• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

626key

Smash Journeyman
Midna for Brawl!

She's really the only logical Zelda character left. Vaati is plausible if WW Link is in, to represent the more " toon" side to the Zelda adventures, but I'd much prefer Midna over Vaati.
I think your forgeting the main zelda bad guy, do I really need to say it Ganandorf

susu_atari

Smash Ace
If you count Sheik as a seperate character, then Zelda so far has 4 characters (Ganondorf is assumed). In Melee, there were 5 (Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link) and I can't really see Brawl giving the games more rep. than that.

Basically, as much as I'd like to see Midna playable, it's probably Midna OR WW Link, and I think WW Link is a more deserving character.

EDIT: If you don't count Sheik as seperate, though, then Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Midna and WW Link is more than plausible, I suppose.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Is there a big difference between twilight princess link and wind waker link?
Graphically and time-wise, they are different, but even for that much, it might not cut for him to be in Brawl since they are originally "Link," but if Midna makes it in (or before him), then I don't mind WW Link being it in.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I was reading the Sheik update, and noticed that Sakurai said he included Shiek even though she didn't appear on Twilight Princess... It makes me think Sakurai wants to base most Zelda things from the most recent game, so why not include the Twilight Princess herself!!! Imagine seeing all those models based on TP and not seeing the Twilight Princess playable...

She really needs to get in, and at this point I don't really care if it's riding Wolf Link, though I'd much rather have her imp form and a special move to transform into her true form (ala Zelda-Sheik).

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I still support her whole heartedly but I just can't see her happening at this stage :(

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I think your forgeting the main zelda bad guy, do I really need to say it Ganandorf
Ganondorf's a given. He needs no mentioning. Brawl without Ganondorf would spawn the apocalypse.
Anyone who doubts Ganondorf is a moron.

I don't see why Midna can't get in. With Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganon, WW Link. There we have the Melee roster. Is the Zelda reps really going to be kept at that? I don't think so. I think they'll get at least 1 more rep. It could be either Midna or Vaati, but I'm rooting for Midna.

:034:

Smash Hero
^ Why won't they get five? :/ They already have five (Sheik counts) reps in Melee and it's likely they'll add another one.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Not really. Zelda already has 3 reps (4 if you include Shiek). Zela wont get 5 (6 if you include Shiek) reps.
I see no reason why they wouldn't get one more rep than they had in Melee.

Even if Sakurai decides to put more emphasis on inserting more new franchises, one new character hardly seems impossible... plus, he seems to be willing to rep franchises with nothing more than stages and items.

Midna still has good chances, and honestly, I'd welcome her as a worthy compensation in the unlikely case that WW Link does not make it in.
Is there a Midna club, because if so, I'd like to solemnly propose an alliance!
Just for the heck of it. :p

:034:

Smash Hero
Is there a Midna club, because if so, I'd like to solemnly propose an alliance!
Just for the heck of it. :p
I'd join that.

Also, Lego has the best facepalm pic ever (even though it stretches the page). I'll be stealing that now. *does so*

Grod

Smash Apprentice
There really isn't a limit to the characters that could be in brawl, even from one game. Just cause Zelda has a lot of reps doesn't necessarily mean it can't have more, and one character doesn't have to replace another (WW link does not cancel Midna). Midna could definitely be in.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
motsalogeL, not only you provided a good facepalm, but you stretched the page on a quote that was FREAKIN 1 1/2 YEARS AGO! At times like this, we need the OP to come here and edit his info.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I think that there should be a Midna club thing.
It might be a little late for it, seeing as we'll find out everything by next Thursday.
I don't see what the problem with it is though.

I say we do it. :] (If it hasn't been done yet)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
*sighs* Just a few more days till the roster maybe spoiled. The tension in my bones are rising.

Ryan Colby

Smash Cadet
I think this is a really good poll but they should have Midna by her self and thats what I voted for though the wolf should still be in it so you can put udt like Zelda and shiek Link transforming into the wolf or if thats killing his origional character to much you can have him do a side B mve or something that he does a quick transform and does like a bite or slash and then transform back into Link though I think they already have his movest down and confirmed I don't remember.

Yitik

Smash Cadet
Wolf Link = no because 1) There's already a Link. Let's be original here. 2) One character would overshadow the other. It's a given. 3) I just...don't like the idea of playing two characters at once. Plus playing something large and quadrupedal would be awkward. Seems to me Brawl already has enough awkwardness.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I would love for the Fused Shadow monster to be her Final Smash, and to throw its arms out and pick up every character on the screen and throw them off.

3 KO'S AT ONCE!

Too bad It's L33TLY over-powered..

meh.

QuJee

Smash Rookie
Well, first of all, hi^^

"Wolf Link = no because 1) There's already a Link. Let's be original here. 2) One character would overshadow the other. It's a given. 3) I just...don't like the idea of playing two characters at once. Plus playing something large and quadrupedal would be awkward. Seems to me Brawl already has enough awkwardness."

1) well... isnt Wolf link an original too? than there will may be a WW link, but that is o.k. right?
2) than you need to be againts the WW link :chuckle:
3) thats your personal thoughts, fine with that^^ I like the idea of having 2 in 1, i also like the Ice Climbers, because they can kick *** when you know how to play them well^^

"Well, no Wolf Link more for the reason that WW Link's already going to be in."

thats a great reason.
Than how about that, We allready have Fox, so we dont need Falco. We allready have Diddy Kong, so why Bowser jr.? We have allready 1 stage , so why do we even toture ourselfes with alot others?
i know, i OVER ACTED a bit.
We dont now if she and he will be there, so those "stupid" reasons can go straigh to hell :p
Zelda is one of the Big Names Nintedo have, so why not 5 characters(im not counting shiek :p)?
Also the chance that Wolf+midna will be there arent that low, since Midna is pretty famous and up-to-date.

We dont know, in fact, we know nothing about Midna+wolf WILL be there or WONt be there.
With other words: Stop acting like you know how its end :p

(PS: Im from Germany, so the English can be pretty bad^^)

Luthien

Smash Ace
should be midna riding on wolf link, greater potential moveset
Sad, but true... in a way. What did you mean by "greater"? "Better" (as in cooler), or "Pre-written" (we know what the moves would be)? My reply depends on what you meant. For the first, that's personal preference; I'd rather see an imp bludgeon Dedede to death with a giant hammer, but meh. For the second, that's a true fact.

Midna's never hit anyone, outside of using the Fused Shadows (which I'm assuming would be reserved for her Final Smash). I think it'd still be cool to see what they could do with her, though (I'm talking about imp form, not true form). How much damage could Midna inflict by attack her opponent's knees? Only time can tell. True form would be awesome too.

S2

Smash Lord
Having her without the wolf really makes no sense.

In Smash, Sakurai tries to make the character movesets reflect their actual in-game abilities. While there are a few exceptions (obviously Falcon's moveset is just made up, same with Fox, etc), this is the case for most of the cast.

Since Midna essentially is only found fighting on Wolf Link, why bother with her if she's not riding him?

Top Bottom