• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
no. instant throwing and instant ground toss are two diff at's :\ but both used the same way :3

instead of doin ground toss i just press airdodge or bair really close to the ground and cancel the "catch lag" with a GT whether it be OoS or instant :3
No, it's still instant throwing, just jumping off of the ground right beforehand.

Sinz knows, he does it more than you do :)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
man upb'n into hard objects while an opponent is near is beast :3

all innuendos intended
I spam this on Spear Pillar against my scrub friends.

I like randomly using up-b next to people to try and hit them, whether there's a hard object to run into or not.

Not effective but lulzy.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
No, it's still instant throwing, just jumping off of the ground right beforehand.

Sinz knows, he does it more than you do :)
you dont know me sonnnnnnnnn

but i guess so xD

so i hear that gnes guy ***** esam amiright

DFEAR

Smash Hero
man i didnt get a chance to greet u at winterfest. tito (advent lee's cuz) was bothering me with his jiggz lol

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
really just tossing a banana will work or does it have to hit meta through the top?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well...come on

in the matchup it helps if nana is out of the picture entirely...now if she is teching walls and **** and doesnt want to get stage spiked/spiked then lol gotta deal with a chance of gettin 0-death'd

but shouldnt really matter cuz youd be horrible at spacing/zoning if you get grabbed by them. that or you messed up big time lol

Bwett

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm uploading some matches of me vs sethlon as we speak and ill give links, but I have some questions I need answered.

From my experience, I've categorized MK's into three categories: passive, aggressive against you, and aggressive against your bananas. Of course you can have a mixture, but that seems to be the three basic ones. I suppose you could categorize this for all characters, but right now I'm more concerned with MK.

How do you deal with an MK that is super aggressive on you? They instant throw your bananas off the stage or at you and typically doesn't give you time to pull bananas. How do you buy yourself time to pull bananas? If you throw a banana at an MK's shield and they SH fair to pick it up, how do you punish it? What is your general strategy against MK?

Typically a character has some kind of move they spam to create a general rhythm and possible wall, and then they slightly tweak it. To give some examples, DDD will creates walls with SH bair and fair into ftilt or dtilt. MK with dash to fair, then walk back and repeat as a wall. What should a Diddy do, if he has an effective strategy or wall, and what do you do to tweak it?

Against MK, what are some great setups? I've learned that dtilt at mid percents can lead into fair and charged smash. If you bait shuttle loop and shield, you get a free fair. What are some good traps that people typically fall in (not necessarily against MK)? Vids of anything to help would be fantastic and are much better than just describing them in words, but I'm grateful for any input.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm uploading some matches of me vs sethlon as we speak and ill give links, but I have some questions I need answered.

From my experience, I've categorized MK's into three categories: passive, aggressive against you, and aggressive against your bananas. Of course you can have a mixture, but that seems to be the three basic ones. I suppose you could categorize this for all characters, but right now I'm more concerned with MK.

How do you deal with an MK that is super aggressive on you? An aggressive style can be punishable. If they have an aggressive style they will have a certain attack pattern that they are used to as do most players kinda. Bait that pattern, force them to mix up and then adapt as any good player should, spacing and zoning is important here(use backwards GT upthrow/dthrow or throw the naner at their shield to force a catch or w.e to stall and some peanut shots with some sh peanut shots in between). Some great spacing tools here are dtilt/sideb/ftilt for ground approaches and some OoS bairs and fairs will do some harm as well.They instant throw your bananas off the stage or at you and typically doesn't give you time to pull bananas. How do you buy yourself time to pull bananas?If you zone properly with your bananas, peanuts and overall pressure you should always have time. If you throw a banana at an MK's shield and they SH fair to pick it up, how do you punish it?After they fair you can do a ****load man lol just fair/bair the **** out of him lol but if you find it too risky or the metaknight is baiting your bait you can always just zone out with peanuts and avoidability. What is your general strategy against MK? patience...a lot of it.

Typically a character has some kind of move they spam to create a general rhythm and possible wall, and then they slightly tweak it. To give some examples, DDD will creates walls with SH bair and fair into ftilt or dtilt. MK with dash to fair, then walk back and repeat as a wall. What should a Diddy do, if he has an effective strategy or wall, and what do you do to tweak it? This is what i like about diddy. He is the definition of versatility. you dont really need a strategy, just respond to the situation with the appropriate moves and mindgames. Diddy counters everything...he is that cool lol. But as a wall you can have a banana in your hand, a banana in front of you and your shooting uncharged peanuts, sh or not. The peanuts cast as an anti-air/bait, the grounded banana can and may disable or disrupt grounded movement as along with the on hand banana. You also be cool and make sh ff fair walls lol they look hawtttt.

Against MK, what are some great setups?Anything, depends on the situation. I've learned that dtilt at mid percents can lead into fair and charged smash. If you bait shuttle loop and shield, you get a free fair. What are some good traps that people typically fall in (not necessarily against MK)?Standing still, peanut walls, z drop baits, free banana baits (if you know ur opponent wants ur banana, bait that **** and punish him for catching that naner), peanut gun canceling (all forms of it grounded and air), sh ff dair canceling, if they like airdodging you can either bait the airdodge and punish or make them catch a peanut lol it makes me lol since they most people immediately just throw the peanut away. Vids of anything to help would be fantastic and are much better than just describing them in words, but I'm grateful for any input.just watch adhd,ninjalink,gnes,etc of the lot man. too many diddy vs mk vids out there
my thoughts in redddd

any other info just goto the matchup thread. :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237476

jbandrew

Smash Lord
What banana "formations" (for ex: I have one in hand and one is in front of me) can I use to be a very campy or hard to approach diddy? I know peanuts can be used to pressure sheilds nicely, but where should I be placing my nanas if I wanted to camp all match vs say... Metaknight? And what camping STRATEGIES are there? (Banana in hand, one behind you, and you shoot peanuts at the range of Metaknights sheild, etc.)

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm practicing single naner locking currently, and I've noticed that while the guides say timing is different for different characters, the only place they really vary is on where they get hit by bananas, nothing else. I've taken to aiming my throws at their feet (In other words, I jump/throw to where my naner lands directly in front of them to the point where they are still hit, take damage, and trip). This makes me wonder if a slight tweak in the guides could facilitate a much easier learning curve for the diddy population.

Am I crazy?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hey guys, I'm practicing single naner locking currently, and I've noticed that while the guides say timing is different for different characters, the only place they really vary is on where they get hit by bananas, nothing else.
The bold actually answers the underlined; some characters are shorter than others, some are very thin (Snake) and it's hard to hit them at any point lower than their head, etc. It depends moreso on the shape of the character for the very fact that it only matters where on the character they get hit.

If that makes sense.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 3,387

Player-1 190

DFEAR 162

Vyse 144

GooseMainsDiddy 142

Ingulit 118

Kaptain Kong 101

Dekar173 100

Teneban 96

ADHD 95

NinjaLink 94

Bellioes 92

Boofy! 84

greatness_007 71

yoshididdy 70

DUB 68

Coyn3Masta 60

Melomaniacal 58

Count 56

Le_THieN 52

P-1's been shootin' those peanuts all over the place

DFEAR

Smash Hero
T.T yea im such a horrible help to the diddy boards...i need to step my game up irl...

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
The bold actually answers the underlined; some characters are shorter than others, some are very thin (Snake) and it's hard to hit them at any point lower than their head, etc. It depends moreso on the shape of the character for the very fact that it only matters where on the character they get hit.

If that makes sense.
Yeah, I agree that when starting the lock with snake and his family of oddly shaped(Who am I kidding, this is brawl) friends that starting the lock can be annoyingly hard. However, the timing when already tripped changes to that of around what it takes to Naner lock metaknight. I just hadn't seen that placement on the person mattered particularly much in any of the guides and thought it might be useful.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Yeah, I agree that when starting the lock with snake and his family of oddly shaped(Who am I kidding, this is brawl) friends that starting the lock can be annoyingly hard. However, the timing when already tripped changes to that of around what it takes to Naner lock metaknight. I just hadn't seen that placement on the person mattered particularly much in any of the guides and thought it might be useful.
when single naner locking d3, the timing is different when tripped than that of mk because hes soooo fat lol. I agree that the first hit is usually the key one, which is why its so hard to set up. Once you get the timing for the taller chars down, it becomes much easier to lock the shorter chars no matter where you hit them with the naner.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I'm getting there, I've just started incorporating it into my game but I've been practicing it in training for a while. I get about 1 or 2 in there.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I'm getting there, I've just started incorporating it into my game but I've been practicing it in training for a while. I get about 1 or 2 in there.
i think someone mentioned before that once you get urself starting, the momentum comes with u and then u get the timing and spacing right eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom