• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why Midna should be in smash bros Brawl:

Info on midna: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midna

Midnas score on the rate their chances thread:

Name - Smashboards Score - GameFAQs Score
9) Solo Midna - 67% - 49.2%

Abilities:
Floating
Can desmaterialize and materialize (kinda like a teleportation move)
Shadow magic
With help of shadow magic can lift incredibly heavy objects
Warp (greater distance from her other teleportation ability, being able to warp through the twilight holes in the sky)
Can transform her hair into a giant Hand
Can transform her hair into spike-like vines
Can hide in shadows
Etc.

Possible Moveset:
(Only B moves sorry)
B: Dark field; Dont know the real name forgot, but the field attack she does in the game, the attack will take a while to begin, after the 1-1.5 second delay the field would appear anyone in the range of the attack either in the ground or in the air will be hit, realease the b button to execute the attack, without wolf link she would do rapid strikes, u cant see what she attcks with do to the incredible speed, so fast shes a blur XD...
B<>: Hair spike; the attack she did to zant after u defeated him, would have long range and high knockback but takes a while to perform...
Down B: Dark shield: Shes uses those black squares as a shield that protects her from both left and right, but not from above or below...
Up B: Portal: She would disappear trough a portal, the portal would reappear in the direction the layer tilts the control at and the midna falls from the portal...

Super: Fused Shadow: She will use the fused shadows and trsnform into the huge monster thing, and she will either do the spear she did to flame ganon and do a massive shockwave or will use the grab attack it did to puppet zelda that purify her, this will grab any character in its way or will grab one random character and this character wont be able to dodge it, this attack will give fasy multiple powerful hits...

My reasons on why she should be in:
Midna, guide/partner of Link in the newest chapter in the LOZ series: LoZ Twilight princess... In the game Midna has quite possibly has the biggest role, maybe only 2nd to Link, the hero, the entire games revolves around the twilight real, its usurper ruler and about midna, secretly being the twilight princess, convinces link to help her in exchange she will help save his friends from his village...

Midna is quite diferent from ur usual guide character in a LoZ game, her personality is totally diferent from that of any known LoZ character, at 1st she act childish, kinda like a little brat, acting kinda superior over link while hes in wolf form, while the game develops she start changing her attitude, especially when zelda sacrifices herself for her, she learns that in order to save her world, shes gotta save the world of light as well, and l8r we learn that shes indeed the twilight princess, kinda like the twilight realms own Zelda, her mission now is to stop Zant, the usurper king, and save her people of the Twili, when she learns that ganondorf was the one tha gave zant his powers, they go to the light realm and finish off ganondorf, Midna then destroys the twilight mirror, tus breakin the link between the light and shadow worlds...

Thats just a brief story of midnas role in the game, we can tell shes far more important than navi, tatl, the king of red lions, or any other guide, beinghaving the biggest role and all, not only that she is the character with more voice acting than any other character in LoZ history, I know it aint much, cause shes doesnt really talk, still she talk way more than any other character...

Midnas popularity is incredibly high, far greater than when sakurais poll was made (thus shes not on the list), is a unique character, and has a great shot in brawl, why u ask? Ill tell u...

1) She has one apperance, yes, but so did sheik, and that didnt stop her from being in, and midna was way more important in TP than sheik was in OoT, one apperance doesnt lower ur chances being in brawl, and if u have a big role in the game, that raises ur chances...

2) She may not appear in another zelda game, but we still dont know yet, since the only known game being developed rite now is Phantom hourglass, we dont know if midna may or may not appear in another game, most likely she wont return, but its still too early...

3) She has a large arsenal of moves that can be added in the game, with her teleportation abilities, shadow magic, and the twili spider being a possible super, a moveset would not be hard to make...

4) She stars in the most recent zelda, not only that she has the greates role, she is by far one of the most interesting and unique characters in the entire series, has as much screen time as link, and is very popular among fans...

5) TP need representation, since link (even tough he has the TP outfit) represents the entire series, as well as ganondorf and zelda, we need exclusive TP characters (meaning characters that were introduced in TP), Midna fits the bill perfectly, as well as zant, but im not commenting on him here...

Midna against - What are her chances againt other possible Zelda newcomers

Skull kid
Vaati
Tingle
Zant
WW Link
Happy mask salesman (rolf OMG lol)

Skull kid: Skull kid was the antagonist in MM, using the mask he uses the moon to crush Termina, and thus killin everything...

If skull kid would have been added in melee, then his chances of returning would be good, yet he wasnt added, melee came out 1-2 years after MM, he was a perfact candidate, yet he wasnt added, why? who knows, maybe they didnt had time or something, its anyones guess...

Now nearly 10 years l8r, skull kids chances being in brawl are slim, mainly because he lacked a role in WW and a good role in TP (he was mostly a guide revealing where to go so u can get to the master sword), thats 2 games after the release of melee, not only that in MM mask, he had a small role actualyl, only being the holder of the mask, bringing the moon down, and was friends with the 4 giants, thats it, the mask was the one controlling SK, so technically the main bad guy was always the mask, skull kid was just a puppet, no more, no less...

Midna obviously pwns him in chances in gettin in brawl, being newer, more popular and having one heck of a role in the newest Zelda game...

Now that his fan base has been lowered, and after 10 years, his chances are very slim, and with other newer characters like midna, zant and WW link, we may never c SK in smash...

As much as I like him (I actually want him in brawl) I dont expect him in brawl...

Vaati: I dont know much of the character, only thing I know is that he has only been in portable zelda games, the portables arent as popular as the console games, thus midna has more chance than him, yet IDK I guess we can have a rep from the portable games...

Tingle: As much as I despise tingle, he has a good chance, yet I think midna beats him IMO...

WW link: Now heres a tough one, I say both have an equal shot, yet I think WW link actually beats midna, u c Y.linkis in melee, thus, since WW link will replace him, its like were counting him as a returning character, kinda hard to explain, point is I gotta say 50/50

HMS: HAHAHAHA I LAUGH at the idea, Midna absolutely PWNS him!

Now thats my 2 cents on why Midna should be in, I may do a similair thing to other characters, but that will do 4 now...

melee_man

Smash Cadet
FULL Solo Midna Moveset

I have seen quite the few move sets for Midna/Wolf combo,
but how about Midna herself?

I did what I could to put in many TP references with her attacks, rather
than a bunch of random moves nobody has ever heard of.

Midna (solo Imp) Full moveset

-------------- * means reference to TP ----------

On-Ground A:

A: A punch, hit three times makes punch punch kick.

<>A: A flying kick where she quickly jumps
horizontally a few feet and kicks once

^ A: an uppercut or backfist punch upwards.

V A: Quickly gets on her side and does a low kick
in the direction she faces

s<>A: * Smash that charges up the longer you hold it,
and sends her hair in the direction she faces
(spoilers:
like when she destroys Zant
)

s^ A: Smash attack where she backflips with a midair kick

sV A: Smash that is similar to her "V A" but spins in a
circle tripping enemies on both sides of her

-----------

Midair A:

A: Similar to the regular A, but only 1 hit, and stronger.

<>A: Similar to the regular <>A attack,
but doesnt move in either direction as much

^ A: Similar to the regular S^ A attack,
but no charging and less damage.

V A: Very similar to Jigglypuff's Midair Down A, it
Spins and spikes/meteor smashes enemies.

-----------
B-Attacks:

B: * Charge an energy field, all who are in it get hit
by her hair. (similar to the TP charge B, but without link)

<>B: * A semi-strong magic move that sends an enemy flying if smashed
1: Face the enemy (be very close, melee attack range)
2: Press <>B, 3: The enemy gets shot off like a rocket in
the direction that midna faces. (This move is a take on how
Midna broke link's chain in the beginning. The animation would
be very similar too!)
If this move is smashed it is stronger than just regular <>B

^ B: * This one is special, ill talk about it later.

V B: * This will hit all nearby enemies with shadow magic. Its a quick move.
But while carrying an item, will also 'Store' the item with twilight magic.
Press V B a second time will also return the item. If carrying an item, it
will only switch out the items. (But nomatter what it will always hit the foes
with shadow magic)
(Similar to when link first gets the sword and shield, and midna puts them away)

------------
Throws:

Grab: * grabs an enemy with her hair (has range a little short of hookshot)
(Similar to when midna takes link into the twilight realm)

A-button: slaps the enemy.

Direction Facing: tosses enemy in the direction she faces.

Direction opposite: Tosses foe in opposite direction
(farther than direction facing)

Down: Throws enemy into the ground. If facing off right at a
ledge, will shoot them downward.

UP: * Midna enters the foe's shadow, and rockets up below them,
launching the enemy into the sky (if they have enough damage)
(Similar to when midna hides in link's shadow, duh!)

---------------
Dodges:

*: Every dodge is a reference to when midna splits apart and
reforms on the other side of the bars in wolf links's chamber/prison cell

Shield: just a regular old sheild, like everyone else
(what, did you expect a hairball or something?)

sidestep: Midna splits apart and reforms in the same place.

Roll dodge: same as above but moves left or right.

midair: same as sidestep but in a direction if pushed.

------------------

Other actions:

Midair Z: reaches out with hair, and may grab onto a ledge or wall.
(this acts like the hookshot link has)

Final smash: * SPOILERS:
This is the fused shadow attack you see at
the end of the game.

the up B move: *

This is an interesting little piece. It actually has TWO
(maybe even three?) moves.

1st function: WHile on solid ground, midna will point up and
create a green portal.
whenever she feels need, she can press up B again and
turn into those little squares we all know and
warp there. Very usefull when about to die.

2nd function: Without a portal, when in midair, she will once
again turn into the little squares, but move a certain distance
and reappear in the direction that was tilted by the control stick.

The thing about the green portal, it is very fragile and destructible.
with a couple of simple hits its gone. It also leaves once Midna warps to it.
Its indestructible when Midna is already warping to it, otherwise, the game
might glitch... might.

* All of the above is reference to midna's ability to warp in TP

Taunt: Midna simply faces the camera, and puts her fist near her mouth
and simply laughs her signature laugh.

If I missed any move that needs to be filled...just pm me.
If I shouldnt have "bumped" this topic, pm me again.

Smady

Smash Master
By herself. If she's going to get any recognition on her own merits and popularity for being herself, t'is the only way. Riding Link is about as metaphorical as a 'Smash character can get with companions. She may as well have wings and shout "LISTEN" in that case.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Midna
(It is a Wolf Link/Midna team, but they will be referred to as Midna by the announcer.)

Stats:

Attack: ***
Average

Attack Speed: ****
Wolves (like foxes) are naturally agile and quick.

Reach: *****
Because of Midna’s hair-extensions (no joke intended), she will have good reach.

Jump: ***
Both of Wolf Link’s jumps combined would equal one of Fox’s second jump (because wolves are not built to jump.) However, Midna brings this up with her teleport abilities. All-in-all, it would be average.

Gravity: ***
Average

Height: ** (and a half.)
Wolf Link is about as tall as Ness, but add in Midna and he’s taller.

Weight: **
Because Midna is so small and light, Wolf Link has all of the weight here.

Wall-Jump: No

Playing Style: You would control Wolf Link for about half of the “A” attacks, all the movement (walking, running, etc.), the first two jumps, and very few air and “B” attacks. Midna would handle some “A” attacks, all/most of the “B” attacks, all/most of the aerial attacks, control the “third jump”, and control the “Super“ attack. Midna uses all handheld and equip items, while Wolf Link uses all throwing items.

Fighter Stance: Wolf Link would stand on all fours (duh) in a “ready to fight”-like pose. While Midna would hold onto Wolf Link with both hands and lower her head. Stand still for a little bit and Midna will look around.

Movement Speed: One notch lower than Fox.

Taunt: Wolf Link sits and looks back at Midna while she yawns in classic Twilight Princess style.

Victory Music: The music from Twilight Princess anytime you defeated a boss/learned a hidden skill.

Victory Poses:
1) Wolf Link jumps around in circles trying to get Midna off of his back (like when she first mounted him.) The picture freezes with Wolf Link’s front paws on the ground, back paws in the air, and Midna hanging on for dear life.
2) Wolf Link howls and then spins (like in TP.)
3) A Moblin is seen on the screen. Suddenly, Wolf Link comes from the side and (easily) vanquishes the Moblin. As the Moblin “poofs”, Wolf Link and Midna turn to face you.
(Open to suggestions)

Icon (face): Triforce (Midna)

Levels:

Stage: Kakariko Village - Unlocked once Midna becomes playable. This level is very similar to Onett. There is no falling on this level. KO is only possible on the left, right, and up. Start with the shrine on one side, put Barnes’ Bomb shop on the other, and add every building against the western cliff side between the two.
You fight on the roofs of the buildings with two gaps. The first gap in between the shrine and the first house, while the second gap is between Barnes’ shop and the last house. These gaps will let you fight on the ground between them. You can also fight on the other side of Barnes’ shop and the shire, but it’s dangerously close to the level edge.
Level Hazard: Every now and then, a Goron will roll by and harm anyone caught in the path (down in the gaps.)

Adventure Mode Level: Twilight Palace - You start at the bottom of the palace and have to fight several Twilight-themed monsters while making it to the top. You can not advance to the next floor of the level until all the monsters in the area are defeated. After about 5-6 floors, you arrive at the top for a 300 stamina battle against Zant. Note: Zant does NOT become playable if defeated. Also, Zant’s life decreases to 150 on Easy, 75 on Very Easy, and increases to 450 on Hard, 600 on Very Hard.

How to Unlock: Defeat Zant in Very Hard difficulty Adventure mode with Link.

Items:
Gale Boomerang - Throwing item. Once thrown, the boomerang releases a small tornado around it. If the boomerang hits anyone, they are engulfed in the tornado, spun around, and thrown into the air [think Hyrule Castle from SSB] (the boomerang then returns to the thrower.) If it doesn’t hit anyone, the boomerang returns. The boomerang can be thrown three times. Can also be used to grab items from a distance and put them at your feet. Unlike Link’s boomerang, it will not return if you don’t catch it.

Oocca - Throwing item. Basically, they are the new Mr. Saturn item.

Shadow Stone - Equip item. Gives the user wolf-like characteristics (tails, ears, fur, etc.) and temporarily increases attack speed (gives them wolf-like agility.) Works in the same way that the Bunnyhood, Super Mushroom, and Metal Box do.
(In retrospect, this item would be tricky to see on Wolf, Krystal, or Fox.)

Alternate Colors:

Inverted - Midna’s white areas become black, and her grey areas become white. Her hair also becomes blue. Wolf Link also becomes white.
Tupic Green - Wolf Link become the same green as his tunic. Midna stays normal.
(Open to suggestions)

Kirby Hat: Kirby equips Midna’s hat and hair, while the remaining exposed area becomes covered in fur. This symbolizes the Midna/Wolf Link team.
(Open to suggestions) (Needing someone willing to make images)

Moveset:
Because of Midna’s great reach, all of her hair-hand attacks have extended hit-boxes (like a sword.)

NOTE: * = Taken/Modified from Twilight Princess.

A: Chomps forward once.* No knock back. 2%

A twice: Second chomp.* No knock back. 3%

A three: Quickly turns and tail swipes.* Low knock back. 5%

Dash A: Midna’s places her hair-hand in front of Wolf Link and makes a fist; acting as a battering ram. Decent knock back. 6-7%

Forward Tilt: Wolf Link swipes with his claws. Low knock back. 5-8%

Up Tilt: Wolf Link swipes upward with his claws. No knock back. 6-7%

Down Tilt: Wolf Link tilts his head to a diagonal angle and aims for the ankles (or hands if they’re hanging from the edge) with his teeth/fangs. Low knock back, good for edge-guarding. 6-7%

Forward Smash: Wolf Link leans back and puts all of his weight and strength into his back legs. When released, Wolf Link pounces forward ready to bite anything in his path. Decent knock back. 10-14%

Down Smash: Wolf Link quickly spins around with claws, teeth, and fangs attacking anything in the way.* Decent knock back. 10-12%

Up Smash: Midna moves her hand in an arc above her. As her hand makes the arc, a trail of Twili magic is left behind in the form of an offensive barrier. The barrier does not protect against projectiles, but will harm anyone it comes into contact with. It fades about a second after it’s made. No knock back, stuns opponent and opens for attacking. 10-12%

Aerial A: Wolf Link spins around using his tail as a weapon. Minor knock back. 3-5%

Aerial Forward A: Wolf Link rolls forward while Midna’s hair-hand slaps in a downward arc-path (think DK‘s F-air with Midna‘s hair-hand acting as his fist and Wolf Link acting as his body.) This is a spike. Great (downward) knock back. 10%

Aerial Back A: Midna’s hair-hand swings around and hits behind her. Decent knock back. 6-9%

Aerial Down A: Wolf Link rolls forward slightly and chomps underneath of himself. No knock back. 5-7%

Aerial Up A: Midna swipes both her hands across each other above her head and shoots a small sphere straight up. Little knock back.* 5-7%

Forward Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, rears back, and then smashes the target into the ground in front of Wolf Link. Low knock back. 7-10%

Back Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, smashes them against the ground behind her, then smashes them against the ground in front of Wolf Link, and then finally throws them behind her. Decent (backwards) knock back. 4%, then 4%, then 2%

Up Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, and throws them backwards… catapult style. Good knock back. 2%

Down Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand and smashes them against the ground. Then Wolf Link attacks using his “finish the poe” maneuver.* No knock back. 13%

B: Dark Energy - A 360 degree sphere of Midna‘s magic surrounds Wolf Link. It is a chargeable attack, but cannot be saved. You will also have restricted movement while charging. While it is charging, any enemies that enter the sphere become highlighted to show that they are targeted. Once “B“ is released (or the attack has been held too long) Wolf Link will perform a near-impossible to dodge chain of quick attacks. The only real way to avoid being hit is to get out of Wolf Link‘s jump range. All highlighted targets will be auto-targeted and attacked (unless they avoid it) with increasing damage per target (I.e. target one takes the least damage while target three takes the most.) If there are no targets highlighted, then Wolf Link does his “Down Smash” with increased lag. In the air (and if used correctly,) this attack can become a nice recovery, but it’s very risky because Wolf Link is stunned until he hit’s the ground if no targets are highlighted. Great knock back regardless of damage, best used in close-quarter combat.* 5%, then 10%, then 15%

Up B: Twili Teleport - This is the only move that keeps Wolf Link’s jumping stat from getting a one star. It works identical to Zelda’s, with some slight modifications. Midna turns herself and Wolf Link into the “twilight squares” and teleports in the direction selected. The big difference between the two is the damage. Zelda‘s causes damage while she is casting the spell. Midna‘s would cause damage after the spell is cast and she is moving. Minor damage is given for each “square” that the target is hit with. No knock back.* 1% per square

Down B: Hair Fist - Midna turns her hair into a giant fist. Then both she and Wolf Link rear back to get some extra momentum. They both then come forward and she pounds the ground in front of her. Getting hit with the fist before it hit’s the ground causes some decent knock back and damage. Getting hit with the fist into the ground causes you to take the full damage, but has no knock back (because you’re being flattened into the ground.) The pounding also creates a small shockwave. The closer you are to the center of the shockwave (without being under the fist) the more damage and knock back you take. Of all of their attacks, this one has the worst lag. Very dangerous attack at upper percentages (60+.) Should only be used when you can guarantee a hit. 20%

Forward B: Hair Spear - Remember how Midna…dispatched of Zant? Pretty much all I need to do to sum it up. She launches a spear made out of her hair at the target causing a nice bit of damage. Good knock back.* 10-15%

Super Smash: Fused Shadow Creature - Midna equips the Fused Shadows and uses the giant spear to “impale” one target for massive damage.* 75%

*Walks away whistling "We Are the Champions"*

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
I'm positive Midna could make it to SSBB. But after comparing my position (posts 1st & 2nd) to that of most people, I even find Wolf Link + Midna more logical than Imp Midna alone.

And between Imp Midna and real Midna, I still see real Midna more likely, inheriting moves from Imp Midna if needed (also remember that Sheik was given made-up needles and a whip, so they can do the same with real Midna).

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
As long as we get Midna I'll be happy, alone is good, a Wolf Link is fine too.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Midna in Brawl in her final TP form with not a wolf in sight. Not convinced she would work, how about the possibility of using the Fused Shadows as a final Smash!

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Much as I'd love to see Midna, if we're going to have the triforce characters again I'd be a little worried that Sakurai might just settle on those three for solidarity's sake. But we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed, eh?

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Midna​

Stats​
Height: ***
Weight: **
Speed: ***
Traction: **
Jump height: ***
Jump gravity: ****
Color alterations:
Normal - Black and grey skin, Neon green markings, red hair
Alteration Red - Red and grey skin
Alteration Green - Green and grey skin
Alteration Blue - Blue and grey skin
Alteration Extra - Gold and grey skin

Kirby: Her grey skin and neon greenness

Main attacks:

A attacks:

A: Shove
Description - Pushes with hair hand quickly
Damage- 6%
Knockback- ****
Speed- ***
Range- ***

AA: Whip
Description - Pulls hair back, like a whip.
Damage- 8%
Knockback- *
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Forward tilt: Soft tip
Description - Slaps hair on ground. Ends attack kneeling.
Damage- 6%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Up tilt: Soft flip
Description - Flips hair upward, making it possible to hurt those in front of her.
Damage- 7%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Down tilt: Soft trip
Description - Swings hair as if to trip opponent. Doesn't actually trip them, though.
Damage- 6%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Forward smash: Hard tip
Description - Same as forward tilt, but using a hair fist instead of palm. Like foward tilt, ends attack kneeling down.
Damage- 15%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Up smash: Hard flip
Description - Like foward smash, uses a fist this time instead of palm.
Damage- 18%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Down smash: Hard trip
Description - Just like the other smashs, replace palm with fist.
Damage- 15%
Knockback- ****
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Dash A: Dash flip
Description - Does a summersault, while making hair slap ground in front of her, flips right side up, and lands. Same range as forward tilt, but faster.
Damage- 9%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Aerial:

Nair: Twirl
Description - Twirls hair around her in a 45 degree angle downward, quickly. Does two spins.
Damage- 7%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Fair: Air whip
Description - Uses hair like whip in front of her.
Damage- 9%
Knockback- ****
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Uair: Air flip
Description - Thrusts hair upward, then spins forward to become right side up again.
Damage- 8%
Knockback- *
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Bair: Turn around
Description - Spins around, slapping those behind her with her hair.
Damage- 7%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ****
Range- ***

Dair: Reverse flip
Description - Thrusts hair downward, then spins backward to become right side up again.
Damage- 8%
Knockback- *
Speed- ****
Range- ***

B attacks:

Neutral B: Twilit energy
Description - The energy attack she uses to free wolf link. Like samus's B, except held in each hand. So basically, it's the same attack divided in two. When you press B, one energy bolt is released. You have to press B in succession to release two, because if you hold B, she'll charge up another energy bolt for the same hand, in half the time as before. Releases the first like a pitch, stepping forward, then releases the other in the opposite fashion (Underhand), also with a step forward, ending that with a twirl.

Damage- 5-30% (15% each fully charged)
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- *****

Smash B: Twilit rage
Description - Much of it is like the raptor boost. She zooms foward, same speed and distance. If she misses, she falls to the floor and has the same lag as the raptor boost. If she gets in contact with the enemy, though, it's different. Once it hits, it's more like the raptor dive. She turns into a shadow, jumps to the opponent's head, does a backflip while continuing past the enemy with the speed of before, manifests, stops a foot or so away, and slams the opponent into the ground with her hair. This may be hard to explain if you don't already have some type of picture in your head, but basically, as she's moving away and backflipping, her hair grabs onto the opponent's head, which means it goes under her legs and covers her face. She then lifts up her head, pulling the opponent's head down into the ground. This bounces them on the ground as well for combo possiblities.

Damage- 10%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ****
Range- ****

Up B: Teleportation
Description - Self explanatory. Like mewtwo's except with twilight shards damaging those in her path.

Damage- 6%
Knockback- **
Speed- ****
Range- **

Down B: Energy field multiple strike attack
Description - Midna is slowed to a snails paste as energy emits from both sides of her. It's as long as her hair can reach, on both ends. It takes a second to deploy, and once an enemy comes in range, range being that distance described earlier, surrounding her in every direction, they slow to the same pace for about 5 seconds. They get the same attributes as metal, with lowered speed and reaction time.

Speed: ***

Grabs:​

Grab:
Description - Extends hair with the range of Y.Link's hookshot.
Speed- **
Range- ****

Grab attack: Squeeze
Description - Squeezes enemy with hair hand.
Damage- 3%
Speed- ***

Foward throw: Twirl throw
Description - Twirls around, and throws enemy forward.
Damage- 8%
Speed- **
Range- ****

Up throw: Raise throw
Description - Simply launches opponent up.
Damage- 6%
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Back throw: Toss
Description - Dramatically throws enemy backward, like in the battle with the final boss's second form. Same sound effect as well. Her strongest throw.
Damage- 8%
Speed- **
Range- *****

Down throw: Slam
Description - Prepares to throw opponent like up throw, but quickly slams them back to the ground.
Damage- 7%
Speed- **
Range- *

Final Smash: Fused shadow form​
Description - Uses fused spirit form. Grabs spear, then grabs opponent with another hand. Launches them up, then slams them down with spear.

Misc.

Knockdown recovery attack: Knockdown Attack
Description - Spins around, doing a low attack with hair.
Damage- 4%
Knockback- **
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Under 100% Edge recovery attack: Recovery
Description - Shoots hair forward like spikes while coming back on stage.
Damage- 5%
Knockback- ***
Speed- ***
Range- ***

Over 100% Edge recovery attack: Injured recovery
Description - Gets on stage, then twirls, doing a low attack with hair.
Damage- 4%
Knockback- *
Speed- *
Range- **

Stance: Similar to peaches. Just stands there.
Idle animation: Throws arms back, and yawns.
Dash animation: Floats, same as in game.
Crouch: kneels down, with hands touching ground, but only slightly in front of her.
Block: Crosses arms to cover face.
Roll: Frontflips with hair helping. Hair turns her around midflip.
Backstep: Backflips with hair helping.
Sidestep: Turns into a translucent shadow.
Airdodge: Turns into a translucent shadow.
Jump: Same as Ness
Backwards jump: Same as Ness
Double jump: Same as Mario
Backwards double jump: Same as Link
Taunt: Sits in midair and does her trademark laugh.
Victory 1: Let's hair flow in front of her shoulder, then caresses it. Has a worried look.
Victory 2: Yawns like she does on wolf link, and puts hands behind shoulders. Smiles like tetra, with one eye closed.
Victory 3: Snaps her fingers, which causes a little energy ala twilight bolt to be seen. Looks away from hand and has a look of disinterest.
Star KO: Same as Sheik
Loss: Clap, speed of peach. Expression of slight discontent on face.

Special attributes​

Like link, able to grab side of stage with grab.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Aside from the Down + B, it's not a bad moveset.

Something that might make a lot more sense is that she uses a piece of the Twilight Mirror to act like a...well...portal. Let me explain:

She pulls out a mirror shard (think Peach's Toad.) If something were to hit it, instead of reflecting it back, it would disappear and then reapper on the other side of Midna. It would act as if nothing had been in the way to stop it. The same concept would apply to other characters. Captain Falcon uses his Falcon Kick, but Midna pulls out her mirror. Falcon hits the mirror and goes "through" Midna to the other side where the kick animations continue as if nothing was there.

I'm also on the fence about the Smash B.

Also, I'm thinking that she would be shorter than you're indicating. She is about Ness' height.

And her traction is too high. She is floating after all.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
She pulls out a mirror shard (think Peach's Toad.) If something were to hit it, instead of reflecting it back, it would disappear and then reapper on the other side of Midna. It would act as if nothing had been in the way to stop it. The same concept would apply to other characters. Captain Falcon uses his Falcon Kick, but Midna pulls out her mirror. Falcon hits the mirror and goes "through" Midna to the other side where the kick animations continue as if nothing was there.
If we're talkin' about it simply...covering the same distance as if she didn't exist, (just popping out of existence for a second,) well...you might as well just be dodging. But if, say, it actually grabbed them and popped them out on the other side of her, adding that space to their move/flight distance, that could be awesome. Like it 'skipped' her space. You could stand on edges and bait people into attacking you with dash attacks or something, and then just 'pop' them right off the edge.

melee_man

Smash Cadet
or that could BE her sidestep dodge...meh whatever.

check out my list (I posted this... well who knows how earlier)

Midna (solo Imp) Full moveset

-------------- * means reference to TP ----------

On-Ground A:

A: A punch, hit three times makes punch punch kick.

<>A: A flying kick where she quickly jumps
horizontally a few feet and kicks once

^ A: an uppercut or backfist punch upwards.

V A: Quickly gets on her side and does a low kick
in the direction she faces

s<>A: * Smash that charges up the longer you hold it,
and sends her hair in the direction she faces
(spoilers: like when she destroys Zant)

s^ A: Smash attack where she backflips with a midair kick

sV A: Smash that is similar to her "V A" but spins in a
circle tripping enemies on both sides of her

-----------

Midair A:

A: Similar to the regular A, but only 1 hit, and stronger.

<>A: Similar to the regular <>A attack,
but doesnt move in either direction as much

^ A: Similar to the regular S^ A attack,
but no charging and less damage.

V A: Very similar to Jigglypuff's Midair Down A, it
Spins and spikes/meteor smashes enemies.

-----------
B-Attacks:

B: * Charge an energy field, all who are in it get hit
by her hair. (similar to the TP charge B, but without link)

<>B: * A semi-strong magic move that sends an enemy flying if smashed
1: Face the enemy (be very close, melee attack range)
2: Press <>B, 3: The enemy gets shot off like a rocket in
the direction that midna faces. (This move is a take on how
Midna broke link's chain in the beginning. The animation would
be very similar too!)
If this move is smashed it is stronger than just regular <>B

^ B: * This one is special, ill talk about it later.

V B: * This will hit all nearby enemies with shadow magic. Its a quick move.
But while carrying an item, will also 'Store' the item with twilight magic.
Press V B a second time will also return the item. If carrying an item, it
will only switch out the items. (But nomatter what it will always hit the foes
with shadow magic)
(Similar to when link first gets the sword and shield, and midna puts them away)

------------
Throws:

Grab: * grabs an enemy with her hair (has range a little short of hookshot)
(Similar to when midna takes link into the twilight realm)

A-button: slaps the enemy.

Direction Facing: tosses enemy in the direction she faces.

Direction opposite: Tosses foe in opposite direction
(farther than direction facing)

Down: Throws enemy into the ground. If facing off right at a
ledge, will shoot them downward.

UP: * Midna enters the foe's shadow, and rockets up below them,
launching the enemy into the sky (if they have enough damage)
(Similar to when midna hides in link's shadow, duh!)

---------------
Dodges:

*: Every dodge is a reference to when midna splits apart and
reforms on the other side of the bars in wolf links's chamber/prison cell

Shield: just a regular old sheild, like everyone else
(what, did you expect a hairball or something?)

sidestep: Midna splits apart and reforms in the same place.

Roll dodge: same as above but moves left or right.

midair: same as sidestep but in a direction if pushed.

------------------

Other actions:

Midair Z: reaches out with hair, and may grab onto a ledge or wall.
(this acts like the hookshot link has)

Final smash: * SPOILERS: This is the fused shadow attack you see at
the end of the game.

the up B move: *

This is an interesting little piece. It actually has TWO
(maybe even three?) moves.

1st function: WHile on solid ground, midna will point up and
create a green portal.
whenever she feels need, she can press up B again and
turn into those little squares we all know and
warp there. Very usefull when about to die.

2nd function: Without a portal, when in midair, she will once
again turn into the little squares, but move a certain distance
and reappear in the direction that was tilted by the control stick.

The thing about the green portal, it is very fragile and destructible.
with a couple of simple hits its gone. It also leaves once Midna warps to it.
Its indestructible when Midna is already warping to it, otherwise, the game
might glitch... might.

* All of the above is reference to midna's ability to warp in TP

Taunt: * Midna simply faces the camera, and puts her fist near her mouth
and simply laughs her signature laugh.
(similar to where you first meed zelda...)

jumps: * Well... just like she jumped while exiting hyrule castle the first time

---------------

ok whatcha think.

I DID post this quite earlier though (like before the 40's pages I think )

and whats this "backstep dodge?" the roll dodge backwardS?

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
If we're talkin' about it simply...covering the same distance as if she didn't exist, (just popping out of existence for a second,) well...you might as well just be dodging. But if, say, it actually grabbed them and popped them out on the other side of her, adding that space to their move/flight distance, that could be awesome. Like it 'skipped' her space. You could stand on edges and bait people into attacking you with dash attacks or something, and then just 'pop' them right off the edge.
Exactly what I meant... I just couldn't think of a way to explain it thouroughly.

Sandy

Smash Champion
In my opinion, one of the coolest characters Nintendo has spawned in a long while, Midna is adorable but undeniably badass at the same time. With some creative juices, she could be an awesome contender in Brawl. And I don’t mean to spoil anything if you haven’t played Twilight Princess yet, but she could use her alternate form, too, if they deemed it so. She could use some crazy attacks that really bring some creativity into the proceedings.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Agreed. I would REALLY like to see Midna on the playable roster. Midna for Brawl! =)

Solid_Snake_225

Smash Rookie
I see Minda being more of an assist trophy item. I think though if you get here Link in Wolf form will come out and help you. The Minda can do her beastly attack I think that would be pretty cool.

Joner

Smash Cadet
Wolf Link & Midna.
A-moves (On the ground)
Neutral A: Wolf Link uses his paws to attack his enemies. If pushed multiple times, he would first hit wit his paws twice and then bite his enemies. Very Low damage, fast speed.
Tilt-A: Wolf Link claws his enemy. Low Damage, fast speed.
Down-A: Wolf Link would do a low swipe with his tail, damaging enemies in front of him. Low-moderate damage, moderate speed.
Up-A: Midna uses her arm/hair/thingy to swipe at any enemies above. Works scimilar to Link's Up-A but doesn't hit enemies behind as good, and doesn't knock as far, but has less lag after the swipe.

Smash-attacks:
Side: Wolf Link jumps at his enemies and bites them. Overall, the move is similiar to Jigglypuff's Side Smash-attack, save for the animation.
Down: Wolf Link would do his Wolf-form "spin attack" from Twilight Princess. For those of you who have not played TP (shame on you!), it works kind of like Peach's Down Smash, lasts shorter and has shorter range but hits enemies with a hitbox that is way taller than Peach's.
Up: Midna would use her dark powers to create some sort of explotion above her head, similar to Zelda's aerial up A, but with less lag before it hits and enemies would fly further.

Aerials:
A: Midna would create a dark field around Wolf Link and herself, working like Zelda's Aerial neutral A.
Down A: Wolf Link would do a midair roll, giving extra power to the downward swipe following, meteor smashing opponents.
Up A: Midna would swipe her hair like in her Up-A ground attack, but with less power and more speed.

B-Attacks:
B: Counters melee-attacks and dodges projectiles, this acts like an improved sidestep dodge, but has longer lag if no attack was countered.
Down-B: On the ground, Wolf Link jumps forward with a howl and does damage in a small area around him when he lands. Any enemies hit by him in air will be damaged by his fangs.
Up-B: Midna flies ahead using her powers, and Wolf Link jumps after, as seen in Zelda TP. Range is almost the same as Zelda's and wait time before the jump would be around half of Fox's Up-B, making it dangerous to wait to long to use.
Side-B: Wolf Link would jump at his enemies face, grabbing them somewhat like Bowser's side-B and biting them up to three times.

His grab would be midna using her magic to grab an opponent, normal grab range.
Throws:
Back: Wolf Link uses his teeth to throw his opponent backwards. Medium damage and knockback.
Down: Wolf Link pounds his enemy with his front paws quickly. Similar to Kirby's downthrow but with fewer, more damaging attacks.
Front: Midna throws her enemy forward with the same dark magic powers she used to grab them in the first place. Low damage, but combos into Wolf Link's Side-B.
Up: Midna uses her magic to teleport the enemy above them and blasts them with dark magic.

Wolf Link & Midna would have a normal shield.
The taunt would be Midna's laughter if facing right and if facing left, Wolf Link would howl. Pichu had different taunts depending on wich side he/she/it was facing.

Wolf Link would have a quick run but would lose more than a normal ammount of his speed when double-jumping, partly to balance out the long range of his up-b.
His tilt attacks would be moderate-fast in speed, but many of his smash attacks would be quite slow and pack a lot of punch.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I drew up some Mida/Wolf movements, and move for brawl, but I've never played TP so I'd like someone to describe to me possible moves or suggest a video(either that or ill just make some more up)
----Random Doodles----

A recovery move were Wolf spirals in a flurry of claws, fang, and Midna hair blade

A bunch of little moves (I suck at drawing animals and these are just quick doodles)
----End Doodles----

----Counter Anti Wolf people-----
Anti: this character is to big.
Me: Imagine fighting a ****** riding a dog, Its not that big. (funny to picture... do it)

Anti: There would be glitches and/or a new control scheme.
Me: You have no idea how game designing works, your an idiot.

Anti: To random or to new.
Me: Zamus and Zamus.

Anti: How would it fight?
Me: watch or play Okami, Magic plus... Its a Wolf... use your imagination if you have one.

-------------------
True, this isn't a character I'm exactly raving for but I think we will see at least one more character thats odd like Zamus.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Ferro, I totally agree about the Down B. Even when I was making it, I was against transformations. But what I was thinking was the concept they had with Zelda. Two parts for one character. But I've tweaked the damage percentages enough so that I don't think she would be underpowered without a counterpart.

For the Forward B, all I had in mind was to give her a fast, combo starting attack. That, and I was definitely influenced by Millia Rage. I wouldn't have made Midna so hair oriented if I never saw how good Millia uses hers.

About the size and traction, I did mean for her to be Ness's size, but Astericks aren't too good at describing that, I suppose. Traction I made high because she's so lightweight. But you're right, I should factor in floating just a tad more, and make it less.

Any other suggestions?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Go Midna!!!

Yes for Midna!! I was goanna make my own thread for her, good thing I checked here first!! Midna + Wolf Link=NO-NO. The mobility they would have would be like zero for a 2-D game, and it'd look wierder than hell. Midan would be more formidable alone, she doesn't need wolf Link paco to taxi her around, she can handle herself!!

GO MIDNA!!

p.s. (offtopic) In TP, I'm at snowpoint ruins where you fight the mini boss knight who has the ball and chain--that SUCKS!!! Any tips?? I've only tried once, but still...lol

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
I just finished Twilight Princess the other day and it's still extremely fresh in my mind. I'm not going to spoil anything, so all I'm going to say is that Midna would be an amazing character to have in Brawl, by herself mostly.

Midna for Brawl!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I wish I can go in-depth with the moveset Im about to post but Ill try and do that later...

I completely support Midna for Brawl...but only if its in her Imp form and if she isnt riding Wolf Link...if she is in her Twili form then I guess that would be ok...but I dont want a Zelda clone or even a Luigified Zelda version...

Midna:
Costumes:
Red = a blood reddish tone to her body and her markings are red with a darker shade of orange hair
Blue = when she was dying in TP, brown with blue hair
Green = body has a greenish tone and she has neon green markings and her hair is a bright green
Black = default...

B = Energy Field : she raises her hair arm in the air and an energy field like in TP appears and anybody who gets caught in it gets zapped...this has little knockback until the opponent is in the 100's...

^B = Warp : same as how she warps in TP...similar to Zelda's Farore's Wind in range

<B> = Twilit Thrust : the same move she used to kill Zant. Her hair turns into some tenticles and she thrusts them into the direction she is facing...smashing it gives it more range but less power

vB = Twili Magic : a chargable projectile attack that resembles the move she did to free Link from he prison...when its done charging, you will release it...

Final Smash = Fused Shadow: she uses the Fused Shadows to transform into that spider thing she turned into in TP...like Giga Bowser this form is playable(more of this later on)

Taunt = she goes into a curled up sitting position and has her hand over her mouth doing her little giggle...

Victory Pose 1 = same as taunt
Victory Pose 2 = giggles as she warps away
Victory Pose 3 = is floating in the air sitting down with a leg on top of the other with her arms crossed and grinning
Losing Pose = is curled up, pouting

A = she thrusts her hand forward doing some magical damage like Zelda but doesnt do more than one hit...more like Ganondorf's jab
Dash A = like Ness'
Ftilt = she swipes with her hand causing magical damage...this attack does more than one hit though...
Utilt = overhead slap with her hair
Dtilit = a quick magical kick
Fsmash = slams forward with the palm of her hair doing magical damage
Usmash = she stabs her hair upwards, works alot like Peach's Up Smash...
Dsmash = she spins around on her bottom doing magical damage
Nair = she twirls around much like Zelda and Peach, except she uses her hair...
Uair = she scratches upwards with her hair
Fair = she drill kicks forward
Dair = kinda like Zelda's Lightning Kick...but downwards
Bair = she punches backwards...high knockback
Grab = she grabs you with her hair
Grab Attack = she electricutes you
Forward Throw = she catapults you forwards
Up Throw = she sends you straight up
Back Throw = she slams you on the ground backwards
Down Throw = like DK's Down Throw but she electricutes you when you make contact with the ground...

---Fused Shadow Moves---

you can only jump once but you jump high enough and all of your attacks involve spear thrusts...

all directional B attacks work the same as your smashes....so yea...kinda like the C-stick....yea...the neutral B attack is a Fsmash....

A = a light jab with the spear
Fsmash = you thrust forward
Usmash = you thrust upwards
Dsmash = you get two spears and thrust them downwards on both sides

sorry if its not detailed but this is a rough look on how I think Midna should be...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

Midna has an extended grapple range with the red hand that comes out of her head*

Neutral B: Midna charges a small dark magical spec directly in front of her finger. As it charges, it gains more sparkles, but does no gain size. It’s charging mechanics are basically the same as Samus’s and DK’s neutral B attacks. If she fires the attack without charge, it will just be a small projectile the size of a shiny spec, with little damage and small knock back. When released with more charge though, it’s width only increases a bit, but it’s length increases more than anything. At its full charge, it is slightly larger than a fireball in width, but about as long as two and a half missiles. It does decent damage, and good knock back as well, when fully charged.

Forward B: Midna uses the large hand like thing on her head to turn into a flawed hand, lunge forward into the ground, and then dash her directly forward. The attack goes about as far as a Falcon Kick, but works with two strikes. If the opponent is hit by the first, they will get hit by the second, as they are pinned down by the hand. The second strike can hit without the first connecting as well. If the attack is done to close to an edge though, Midna can be thrown straight off. As a clerical note, Midna phases through her hand as she gets pulled forward.

Up B: Midna starts to dissolve into Twili pixels, and these float ahead and then reform. The attack is like a slow teleport, but the direction of the pixels can be controlled somewhat. When Midna reforms, she has a bit of lag, as she spins in place, so be careful. Another thing to note, if Midna forms into an opponent, it works like Jigglypuff’s rest move, but for both Midna and the opponent, so it’s not advised.

Down B: Midna melts into the ground, and then appears in the opponent’s shadow. After a long second, she will violently rise out of it, with a slash of magical energy. The opponent can move away from the attack during this second, so only use it when they least expect it. If there are multiple opponents, Midna will appear randomly under an opponent. The move will work if the opponent is in air, but not if there is no shadow, so if they are trying to recover, then it will be ineffective.

Final Smash: Midna uses the Fused Shadows to turn herself into a giant squid-like monster with a spear. The player can float around the stage freely in this mode, and by pressing A, she swipes her tentacles to the side, and when the opponent presses B, she slams her spear directly down. The mode lasts only for a brief second, and Midna is invincible, much like Giga Bowser. The attacks are a bit slow, but both A and B can be used at the exact same time. (A being faster than B, as B needs windup before the stab)

Bandit Bros.

Smash Rookie
I don't think her Twili form will have a great moveset. Her Twli form was only revealed for about 3 minutes...

Now her imp form can be ok and better. But hey, all C. Falcon did was run over the speed limit and ran over citizens. Look at his moveset!

sheik fanatic

Smash Rookie
i think midna will be an assist trophie because that seems like his thing:lick:(i've always wanted to put that smilie in i don't care if it is out of context)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've been reading this topic for awhile now...

Midna has extraordinary potential, with or without Link.

Top Bottom