• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUB

Smash Lord
Only at the beginning of the animation. Its better just to shield and punish it.
Yeah still the best option.

If you predict a MK using whorenado to recover back to stage ( why the hell would they do that against didz) you can land the f-tilt fairly easily.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Oh, never really payed attention to wavebouncing.
I had asked about it a here a while back, asking essentially if it was useful or not. It was agreed (I think) that it helps both mix-ups and Diddy's horrible horizontal air movement, so I decided to practice it myself. I was hesitant to apply it because I thought it would be so difficult, but I was really surprised at how easy it was to learn. It only takes about 30-ish minutes of practice to do it consistently. I still have trouble doing it out of a Short Hop, and I'm still not good enough at Brawl's basics for me to use it wisely, but I'm still trying because it IS a good technique... Obviously not a groundbreaking one, but it has its purposes.

/2cents

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
k being the suicidal/random diddy i think i am. i was trying out some stuff against snake and i tried barrel cancelling next to snake while holding a nade. fresh, the attack in total does 33%, while it only does 12% max to diddy. so, any opinions on whether this is too risky or simply won't work?

also, 'bout the wavebouncing thing, the cpu sometimes wavebounces its barrels. any idea on how they do that? @_@

nezzedaoriginal

Smash Cadet
k being the suicidal/random diddy i think i am. i was trying out some stuff against snake and i tried barrel cancelling next to snake while holding a nade. fresh, the attack in total does 33%, while it only does 12% max to diddy. so, any opinions on whether this is too risky or simply won't work?

also, 'bout the wavebouncing thing, the cpu sometimes wavebounces its barrels. any idea on how they do that? @_@
33%? Is that with the rockets hitting Snake (assuming the grenade detonation actually lets the rockets fly)? You'd have to time it really well too, noting exactly how long a snake holds it's nades to throw at you. It seems like a high risk, medium reward type thing, cause if you mistime it, you get sent flying (assuming you go to the peak of the barrels reach) and can possibly be gimped by the explosion whilst in the air.

idk, though. Just a thought.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
the barrels are automatic when the nade's explosion occurs. they don't go flying off, it's why i said
i tried barrel cancelling next to snake while holding a nade.
and, i was charging the barrels when i was trying this out, never let them go off into the air, cuz you have no di or momentum cancelling when the explosion happens(or at least, i don't think you do). if you go too high it can kill you early, so the best thing to do is grab the nade, and charge the barrels until the nade explodes but make it so you're close to snake when it does to cause damage.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
and, i was charging the barrels when i was trying this out, never let them go off into the air, cuz you have no di or momentum cancelling when the explosion happens(or at least, i don't think you do). if you go too high it can kill you early, so the best thing to do is grab the nade, and charge the barrels until the nade explodes but make it so you're close to snake when it does to cause damage.
Interesting idea, sorta like a suicide bomber
did the barrels hit him then explode, or just explode on the ground near him, cuz sometimes it doesnt hit directly

did the nade hit too (im assuming it did)?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
the barrels burst at the same time the nade does, and yes, the barrels and the nade both damage snake. i wouldn't suggest this when there's a second nade present though, cuz it does 25% to diddy and 42% to snake, or somewhere around that.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
it doesn't work unless they buffer a jump. so yeah, lol. I can't do it on any character other than DDD cause i don't know how. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom