• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Yeah she's relevant like Mewtwo (and he was planned to be playable Brawl), whom got a big appearance in the X and Y games. Dixie also has a major new game to go with her, it's probably why I'm so confident in Dixie being playable.
I'm also confident that she's getting in, but I think she will be DLC. At this point, I'm banking on the 47 character roster for the initial game. To me, that seems to be the safest bet.
Relevancy doesn't matter considering how the Kremlings are in Smash Run. Plus Tropical Freeze probably came too late to help Dixie, not that it matters since relevancy doesn't matter much anyway. Dixie is a central character to the DK franchise. That's all we need really.
Exactly. Even if we throw relevancy out the window, Dixie is still a major character in the DK franchise. She starred in her own game, and she was playable in several games throughout the GBA, Gamecube, DS, and Wii era. Aside from DK64 and MK Wii, she's been the third most important Kong since her debut.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm also confident that she's getting in, but I think she will be DLC. At this point, I'm banking on the 47 character roster for the initial game. To me, that seems to be the safest bet.

Exactly. Even if we throw relevancy out the window, Dixie is still a major character in the DK franchise. She starred in her own game, and she was playable in several games throughout the GBA, Gamecube, DS, and Wii era. Aside from DK64 and MK Wii, she's been the third most important Kong since her debut.
I'm not banking on 47, I think Ridley is playable and I also think K. Rool will be in before Dixie (at this point, before the Kremlings in Smash Run I'd have said Dixie before K. Rool all the way)... but Dixie is still be best choice for DLC and DK deserves four reps.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm not banking on 47, I think Ridley is playable and I also think K. Rool will be in before Dixie (at this point, before the Kremlings in Smash Run I'd have said Dixie before K. Rool all the way)... but Dixie is still be best choice for DLC and DK deserves four reps.
I totally forgot that 47 characters would leave no room for Ridley and K. Rool. I'm pretty sure they're in as well, with the Kremlings/Kremling Mini Boss in Smash Run, and the circumstances surrounding Ridley. Either way, I agree. Dixie DLC seems pretty likely to me, and DK deserves four reps.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Relevancy doesn't matter considering how the Kremlings are in Smash Run. Plus Tropical Freeze probably came too late to help Dixie, not that it matters since relevancy doesn't matter much anyway. Dixie is a central character to the DK franchise. That's all we need really.
I still think Sakurai could have known Dxie was in Tropical Freeze if he had known of Greninja in X and Y, especially since TF was planned to be launched in November, less than a month after X and Y.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I totally forgot that 47 characters would leave no room for Ridley and K. Rool. I'm pretty sure they're in as well, with the Kremlings/Kremling Mini Boss in Smash Run, and the circumstances surrounding Ridley. Either way, I agree. Dixie DLC seems pretty likely to me, and DK deserves four reps.
Ideally I'd think that Dixie Kong would be the best pick for the first DK Assist Trophy, yet we've only heard of Chunky Kong (well, its UNCONFIRMED but its mostlikely true at this point). Unless, of course, Dixie Kong was considered as playable. So yeah, I'm kuite konfident.

I still think Sakurai could have known Dxie was in Tropical Freeze if he had known of Greninja in X and Y, especially since TF was planned to be launched in November, less than a month after X and Y.
True, that's probably the case.

Sakurai could have planned a DK newcomer in his planning roster just like how he saved it up for a Pokemon newcomer.
A DK newcomer is a whole different ballgame than adding a Pokemon from the newest game, though. The fact is that the prospective DK newcomers are far, far more relevent since they've appeared in numerous games. Adding a new Pokemon rep from a brand new game is to promote specifically that game. Dixie and K. Rool would promote Donkey Kong in general. So the circumstances are definitely quite different here.

EDIT: Just to clarify, people keep using relevancy as an argument, but I think people are failing to realize that characters who are extremely important to a series are ALWAYS relevant. "Recency" is the correct term to use; that means a character hasn't appeared more recently, which is the case with K. Rool. But he's still very much relevant due to being the central antagonist of the DK series.

Same thing if you throw out Tropical Freeze for Dixie Kong, though Sakurai could've been aware TF was in development when he first created the roster. Its iffy though because we don't know when development on TF first started.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Ideally I'd think that Dixie Kong would be the best pick for the first DK Assist Trophy, yet we've only heard of Chunky Kong (well, its UNCONFIRMED but its mostlikely true at this point). Unless, of course, Dixie Kong was considered as playable. So yeah, I'm kuite konfident.
Not to mention, as I've said earlier in this thread, Dixie as an AT would be kind of redundant. Midna already has the prehensile hair gimmick, so I don't see what Dixie could do differently as an AT.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not to mention, as I've said earlier in this thread, Dixie as an AT would be kind of redundant. Midna already has the prehensile hair gimmick, so I don't see what Dixie could do differently as an AT.
Dixie Kong wouldn't work all too well as an AT, totally agreed. She'd be very great with her hair as a moveset, though, and would only really be a semiclone to Diddy for some of her moves working similar to Diddy and her similar build, but otherwise she'd be original (and K. Rool would be entirely original :p).

I'm starting to think it'd be cool if DK got a new item: Animal Buddy Crate! I mean, there's far less Animal Buddies than Pokemon/AT's, they could just create an item to represent DK very well in this. Other DK items I'd like to see are Steel Kegs, Tires, and Cannonballs (technically Cannonballs can apply to a lot of things, though, obviously). The only Animal Buddy I WOULDN'T want to see in the crate is Rambi, he should instead be Dixie's Final Smash. ^^

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey all you Dixie Supporters!

Due to my administrator/moderator duties plus RL obligations, I am unable to put my 100% effort in keeping this support thread going, as you can tell from my complete absence on the thread unless someone tags me. For that, I apologize.

I would like to present to you the new thread owner: @ SethTheMage SethTheMage !

He will be in charge of this thread and hopefully it will become more active and productive than before and grow with new members.

Let's warmly welcome SeththeMage!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Put me on the supporters list.

DKC3 was the first DKC3 game I played through, and I almost always used Dixie throughout DKC2 even though Diddy was just a good.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Hey all you Dixie Supporters!

Due to my administrator/moderator duties plus RL obligations, I am to put an 100% effort in keeping this support thread going, as you can tell from my complete absence.

I would like to present to you the new thread owner: @ SethTheMage SethTheMage !

He will be in charge of this thread and hopefully it becomes more active and productive then before.
Okay then. This thread has been a bit quiet lately. I know @ SethTheMage SethTheMage will be able to improve this thread.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'll do my best to keep up with the supporter list. Let's keep on showing our support for Dixie!

I've got to be somewhere for a while, but I'll have the OP updated with supporters soon.

EDIT: Supporters added. If I missed you, please speak up by posting in the thread or PM'ing me. As far as the main structure of the OP, I'm keeping what Venus set up, but I'm going see what I can add to it.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder if Midna being an Assist Trophy that fights with her prehensile hair is a good thing for Dixie Kong.

Also, we know that Villagers, Miis, and even Pac-Man were considered for Brawl and they are now in SSB4... and Dixie Kong was planned to be in Brawl... maybe it is a good thing for Dixie too.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Midna being an Assist Trophy that fights with her prehensile hair is a good thing for Dixie Kong.

Also, we know that Villagers, Miis, and even Pac-Man were considered for Brawl and they are now in SSB4... and Dixie Kong was planned to be in Brawl... maybe it is a good thing for Dixie too.
I actually ddn't think of that. Good find! Though we have to remember that she was originally planned to be a tag team with Diddy but the devs couldn't get it to work so in the end they had to scrap her. Whether it was because they couldn't see how she would be an interesting character or time constraints we have to remember that if the situation was the former then why was Villager brought back when Sakurai deemed him "not suited for battle"? It's because he found a way to make him unique.

"If I have an image of a character in my mind that dances around and jibes with what I want, then that’s the most important thing. On the other hand, even if you have a character suited for a fighting game, if you can’t make him stick out from the pack and extract something unique from him, then what can you do?"

If Sakurai found a way to make Villager unique I doubt he couldn't find a way for Dixie. She has enough going for her. Her hair alone seems enough for me to find her unique as it could be used many ways. Recovery, grabs, slams are a few and that doesn't include things like her bubblegum or guitar. Of course she doesn't compare to K Rool in moveset potential but who can really.

But I'm getting off topic, where were we? Oh yes, Sakurai revisits old ideas. I definitely agree with this statement. While yes, he certainly doesn't revisit everything (who honestly expects Tetra or Plusle & Minun) he does revisit thibgs a lot. Outside from Villager, Mewtwo has been planned for every Smash game yet (and I do believe he is back as well), DeDeDe and Lucas in Melee. Sure it's not much but I think it's enough.

As for how it helps Dixie, it helps her tremendously in my opinion. If it wasn't for this I'd think K Rool and Dixie would be on pretty equal playing field for who gets to be playable first (This doesn't mean that we won't get more DK characters, I just mean which will be getting in first). We've already established how she could be unique so that doesn't stop Dixie and with the recent DKC Tropical Freeze which featured her as playable (maybe it's a bit late but if Greninja could get in if X and Y came out a month before Tropical Freeze's release then I still see it probable he knew of Dixie in the game).

Phew, well that's done. What do you think? Agree? Disagree?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I remember that people said that Dixie Kong isn't getting in because she wasn't announced to be Diddy Kong's tag team partner in February... instead we got Little Mac and Diddy Kong... but the only reason Dixie wasn't announced is because Sakurai removed transformations. Diddy and Dixie would have switched places via Down+B but now it doesn't seem to be the case... so if Sakurai wanted to, Dixie could work as a solo character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I actually ddn't think of that. Good find! Though we have to remember that she was originally planned to be a tag team with Diddy but the devs couldn't get it to work so in the end they had to scrap her. Whether it was because they couldn't see how she would be an interesting character or time constraints we have to remember that if the situation was the former then why was Villager brought back when Sakurai deemed him "not suited for battle"? It's because he found a way to make him unique.

"If I have an image of a character in my mind that dances around and jibes with what I want, then that’s the most important thing. On the other hand, even if you have a character suited for a fighting game, if you can’t make him stick out from the pack and extract something unique from him, then what can you do?"

If Sakurai found a way to make Villager unique I doubt he couldn't find a way for Dixie. She has enough going for her. Her hair alone seems enough for me to find her unique as it could be used many ways. Recovery, grabs, slams are a few and that doesn't include things like her bubblegum or guitar. Of course she doesn't compare to K Rool in moveset potential but who can really.

But I'm getting off topic, where were we? Oh yes, Sakurai revisits old ideas. I definitely agree with this statement. While yes, he certainly doesn't revisit everything (who honestly expects Tetra or Plusle & Minun) he does revisit thibgs a lot. Outside from Villager, Mewtwo has been planned for every Smash game yet (and I do believe he is back as well), DeDeDe and Lucas in Melee. Sure it's not much but I think it's enough.

As for how it helps Dixie, it helps her tremendously in my opinion. If it wasn't for this I'd think K Rool and Dixie would be on pretty equal playing field for who gets to be playable first (This doesn't mean that we won't get more DK characters, I just mean which will be getting in first). We've already established how she could be unique so that doesn't stop Dixie and with the recent DKC Tropical Freeze which featured her as playable (maybe it's a bit late but if Greninja could get in if X and Y came out a month before Tropical Freeze's release then I still see it probable he knew of Dixie in the game).

Phew, well that's done. What do you think? Agree? Disagree?
Personally I do think K. Rool would end up as playable first, but this COULD in theory help Dixie... However, I don't think it means anything. You have to take into consideration this: Midna was probably NEVER considered for playable status because she only appeared in one Zelda game and doesn't do much for the series as a whole. Not being playable because they already planned the hair gimmick with another character? No, probably not the case. They might've planned the hair gimmick for Dixie, but I don't think that has anything to do with Midna and I don't think Midna being an AT "helps" Dixie at all.

That said Dixie would be great on her own, and hey, she's one of Nintendo's earliest video game heroines, so she'd be a good fit either way. ^^

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Personally I do think K. Rool would end up as playable first, but this COULD in theory help Dixie... However, I don't think it means anything. You have to take into consideration this: Midna was probably NEVER considered for playable status because she only appeared in one Zelda game and doesn't do much for the series as a whole. Not being playable because they already planned the hair gimmick with another character? No, probably not the case. They might've planned the hair gimmick for Dixie, but I don't think that has anything to do with Midna and I don't think Midna being an AT "helps" Dixie at all.

That said Dixie would be great on her own, and hey, she's one of Nintendo's earliest video game heroines, so she'd be a good fit either way. ^^
I agree with you on Midna. I really don't see how Midna, who come from a different franchise from Dixie, "helps" her at all. I mean, fair enough that the Kremlings can be used as evidence for K Rool, but can Midna be used as evidence for Dixie? No.

What I was talking about was @ Arcadenik Arcadenik second half of is post. Where villager and Pac-Man were considered for Brawl but were cut and wanted to give my opinion on how it helps Dixie. :)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree with you on Midna. I really don't see how Midna, who come from a different franchise from Dixie, "helps" her at all. I mean, fair enough that the Kremlings can be used as evidence for K Rool, but can Midna be used as evidence for Dixie? No.

What I was talking about was @ Arcadenik Arcadenik second half of is post. Where villager and Pac-Man were considered for Brawl but were cut and wanted to give my opinion on how it helps Dixie. :)
Yeah, that does help Dixie, although note we do know how Dixie was planned: she was planned to be partnered with Diddy. (It also helps Ridley, too. :p)

What really helps Dixie moreso is that she's back in Tropical Freeze, and I don't think her being "absent" around the time of TF's release does anything against her. Diddy was announced around the TF western release. Also, Dixie Kong in theory would be the "first" Assist Trophy you would think of, but so far all we've heard of was Chunky Kong. Kinda interesting if I do say so myself.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was saying that Midna fighting with her prehensile hair helps Dixie because prehensile hair is Dixie's main shtick. If Dixie were an Assist Trophy, it would be repetitive when we already have Midna. Why would we get two Assist Trophies who fight with prehensile hair?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was saying that Midna fighting with her prehensile hair helps Dixie because prehensile hair is Dixie's main shtick. If Dixie were an Assist Trophy, it would be repetitive when we already have Midna. Why would we get two Assist Trophies who fight with prehensile hair?
Ok, in regards to an AT, you got me there. Yes, that's true, that would hurt Dixie appearing as an AT. In fact, I'm betting that's why they used Chunky Kong (well, I doubt its fake at this point). They based Chunky on the DK64 opening where he pounds the ground and bananas fall from the sky.

Although, do note that it only hurts Dixie appearing as an AT, it doesn't mean she'd be included as playable. It just kinda eliminates one alternative possibility, but there's still the chance of her getting in only as a trophy.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that does help Dixie, although note we do know how Dixie was planned: she was planned to be partnered with Diddy. (It also helps Ridley, too. :p)

What really helps Dixie moreso is that she's back in Tropical Freeze, and I don't think her being "absent" around the time of TF's release does anything against her. Diddy was announced around the TF western release. Also, Dixie Kong in theory would be the "first" Assist Trophy you would think of, but so far all we've heard of was Chunky Kong. Kinda interesting if I do say so myself.
Agreed.

Maybe, but this is Sakurai. I doubt he couldn't find a way to differentiate her from Midna. We've had a lot of assist trophies who just walk around the stage beating people up. Samurai Goroh, Starfy, Knuckle Joe, Waluigi. I'd take Chunky Kong more as evidence that she's playable... when it is confirmed. I believe that Chunky is an AT (there have been numerous people who have seen him) but (as @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said) why him? Dixie or even K Rool would be more obvious.

But if you believe Midna helps Dixie it's cool.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Also keep in mind, there's always the chance that he may be going for more obscure characters so he can potentially add other characters as either alts or as DLC playable characters.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I found another example of Sakura revisiting ideas. Miyamoto had wanted him in Brawl but Sakurai decided against it. http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/07/04/how-pac-man-joined-the-super-smash-bros-roster

"At the time, imagining the image of Pac-Man and his incomplete pizza shape, I thought to myself, ‘Hmmm… That’s a little too farfetched,’” Sakurai revealed. Obviously he's changed his mind since then. “You never know what’s going to happen in this world. I’ll just keep my mouth shut. That’s a good idea,"

Though the scenario is a but different here as Namco probably pushed for Pac-Man's inclusion.

Staarih

Smash Master
So I finally got myself DKC: Tropical Freeze and even though I've just started it, I find Dixie to be the most interesting of the bunch. Whenever I got the chance to use her, I did, and probably will when I continue with the game. I definitely support her for Smash (actually have for a bit already), along with K. Rool. I'm pretty 50/50 on them both, so I don't really mind which one gets in, but I'd be over the moon if we get them both!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I finally got myself DKC: Tropical Freeze and even though I've just started it, I find Dixie to be the most interesting of the bunch. Whenever I got the chance to use her, I did, and probably will when I continue with the game. I definitely support her for Smash (actually have for a bit already), along with K. Rool. I'm pretty 50/50 on them both, so I don't really mind which one gets in, but I'd be over the moon if we get them both!
Have you ever played DKC2? Dixie was WAY better in DKC2/3 because her ponytail whirl allowed her to glide infinitely until she hit the ground. In Tropical Freeze it just acts like a very high double jump (which is especially weird because Diddy Kong's jet barrels allowed him to go really high in both Smash Bros. and DK64).

Either way although Dixie is my favorite character, I'd rather have K. Rool over her... but if either gets in I will be happy, and if both get in I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Dixie being in Smash has always been something of a dream of mine, to have the opportunity to put her against legendary Nintendo heroines such as Peach, Zelda, Samus...

Who would win in this fight?
Dixie of course. :yeahboi:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Dixie's Neutral Air:

A nice whirling kick. She spins twice to let her feet hit you; it pushes enemies back on moderate damage percentages and hits two times when used on those with low percentages. Nothing too special about the move, but its reliable and gets its job done.

Also I wanna point out that this is the first attack where I got to show y'all her face from the front. I made a slight change to her eyes to give her another feature that distinguishes from Diddy and lightly suggest she's related to Tiny. Her eyes are still close so the change isn't drastic. Lastly, if y'all haven't noticed already, I'm using differsnt mediums for different attack categories so you automatically know which attack is what (pencil for jabs, mixed ink for tilts). This is one of the main reasons why I'm taking my time with these uploads, but it's worth it IMO.

Add me as a supporter, and congrats @ SethTheMage SethTheMage !

[Collapse=Jab & Finisher]Okay everyone, here's my jab idea for The Third Hero:

Using her hair for support, she sits back and kicks her feet forward; Dixie pedals her feet back continuously to rack up damage.

Then, to finish her rapid kicks, she uses her hair and body to thrust herself forward feet first to give opponents a forceful shove. Thanks to her hair's length she's able to move a nice distance for her finisher.

Originally I thought of the 2nd drawing as a forward tilt backup idea, but after seeing the introduction of standard attack finishers in a Pic of the Day months ago, I knew what to do with this move.[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Forward Tilt]
I thought up a forward tilt for Dixie Kong

She coils her blonde hair behind her and leans on one side of her body, then shifts her weight to the opposite side to swing her hair and make it spank the ground. Those who get hit by it just as its about to smack the ground receive a stronger strike, while those who get hit in mid-swing are punished less. The move's not TOO powerful, but it can kill, particularly the full swing...once certain percentages are reached, of course. Has good range thanks to Dixie's hair and the fact that she leans outward.[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Up Tilt]

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash (COMING SOON).

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
With Sakurai stating we're scraping the bottom of the [barrel] and the influx of female newcomers, I think Dixie Kong will be revealed come Monday. Someone to please--but not shock--fans.

I feel if it was a totally new or unexpected character, Sakurai wouldn't be so open about the announcement.

(I'm not Dixie supporter, nor did I even include her on my original roster, but it's just a hunch...)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Shy Guy's alts are now in the OP. I do love that reference to the 2-player mode in DKC2 with the last alt. Good job on these. They look really good on the Tropical Freeze artwork.

If these were real, I probably would use the Diddy alt the most.

I also love your drawings of Dixie's potential moveset and animations, @ BirthNote BirthNote .

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With Sakurai stating we're scraping the bottom of the [barrel] and the influx of female newcomers, I think Dixie Kong will be revealed come Monday. Someone to please--but not shock--fans.

I feel if it was a totally new or unexpected character, Sakurai wouldn't be so open about the announcement.

(I'm not Dixie supporter, nor did I even include her on my original roster, but it's just a hunch...)
Sorry, but I think its Shulk. Several Xenoblade developers retweeted the news.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's much of a stretch to say a few veterans will be revealed during the newcomer announcement considering it's 3 minutes long. What on earth could they show? But as most people are saying, I believe Shulk is going to be revealed.

@ BirthNote BirthNote Great job on the Dixie moveset! I think you're really proving that she won't end up a clone of Diddy.

@ Ghirahilda Ghirahilda Also great job! I really like how you chose her Tropical Freeze artwork.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think it's much of a stretch to say a few veterans will be revealed during the newcomer announcement considering it's 3 minutes long. What on earth could they show? But as most people are saying, I believe Shulk is going to be revealed.

@ BirthNote BirthNote Great job on the Dixie moveset! I think you're really proving that she won't end up a clone of Diddy.

@ Ghirahilda Ghirahilda Also great job! I really like how you chose her Tropical Freeze artwork.
Frankly, if we get veteran reveals alongside a newcomer, it doesn't make SENSE for it to be Shulk. If anything, it makes more sense for it to be a Villains Trailer and show off some villains. Unless they're going to show two newcomers, which I highly doubt.

I mean, who else could be shown alongside Shulk?

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but I think its Shulk. Several Xenoblade developers retweeted the news.
I'd be fine with that. Shulk intrigues me. Because of all the rumors, I even YouTube'd the ending to Xenoblade Chronicles just to get a better feel of Shulk's personality and moves (and the whole deal with the Monado).

Like I said, I'm not a Dixie supporter. In fact, Diddy Kong is one of my least favorite character in Smash.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I absolutely love your recolors, Really Shy Guy. Like Peach, I would probably use the red and pink ones a lot, lol.

And I've been playing Tropical Freeze recently and I always pick Dixie whenever I can. She's not as good as she was in DKC2 but she's still the most useful. The good thing is that smash could combine her two iterations of the ponytail whirl. Like for Peach, you would keep on pushing X to slowly descend to the ground but her UP B would be like in Tropical Freeze.

Nice pictures from BirthNote as always. ^^

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Argh.... if only Retro Studios retweeted Sakurai's posts instead of Monolith Soft... but then people would think it's Ridley and King K. Rool in some villains trailer. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom