• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Zero Suit Samus Discussion

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Even without her suit, Samus is still supposed to have above-average speed and agility, so there's no reason why she wouldn't be able to hold her own in standard melee combat (as long as her opposition isn't a race of battle-hardened armored insectoids with laser cannons). But her power suit is supposed to amplify those attributes even further, in addition to being armed. I just don't want to see ZSS overshadowing regular Samus in the way that Sheik overshadows Zelda now. It would destroy the whole feel of the character.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Alot of you are saying that Samus is powerless and weak without her suit. Well, why would Sakurai make a "ZERO SUIT" Samus character if she was just going to be useless? Obviously Sakurai isn't going to make ZSS disgustingly weak. Heck, he might not even make her even the TINIEST bit weaker than Samus.
Imo, ZSS will be a whole new character, with a whole new moveset, and she won't be able to be KO with just one hit because she's "Powe Suit-less" . She'll just be a normal, average character.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Exactly what I was thinking Wyvern, 'cept I can't use big fancy words like that 'cause I'm a hick.

I think Zamus should be worse than Samus, and the transformation act as a sort of punishment for using an overpowered move or something.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I wasn't saying she would be weaker.

I was saying it would make sense as a punishment and would be weaker without the suit.

But they won't purposly make a character weaker than all the other ones. So.. seperate character.. no weaker than Samus, just a different feel. It will make people want to use her out of the "Sex Appeal" factor.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Alot of you are saying that Samus is powerless and weak without her suit. Well, why would Sakurai make a "ZERO SUIT" Samus character if she was just going to be useless? Obviously Sakurai isn't going to make ZSS disgustingly weak. Heck, he might not even make her even the TINIEST bit weaker than Samus.
Imo, ZSS will be a whole new character, with a whole new moveset, and she won't be able to be KO with just one hit because she's "Powe Suit-less" . She'll just be a normal, average character.
I'm not saying that Zero Suit Samus needs to be hopelessly inept, but the whole reason Samus wears the power suit in the first place is because it's supposed to make her stronger. For most Metroid fans, ZSS being stronger than regular Samus would be like...if Link had a move that made him throw away his Master Sword and all his items and just start punching people in the face with his bare hands, and he rose the tiers because of it. It wouldn't make sense, and it wouldn't do justice to the character.

So.. seperate character.. no weaker than Samus, just a different feel. It will make people want to use her out of the "Sex Appeal" factor.
That's the worst part of the whole mess, really. Samus is pretty much the only female character in the history of gaming who was designed without any regard whatsoever to gender stereotypes or fanservice towards what is unfortunately a male-dominated audience. That's why I respect her so much as a character, and it kills me to see people screwing it up.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha yeah... Zelda wasn't much of a looker in Melee (Though she is now ^^)...

But yeah.. I mostly want to use her as secondary because she can pwn without her suit. Its like making Halo be able to play the Master Chief without the MJOLNIR and pwning with him all the same.

Whatever.. doesn't matter much to me around that topic.. I'm a Furry (see below)

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
ZSS double jumps over a platform, PAUSES in mid-air for a split second, and then fastfalls.
The following is being said w/o reading the 66+ pages of this topic.

She doesn't fast fall, she does a sharp kick and shoots straight downward, I'm hoping its her Dair, (though it resembles CF's Falcon Kick) because she deserves a better vB.

Also, Rocket Boots as her ^B ftw.

EDIT: Also,

Lol furries

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i say that zamus transforms into zamus using the fs but not like a giga transformation

i think that samus's fs will be the overload cannon firing an immensely large charge shot/laser
across the screen

this would overload and break her suit which falls off making you play zamus until the rest of the match

therefore i think that zamus is not the fs but a result of the fs
i know it was straight from the trailer and it was fairly obvious but

ownage

Shuma

Smash Hero

I don't like this. So what if you turn items off? so what if you get the item accidentaly? Huh? this is stupid... but meh.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
i know it was straight from the trailer and it was fairly obvious but

ownage
Oh dear lord..... This is gonna get ugly in just a few... I wasn't expecting that to happen... Looks like everyones analysis was wrong about the whole glowing eyes and on fire thing.. But wow... oh well I don't use Samus..

Fawriel

Smash Master
Let me start by saying that it's not guaranteed that this means Zamus won't be selectable on her own.
It's quite possible that Zamus is supposed to be the "downside" of the FS, maybe in order to throw off the game of the player by making him play a character he's not used to.

It could also automatically unlock her character slot.
And there's always the possibility of instant transform by keeping A pressed.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sakurai told kids Zsam was samus since the original brawl site was up. Don't want to say I told you so, so I'll say Sakuai did.
I'm not disappointed in the slightest, but I'm interested in seeing how the competitive smash community is going to handle items once brawl comes out now more than ever.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Well, it looks as if all the predictions are true. Unfortunately, Samus' FS DOES transform her into ZSS. I'm just praying to God that ZSS isn't weak, because Zelda is owning her in that picture. I seriously hope she's as good as Sheik, because ZSS reminds of a Sheik type character.
Also, could this mean that you can't turn the Final Smash off? Because if you can turn items off, and the Smash Ball is included, then that means ZSS is no longer playable.
Big discussions in the General Brawl about this.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wait a second...if you can only use the FS once per match and you use it as Samus, are you ZSS for the rest of the match? Or once you die do you become regular Samus and that's it for ZSS for the rest of the match?

Edit: Sorry for double post. I thought the posts were coming in quick considering 4 people posted while I was typing my first one.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Sakurai told kids Zsam was samus since the original brawl site was up. Don't want to say I told you so, so I'll say sakuair did.
I'm not disappointed in the slightest, but I'm interested in seeing how the competitive smash community is going to handle items once brawl comes out now more than ever.
Yeah... I'm not very affected since I didn't play Samus in a long time.. But its something else we have to get used to I guess. But the thing is.. if it is a hold A thing.. ZSS would have to have her own FS.

And if that is so.. is there more than one FS in one match?

Shuma

Smash Hero
meh... i'm not really pissed, just don't pick the Smash Ball and try to dodge the FS of the other char...

No... this IS stupid.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
yeah, I imagine the whole "pushing A" thing will be an option to start off as Zamus... anyone want to start speculating on what Zamus' final smash would be if you start off as her instead of Suited Samus?
I'd say something like... she gets enveloped into a huge ball of light so you can't see her clearly, just a silhouette of her suit reforming around her... and the energy greatly damages those around her.

And I gotta say... being able to throw the power suit pieces around is hilarious! Maybe they're really powerful throwing items (a bunch of hammer heads) to add to the final smash's greatness.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
yeah, I imagine the whole "pushing A" thing will be an option to start off as Zamus... anyone want to start speculating on what Zamus' final smash would be if you start off as her instead of Suited Samus?
I'd say something like... she gets enveloped into a huge ball of light so you can't see her clearly, just a silhouette of her suit reforming around her... and the energy greatly damages those around her.

And I gotta say... being able to throw the power suit pieces around is hilarious! Maybe they're really powerful throwing items (a bunch of hammer heads) to add to the final smash's greatness.
lol if they were as hard as the hammer heads that would be clean

Shuma

Smash Hero
Meh... thinking about it. I actally like the FS thing, it gives Samus more variety... variety is good.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm not gonna say I told you so also..

About 75% right for me.. Two catergories.. Actual Final Smash, and after effects.
I got the move correct (Yay?...) but I was suprised with the transformation. Didn't expect that to happen, but I was neutral with it.

Sakurai said he was going for balance and if he thinks this is a way to do it. Then I trust him and support it, everyone else can do whatever they want.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
So the mystery of Zero Suit Samus is solved? I had a feeling it would have to be a change that you undergo during battle. Kinda funny how you can just throw what is left of her power suit around like scrap metal however.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
So the mystery of Zero Suit Samus is solved? I had a feeling it would have to be a change that you undergo during battle. Kinda funny how you can just throw what is left of her power suit around like scrap metal however.
No, it simply opened up a few more questions that NEED to be answered... Every solved problem creates a few more..

Edit: Or... maybe I didn't read the last page..

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yeah, that's actually really interesting.

If I can manage to KO Samus with her own leg, I will roffle my waffles.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Not really, i'm a Samus player and this doesn't scre anything, don't get the Smash Ball... simple.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Ya know, I was "meh" on this before but now I like it (^_^).

One thing that screwed Zelda over was the fact that people used Sheik WAY more and never really needed to learn Zelda because of how easy it is to change. This way you have to learn how to be good with BOTH characters if you want to be good with either at any given momment in the fight (If you use Smash ball items that is).

I wanted to main Zero so I guess I have to learn Samus as well once I get the game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Not really, i'm a Samus player and this doesn't scre anything, don't get the Smash Ball... simple.
So....allow someone else to get it and own you? Someone else is going to get it if you don't, you know.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Exactly that too.. if its an item.. turn it off and its all fair..

If you do use a FS.. You just pwned them into oblivion, changing into ZSS shouldn't be that bad.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Did you see that Zero Laser!? That move looks like it will **** and instant KO people. LOL at throwing the power suit at people after blowing them away with it. I don't think zero suit samus will suck as bad as you as think. You see her moves in the trailers...? She looks faster to me. Also what do you think ZSS will get for a final smash if she gets one?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Okay.
Whoever else is convinced that you can transform into Zamus by keeping A held at the start of the match, feel free to copy this image into your sig.

Because people apparently don't like reading text.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Arrrrgggh. I wanted a ZSS update to clear this up once and for all, now its just thrown up more rampant speculation:mad:
I'd have prefered Samus and ZSS to be seperate, but meh, this is fine, it could work well. It doesn't 100% rule out ZSS being an unlockable character anyway (although I'm probably clutching at straws there)

Top Bottom