• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pal Pad: Pokémon Trainer Player Listing

Kith

Smash Ace
Yep :-D. Now Calculus II -.- lol but it's not Summer Calculus, so I have some time to breath lol

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Westerville, Ohio.

Never really bothered to properly introduce myself as a PT main on the PT threads.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Hey Falcon, welcome to the PT boards. Who is your weapon of choice?
Everyone of them.

Though I tend to start out with Ivy a lot, Squirtle seems to be my best Pokemon.

:phone:

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Yes I do T-block and also I have to contact zigsta I have been slacking extra hard on maintaining the video thread, but I'm not used to the code he wrote in there to properly organize everything!!!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey retro since your back could you please get this updated for the players that are not listed and posted in the last 2-3 pages!!!

Thanks Retro!!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Very true T I just thought it was more respectful to allow him to work on his own thread but if he'd rather have me do it I'm fine with that

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
It depends how urgently you need/want this done. I am pretty busy for the first half of this week, so I probably wouldn't get around to working on this until Thursday at the earliest. If that's okay with everyone, then I'll do it then. Otherwise, go ahead and do whatever you want with this thread.

Either way, a list of things to do:
  • Prune
  • Reformat
  • Update

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Actually, I will need a little help. I'm basically going to pick out all the people that are on the list right now that I've never seen and who haven't logged onto these boards in a long time with low post-count, etc. and post them up to be "checked" to make sure that they're really not still active. I'll try to do this tonight to give anyone that decides to give it a look over some time to do it before Thursday.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I'll help retro because I also know a lot of the people who are and aren't present, but please still go through with that check idea. That will deff make things easier.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Alright then...
This is written in a way that also kind of helps remind me what to do, I.E. private message people that are still active but might not play PT anymore. just keep that in mind when for example I ask "Does he still play PT," etc. I've bolded the ones that need more attention, since the rest I think will be able to be discovered through PM.

Toby.: Last posted September 2010. (:() Status?
AdmiralComrade: Last activity February 2010. Status?

Vermy: Does he still play PT?
Mic_128: Does he still play PT?

Darkrow: Last seen July 2010, 22 posts. Safe to remove?

Yukiwarashi: Does he still play PT?
Zephramrill: Does he still play PT?

m00sh: Remove.

Straider: Last seen January of this year, 16 posts. Safe to remove?

Kage Me: Last seen October 2009. Safe to remove?
Da Man: Last seen May this year. Status?
Xiahou Dun: Last seen August last year. Status?
Pants/Itburns: Last seen March this year. Status?
delicious!: Last seen April last year, 8 posts. Safe to remove?
dz1234: Last seen February last year, 23 posts. Safe to remove?
Megapants: Last seen December last year, 96 posts. Safe to remove?
Codfish92: Last seen May of this year. Status?
Sir 0rion/Ryusuta: Last seen May of this year. Status?
Charizard92: Last seen in April of this year. Status?

Chaos11011: Does he still play PT?
Bloo: last seen in 2009, 6 posts. Safe to remove?
Dynomite: Does he still play PT?
Justblaze647: Does he still play PT?
Xyless: Does he still play PT?
CHOMPY: Does he still play PT?
Rowan: Does he still play PT?
Ghetto Fabulous: last seen April last year. Status?
Fearmy: Last seen October 2009 (:(). Status?

OMFQ799799: Remove.
thederrit: Does he still play PT?
GuruKid: Does he still play PT?
Decoy/Dark Pikmin: Does he still play PT?
DemonFart: last posted in August 2010. Status?
Shinyspoon42: Last seen in October 2009. Safe to remove?

phi1ny3: Does he still play PT?
Eljin: Last seen in March of this year. Status?
SSJ5Goku8932: Does he still play PT?
anax4aero: Last seen in February 2010, 39 posts. Safe to remove?
Eevzy: Last seen in April 2010. Status?

Blitzmidfielder: Banned.
Jbeeber95: Banned.
ElemmasterZeph92: Banned.
Yoshi-Kirby: Banned.

Also, I think it would be good to keep people that aren't still active but were pretty recognizable/important at one time around in a separate "retired" list. Thoughts/nominations/other comments?

T-block

B2B TST
Yes to retired list.

Toby, Fearmy, Vermy, Pants, CHOMPY, Eevzy, Charizard92 (the most legendary of quotes lol) were all fairly active on these boards at one point.

IDK if Mic even plays Smash anymore... maybe he'll namesearch in here and tell us x.x
Vermy quit Brawl
CHOMPY doesn't play PT afaik, but he was posting here not that long ago
Blitzmidfielder was banned because he changed to an alt account. I don't think he plays Brawl anymore though

No clue on anyone else, and there are a lot of names I don't even recognize lol

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I forgot to put him down because he had recent activity, but is typh still active? Aside from the names you listed, I also remember Zeph and DemonFart being particularly active around these parts. Any leads there?

T-block

B2B TST
Was Zeph actually active? I don't remember seeing him post at all. No clue on either... not even sure if they play Brawl.

Nah, typh pops in once in a while, but that's about it. He'd be on the retired list.

Miles has quit Brawl too afaik. He plays Melee now, but still posts here once in a while.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I remember seeing Zeph all the time around here at one point, especially because his Squirtle was dreadfully out of season (it never did take off that Santa hat).

How many PT mains actually still play, ~5? I know I've seen Steeler, but is he still active?

T-block

B2B TST
Nah not really.

I could probably name 8 or 9 who still play? I know there are a bunch more on AiB actually, but I don't think there are any that are... good =x

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Yo you should add me lol. I'll rep PT at any tourney I go to. Blitzmidfielder... That's rob btw T-Block. He WOULD play PT if there was a Brawl scene here lol.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i hate brawl so no.

i kind of want to get the best mains of every character together to make a balance patch tho. wouldn't that be cool?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
The best mains of each character would not be my first choice for such a team haha.
yeh, i know what you are thinking. but with the balancing process i had in mind, the emphasis would be on balancing matchups. obvy if a char consistently wins a variety of matchups, then a slight general nerf is probably in order, and vice versa (mk/ganon). if they struggle a lot in some matchups but straight up dominate others, then they are probably polarizing and thus need to be smoothed out (ex: ddd ****** with cg/infinite, thus changing dthrow into a tech chase helps him in bad matchups he can't cg and hurts good ones where he can). stuff like that. plus changing stages to promote more diversity and help with the balancing.

really most of this has been covered by balanced brawl but very, very few people ever even played it and only 2 people were in charge of that. i think a patch made by the smartest and best players of each character would be better and much more successful. not to say that only those people can contribute. everyone can chime in and each char should have an open forum for discussion that representatives can look at to solicit ideas and such. it's just that in the interest of efficiency, one or two "official" character designers would discuss stuff with the other designers and actually do the balancing. i think it's a shame this hasn't already been done and popularized; we have the tools to make brawl much better and involve the community in a massive but (hopefully) rewarding task but no one is really interested... why? perhaps it's because the game is quite shallow and not that interesting to play even after only 3 1/2 years...

lots of people say that guilty gear is the most balanced fighter of all time. i once read that each character in that game had its own designer.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I sort of agree with you Steeler. My main concern with such a project would be a drastic changing of the game so that characters lose any semblance of what they were before, which is what I feel the fate of Brawl+ was. To be honest, I did not play with BBrawl for very long, but as far as PT goes I remember being particularly bothered by some of the Ivysaur changes because I felt that those changes did not fit in with the character's general style of play.

To me, the best way to go about this would be to look at Brawl and identify the underworking playstyle (both strengths and weaknesses) that is already present in the character, and then focus on making that viable. I.E. Ivysaur is built on a hybrid of low-risk/low-reward play (playing super campy with spacing moves like Bair, Razor Leaf, Dtilt, while ultimately doing little damage and having no kill potential) and high-risk/high-reward play (abandoning safety for the increased damage potential of Bullet Seed/Nair or the extreme kill potential of Usmash, for example) with little to no "middle ground" between these options (Fair?). The low/high model even extends to ledge play: of course, Ivysaur's only really safe options for people off-stage/on the ledge are Razor Leaf and Bair, but at the same time Ivysaur is capable of getting some extremely risky kills by tethering right above the ledge for a gimp or using Nair as an unexpected spike. As far as I'm concerned, Ivysaur is a complete character.

In theory. Of course, we all know that none of this holds up in practice and that Ivysaur has a lot of problems that keep it from being fully-functioning. The main problem as I see it is in the balance of the low/high model, especially in the "low." Ivysaur's camping is not as powerful as it should be--not only is Razor Leaf too slow and too low in priority to go even with characters like Link and Samus for camping (which I think is a reasonable expectation of a character as camp-inclined as Ivysaur), but it even loses to the projectiles of characters who are meant to be significantly less campy than it (Mario, Luigi, Lucario, etc.). Similarly, Bair (for all of its range and speed) is not effective enough as an aggravator/spacer, as too many characters do not fear its almost non-existent damage/knockback and can easily get around it. The worst offender of all is of course stamina, which inherently robs Ivysaur of any camping potential that it had left. What is meant to be low-risk/low-reward instead turns out being something more like moderate-to-high risk/no-reward.

While I support changes to internal balancing issues like the ones outlined above, I have to disagree with changes such as "no SDI against first hit of Bullet Seed" or the "push-up" from Dair. in the case of the first, I think it tempers with the high-risk/high-reward nature of the move itself, which directly goes against Ivysaur's inherent style of play. In the case of the second, I think it is both unrealistic/inconsistent with Ivysaur's style while also tampering with one of Ivysaur's natural weaknesses too much. I think in that case, it would have been better to make changes to what is essentially Ivysaur's only tool in keeping the edge clear (Razor Leaf) in doing so more effectively, and at most making Dair halt momentum to a level comparable to Lucario's Dair (so that the player regains complete control at a vertical height equal to where he uses the move, rather than Ivysaur's original post-move lag not letting it move until after losing some altitude)

Just my two cents.

P.S. I'll be starting work on reformatting this thread's first post soon.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
that's an excellent post retro, and exactly the kind of thinking that would make a community patch amazing.

i don't want to distract too much more from the point of this thread, but i do think bullet seed needs to be reworked a tad bit. it destroys some characters (dk, zard). there is nothing more frustrating than going for the seed but to only get 4% due to SDI which is often accidental... it's also unsafe on hit against characters like fox (a character who ivy would REALLY like to bullet seed every now and then).

i liked the dair change. my issue with the lucario comparison is that his is much, much faster than ours, so it looks more natural when he stops in place for a split second.

bair and razor leaf should do more damage and it'd be great if razor leaf autocanceled upon landing, or at least had less aerial lag. additionally, ivy's pivot grab needs to be reworked (reach higher).

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I like almost all of that great post retro and great formatting lol, but I disagree with your view of BBrawl's version of Ivy's D-air.

The boost you get from that actually really aided ivy in offstage situations because in regular brawl if I am high up or at least above the edge offstage, I like to d-air with Ivy. It gives me a chance(obviously if they are not MK and immediately harrassing you) see how my opponent is reacting and still keep me in a decent position. It also gives me the second I need to see what is the optimal gameplan for recovering at that moment. So adding a little push up from D-air was a really nice addition.

I just really wish they kept the ability to vinewhip more than once, because that wasn't game breaking to me. It just really gave the player some confidence in recovery with Ivy along with more options for recovery.

Steeler this idea is very impressive if you plan on running with it you have my support and help backing this up.

Top Bottom