• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OTHER Pokemon Game Creation Thread (Rock-Flying-Fighting Starter Trio)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I decided to branch out of the Pokemon game creations threads after the success of Legends Regigigas (seen below) and I decided to put my hat into the "make a Pokemon Region thread"
With one already existing be in ng based off Greece I decided to have some differences to make this thread stand out from the other one.

This Thread will feature

A region based off a country in the world

2 new Pokemon types

A new form for certain Pokemon to take (like G-Max or Mega Evolutions)

And as the title states instead of a traditional Fire-Grass-Water trio for starters, the starter trio will be Rock-Flying-Fighting to differentiate itself from the competition.

With this we can hope to make a unique and bountiful region.

Special Thanks to:
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Pokelego999 Pokelego999
cashregister9 cashregister9
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

For all the continued support you give me as I try and fail to make any new threads.

Now here is the tricky part, what country will this region be based on.

Welcome to the Nasra Reguon, based off the beautiful country of Egypt.

Native Pokemon:
1. Mummite (Fighting)
Pokedex

4. Pyrastone (Rock)
Pokedex

7. Edres (Flying/Fire)
Pokedex

Regional Forms:

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1
Mexico
Mexico is easily a very popular region to base a Pokemon Game on, and why should it be, its beutifal, has cool culture, and loads of potential Pokemon ideas.

Job 2
Elrya Region
I just like the name, and it can go on any Region no matter what they base it on.

Job 1:
Australia
Australia is very beautiful country and it could be perfect addition to have an Australian region on Pokemon Earth. Australia has cool culture, origins, has unique animals and has a lot of potential for making a region for the game.

Job 2:
Downstralia

I picked the name, because it references Australia and Upside-Down Joke, where people make fun of Australia, where the Continent Country locates at south hemisphere and it has feeling like if you're upside down while being in Australia.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1:
Australia
Australia is very beautiful country and it could be perfect addition to have an Australian region on Pokemon Earth. Australia has cool culture, origins, has unique animals and has a lot of potential for making a region for the game.

Job 2:
Downstralia

I picked the name, because it references Australia and Upside-Down Joke, where people make fun of Australia, where the Continent Country locates at south hemisphere and it has feeling like if you're upside down while being in Australia.
Good name but it should be noted that names and region inspiration are separate jobs, meaning were voting for the region inspiration and name separately

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Job 1
Egypt
Egypt has Too much history and potential where many things can be used from and even in terms of Pokémons and desert based climate would be unique to the Pokémon series I think both ancient Egypt and modern Egypt can be mixed in for a Pokémon game

Job 2
Masra region
Masr means eygpt in Arabic so I have chosen that name for the region as that’s the actual language they speak there just added extra A to make it seem different

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #1

Italy. The idea of this sort of location seems interesting, as you could do a variety of things with it - the Pokemon alone, for instance, have potential from being fashion stars in reference to the massive fashion scene at Milan, to a centurion-style Pokemon in reference to the Colesseum, to a skiing/snowboarding adrenaline junkie Pokemon based on the Alps, all the way to a Mini Cooper-like Pokemon in reference to The Italian Job. You could even base various Legendary Pokemon in this generation on various mythological figures from ancient Roman mythology!

Not only this, but there's a lot of interesting ways to take the region as Italy has quite a diverse array of geography - from mountains to vast plains, all the way to ancient ruins and beautiful coastal islands.

Job #2
Etroria - Based loosely on the name of an ancient civilisation originating in around 900BC (Etruria), I added an "o" in place of a "u" to somewhat differentiate it, and also to give it a nice sound. The civilisation IRL actually existed in central Italy before the ancient Roman Empire.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Ok, now I can't exactly think of a name (I've always been awful at naming things), I will suggest that the region should be based on India. I came up with the idea of having an Indian-themed region a while back after reading The Jungle Book (yeah, yeah...the actual book, not the disney movie) and I think a jungle-centric region could be really neat. While I know we won't be deciding on stuff like this yet, I'll bring up that my main idea for the themes of this region were "Onward" and "Outward," so one game focuses on human progress while the other focuses on preservation. The two main legendaries could be based on those ideals.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Mexico
Australia
Egypt
Italy
India

Elrya
Downstralia
Masra
Etoria

Thanks from all the entires, vote for your top 3 in each, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place, this voting job will be shorter than usual voting jobs and after this we will start on the starters.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Egypt (due to its history and being known for creating many great stone monuments it would work well for a gane with a Rock/Flying/Fighting Starter Trio)
Mexico (Personal Bias)
India (Nice culture)

Masra
Elrya
Etoria

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Mexico
Australia
Egypt
Italy
India

Elrya
Downstralia
Masra
Etoria

Thanks from all the entires, vote for your top 3 in each, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place, this voting job will be shorter than usual voting jobs and after this we will start on the starters.
1. Egypt (Lots of history, setpieces, and Pokemon potential)
2. Italy (Complete personal bias to be honest)
3. India (Still lots of potential)

1. Elrya
2. Masra
3. Etroria

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
The winner of which Country this region is based on is Egypt and the name will be the Nasra Region.

As the name of the thread suggests this thread instead of a Fire/Grass/Water we will have our starters be:

Rock
Resists: Normal, Flying, Poison, Fire
Weak: Fighting, Ground, Water, Gass, Fighting

Flying
Resists: Flying, Bug, Grass
Weak: Rock, Electric, Ice
Immune: Ground

Fighting
Resists: Rock, Bug, Dark
Weak: Flying, Psychic, Fairy

This trio of types will be our starters.

Job 3
Design the 3 Starters of the region

Using Egypt as inspiration create a trio of Starter lines, we will start with the first lines of an evolution and dedicate the rest in a future job.
The types need to be at least either Rock, Flying, or Fighting, you can add additional types but not ones that disrupt the triangle such as Ghost which makes Pokemon immune to the Fighting Type, only posts with a full starter trio will count.

Here is a type calculator for help on types

Here is a template for making a Pokemon

Name:
Type:
Ability: List Here
Species: (EX The Example Pokemon)
Pokedex Entry Version 1:
Pokedex Entry Version 2:
(Each version has a different Pokedex entry so we should do that as well)
Apperance and Inspration:

Again only do the first line of the Starter(s), evolutions are for future jobs, and these 3 starters must be Rock/Flying/Fighting type, you must also do a complete trio of Starters.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Name: Mummite
Type: Fighting
Ability: Steadfast
Species: The Bandaged Pokemon
Pokedex Entry Version 1: This mysterious Pokemon is said to constantly cover its entire body in bandages, going berserk if they're removed. Some say that its true body takes the form of clay, but recent research suggests that the bandages are actually a part of its own body.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: With complete control over its bandage-like protrusions, this Pokemon is quite an adept grappler! Known for its skill in the ring, the species has existed since ancient times, and has developed a unique fighting style based loosely on the gladatorial combat of its predecessors!

Apperance and Inspration: Based in prime on the traditional design of a mummy combined with that of a small ninja, I was a little inspired by the Castlevania series and a certain minor enemy from the Mega Man series when thinking of this, as well as Sylveon. Essentially, this starter form is completely wrapped in bandages, but appears to take the form of a small, clay golem-like being. Interestingly, as opposed to traditional kicks and punches, it uses the bandages in question as a means of attacking - but it's implied that it is deeply afraid of its own appearance for some reason, meaning that it constantly wears the bandages at all times. It's also implied that this Pokemon is well known for deeply caring for its Trainer if bonded with them, being surprisingly adept at first aid.

Whilst I did consider making it Ghost-type as a later Pokemon, I think this one works best, as it has a lot more personality - and perhaps a sort of kinship with Mimikyu?

(Also, I'd love the last version of this, if it gets in, to have a gigantic sarcophagus gun, similar to the Punisher held by Wolfwood in Trigun. Like, the idea of it being incredibly muscular, and dragging around this colossal sarcophagus that it can fire solar blasts out of would be hilarious, anime as hell, and fun)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Pokedex Entry Version 1: This mysterious Pokemon is said to constantly cover its entire body in bandages, going berserk if they're removed. Some say that its true body takes the form of clay, but recent research suggests that the bandages are actually a part of its own body.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: With complete control over its bandage-like protrusions, this Pokemon is quite an adept grappler! Known for its skill in the ring, the species has existed since ancient times, and has developed a unique fighting style based loosely on the gladatorial combat of its predecessors!

Apperance and Inspration: Based in prime on the traditional design of a mummy, I was a little inspired by the Castlevania series and a certain minor enemy from the Mega Man series when thinking of this, as well as Sylveon. Essentially, this starter form is completely wrapped in bandages, but appears to take the form of a small, clay golem-like being. Interestingly, as opposed to traditional kicks and punches, it uses the bandages in question as a means of attacking - but it's implied that it is deeply afraid of its own appearance for some reason, meaning that it constantly wears the bandages at all times. It's also implied that this Pokemon is well known for deeply caring for its Trainer if bonded with them, being surprisingly adept at first aid.

Whilst I did consider making it Ghost-type as a later Pokemon, I think this one works best, as it has a lot more personality - and perhaps a sort of kinship with Mimikyu?

(Also, I'd love the last version of this, if it gets in, to have a gigantic sarcophagus gun, similar to the Punisher held by Wolfwood in Trigun. Like, the idea of it being incredibly muscular, and dragging around this colossal sarcophagus that it can fire solar blasts out of would be hilarious, anime as hell, and fun)
Good Fighting Starter, but entires only count if it includes also a Flying and Rock Starter, just a reminder

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Horost
Flying
Ability: Early Bird
The Sun Bird Pokemon
Pokedex Version 1: It wakes up at the crack of dawn and is most active when the sun is it's brightest, it then sleeps when the moons rises.
Pokedex Version 2: Ancient kings keep these birds in their care, as it is said their gold feathers provide rejuvenating properties.
Inspiration: Based off the god Horus, who is an eagle, this Pokemon like previously stated has golden tipped feathers and its head has a plate resembling the Sun Disk, a Egyptian symbol of the sun, this disk glows when it is in direct contact with sunlight.
Jackip
Fighting/Ghost
Abilty: Competitve
The Jackal Pokemon
Pokedex Version 1: A scavenger, these Pokemon roam around burial grounds to dig up bones and arrange them in it's own den. It doesn't eat the bones so its motivations are unknown.
Pokedex Version 2: It is said that it's right eye can see the dead and it's left eye can see the living. And it has been reported that it has a habit of being randomly excited in haunted areas.
Appearance and Inspiration: It takes inspiration from jackals, which represent the god Anubis, who is responsible for looking after the dead, the Pokemon has a reddish brown fur color with markings on its body resembling bones it wears as an armor of sort, on its head is the Ahnk an Egyptian symbol for life.
Sphinox
Rock
Abilty: Sturdy
The Rock Feline Pokemon
Pokedex Version 1: Known for having a distinctive crest, this Pokemon is quite knowledgeable for its age. It specifically is knowledgable in the composition of precious stones.
Pokedex Version 2: It likes to gather precious stones to cover itself up to make it more beautiful. These are said to heighten its already surprising IQ.
Inspration: Based off cats and the sphinx, both are which are important Egypt staples. Shuning rocks over its head crest with a large stone in its head to represent its particularly surprising intellect.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Anyways, here's my concepts out of the way. Sorry they took so long, my browser crashed so I had to start over. All three of these are admittedly based in some way on Ancient Egypt, but on different aspects of the culture - specifically, mummies, archetecture, and mythology.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apperance and Inspration: Based in prime on the traditional design of a mummy combined with that of a small ninja, I was a little inspired by the Castlevania series and a certain minor enemy from the Mega Man series when thinking of this, as well as Sylveon. Essentially, this starter form is completely wrapped in bandages, but appears to take the form of a small, clay golem-like being. Interestingly, as opposed to traditional kicks and punches, it uses the bandages in question as a means of attacking - but it's implied that it is deeply afraid of its own appearance for some reason, meaning that it constantly wears the bandages at all times. It's also implied that this Pokemon is well known for deeply caring for its Trainer if bonded with them, being surprisingly adept at first aid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Pyrastone
Type: Rock
Ability: Solid Rock
Species: The Sandstone Pokemon

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Pyrastone’s actual body is quite a rare sight, mostly because of it tending to hide within its stone. It tends to live a nomadic and laid-back lifestyle, despite being known to be incredibly strong.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Whilst some think that the large stone that Pyrastone wears is a part of its body, recent research has shown that Pyrastone travels for miles to try and find a perfect stone for them. Upon burrowing into it, Pyrastone will never leave.

Apperance and Inspration: This design had me work backwards a little. My idea for the “final evolution” was basically a large stone camel with a pyramid on its back, which I thought should be named “Pyramel.” As such, I worked backward – thinking about the Rock type, I decided to base the Pokemon primarily on Ancient Egyptian architecture. As a result, the second evolution is to be based on pillars, and named “Pyrapole.” Moving backward further, where better to start than a simple stone?

At that point, I was actually inspired loosely by a combination of hermit crabs and turtles, so I thought it would be funny if the actual Pokemon is inside a stone that they find. As you can imagine, the stone is incredibly heavy, giving them a high defence stat. However, they’re also surprisingly strong too! Notably, I imagine that the Shiny form could potentially have it having burrowed into a large crystal buried into some rock, perhaps a ruby?

Name: Edres
Type: Flying/Fire
Ability: Blaze
Species: The Solar Pokemon

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Whilst various ancient artworks show Edres in different contexts, it is as of yet unknown whether it was customary in ancient times to create replicas of Edres, or to literally wear the Pokemon atop their head.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Edres apparently possesses an incredibly long lifespan whilst hibernating, taking a form similar to that of porcelain in the process. Whilst it makes it difficult to fly for a short time afterward, it seems to store heat exceptionally well.

Apperance and Inspration: In this case, I wanted to keep with the theme of the others I’d come up with, and try and keep with Egyptian mythology. I was reminded of Ra, the god of the sun in Egyptian mythology, who notably had a falcon-like head. Keeping it in mind as a final evolution (a small sun seems like a really fun thing to work with,) I needed to trawl backward as with Pyrastone.

However, I didn’t just want it to be a bird, given a lot of those exist in Pokemon already – so I came up with the idea that the Pokemon itself takes the form of a headdress, acting as a sort of inversion of the Slowbro formula. As such, the headdress (complete with golden wings) is the first evolution… though as for what the second is, I’m not sure yet. In terms of what to call it, I considered a few ideas, but I ended with Edres, based on “headdress,” (with the second evolution being Soldres, and the last evolution being Heliodres.)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Rock:
Name: Ra-K
The Ocular Pokemon
It's a big stone eye of ra. Like if unown was made out of rock. And specifically looked like the eye of ra.
Ability: Sharp Sight (Moves that lower accuracy are significantly less effective)
Pokedex Version 1: Some claim this pokemon shares its vision with Arceus itself.
Pokedex Version 2: A pokemon known for gathering in herds, they cast out the stones who are seen to blink.

Flying:
Name: Thothlite
The Ibis Pokemon (looks like an ibis and a spheal made a baby. A round little ball with an ibis beak)
Type: Flying
Ability: Balanced Scales (Immune to trick room or moves that would switch stats of pokemon)
Pokedex Version 1: These birds hate lies and are known to descend from the skies when the hear one.
Pokedex Version 2: It's long narrow beak helps it find bug pokemon living inside trees.

Fighting:
Name: Kopint
The Khopesh pokemon (looks like a pawniard with Khopesh blades)
Ability: Sharp Slash (Regular atk moves have greater chance for crit)
Pokedex Version 1: Over millenia, it has adjusted it's fighting style to work best with its curved blades.
Pokedex Version 2: If it loses it's curved blades through accident or amputation, the pokemon will refuse to eat.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Horost
Flying
Ability: Early Bird
The Sun Bird Pokemon
Pokedex Version 1: It wakes up at the crack of dawn and is most active when the sun is it's brightest, it then sleeps when the moons rises.
Pokedex Version 2: Ancient kings keep these birds in their care, as it is said their gold feathers provide rejuvenating properties.
Inspiration: Based off the god Horus, who is an eagle, this Pokemon like previously stated has golden tipped feathers and its head has a plate resembling the Sun Disk, a Egyptian symbol of the sun, this disk glows when it is in direct contact with sunlight.
Jackip
Fighting/Ghost
Abilty: Competitve
The Jackal Pokemon
Pokedex Version 1: A scavenger, these Pokemon roam around burial grounds to dig up bones and arrange them in it's own den. It doesn't eat the bones so its motivations are unknown.
Pokedex Version 2: It is said that it's right eye can see the dead and it's left eye can see the living. And it has been reported that it has a habit of being randomly excited in haunted areas.
Appearance and Inspiration: It takes inspiration from jackals, which represent the god Anubis, who is responsible for looking after the dead, the Pokemon has a reddish brown fur color with markings on its body resembling bones it wears as an armor of sort, on its head is the Ahnk an Egyptian symbol for life.
Sphinox
Rock
Abilty: Sturdy
The Rock Feline Pokemon
Pokedex Version 1: Known for having a distinctive crest, this Pokemon is quite knowledgeable for its age. It specifically is knowledgable in the composition of precious stones.
Pokedex Version 2: It likes to gather precious stones to cover itself up to make it more beautiful. These are said to heighten its already surprising IQ.
Inspration: Based off cats and the sphinx, both are which are important Egypt staples. Shuning rocks over its head crest with a large stone in its head to represent its particularly surprising intellect.
Rock:
Name: Ra-K
The Ocular Pokemon
It's a big stone eye of ra. Like if unown was made out of rock. And specifically looked like the eye of ra.
Ability: Sharp Sight (Moves that lower accuracy are significantly less effective)
Pokedex Version 1: Some claim this pokemon shares its vision with Arceus itself.
Pokedex Version 2: A pokemon known for gathering in herds, they cast out the stones who are seen to blink.

Flying:
Name: Thothlite
The Ibis Pokemon (looks like an ibis and a spheal made a baby. A round little ball with an ibis beak)
Type: Flying
Ability: Balanced Scales (Immune to trick room or moves that would switch stats of pokemon)
Pokedex Version 1: These birds hate lies and are known to descend from the skies when the hear one.
Pokedex Version 2: It's long narrow beak helps it find bug pokemon living inside trees.

Fighting:
Name: Kopint
The Khopesh pokemon (looks like a pawniard with Khopesh blades)
Ability: Sharp Slash (Regular atk moves have greater chance for crit)
Pokedex Version 1: Over millenia, it has adjusted it's fighting style to work best with its curved blades.
Pokedex Version 2: If it loses it's curved blades through accident or amputation, the pokemon will refuse to eat.
Anyways, here's my concepts out of the way. Sorry they took so long, my browser crashed so I had to start over. All three of these are admittedly based in some way on Ancient Egypt, but on different aspects of the culture - specifically, mummies, archetecture, and mythology.

Name: Pyrastone
Ability: Solid Rock
Species: The Sandstone Pokemon

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Pyrastone’s actual body is quite a rare sight, mostly because of it tending to hide within its stone. It tends to live a nomadic and laid-back lifestyle, despite being known to be incredibly strong.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Whilst some think that the large stone that Pyrastone wears is a part of its body, recent research has shown that Pyrastone travels for miles to try and find a perfect stone for them. Upon burrowing into it, Pyrastone will never leave.

Apperance and Inspration: This design had me work backwards a little. My idea for the “final evolution” was basically a large stone camel with a pyramid on its back, which I thought should be named “Pyramel.” As such, I worked backward – thinking about the Rock type, I decided to base the Pokemon primarily on Ancient Egyptian architecture. As a result, the second evolution is to be based on pillars, and named “Pyrapole.” Moving backward further, where better to start than a simple stone?

At that point, I was actually inspired loosely by a combination of hermit crabs and turtles, so I thought it would be funny if the actual Pokemon is inside a stone that they find. As you can imagine, the stone is incredibly heavy, giving them a high defence stat. However, they’re also surprisingly strong too! Notably, I imagine that the Shiny form could potentially have it having burrowed into a large crystal buried into some rock, perhaps a ruby?

Name: Edres
Type: Flying/Fire
Ability: Blaze
Species: The Solar Pokemon

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Whilst various ancient artworks show Edres in different contexts, it is as of yet unknown whether it was customary in ancient times to create replicas of Edres, or to literally wear the Pokemon atop their head.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Edres apparently possesses an incredibly long lifespan whilst hibernating, taking a form similar to that of porcelain in the process. Whilst it makes it difficult to fly for a short time afterward, it seems to store heat exceptionally well.

Apperance and Inspration: In this case, I wanted to keep with the theme of the others I’d come up with, and try and keep with Egyptian mythology. I was reminded of Ra, the god of the sun in Egyptian mythology, who notably had a falcon-like head. Keeping it in mind as a final evolution (a small sun seems like a really fun thing to work with,) I needed to trawl backward as with Pyrastone.

However, I didn’t just want it to be a bird, given a lot of those exist in Pokemon already – so I came up with the idea that the Pokemon itself takes the form of a headdress, acting as a sort of inversion of the Slowbro formula. As such, the headdress (complete with golden wings) is the first evolution… though as for what the second is, I’m not sure yet. In terms of what to call it, I considered a few ideas, but I ended with Edres, based on “headdress,” (with the second evolution being Soldres, and the last evolution being Heliodres.)
Vote for your favorite starter trio and why

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I of course cannot vote for mine, so my vote goes to Glubbfubb's. Each of the animal inspirations (being a jackal, a cat, and an eagle) are important animals in the Ancient Egyptian mythos, and for various reasons, are closely associated with the region. I think it's a good starting line-up, as it gives us a solid basis for things like merchandise, with more experimental Pokemon later on being less "risky" as it were.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
You know while we vote here is three jobs to enjoy because I'm feeling generous

Job 4
Submit the proffesor of the region
Submit the plant name inspired proffesor of the region, tell us the following.

Name: Has to be inspired by an Egyptian Plant or Tree
Design: What atire are they wearing
Personality:

Job 5
Create the two protagonists
Create the two protagonists of the game, describe both of their designs for the make and female one and their default names.

Job 6
Submit the regional route 1 rodent
Every game starts with a route 1 rodent styled animal, these tend to be based off small mammals native to the nation they inspire, submit a route 1 pokemon based off a small Egyptian mammal, it dosnt have to be a rodent specifically, this is a two stage line so you also need to include an evolution for it to be elligable.

Name:
Type:
Pokedex Entry Version 1:
Pokedex Entry Version 2:
How to Evolve
For this job the evolution must either be by a level up, or high friendship, if level up describe which level it will level up too.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Also if you need help with type matchups use this calculator to determine the weaknesses and resistances of the type your making this pokemon.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Job 4:
Name: Professor Tamarisk
Design: Cleopatra Headdress with a lab coat. Looks like early versions of Nico Robin from One Piece.
Personality: Says the creepy parts of pokedexes and acts like they're no big deal at every opportunity.

Job 5:
Protagonist A: Looks like a 10 year old Egyptian girl.
Protagonist B: Looks like a 10 year old Egyptian boy.

...I got nothing on this.

Job 6:
Name: Jerbitty
Type: Ground
Species: The Jerboa pokemon
Pokedex 1: While waiting for it's long legs to develop and grow, it must avoid puddles and ponds too deep as it won't be able to realize it cannot stand in them.
Pokedex 2: This tiny rodent has been known to be able to fit into the cracks between pyramid bricks
Appearance and Inspiration: A tiny version of a Jerboa https://www.semanticscholar.org/pap...oper/842e7eb3c78f2375035d26b2b17b68c2d0c09235 with tiny legs that it seems to be standing on its tippy toes to avoid.
How to Evolve: At level 22 it will become Jer-boa and have it's tail grow a snakelike second face.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 4:
Design: Cleopatra Headdress with a lab coat. Looks like early versions of Nico Robin from One Piece.
Personality: Says the creepy parts of pokedexes and acts like they're no big deal at every opportunity.

Job 5:

Job 6:
Pokedex 1: While waiting for it's long legs to develop and grow, it must avoid puddles and ponds too deep as it won't be able to realize it cannot stand in them.
Pokedex 2: This tiny rodent has been known to be able to fit into the cracks between pyramid bricks
Appearance and Inspiration: A tiny version of a Jerboa https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-lesser-Egyptian-jerboa,-Jaculus-jaculus:-a-for-Cooper/842e7eb3c78f2375035d26b2b17b68c2d0c09235 with tiny legs that it seems to be standing on its tippy toes to avoid.
How to Evolve: At level 22 it will become Jer-boa and have it's tail grow a snakelike second face.
Good entires but your rodent would need to have a Pokedex entry for its evolution as well alongside the base evolution to count, you could just use the same template to make that evolution dex entry, plus your player character submission is too vauge to work as an entry

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Good entires but your rodent would need to have a Pokedex entry for its evolution as well alongside the base evolution to count, you could just use the same template to make that evolution dex entry, plus your player character submission is too vauge to work as an entry
Cool, ignore the player character submissions because as stated, I got nothing on those.

As for the evolution:

Name: Jer-boa
Type: Ground/Poison
Pokedex 1: The second face on the tail of the jer-boa is known for using it's paralytic venom to evade larger pokemon trying to turn the Jer-Boa into a snack.
Pokedex 2: The second face on the tail of the jer-boa can bite and deliver poison, but it cannot eat.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
You know while we vote here is three jobs to enjoy because I'm feeling generous

Job 4
Submit the proffesor of the region
Submit the plant name inspired proffesor of the region, tell us the following.

Name: Has to be inspired by an Egyptian Plant or Tree
Design: What atire are they wearing
Personality:

Job 5
Create the two protagonists
Create the two protagonists of the game, describe both of their designs for the make and female one and their default names.

Job 6
Submit the regional route 1 rodent
Every game starts with a route 1 rodent styled animal, these tend to be based off small mammals native to the nation they inspire, submit a route 1 pokemon based off a small Egyptian mammal, it dosnt have to be a rodent specifically, this is a two stage line so you also need to include an evolution for it to be elligable.

Name:
Type:
Pokedex Entry Version 1:
Pokedex Entry Version 2:
How to Evolve
For this job the evolution must either be by a level up, or high friendship, if level up describe which level it will level up too.

Job #4
Name: Professor Acacia
Design: She's quite tall, having tanned skin and green eyes. In terms of clothing, she has the trademark lab coat of the other Professors, but her costume otherwise takes a lot of cues from Victorian-era explorers - complete with a wide-brimmed hat, large boots, and a sizable backpack that she keeps a lot of equipment in.
Personality: Acacia is a younger Professor, having recently started her research (hence explaining why she doesn't yet have a completed Pokedex.) Despite this, she has a passion for exploring, and unlike other Professors, it's quite common to find her around the world, observing lots of Pokemon herself. However, this raises a problem in that she's somewhat socially inept, preferring to spend her time amongst Pokemon as opposed to people, despite meaning well toward the people she meets.

Job #5
Y'know what? I'm going to submit three protagonists. As strange as it sounds, I think this would be a really great idea. Best example I can think of is Pokemon Uranium, with the idea being that there's a male, female and neutral protagonist. If this isn't what y'all had in mind, that's okay - I just thought it might be a cool idea, plus it's not something that would change much in terms of gameplay, just things like the pronouns by which the character is addressed. It's something that's been pretty heavily requested in various Pokemon games for a while, so why not!

All three of the protagonists, by default, have slightly tanned skin (due to the climate of the region, etc.) Being, as usual, 10 years old in canon, all of them have the build and general appearance of a 10 year old child in the Pokemon universe. You can, of course, change the basic appearance and clothing, but I'm just going on about the defaults.

The basic selection has the protagonist wear combat shorts, a plain sand-coloured T-shirt, and a shirt on the outside as well. Aside from this, he wears sturdy boots, as well as a necklace that looks like a Pokestop (from Pokemon Go.) This is regardless of the protag you actually choose, it works well for all of them.

The canon names for the protagonists are Ezra, Jordan, and Cleo, all of which have connections to the desert (though, ironically, the first two are more closely connected with Israel than Egypt, though they still work well.)

Job #6
Name: Rotine
Type: Normal/Ground
Ability: Speed Boost
Species: The Porcupine Pokemon

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Rotine seems to have evolved over the years to be able to roll at high speeds over the desert dunes - even being able to keep up with vehicles! However, it has a natural aversion to water.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Some say that Rotine is able to use its spines to stab into the sand when rolling, providing much greater traction and speed! However, young Rotine often get dizzy when practicing their rolling.

Apperance and Inspration: I decided to base this on the North African Crested Porcupine, as I was originally thinking a gerboa could be cool, but it got submitted. (No problems tho!) As such, I decided it might be pretty fun to take some inspiration from another spiky-haired animal, Sonic the Hedgehog - so my idea was, what if it's a porcupine that can roll across the desert dunes? My idea is that it's a little like Ben 10's Cannonball, in that it can just curl up, and quickly rev up to move at high speeds. However, the idea of it using the spines a little like spiked tires seemed fun to me too. Of course, this would need to have some touch-ups to look more... Pokemon-esque.

How to Evolve
This Pokemon can be evolved by levelling up to Level 21, at which point it evolves to Gyrotine.

Name: Gyrotine

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Gyrotine seems to have a massive amount of core strength, as it is able to jump incredibly high by using dunes as ramps, and using its own toned body as a form of suspension.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Whilst Gyrotine can't roll into a ball like Rotine, the large "hole" within it is often used by them to adjust young Rotine to the rapid spinning natural for the species.

Apperance and Inspration: My idea for Gyrotine was essentially, "What if Rotine became a stuntman?" From there, I sort of extended it based on how a lot of anime protagonists have spiky hair, so essentially, Gyrotine is a much longer but also much faster version of Rotine. Unlike Rotine, which just rolls into a ball, Gyrotine rolls itself a little like an Ouroboros, essentially turning itself into a wheel with a "hollow" centre. Not only this, but it's loosely based on the idea of dune buggies, a popular method of transport across deserts. As a result of this, Gyrotine actually wears goggles all the time - when not moving, it has the goggles on its head and above its eyes, but when rolling, it has the goggles on its eyes.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Job #4
Design: She's quite tall, having tanned skin and green eyes. In terms of clothing, she has the trademark lab coat of the other Professors, but her costume otherwise takes a lot of cues from Victorian-era explorers - complete with a wide-brimmed hat, large boots, and a sizable backpack that she keeps a lot of equipment in.
Personality: Acacia is a younger Professor, having recently started her research (hence explaining why she doesn't yet have a completed Pokedex.) Despite this, she has a passion for exploring, and unlike other Professors, it's quite common to find her around the world, observing lots of Pokemon herself. However, this raises a problem in that she's somewhat socially inept, preferring to spend her time amongst Pokemon as opposed to people, despite meaning well toward the people she meets.

Job #5
Y'know what? I'm going to submit three protagonists. As strange as it sounds, I think this would be a really great idea. Best example I can think of is Pokemon Uranium, with the idea being that there's a male, female and neutral protagonist. If this isn't what y'all had in mind, that's okay - I just thought it might be a cool idea, plus it's not something that would change much in terms of gameplay, just things like the pronouns by which the character is addressed. It's something that's been pretty heavily requested in various Pokemon games for a while, so why not!

All three of the protagonists, by default, have slightly tanned skin (due to the climate of the region, etc.) Being, as usual, 10 years old in canon, all of them have the build and general appearance of a 10 year old child in the Pokemon universe. You can, of course, change the basic appearance and clothing, but I'm just going on about the defaults.

The basic selection has the protagonist wear combat shorts, a plain sand-coloured T-shirt, and a shirt on the outside as well. Aside from this, he wears sturdy boots, as well as a necklace that looks like a Pokestop (from Pokemon Go.) This is regardless of the protag you actually choose, it works well for all of them.

Job #6

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Rotine seems to have evolved over the years to be able to roll at high speeds over the desert dunes - even being able to keep up with vehicles! However, it has a natural aversion to water.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Some say that Rotine is able to use its spines to stab into the sand when rolling, providing much greater traction and speed! However, young Rotine often get dizzy when practicing their rolling.

Apperance and Inspration: I decided to base this on the North African Crested Porcupine, as I was originally thinking a gerboa could be cool, but it got submitted. (No problems tho!) As such, I decided it might be pretty fun to take some inspiration from another spiky-haired animal, Sonic the Hedgehog - so my idea was, what if it's a porcupine that can roll across the desert dunes? My idea is that it's a little like Ben 10's Cannonball, in that it can just curl up, and quickly rev up to move at high speeds. However, the idea of it using the spines a little like spiked tires seemed fun to me too. Of course, this would need to have some touch-ups to look more... Pokemon-esque.

How to Evolve
This Pokemon can be evolved by levelling up to Level 21, at which point it evolves to Gyrotine.

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Gyrotine seems to have a massive amount of core strength, as it is able to jump incredibly high by using dunes as ramps, and using its own toned body as a form of suspension.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Whilst Gyrotine can't roll into a ball like Rotine, the large "hole" within it is often used by them to adjust young Rotine to the rapid spinning natural for the species.

Apperance and Inspration: My idea for Gyrotine was essentially, "What if Rotine became a stuntman?" From there, I sort of extended it based on how a lot of anime protagonists have spiky hair, so essentially, Gyrotine is a much longer but also much faster version of Rotine. Unlike Rotine, which just rolls into a ball, Gyrotine rolls itself a little like an Ouroboros, essentially turning itself into a wheel with a "hollow" centre. Not only this, but it's loosely based on the idea of dune buggies, a popular method of transport across deserts. As a result of this, Gyrotine actually wears goggles all the time - when not moving, it has the goggles on its head and above its eyes, but when rolling, it has the goggles on its eyes.
Perfect protagonists entry, the only thing missing is a default name (May and Brendan, Dawn and Lucus, Etc)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
My Road Map
Currently we are doing protagonists, professor, and Route 1 rodent, our next jobs will include

Route 1 Bug
Route 1 Fish

Then our Friendly Rival and our Jerk Rival

Followed by a new regional form and new regional evolution

Then depending on how the entires go a Normal Type Line

Then a Normal Type as our first gym.

The reason I chose Normal is because Normal is resisted by Rock and is weak to Fighting but neutral to Flying making the best choice for a unorthodox starting trio.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 4:

Job 5:

Job 6:
Appearance and Inspiration: A tiny version of a Jerboa https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-lesser-Egyptian-jerboa,-Jaculus-jaculus:-a-for-Cooper/842e7eb3c78f2375035d26b2b17b68c2d0c09235 with tiny legs that it seems to be standing on its tippy toes to avoid.

Job #4

Job #5

The canon names for the protagonists are Ezra, Jordan, and Cleo, all of which have connections to the desert (though, ironically, the first two are more closely connected with Israel than Egypt, though they still work well.)

Job #6

How to Evolve

There is only one full protagonist submission, which I'm going to use, still need a name for them

Routine Line
Jerbitty Line

Proffesor Arcacia
Proffesor Tamarisk

Vote for your favorite of each, and why

Job 7
Submit a Route 1 Bug
Submit a Regional Bug line, this can go many different ways, you could design the line like a traditonal 3 stage line, or have it end in a branching path, submit a regional Bug line, it has to have a Caterpillar or Grub stage, a Cocoon stage, and an adult stage, use the temple we have been using recently to make this line.

Job 8
Submit a Route 1 Fish
With Egypt having the great Nile river, we should make a special route 1 fish Pokemon, design a fish like Pokemon, this can be a single stage, 2 line, or 3 line Pokemon, use the template to design this Pokemon and how it evolves.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Name:
Type:
Pokedex Entry Version 1:
Pokedex Entry Version 2:
How to Evolve

Top Bottom