• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

FunkDocOH

Smash Cadet
I Live in Lakewood, and smash it up all the time with my friends.... too bad it's at school though. I'd love to play other people. We need to coordinate a NE Ohio Smash tournament.

Frodo T-Baggins

Smash Rookie
Yeah i live near Lima Ohio and we have about four really good smashers and 1 really awesome smasher.
We are in if somebody has it.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
The COK was big, awesome, sweet, hot... and kinda hard to find (for my awful navigating skills, any way). I had to ask Watty for directions, like, three times. But once I found the COK, boy was it ever worth it...

I just hope I can find another COK to play with soon... otherwise, I could become very lonely.

Black_Angel1

Smash Cadet
Hey,
just thought that i would introduce myself. my name's shoe and ima alcohalic, nah JK.
im not too great at smash cause i dont know anyone who will smash againsted me in the columbus area.
can anyone help me out?

Gelton

Smash Apprentice
Yeah

I live about 40 mins from columbus and Im down for smash ANYTIME :) Ill bring friends.

Qkummbr

Smash Rookie
Hey i'm new and i just recently got into SSBM. I was thinking about going to my first tournament at Game Junkie in West Chester since I live in Mason. Can anybody tell me if the people there that play very competitive?

mathos

Smash Champion
yea a lot of competitive ppl go to game junkie for some reason. Last time we had the biggest outcome of competitive smashers.

Gelton

Smash Apprentice
werd

If anyone is just looking for some casual smash, hit me up! its gets boring playing against all the same people every day.

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
If there are any future Ohio Smashes hit me up on

AIM : SupaSonic01sa2

Me and my partner would love to get some quality smashing in besides smashing our own faces in all the time. Hopefully there will be one soon, and I look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Impp

Smash Ace
I'm looking for smashfests and tournaments in North East Ohio. It'd be great if someone could post any updates of when and where some stuff is happening in this thread. I'm having a hard time going through this site.

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
I heard rumors of a smash tournament taking place April 30th in Elyria. I think it's supposed to part of some anime convention or something. Anyone heard anything about this?

Hzrd

Smash Cadet
Malificent, i live in Hamilton, Ohio (but while in college i live in Portsmouth,Ohio). Hamilton is about 40 mins from Dayton, Ohio. If u ever come down to West Chester there is a place called Game Junkie where there hold smash and other game consol tournys. Maybe some time i'll see u down at GJ and what not. U can add me to your list on aim so we can talk bout smash and whatnot

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
Hzrd said:
Malificent, i live in Hamilton, Ohio (but while in college i live in Portsmouth,Ohio). Hamilton is about 40 mins from Dayton, Ohio. If u ever come down to West Chester there is a place called Game Junkie where there hold smash and other game consol tournys. Maybe some time i'll see u down at GJ and what not. U can add me to your list on aim so we can talk bout smash and whatnot

Thanks for the Information, yea me and my buddy will Def. hit it up on aim and what not...

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Impp said:
I'm looking for smashfests and tournaments in North East Ohio. It'd be great if someone could post any updates of when and where some stuff is happening in this thread. I'm having a hard time going through this site.
There's a crew of us right here in Elyria. Feel free to contact us either through PMs or AIM and we can try to set up some smashfests or something.

And somebody mentioned a tournament up here at an Anime Convention. I assume you're talking about HaruCon, which is at a college very near to here. It shouldn't be anything too big though; last year 1st place got a manga. Not really anything worth travelling for.

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
Omnigamer said:
It shouldn't be anything too big though; last year 1st place got a manga. Not really anything worth travelling for.
That maybe true but the tounry EXp. is better than what most people get, So I might hit it up just for some Tourny EXP against other players instead of the same 4 people I always play with..

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Even if you're going for experience, you won't get a wide sample of competitive players. To my knowledge, only Pyro is going, with Vidjo and myself busy elsewhere during that time.

Top Bottom