• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Ok, I was just wondering cause this is the second place person you're talking tobut on the flip side on that tournament I can bring a couple of freinds with me also prob two at most.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
Well im think that im gonna need more then two people. Some of my friends that play wont come due to the fact that I beat them all the time..... so i only have like like maybe two that would come.Do you know that corydonn person? But anyways i might get some of my vids up yay!!!! wooooooooooooo :chuckle:

I think I know who Corydonn guyis. Next time you're in town and around Gamecrazy ask the manager. I think thats who it is. The manager is tbe only guy that works their with glasses. If thats not him that I have no idea. LOL. For you're freinds not beating you, they should just come for the fun of it cause I know I'm looking for another rematch agaisnt you. I guess the only other thing you could do about this tournament is ask them if they can somehow get the word spreaded around and just look for places were you could post something up about it. Thats all I can think of. I really do hope that this will pull throught cause it would be nice going to another tournament. Good Liuck.

What character will you use in your vids? I also wouldn't mind taking a glimpse of them too. ^_^

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
I live in town. I live down by the herohouse and by where the old collection conection use to be if you know where that is. yeah anyways you can help me spread the tournment around and see if people will come.you should tell me where you live so maybe I could come over and we could play smash. and for my vid i was thinking peach maybe falco or shiek. and i dont think that corydonn works at game crazy cause i played him and he wasnt wereing a gamecrazy shirt.

Ya, I know what part of town that is. I'll help to have the tournament get reconzied. I'll send you a PM to tell you were I live. I really thought he worked there. I'll try to PM him and see if I can get his attention also.

I think that vid will come out pretty well. ^_^

Corydonn

Smash Rookie
Sure I can attend it. I can also bring the Sheik that got third. I have to admit he was playing stupid in the rematch... I couldn't count how many times he rolled into your down C.

Is it Uncle Eric's Comic Shop that you are planning the tournement?

R

robert9901

New to the boards, but myself and about 4 friends in the Canton area have been looking for Smash tourneys that are local. If this was going to be in the Wooster area, we would love to attend. Just let us know a time and place.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
the name of the place is gamers ink entry fee will be like $5 or something like that i need to talk to the owner more about setting up a date but ill let you guys know as soon as i get a date. if there are any questions just send me a pm

Corydonn

Smash Rookie
XtacyfalcoX said:
if the tourny does happen we will need people to bring some cubes and tvs if possible and it would be very appercated
I could bring my cube and Mitch might be back from Florida so that is two PAL version SSBMs 8 controllers + and maybe a TV.

Sliq

Smash Master
I might be able to go to the wooster tourney, considering I livei n East Canton. I may be willing to bring a tv and a gcn with smash.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
thats good the more the better. im gonna have to ask you to put your name on the stuff that you guys bring so we dont get every thing mixed up.

Corydonn

Smash Rookie
Both would be fun... You can tell my controllers apart from the paint disintegrating off the bottoms.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
well it would be better if you get like a piece if masking tape or something like that and put it on your cord with your name on it.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
₪ All tournaments will be double elimination
₪ Four (4) stock
₪ 8(8) minute time limit
₪ Players may select any character for the first match. Once a player has placed his/her coin on a character’s icon to select it, they may not change characters. If character selection takes longer than one (1) minute it will revert to AUTOMATIC double blind pick (see note). Double blind pick may also be called when the players first sit down. After the first match, the winner(s) of the previous match may elect to change his/her character FIRST, then the loser(s) may elect to change his/her character SECOND. This continues for 3rd, 4th, or 5th matches.
:NOTE: Double blind pick means both players will whisper their character selection to a tournament official and he/she will ensure they select those characters.
₪ All stages will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection
₪ Stage Strike Rule - Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ Items will be turned OFF
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a tournament official). Likewise, controller modifications are banned. If you are caught using a modded controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.

SINGLES (1v1) SPECIAL RULES

₪ Semi-Finals (winner's and loser's) will also be best of five (5) matches
₪ Random Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of time limit, the winner will FIRST be decided by which player has the lowest percentage. If percentages are the same, players will follow the tie breaking rules stated above in the General Rules section.

and no controller mods of any kind you guys should know what im talking about

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
well it depends how many people want a double tourny cause it would most likely $10 a team or something but if people want a doubles just post and say that you want one

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
Alright I got a date set up the tourny will happen july 8th. we will have a doubles depending how many people show. if we have a doubles tourny then doubles will start at 12am and singles will start depending on how long the doubles take so ill say about 2pm. The address to the place is 133 North Bever st. It is called Gamers Ink. So ill see you guys here. $5 single $10 doubles

R

robert9901

Are you still in need of GCs or TVs? This place is in Wooster correct?

R

robert9901

I have 4 people who are sounding pretty definate, with about another 3 or 4 probables. I'm sure we could bring one GC and maybe a TV

Solid

Smash Rookie
vince i might b able to bring a tv but not my bigg one... oh yea me n mouse iz still workinn on tha strat 2 beat urs

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
If you guys haven't checked it out yet, MELEE-FC is the biggest tournament in the country and you all should come. ^_^

If you want more information, PM me or go to www.meleefc.com. Then if you want to come, sign up at the website!

Perfect Legend

Smash Rookie
Hey guys that last tournament "brawl in the poolhall" wasn't my tournament I was just helping promote and run it, but I would like to apologize because I think bitp was badly ran and I for now on will be hosting my own tournaments.

With that said I will be holding a tournament on the 29th of July and I will have the venue up soon for it so if you can make it out that will be great!

Thanks.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
XtacyfalcoX said:
Alright I got a date set up the tourny will happen july 8th. we will have a doubles depending how many people show. if we have a doubles tourny then doubles will start at 12am and singles will start depending on how long the doubles take so ill say about 2pm. The address to the place is 133 North Bever st. It is called Gamers Ink. So ill see you guys here. $5 single $10 doubles
So, this tournament is next Saturday? I might be interested in coming with a few friends. How many people do you think are gonna show up to it? And it's still singles + doubles? Let me know. Thanks.

Top Bottom