• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Dropping by to say congrats. Was expecting either Tifa or Lara Croft to be the 3rd and possibly last Square Enix rep for Smash, but you guys got the motherload of them all.

Also judging by the trailers, seems like it'll be a huge update for Cloud too as his Final Smash seems to have added stuff to it. (I'm 100% banking he's getting a buff).

Also this begs the question: Will Midgar have more than 2 songs for its stage and include the ones coming from Sephiroth's stage once the DLC launches? (Not sure if this was done for the FE stages or not?)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, we know for sure when the presentation for Sephiroth will occur: Thursday the 17th. Factoring this in and the fact he will be released before the end of the year, let's try to narrow down a release date. Now, we can write off the weekends and Fridays (especially the 25th of this month for obvious reasons). Assuming that Sephiroth follows the same path the other two DLC picks so far in this pass have done and doesn't release on the same day as the presentation, that leaves no more than 8 days to pick from. The 24th is also a Thursday and that might be pushing it, so it must be before or after it.
I'm puttin' my money down on Sephiroth coming out the day of or the day after his presentation. Every time we've known the character before their presentation, they've been dropped almost immediately. The only characters who weren't dropped immediately were Byleth, Min Min, and Steve, all of which were revealed in their presentations themselves. (Well Steve was technically revealed two days before his presentation but the same general rule applies because his reveal was a presentation in and of itself)

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
After a long hiatus, I have returned to post a well deserved congratulations. I never counted myself as one of Sephiroth's supporters, but I don't know if I've ever been so wrong. One of the most iconic video game villains of all time, with one of, if not the most well made reveal trailer thus far, has made his imposing presence felt in Smash Bros. As soon as that first note hit, I could feel my hair stand on end. What a moment in history.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
so... holy ****. I'm still in tears everyone. I have never popped so hard for a character before in my life. This is literally the peak of who I want in smash. NO other character will get me more hyped than Sephiroth. I feel so complete. I haven't slept in 2 days

Now that my new main is here, I think i have an idea of how he might play. I think Sephiroth will be a slow character but his attacks will be fast. I thought, maybe he movement isn't that fast at all. We haven't even seen him run or anything like that. In fact, he usually doesn't run at you at all. He mostly thrusts himself at you. In the remake and the kingdom heart games, Sephiroth mostly walks very slowly but because his attacks have a lot of range and damage, you can still K'O your opponents fast. I think he'll be able to lunge himself towards his opponents extremely quickly. You'll be able to kinda of hop around and keep a good distance too. Maybe this is why we see Sephiroth walking slowly throughout the trailer?? It kinda of fits with the character based on the different games he's been in. Even when you look at his reveal trailer, we see him just causally walking. Here are some videos just so you can have a better understanding. I really like this idea because it just makes him more unique of a character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivjNzBYyELo&t=227s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM34EXnSQzI&t=475s

also I'm predicting that Sephiroth grabs you with the sword just like what he did to Mario. The sword is massive so you can have all the space

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I think for the sake of balance they're going to make him both slow, and with start up lag, so I don't think his attacks will be fast.

Just going based off of what I saw in the trailer.

I'm just hoping he's not Ganon levels slow.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
It's been so long since I played smash. Trying out Cloud.

Yeah startup lag really makes a huge difference. I hope it's not too bad for Seph...

I hope his recovery isn't ass like Cloud's either lol.

...So how do you think Supernova as a Final Smash?
Haven't seen the full thing yet, but it looks promising I guess.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
so... holy ****. I'm still in tears everyone. I have never popped so hard for a character before in my life. This is literally the peak of who I want in smash. NO other character will get me more hyped than Sephiroth. I feel so complete. I haven't slept in 2 days

Now that my new main is here, I think i have an idea of how he might play. I think Sephiroth will be a slow character but his attacks will be fast. I thought, maybe he movement isn't that fast at all. We haven't even seen him run or anything like that. In fact, he usually doesn't run at you at all. He mostly thrusts himself at you. In the remake and the kingdom heart games, Sephiroth mostly walks very slowly but because his attacks have a lot of range and damage, you can still K'O your opponents fast. I think he'll be able to lunge himself towards his opponents extremely quickly. You'll be able to kinda of hop around and keep a good distance too. Maybe this is why we see Sephiroth walking slowly throughout the trailer?? It kinda of fits with the character based on the different games he's been in. Even when you look at his reveal trailer, we see him just causally walking. Here are some videos just so you can have a better understanding. I really like this idea because it just makes him more unique of a character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivjNzBYyELo&t=227s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM34EXnSQzI&t=475s

also I'm predicting that Sephiroth grabs you with the sword just like what he did to Mario. The sword is massive so you can have all the space
Yeah the fact this game exists still feels unreal.

Sephiroth is in a game where he can fight a cartoony bear and bird. Let that sink in...

Also the same game that also has those two and:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultsimon::ultsteve::ult_terry:and can also fight other video game villains:ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley:

Crazy.

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
So someone brought an interesting idea to mind: People have been saying the Building Stab is Fair or maybe Up B.

What if it's Zair?

Think about it, Sephiroth would never lay hands on anyone. Why would you when you got a 9 foot katana and your main method of travel is 'Intimidating slow walk'. But what he does do is the stab he did to Mario. A lot. What if that's a tether grab? And then like others he can use his zair to help recover.....even if it's no longer a snap but a stab

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman

Sephiroth is in a game where he can fight a cartoony bear and bird. Let that sink in...

Also the same game that also has those two and:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultsimon::ultsteve::ult_terry:and can also fight other video game villains:ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley:

Crazy.
This is the kind of stuff my younger self would imagine for funsies. Kingdom Hearts already did that by mixing freaking Disney and Final Fantasy, now Smash is practically mixing in all of video games. No wonder it's being called Mugen these days lol.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
So someone brought an interesting idea to mind: People have been saying the Building Stab is Fair or maybe Up B.

What if it's Zair?

Think about it, Sephiroth would never lay hands on anyone. Why would you when you got a 9 foot katana and your main method of travel is 'Intimidating slow walk'. But what he does do is the stab he did to Mario. A lot. What if that's a tether grab? And then like others he can use his zair to help recover.....even if it's no longer a snap but a stab
Wow, that actually makes more sense than it being his Fair. I think someone earlier also mentioned Sephiroth using his sword to grab and pickup his opponents but not having a zair. I hope this happens, I want to fling people around like what happened to Mario.😄

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wow, that actually makes more sense than it being his Fair. I think someone earlier also mentioned Sephiroth using his sword to grab and pickup his opponents but not having a zair. I hope this happens, I want to fling people around like what happened to Mario.😄
Imagine giving so few ****s about your prey that you don't even give them the dignity of grabbing them properly. :troll:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I can't wait to just see his moveset and get it over with. I an't good with guessing moves, yet i don't feel like guessing on the off chance i'm wrong/

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can't wait to just see his moveset and get it over with. I an't good with guessing moves, yet i don't feel like guessing on the off chance i'm wrong/
That's entirely fair. At least the next 4 days will go by quick for me since I have work.

The best part? The stream's time is so reasonable that there's almost no chance for me to miss the initial airing.

Although for what it's worth I did accurately guess that Safer would be involved in his FS.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Crazy.
Not to mention other JRPG characters. :ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ultjoker::ultpokemontrainer:

It just feels right for them to be pitted against the final boss of a completely different game.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It was always strange how little of Sephiroth's in game attacks were used in fighting games, starting with Dissidia. It made sense for the earlier bosses as most of their battle script consisted of using high level spells and a signature move like Big Bang or Grand Cross (or in Cloud of Darkness' case literally spamming Particle Beam). Kefka started to turn that aspect with having more unique attacks. But they still made new moves for Sephiroth instead of using his in game attacks like Pale Horse, Deen or downplayed moves like Shadow Flare (both Dissidia and Smasj make it look like small orbs while FFVII was as a big explosion.....or just a palette swap Flare, really).

Of course, could be worse. It could be Kuja's extremely limited moveset.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
For several months already since ultimate's release and playing ffvii remake. I always had these crazy unlikely thoughts about how cool it would be if sephiroth made it into smash just to fight cloud and other gaming icons,and to think that wish has now come to fruition. Words can't expressed how happy I am.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
About Sephiroth grabbing people by stabbing them... My initial thought was that it would be way too graphic, but then I remembered we already have Skewer and Dragon Lunge. Still, just having a character writhe at the end of a 3 meter sword (made worse if the pummel is just Sephiroth twisting the sword) somehow feels even more gruesome than being quickly impaled by a pointy tail or getting pinned to the ground by a spear arm. Guess we'll see.

I've seen some people think that the move that puts three projectiles around the opponent would be Sephy's neutral special, but my mind immediately went to side special because of the similarities to Joker's Eiha/Eigaeon, namely the finger snap activation and both shooting out a small projectile that causes a unique effect. The delayed activation also brings to mind another side special, Mega Man's Crash Bomber.

Top Bottom