

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Mario loses to flip kick. It beats out fireballs and hits Mario through his cape if he doesn't time the cape correctly. The match up is only slightly in Diddy's favor though because Mario is really good at gimping Diddy, does slightley better in the air and the cape is really good at reflecting bananas. Also, his fireballs make peanut camping useless

vato_break

Smash Master
Mario does an okay job at gimping diddy not a good one. Diddy can avoid getting gimped rather easily and if you take marios gimping away then mario is left with having to kill diddy which mario cannot do reliably.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Mario can definitely rack the damage on diddy though...if he can get in. But yea definitely still our favor

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Mario does an okay job at gimping diddy not a good one. Diddy can avoid getting gimped rather easily and if you take marios gimping away then mario is left with having to kill diddy which mario cannot do reliably.
Besides MK, there are vary few characters that can gimp Diddy better than Mario can. Also, neither character can reliably kill the other so not just Mario has that problem

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
For once I completely agree with Jebus. Mario is one of the best characters at gimping our recovery. That's why I said I think it's even, though I'm agreeing with several of the points being made in favor of it being +1 Diddy.

Player-1

Smash Legend
so there's a way to ledge drop>midair jump>side-b edge cancel on platform on battlefield, but I rarely get it to work. Someone should figure out a good way to get the spacing/timing down for this cuz this would be awesome if I could do it consistently

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Eh it happens. Did you go to E4U as well?

Also, we still gotta decide on a MU to discuss.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
just pick one and we'll go from there

I wanna know who things diddy/wario is even. Its definitely 55:45 wario, or 60:40 wario for really dumb stages

tibs7

Smash Champion
tried to claw it?
^ this for the battlefield platform cancel.

and e4u is where shaya is lol.

also wario defs beats diddy

vato_break

Smash Master
i 3 stocked shaya in a mm o: didn't enter the tournament though(broke) jebus did well though. He defeated Sky` and Sean PR'd 2nd and 3rd in Norcal. pretty **** imo

tibs7

Smash Champion
bahahaha shaya.

i dont think hes touched the game for like a year
and he comes 17th
LOL

shaya said on the stream that vato would 2 stock me lol
vato we have to MM some day :)

vato_break

Smash Master
haha i thought he was pretty when i saw him play other players. i'm pretty good sometimes(just because i don't know all the diddy stuff doesn't mean im not good :p)

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah shaya has great fundamentals but nothing special :)
i dont remember calling you bad vato lol. im sure you're awesome, probs better than p-1, but that isnt saying much.....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
For those that care I'm PR again in Florida. I say that cause I don't even care lol. After playing AE and other fgc games recently I've realized how pointless they are. That and the top 5 thread

On a lighter note I want to attend a hype ga tourney this fall before apex. Maybe even labor day weekend?

Top Bottom