• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
no, player one is prolly the smartest diddy so I beat him I can prolly def beat u, since your just raw talent :) and p-1 is only 3hrs from me lol

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
2nd week of January. I'll be there since it will have AE and KOF, along with smash. Hell, I might even be playing marvel by then who knows

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I'll finally have the opportunity to go as well. Looking forward to meeting the other :diddy: players. Hunter was a chill person and I learned what his tag meant rofl :190:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ill have to do some mingling at apex myself. No one remembers me anymore lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't get how a character that is heavy we can't catch in the air doesn't have to fight on the ground and can combo uss did even. It's definitely slight wario favor on a neutral stage. Worse on a wonky one

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's easily wario's advantage +1.

I probably have more experience vs Wario than any other diddy btw...Reflex, Micaelis, Dyno, Neo X, DRN, all of the other GA/AL pocket Warios that we have...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea i dunno how ga turned into the wario and pocket wario region

I guess the same reason Florida became snake country

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We should discuss G&W next
we body that fool if we camp. NEXT :laugh:

but seriously, probably 6:4. hes pretty much a worse wario. The matchup is more or less played the same except you dont get as styled on in the air as much

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I know we do. It's just that not everyone knows the match up. Ifeel that this is one of our best match ups in the higher tiers, but G&W can give players trouble if they don't know the match up

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
That's the problem. I don't think gw should be in the higher tiers. The character is worse than tier list makers think :laugh:

As far as the matchup goes its literally played the same way you would against wario except gw has less he can do about it. You do want to watch your recovery alittle more though as gw is better at gimping if given the opportunity

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't get how a character that is heavy we can't catch in the air doesn't have to fight on the ground and can combo uss did even. It's definitely slight wario favor on a neutral stage. Worse on a wonky one

Diddy is really fast on the ground and has so many options which makes it really difficult for Wario to choose the right approach/whatever he wants to do.

I know he can camp Diddy decently, but Diddy ***** any appraoch Wario has. His grab and fair are really good in this MU.

It's always such an uphill battle for me with Wario vs Diddy... and with Diddy it's not too bad. You just need to overwhelm him with your speed. It's not easy but still doable. Just keep in mind Wario has to be really careful too.

Also you can definitely trap/catch Wario in the air with Diddys good groundspeed/bananas.
And yes, Wario doesn't approach from the ground often, but he's not MK. He has to land like everyone else. That's the point where you can catch him/his landing. And don't say bike or something because that's easily interfered with too.

He is heavy and can -theoretically- kill us really early. So we have to be cautios while he has the strong fart/we're att KO percent for it. Wario doesn't live tooo long too btw. He's much easier to KO than MK or someone like that just because he just can't play safe enough... (he can run away but will be catched at some point and if he is he lacks the options MK would have and such)
Also I'd rather avoid close combat against Wario. Staying out of fsmash/grab range is good. Spotdodge is annoyingly hard to punish... and fsmash/fart are scary.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
That would be fun, actually. Anyone want to organize it? If there's enough interest in this thread then whoever wants to host the call should make a thread with when the chat will be.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Diddy Skype feels a bit more at ease than having to come up with something to post here.

Limeee

Smash Champion
okay add me then ill set it up :)
ill be gone friday night though so ill chat in it more probably on the weekend :p

add me on skype: thehensell (yes there are two l's)

:009:

also inguilt, we probably won't call much lol it'll function mostly as a chat
unless you guys wanna play draw my thing or something like that :p

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
did you even read the description below the video? Also, him losing had more to do with him playing stupid than him not knowing the match up.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you guys are so entertaining.

(dat skype ****. i can break down anything and everything for you guys if need be p1 just ask joe to invite me to ur call and joe and i will throw up experience of smash on the spot)

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
jeez ganon with items is dumb
Yeah but all you got to do is place a banana in front of you and he won't be able to choke grab to banana combo you. You don't need to know the match up in order to know this.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
knowing a couple of things about the match up does not mean knowing the entire match up. You can beat Ganon just by knowing a few things. The G&W match up is one of those match ups where you actually need to know the match up very well in order to shut down G&W's best options

Top Bottom