• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah she's a keeper man.

I haven't played brawl in sooo long. I need to buy myself a controller :(

what's this Saturday?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
double diddy kong is broken....u can do megazord formation with peanuts lol

-Googs

Smash Lord
if you backthrow at a low percent and they don't tech it, you can ftilt into a jablock but you can't continue it, useful for doubles though

So, backthrow>walk into a angledowned ftilt, He is then forced to get up so you can grab, so far only tested on snake. I'm not sure what happens if they DI away though this is just on a computer.

Player-3

Smash Hero
wtf choco it was an equal contribution of me and p1 that created the strat

i created it, he publicized and improved on it

Player-1

Smash Legend
if you backthrow at a low percent and they don't tech it, you can ftilt into a jablock but you can't continue it, useful for doubles though

So, backthrow>walk into a angledowned ftilt, He is then forced to get up so you can grab, so far only tested on snake. I'm not sure what happens if they DI away though this is just on a computer.
already known bro mayne, gg

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So I started testing this with my friend but he had to leave before we could move onto other characters. It involves your opponent Grabbing you and then Grab Breaking, which admittedly isn't particularly common. If ROB grabs you and Ground Breaks, up until around 70-80% (we didn't get exact numbers) Diddy can D-Smash and always connect if ROB does anything besides immediately Shield (it beat Jab, it beat D-Tilt, Roll, everything we tried). After 70-80%, when Diddy is released he is sent further back for some reason (I didn't even know about this mechanic until a little bit ago) and ROB can safely counter-attack (D-Smash will whiff). D-Smash worked when Jab and D-Tilt did not; Jab didn't have enough range, and D-Tilt never beat ROB's priority.

A free D-Smash can get you out of a tight spot or time to pull a Banana... When someone does Ground Break you, this might be safe, as immediately Shielding isn't usually what you do when you Grab Break. I would LOVE to see if this works against Squirtle, but I'm almost 100% sure it won't beat Jab's speed. I already know that this is not safe to do offensively (IE, we Ground Break them) due to testing the Banana Choke; the opponent is sent too far back for the D-Smash (or anything, for that matter) to hit.

Grab Breaks are uncommon, and I've never seen anyone talk about them in length. Comments?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I was wondering. Do any Diddy's Pivot Smash? Diddy's Pivot Smash is huge...Like as big as Mk's.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Seagull I think we probably would do it more but since bananas give us a free smash anyway we don't have to worry about it. It looks cool though :)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Is there a thread or a guide that the Diddy community wants posted? I can work on one or two in my spare time for awhile (until my college classes actually kick into high gear).

EDIT: Pivot Smash? I don't have that in the Kongpendium, is that something that needs to be added?

EDIT 2: What is the consensus for Diddy's hardest MUs now? When I left, it was Marth, Peach, and Luigi, and Falco was just irritating.

EDIT 3: Hell, has the Brawl meta itself shifted at all in the past 3-4 months? Has anything been discovered for other characters that I need to be worried about?

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
I can only answer the first edit, i think what he means by 'pivot smash' is sutter stepping, something that prolly is in the kongpendium ;)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I can only answer the first edit, i think what he means by 'pivot smash' is sutter stepping, something that prolly is in the kongpendium ;)
I wouldn't think it's Stutter Stepping from the way he talked about it; Diddy's Stutter Step doesn't add very much range, and I think he's using D-Smash (not F-Smash, AKA it can't be Stutter Stepping so far as I'm aware).

tibs7

Smash Champion
Against ic's use side b when you have a banana in hand it's pretty **** otherwise just camp them and make them come to you.
Dunno oli too well :/

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
1. Run towards Falco and use your slide as he uses his reflector. Diddy's slide will go under the reflector (just don't get so close that he can grab you if he ends up not reflecting).

2. Here is a little trick you guys can use if you team with Falco. Charge your barrels and have the Falco reflector you. Diddy's barrels will shoot out but they will never damage Falco (but they can hit Diddy although the only way this can happen is if the Diddy is intentionally trying to get hit by them). If they hit the enemy, they will do 48% and can kill at percentages as low as 40%!!!

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
IC's are easy i beat cheese all the time. just stay on platforms and wait for cheese to attack you with really laggy aerials. then you can grab popo, throw him away, and **** his nana. then he'll try to save nana, and you gimp popo. If you keep repeating this process, you'll beat him no problem (but he'll call his deaths SD's). It's really easy/funny. I suggest you all try it.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom