• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
the first time there was a good amount of people im gonna advertise it around my town so there should be a decent amount coming to this

Sgt. Conan

Smash Journeyman
So yes my tourney is on Thursday, who all is coming? If we can't get enough people, I don't want to have to turn it into a smashfest, which will be fun and we can run money mtaches, just I don't want to dissapoint people.

Sgt. Conan

Smash Journeyman
Well we have XtacyfalcoX, so 3-4 there, a few of my friends, so 2-4 more, vidjo is coming with 3-4 people I guess. So that is 7-12 people right now confirmed, minus the Toledo crew and no word from Vidjo on them. And depending on if Drephen comes with people or not and a few other maybes we might have anywhere from 12-20 people. I'm hoping to have a lot more than that and trying to get a hold of everyone I can at the moment.

So spread the word, gogogogogogogo!!!

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
hey people theres a tourny in wooster if anyones interested so go and check out the thread for it. its called wooster ohio tourny

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Ok.

To anyone trying to host a tourney:

The key to a successful tourney is local interest.
Make one post on the boards, and people will come. People on the boards wont be skeptical of coming. Advertise all over your community. These are the people that will go the more they hear about it. We on the boards only need to hear about it once. You'd be surprised how many locals you have that play if you just advertise. I wouldnt be surprised if we could get a good 32+ bracket going if people only did this.

Ahhh, do you have a friggen phone now or something? I'll try to manage to keep tabs on you so we can go to one and pretty soon I'll be driving you anyways since the only thing I need to do is take that test and BAM got the lincease.

Hzrd

Smash Cadet
we have tournys at my college, but it usually 2v2s and team attack is off which is gay and no one will drive to portsmouth to play in a free tourny with nothing on the line. we usually get about 24 teams in but really everyone sucks other than the group of people i play with. so its kind of like boring to play them but hey its smash and that is all that matters.

Hzrd

Smash Cadet
its at Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio. We just held on the 7th of October. i was trying to get another one going in November but.. idk what is going on with that one. if not it will be in January when winter break is done and what not. its nothing big. usually there are only about 5 good teams, if that. we had 24 show last time and 8 not show. i'll keep u updated and what not. its a free thing so no money is up for grabs or anything.

All right. I'm just looking for some new people to go against. I haven't had anykind of competetion for a long time. I just been training people to get better mainly. Thanks for keeping me updated.

Hzrd

Smash Cadet
whens the next one, or are you unsure? well let me know when it is
its probably going to be in January. Like i said its nothing HUGH but its all for fun. there is no money or anything. its just some good 2v2's (or so to say).

How far are u guys from Portsmouth? or Hamilton, cause i am hoping to hit up game junkies tourny when they have the next one. maybe if u all want to go to there we could meet up and play some smash and what not.

Top Bottom