• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Several people have seen Chunky in the demo, he's just a "Rare" AT. :p

We heard about Magnus long before we actually saw him in a video, for example. There's really no reason to BS about Chunky Kong.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Does it really, though? I mean, we're seeing quite a bit of Smash now, and there seems to be no indication that Tropical Freeze has any content in this game. Any Donkey Kong content we've seen so far comes from older games. Simply based on what we've seen, it looks like Tropical Freeze may have been too recent to have any sort of impact on Smash, or its roster.
TBH if they wanted to they could have a Returns stage playable and occasionally freeze it over to reference DKCTF. With Sakurai having a Mario Galaxy 1&2 stage and NSMBU stage I wouldn't be surprised if they combined the last 2 DK games.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I need the evidence first, but how does it benefit a DK newcomer anyway?
Because it means they are putting a decent amount of love into the Donkey Kong franchise and drawing from all parts of the series and not just recent titles. Technically, though, Chunky probably helps K. Rool more than Dixie, because at least Dixie is playable in most games already and was in Tropical Freeze, too. K. Rool appeared in earlier games and hasn't been the main villain of a DK game since before Brawl.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Because it means they are putting a decent amount of love into the Donkey Kong franchise and drawing from all parts of the series and not just recent titles. Technically, though, Chunky probably helps K. Rool more than Dixie, because at least Dixie is playable in most games already and was in Tropical Freeze, too. K. Rool appeared in earlier games and hasn't been the main villain of a DK game since before Brawl.
I wonder if we will see a Tropical Freeze stage... it would be a nice departure from every other DK stage, and it would be perfect for a Dixie reveal.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Chunky Kong? Dixie's cousin and Kiddy's older brother? You sure it is Chunky and not Kiddy or DK Jr.?

Damn it, I really want to play as Dixie Kong. I had a blast playing as her in DKC2, DKC3, and DKC:TF.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Chunky Kong? Dixie's cousin and Kiddy's older brother? You sure it is Chunky and not Kiddy or DK Jr.?

Damn it, I really want to play as Dixie Kong. I had a blast playing as her in DKC2, DKC3, and DKC:TF.
Yeah, from a gameplay perspective, she is my favorite character in the series. I barely used Diddy or Kiddy in DKC2 and DKC3. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

This has been indicated by several people. One person didn't recognize the character, but thought he resembled DK, and the descriptions of what he does are the same: pounds the ground and bananas fall from the sky.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This has been indicated by several people. One person didn't recognize the character, but thought he resembled DK, and the descriptions of what he does are the same: pounds the ground and bananas fall from the sky.
Resembles DK? Well, the only Kong who resembles DK closely is Funky. He looks like DK but with a tanktop and jeans shorts.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm not exactly sure how Dixie Kong represents the "shallow" parts of the DK franchise. I mean, she has fans who genuinely do like her as a character.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Cranky's pretty much deconfirmed, is he not? with his trophy having appeared in Smash Run. Both Dixie and K. Rool survived E3, so if DK gets a newcomer it's one of those two. Fingers crossed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Resembles DK? Well, the only Kong who resembles DK closely is Funky. He looks like DK but with a tanktop and jeans shorts.
They said that, someone responded "sounds like Funky Kong," and after showing picks, the guy who saw it indicated it actually was Chunky. And we had someone else who also said they saw Chunky Kong.

Cranky's pretty much deconfirmed, is he not? with his trophy having appeared in Smash Run. Both Dixie and K. Rool survived E3, so if DK gets a newcomer it's one of those two. Fingers crossed.
Or both. I wouldn't be at all surprised if both are secret characters. Dixie Kong has a lot of potential with her hair, but her moveset might feel similar to Diddy anyway, so she'd probably be somewhat close to Diddy. Without a jetpack, naturally. Ideally I'd like both, but either one is fine by me.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Even if Dixie doesn't make it into the initial game, there's also the possibility of DLC. If you believe Gematsu, the latest leak stated they were planning on DLC. Worst-case scenario, I know that I wouldn't mind paying a little extra to play as Dixie.

Though, if the Chunky rumor is true, I would think that they would use Dixie as an AT if they weren't planning on making her playable. Is that too much of a stretch, given how important she is to the series?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Even if Dixie doesn't make it into the initial game, there's also the possibility of DLC. If you believe Gematsu, the latest leak stated they were planning on DLC. Worst-case scenario, I know that I wouldn't mind paying a little extra to play as Dixie.

Though, if the Chunky rumor is true, I would think that they would use Dixie as an AT if they weren't planning on making her playable. Is that too much of a stretch, given how important she is to the series?
I'm in agreement. I'm thinking that right now, K. Rool and Dixie were both planned. K. Rool might get higher priority due to greater popularity, but Dixie is probably right behind him, and if she's not finished by release, she'll be DLC later. That's my theory. I don't think its a "K. Rool vs. Dixie" situation, but more "one of them first, and if we have time, we'll get the other one too."

Dixie and K. Rool are about even in terms of importance to the story, K. Rool just has one game up on Dixie (Dixie was absent in DK64 and K. Rool in Tropical Freeze, both absent in Returns, and Dixie in DKC obviously).

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Best idea ever. A silhouette stage would be so awesome !

I also hope for Dixie DLC at this point, since the leak killed my hype/hopes concerning characters.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Man, Dixie Kong as DLC would be pretty sweet. I'm getting this feeling that Donkey Kong and Diddy are the only DK representatives in the vanilla version of SSB4, so I'm hoping that Dixie can make it in at later date because of her similar build to Diddy. K. Rool would be also be nice, but he wouldn't be as easy to create in a relatively short period of time.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
So whp here thinks this Chunky Kong AT thing is real? I'd rather wait till tomorrow for him if anything.
I think it's likely real, but I want to see video confirmation before I fully accept it. Everyone who reported it had a similar story, even those who didn't know who he was (looks like DK with shirt and hat, slams the ground, bananas fall from the top of the screen). Hopefully tomorrow will give us the confirmation we need.

Damnit, I want to see Chunky Kong again. He was my favorite Kong in DK64. It's been so long...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think it is possible for Dixie to be a DLC character. She probably would get an amiibo figurine. I mean, she already has a regular figurine that is usually packaged with Donkey and some other Mario characters. Sakurai is adding lots of important females in SSB4. Female Villagers, female Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Palutena, and female Miis... why not Dixie? She is relevant/recent, important, and popular. Lots of people loved playing as Dixie more in Tropical Freeze... I'm sure they would love to play as Dixie in Smash too.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Damn. Still no proof of Chanky Kang. Well, I guess we'll find out eventually whether the rumors are true or not, whether it be in the pic of the day, or a confirmation/disconfirmation when the game comes out.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ideally I'd like both of them on the roster, but since Dixie would be less difficult to create, she could be made as DLC. Once both are in, though, I'd say that covers it for the DK cast. There's really no one else as important to make a playable slot for the DK series.

A silhouette stage from either DKCR or Tropical Freeze would be cool, but it'd only work if there was lighting so you could see the characters normally.

EDIT: Oh, and if Dixie is playable, her Final Smash should totally be Rambi, since DK didn't get it. I figured that DK could get Rambi and Dixie maybe Squitter, but since DK's is unchanged (well, it has been buffed a bit), Rambi all the way for Dixie. ^^

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn. Many Smash fans who played Smash at Best Buy all over the country and not one of them took pics of Chunky?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I'd like Enguarde to make an appearance somehow... He's my favorite character from the series if you except the main man/ gorilla himself.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd like Enguarde to make an appearance somehow... He's my favorite character from the series if you except the main man/ gorilla himself.
Enguarde couldn't appear except on a stage in the water. If there's a stage with water in it, we could see Enguarde appear there. I'd like a couple other recurring Animal Buddies as AT's, too, namely Rambi, Squitter, and Squawks.

andimidna

Smash Master
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-day-252-k-rool-and-dixie-kong.351920/page-106
Come here to rate your chance/want of Dixie Kong and K Rool on the RTC thread!
Man, Dixie Kong as DLC would be pretty sweet. I'm getting this feeling that Donkey Kong and Diddy are the only DK representatives in the vanilla version of SSB4, so I'm hoping that Dixie can make it in at later date because of her similar build to Diddy. K. Rool would be also be nice, but he wouldn't be as easy to create in a relatively short period of time.
I think it's likely real, but I want to see video confirmation before I fully accept it. Everyone who reported it had a similar story, even those who didn't know who he was (looks like DK with shirt and hat, slams the ground, bananas fall from the top of the screen). Hopefully tomorrow will give us the confirmation we need.

Damnit, I want to see Chunky Kong again. He was my favorite Kong in DK64. It's been so long...
Damn. Many Smash fans who played Smash at Best Buy all over the country and not one of them took pics of Chunky?
I think she has a good chance of being in. She was planned for Brawl.

I think she might be among the last characters added into Smash 4 if she makes it in.
Two more days. E3's almost here!

Up Tilt

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash (COMING SOON).

The move's not too hard to get around; just roll/dodge/avoid at the right moments and you'll have plenty of time to attack. Whaddya think?
Dixie is one of my most wanted characters and I wanted to drop by just before E3!
My idea for a moveset is that she can change momentum, like R.O.B's back aerial.
That way she can change the tempo of the fight by either floating slowly or pinballing over the whole stage.
Wanted to share some pics from Miiverse I've found that celebrate Dixie.

くぼたん♪☆☆

NEW やまだ

のえる

Leona

ドシダ

JAC

Phil

Me

The Trav

リック

ALE!

おとうやん

There were too many to include here without taking up even more space! Dixie rules.
I just realized I wasn't on the list of the OP. I'm largely in favor of Dixie since she's my second most wanted character for this iteration of Smash, after Toad.

So count me as a supporter ! ^^
It's probably going to be a Returns stage. But I still think Dixie has a chance. The fact that she was a forbidden seven, or whatever it was called, means Sakurai had her on his mind.
Dixie using elemental attacks? Why not? Sure, I'll take it.

Also, the K.Rool vs Dixie thing has to stop. Nobody can compare with K.Rool's level of uniqueness. This is no point to be taken against Dixie at all! As Dixie also easily ranks in the Top 5 of uniqueness.

And I love that playstyle description of BKupa's post. It's how I always imagined Dixie to play as.

I want both DKC newcomers badly. With both of them on the roster, I really could care less about the roster. Sure, I really want Isaac, and I really want Ike and Mewtwo back. But, with K.Rool AND Dixie in? I'd have no complaints!
SSBF! How are things? It's been a while.

I will be updating the OP with supporters soon, I promise.
I'm just saying that people think that K.Rool's chances have gone up thanks to the kremlings being enimies

But ganondorf is the main, big villain, K. Rool isn't anymore
Sign me up as a Dixie Kong supporter.
Hey! I also want to be a supporter... If it's possible....

There has been Tropical Freeze representation in Smash Bros.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7xUWnQu2Grs#t=781

I'm talking about the music in the Items part of the direct , it can also be form Returns but I like to think that it's from Tropical Freeze, meaning that there will be a stage based on TF, so that boost the chances of Dixie getting in
I wouldn't be surprised if Dixie and K. Rool were both added.

But honestly Dixie definitely is the more likely of the 2.
Somehow I feel like Dixie Kong, being playable in three DKC games, still has a good shot of being playable. Even with K. Rool competing for a spot, I feel like the roster will be big enough to give the DK series four reps.
She needs the extra support!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I can't believe I didn't post on this thread yet. Anyway, I don't see why Dixie Kong can't be in Smash, I think she'd be great. I love the official post move-sets.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope that Dixie Kong is playable. Sakurai is adding many females this time around. Smash 64 added Samus and Jigglypuff. Melee added Peach, Zelda, and Nana. Brawl turned Sheik into a female and added Zero Suit Samus. SSB4 so far changed Sheik back into a male and added female Villagers, Wii Fit Trainers, Mii, and Rosalina and Palutena. SSB4 is shaping up to be Super Bash Sisters... and Dixie would fit right in.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I really hope that Dixie Kong is playable. Sakurai is adding many females this time around. Smash 64 added Samus and Jigglypuff. Melee added Peach, Zelda, and Nana. Brawl turned Sheik into a female and added Zero Suit Samus. SSB4 so far changed Sheik back into a male and added female Villagers, Wii Fit Trainers, Mii, and Rosalina and Palutena. SSB4 is shaping up to be Super Bash Sisters... and Dixie would fit right in.
What?

I think Dixie has a pretty good chance of getting in, although I'm worried that we're only going to get either 47 or 48 characters (the 48th character being Mewtwo) for this game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I feel that if Dixie is in the game, she is either playable or she is not. Dixie has been playable in all the games she appeared in except for Melee and Brawl where she's a trophy. I really hope she's playable in SSB4... otherwise, it might turn out to be her third unplayable appearance.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I hope that Dixie Kong is playable! I really do support her, and even more when I found out she was planne for SSBB! Could someone add me to the supporters' list please?:)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I hope that Dixie Kong is playable! I really do support her, and even more when I found out she was planne for SSBB! Could someone add me to the supporters' list please?:)
No problem. I'll let Venus know. Dixie can always use more supporters.

@Venus of the Desert Bloom We have more supporters. Whenever you have time, could you add smashkirby and ihskeyp to the OP? Thanks.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I would like to be added to the supporters list as well! Dixie is now my number one since Palutena's been confirmed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Something to consider... Sakurai said he planned to include Villagers and Miis in Brawl but didn't... and he added them in SSB4... maybe the same could happen for Dixie!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My personal prediction is that Dixie Kong ends up in this games version of the "Forbidden 7".

Only to be sold as DLC later on.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Something to consider... Sakurai said he planned to include Villagers and Miis in Brawl but didn't... and he added them in SSB4... maybe the same could happen for Dixie!
Yeah she's relevant like Mewtwo (and he was planned to be playable Brawl), whom got a big appearance in the X and Y games. Dixie also has a major new game to go with her, it's probably why I'm so confident in Dixie being playable.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
My personal prediction is that Dixie Kong ends up in this games version of the "Forbidden 7".

Only to be sold as DLC later on.
She was in last game's forbidden 7. That would certainly suck for her to be a last minute cut two games in a row.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah she's relevant like Mewtwo (and he was planned to be playable Brawl), whom got a big appearance in the X and Y games. Dixie also has a major new game to go with her, it's probably why I'm so confident in Dixie being playable.
Relevancy doesn't matter considering how the Kremlings are in Smash Run. Plus Tropical Freeze probably came too late to help Dixie, not that it matters since relevancy doesn't matter much anyway. Dixie is a central character to the DK franchise. That's all we need really.

Top Bottom