• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OTHER Pokemon Game Creation Thread (Rock-Flying-Fighting Starter Trio)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
There is only one full protagonist submission, which I'm going to use, still need a name for them

Routine Line
Jerbitty Line

Proffesor Arcacia
Proffesor Tamarisk

Vote for your favorite of each, and why

Job 7
Submit a Route 1 Bug
Submit a Regional Bug line, this can go many different ways, you could design the line like a traditonal 3 stage line, or have it end in a branching path, submit a regional Bug line, it has to have a Caterpillar or Grub stage, a Cocoon stage, and an adult stage, use the temple we have been using recently to make this line.

Job 8
Submit a Route 1 Fish
With Egypt having the great Nile river, we should make a special route 1 fish Pokemon, design a fish like Pokemon, this can be a single stage, 2 line, or 3 line Pokemon, use the template to design this Pokemon and how it evolves.
In terms of the name, I added it in the form of an edit - just for clarity, I'll add them here. The male protagonist's canon name is Ezra, the female protagonist's canon name is Cleo, and the neutral protagonist's canon name is Jordan. Each of these have connections to the desert in some way.

In this case, I have to submit the Jerbitty Line (though I'd like to clarify that the name is Rotine, guessing it's just spellcheck though hehee) and Tamarisk given that I submitted the other two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job #7

Pre-Evolution

Name: Scarlace
Type: Bug
Ability: Overcoat
Species: The Scarab Pokemon

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Scarlace, being similar in appearance to an opulent golden necklace, is often mistaken as such by spelunkers in the region. The small hole inside their abdomen was used by ancient people to thread a small chain through, in order to wear them as a status symbol.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Scarlace's golden body is unusual in that it doesn't seem to be true gold, but moreso a form of tiny thread that the Pokemon coats itself with. Likewise, the small crystal-like protrusions on its back only appear like crystals because it constantly polishes them.

Apperance and Inspration: I wanted to base this evolution line loosely on the Scarab Beetle, a very important part of Egyptian mythology. As such, the first evolution was a bit of a problem because naturally, Scarabs don't go through a crystalis process, so I had to invent one. With the last one being based on a combination of a scarab beetle and a golden crest, I worked backward - considering inspiration from an organ jar for the "cocoon" as well as moving backward to a simple bee, that could maybe take a form similar to a sort of medallion or something! It was at that point I realised it would be cool if the Pokemon was often mistaken for treasure, and that's where the name Scarlace (as in, Scarab and Necklace) came from for the first Evolution.)

How to Evolve: Scarlace will evolve at Level 9 to Scardent.

Mid-Evolution
Name: Scardent
Type: Bug

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Due to Scardent's appearance being very similar to a pendant, some legends have unintentionally formed about mysterious pendants that cannot be opened, and then spring outward and fly into the sun. It's thought now that this was the process of Pokemon evolution at work.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Scardent's shell, made up of the thin gold-like fibres that the Pokemon produces from its body, is nearly impenetrable by normal means - though interestingly, it's a common practice for Scardent to pick up shiny treasures before wrapping itself up, locking them inside with them.

Apperance and Inspration: As mentioned earlier, I thought it would be a cool idea to take inspiration from organ jars here. In keeping with the whole treasure/scarab theme, I thought it would be cool if this Pokemon were a little like the Ark of the Covenant in that they can't be opened, but in this case, it's due to how hard their outer shell is. From a natural standpoint, this could be from thread - so I implemented the fable of the Golden Thread here and had the Pokemon constantly wrap itself in said thread to give them a golden appearance. Due to the nature of it now being a closed piece of jewellry, I decided to name it Scardent, taking from Scarab and Pendant. However, whilst I originally planned to make them Bug/Steel, the idea of it being like a Sudowoodo situation in that it's not even real gold made it illogical.

How to Evolve: Scardent will evolve at Level 18 to Scarcrest.

Final Evolution
Name: Scarcrest
Type: Bug/Fire

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Scarcrest seems to be able to fly upon the winds by twisting the wing-like protrusions that make up its imposing silhouette. However, when flying, there's a risk that sunlight will be refracted through its large gemstone, causing burning below...
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Scarcrest is seen as a good luck charm to those that come across it. It's suggested, according to ancient artwork, that Scarcrest had a great kinship with Heliodres, and the pair of them would often accompany ancient leaders as well as one another.

Apperance and Inspration: My idea for this last one was originally based a little on (I think) Raiders of the Lost Ark, where they use a special staff to shine a light on the tomb's entrance. With this in mind, I pictured this Pokemon as a sort of living crest of sorts, with a large gemstone in the middle which it keeps with it at all times - even when cocooned up in its mid-evolution form. Given this, and its nature as essentially a flying magnifying glass, I gathered it would be pretty sweet to be able to have it channel the sun's energy into beams and the like, hence its dual typing of Bug/Fire. The name is easy - a portmanteau of Scarab and Crest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job #8

Pre-Evolution

Name: Khoperch
Type: Water/Steel
Ability: Shell Armour
Species: The Bladed Pokemon

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Khoperch are incredibly dangerous to sailors and such, mostly due to their incredibly sharp and tough fins and scales. However, it's a common practice for people to create knives from the scales in question, as they grow back quickly - Khoperch feed from the iron in the rivers.
Pokedex Entry Version 2: Despite looking incredibly threatening, Khoperch are actually quite relaxed under most circumstances. However, if the water they're in has too much salt, then they tend to swim upstream at high speeds to get out of the salty water, regardless of what's in the way.

Apperance and Inspration: I wanted to take inspiration from Egyptian weaponry for this one, but I was also inspired by the Anubis fight from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders to an extent. Thinking to weaponry common for the region in ancient times, the most common is the khopesh, so having those as fins works well. My idea is that it's essentially a living pile of blades and the like - even its scales are sharp! In terms of a name, I took inspiration from the aforementioned khopesh, as well as the Nile Perch, a fish local to the region, to wind up with Khoperch.

How to Evolve: Khoperch evolves by trading it whilst holding a Steel Coat into Khoboat.

Final Evolution
Name: Khoboat
Type: Water/Steel
Ability: Shell Armour
Species: The Bladed Pokemon

Pokedex Entry Version 1: Unlike Khoperch, which spends a lot of its time underwater, Khoboat is particularly dangerous as it tends to float on the surface - using its large pincers to snap at anything it thinks is food, which can sometimes even include rafts or boats!
Pokedex Entry Version 2: It's said that Khoboat's steel body hides a soft interior, though nobody has ever broken their way inside to find out for sure. In fact, Khoboat's scales are so durable, they can't even be harvested like Khoperch's!

Apperance and Inspration: In essence, I wanted this Pokemon to be pretty tanky. Given the last one was covered in heavy steel blades, it made sense to me that it would want to be more effective underwater. As such, I decided to give it large, crab-like pincers that it can use to grab enemies - and not only this, but I felt it needed more fins, though they now have a rowing motion as opposed to that of a normal fish, to look a lot more like a canoe or something. As such, I wanted a boat-based name, so I went with Khoboat - a much simpler option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom