• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Zero Suit Samus Discussion

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Of course, the same as having all the 4 Pokemon have a fight. Have Young/Regular Link have a battle. And Mario vs. Luigi.. it all makes sense.. I like ZZS' different weapons from that one gun.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Zamus isn't a transformation, since she is a newcomer we can assume she is a separate character, and since she isn't mentioned in Samus's Profile... well.

And she doesn't have a Profile in the Dojo site, so i assume, she is a Secret Character, along with Metaknight and Snake.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Unless something has changed over the past year, we know for a fact that ZSS is some sort of transformation. In her original profile on the old Dojo site (before it was upgraded into what it is now), it explicitly said that Samus removes her power suit "under certain conditions". Now, if only it could have hinted at what the conditions actually were...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Unless something has changed over the past year, we know for a fact that ZSS is some sort of transformation. In her original profile on the old Dojo site (before it was upgraded into what it is now), it explicitly said that Samus removes her power suit "under certain conditions". Now, if only it could have hinted at what the conditions actually were...
Heh, those "Certain Conditions" wouldn't be a combination of buttons right?

But those "Certain Conditions" could also be speaking for.. something like 400 vs matches played or some random single player thing right? Just like how you unlock the secret characters in Melee.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I really hope you can't just arbitrarily transform back and forth like with Zelda/Sheik. Samus willingly discarding her Power Suit just wouldn't make any sense at all...plus it would suck for Samus to lose her bomb-jump recovery.

It seems like the Final Smash wouldn't be the only ordinary way to transform, since it would be so infrequent. My latest theory is that the move Samus performs in the original trailer isn't her Final Smash, but something else. What if it was possible for her to, at any time, overcharge the arm cannon into an incredibly powerful blast, which then temporarily costs her her Power Suit? It might make sense...with crawling and the new faster dodges, projectile spamming won't be quite what it used to be. Maybe they figured that Samus needed a little extra kick to keep her position as projectile master, but without overpowering her. Mix in some option to permanently play as ZSS via a simple code like you can currently do with Sheik and it seems like it could work reasonably well.

Of course, it's equally possible that the blast in the trailer was pre-rendered nonsense and I'm just babbling over nothing. But then again, who wouldn't have thought the same about Wario's motorcycle at first?
That's probably the best theory I've heard so far. I have nothing else to say because I completely agree with all of that.

Yeh I agree with OnyxVulpine, that awesome shot was either: 1. Samus' Final Smash...just without seeing her grab the Smash Ball and glow
OR
2. Just a little something Sakurai put in to make it interesting

And Wyvern I agree with what you said about the bomb jump recovery. I use the bombs quite often as a retreat tech when playing as Samus, AND a recovery. So if Samus used her Down Special to transform into ZSS, would the bombs be a different move or would they be gone?
But this also leads into the debate whether Samus and ZSS transform into eachother VIA buttons (NOT THE FINAL SMASH), or if they're 2 seperate chars. From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure they're to seperate characters. After all, we do have to seperate character profiles don't we?
That would be a lame a** Final Smash, and you'd have to play as Zamus afterwards, even if you don't want to. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I just don't see that being her final smash.

Your second theory is entirely possible. The transformation might not have anything to do with the charge shot at all.

Transformation at will during a match doesn't make any sense. How could she just remove her power suit at will? It's practically a part of her, which is why the surgeons couldn't remove it all in Metroid: Fusion.

Ah yeah.. I forgot about Dark Samus.. I never played the game so I don't know what roll D.S. had in the game so I don't know if her transforming into D.S. would be good and make sense.. Until someone comes a long and explains it to me I'm staying in the FS = Big Blast side.
Dark Samus and Samus are completely different people. Dark Samus is a mutated Metroid (Metroid Prime) that stole Samus' Phazon Suit at the end of Metroid Prime, and took on the form of Samus. So, that's impossible.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Transformation at will during a match doesn't make any sense. How could she just remove her power suit at will? It's practically a part of her, which is why the surgeons couldn't remove it all in Metroid: Fusion.
Forgive me if this is a little off-topic, but I feel pressured to clear this up since information about Samus is so scarce to begin with.

Samus's power suit does merge with her nervous system and whatnot when she's wearing it, making it more like a second skin than a distinct suit of armor. However, she's fully capable of removing it...it's not like she wears it all the time when she's not on a mission. However, it presumably requires a conscious cue from her mind to be able to safely remove it, which is why the surgeons in Fusion had so much trouble removing it while she was unconscious.

Samus deliberately removing her power suit on purpose on the middle of battle is still completely asinine, though. There would be no benefit to it whatsoever. I mean, has anyone here actually played Metroid: Zero Mission? Zero Suit Samus's primary abilities are screaming and bleeding. That's why I'm trying to figure out a way for the transformation to be played off as a negative side effect.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Forgive me if this is a little off-topic, but I feel pressured to clear this up since information about Samus is so scarce to begin with.

Samus's power suit does merge with her nervous system and whatnot when she's wearing it, making it more like a second skin than a distinct suit of armor. However, she's fully capable of removing it...it's not like she wears it all the time when she's not on a mission. However, it presumably requires a conscious cue from her mind to be able to safely remove it, which is why the surgeons in Fusion had so much trouble removing it while she was unconscious.

Samus deliberately removing her power suit on purpose on the middle of battle is still completely asinine, though. There would be no benefit to it whatsoever. I mean, has anyone here actually played Metroid: Zero Mission? Zero Suit Samus's primary abilities are screaming and bleeding. That's why I'm trying to figure out a way for the transformation to be played off as a negative side effect.
You're right, thanks for clarifying. Sorry for sounding like such a douche, I was cranky this morning XD.

Maybe if her damage gets too high or something? I dunno...

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman

maybe u dint wach da trailr...but...the gun. its her gun. she can also punch and kick just like mario can even tho all he does is jump on pplz. ur not thinkin outside da b0x. seriously...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i say that zamus transforms into zamus using the fs but not like a giga transformation

i think that samus's fs will be the overload cannon firing an immensely large charge shot/laser
across the screen

this would overload and break her suit which falls off making you play zamus until the rest of the match

therefore i think that zamus is not the fs but a result of the fs

Caael

Smash Lord
I'm starting to think ( and hope) that Zamus is a different character. Replacing her bomb jump would suck, as Wyvern has said, her final smash wouldn't make her just lose her VARIA suit like that.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
We really need an update to sort out this 'does Samus transform or not' malarky up right now. This endless speculation is driving me nuts.

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
ok..........she's UBER L33T?

I seriously searched for this guys. I could only find a thread saying how to use Samus, and a thread saying "Females For Brawl" . I couldn't find anything that was solely on ZSS though. BUT, if you are able to find one, post the link here please.

Anyways, I would like to discuss ZSS. Her look, what we've seen of her moves, the "TRANSFORMATION OR NOT" debate, anything on ZSS you can think of.

To break the ice, I'll start with something I noticed while watching the November 2006 Brawl video on www.supersmashbros.com . Near the end (the last scene before it flashes "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" and shows Fox) ZSS double jumps over a platform, PAUSES in mid-air for a split second, and then fastfalls. I replayed this about SIX times and still, all I can think of is "WTF?! :confused: ".

Discuss ZSS anyone?
All I know is that she will own. Brawl is jam-packed with UBER L33T goodness!
'Nuff said. the name is Kakashi-dono.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
its called the power suit cuz its the ONLY suit she uses. also, her suit is just transformations...ooh what if she has the ability to CHANGE her suit to change her speed and power? or even to change her *gasp*! her...BEAM?!?

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
Good FS suggestion

i say that zamus transforms into zamus using the fs but not like a giga transformation

i think that samus's fs will be the overload cannon firing an immensely large charge shot/laser
across the screen

this would overload and break her suit which falls off making you play zamus until the rest of the match

therefore i think that zamus is not the fs but a result of the fs
Good idea! I seriously support this idea. All who disagree should hav some better idea than
this. Otherwise, shaddup! the name is Kakashi-dono.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
...thats not his idea. in fact, that happens in the trailer. obviously thats how its gonna be. u can also start as zero suit, grab a smash ball, transform into power suit. smash your final smash, and then end up as power suit samus.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Good idea! I seriously support this idea. All who disagree should hav some better idea than
this. Otherwise, shaddup! the name is Kakashi-dono.
...thats not his idea. in fact, that happens in the trailer. obviously thats how its gonna be. u can also start as zero suit, grab a smash ball, transform into power suit. smash your final smash, and then end up as power suit samus.
*sigh*

Both of you.... are stupid.

Kakasdkjfal - donoanlaj, that happens in the trailer, it's not an idea. Besides, that has got to be the lamest final smash in the game, if it is indeed her final smash.

Lord Kirby, you haven't played the game....

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
are you me?

no

do you know what i do?

no

can you tell me i cant know anything about nintendo?

no

are you god?

NO

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Does Lord Kirby know anything?

No.

Has he ever played any of the games he's dogging on?

No.

Is he even trying to make a legitimate contribution to any of the threads?

No.

Should we even respond to anything he says?

No.

Does he have a clue?

No.

Is he a troll/moron?

Yes -- haha, mindgamed ya, there!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Are you most likely a prepubescent eleven year old douche who thinks he knows everything about the game because he's most likely an N-Sider?

Yes.

Seriously, if you know something no one else does about the game, do tell. I'd be delighted to her it.

OMG I can edit posts!

LOL at grim,

MINDGAMES SON!

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
who said i was with americans? no. its better than that.

if sakurai wants to tell you, ill let him tell you. i dont want to "spoil anything".

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
lol thats funny. yea in his cpu said,"i am Sakurai" this is the samus discussion. dont spam about other things in here.

n e ways, a final smash like that would be powerful! she could blast someone away doing that! free kills there.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
lol thats funny. yea in his cpu said,"i am Sakurai" this is the samus discussion. dont spam about other things in here.

n e ways, a final smash like that would be powerful! she could blast someone away doing that! free kills there.
Could? Would?

Sooo.... You really don't know what her final smash is like? Meaning you really don't know everything about the game?

And you say you're not American, however, you speak/type decent English. Hmmm...

You're an N-Sider.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Could? Would?

Sooo.... You really don't know what her final smash is like? Meaning you really don't know everything about the game?

And you say you're not American, however, you speak/type decent English. Hmmm...

You're an N-Sider.
i said would cuz she didnt final smash yet.

again, im not with americans. it better than that.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
So... Could anybody tell me what differences are to be found in Zero Mission while Samus is in the Zero Suit? And I am not looking for answers like "she dies a lot" or "screaming and bleeding", I'm looking to find out what the Zero Suit can do in that game, so that I may have a better understanding. Along those same lines, could someone inform me as to exactly how Samus ends up losing her Power/Varia/Gravity/Whatever suit at the near-end of Zero Mission (please do not flame me for that little remark about the suits there. I am, in fact, a Metroid fan. I just am kinda... working backwards. Prime got me hooked and Super Metroid hooked me more).

As for how Samus will transform. Well, until I know how she loses her bigger suit in ZM, this is all ignorant speculation, but I've sort of got the idea of adding a bigger power level to her Charge Beam, call it sort of an "overload" level, which will be accompanied by warning signs before you get that far, and if she fires it at that level, her Suit overloads and she becomes Zamus for a short time. At least, that's my random speculation. The overload level does not have to be reached, and you can simply go to Samus' original highest level before reaching it, so playing with Samus doesn't have to change for people who do not want to have to go into ZS form.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
So... Could anybody tell me what differences are to be found in Zero Mission while Samus is in the Zero Suit? And I am not looking for answers like "she dies a lot" or "screaming and bleeding", I'm looking to find out what the Zero Suit can do in that game, so that I may have a better understanding. Along those same lines, could someone inform me as to exactly how Samus ends up losing her Power/Varia/Gravity/Whatever suit at the near-end of Zero Mission (please do not flame me for that little remark about the suits there. I am, in fact, a Metroid fan. I just am kinda... working backwards. Prime got me hooked and Super Metroid hooked me more).

As for how Samus will transform. Well, until I know how she loses her bigger suit in ZM, this is all ignorant speculation, but I've sort of got the idea of adding a bigger power level to her Charge Beam, call it sort of an "overload" level, which will be accompanied by warning signs before you get that far, and if she fires it at that level, her Suit overloads and she becomes Zamus for a short time. At least, that's my random speculation. The overload level does not have to be reached, and you can simply go to Samus' original highest level before reaching it, so playing with Samus doesn't have to change for people who do not want to have to go into ZS form.
After she defeats the Mother Brain, she escapes to the surface of the planet and attempts to fly away in her ship. However, the Space Pirates shoot her down. Upon crashing, her suit is damaged so badly that she "loses" it. Then she has to infiltrate the Space Pirate mother ship to find another way to escape. She takes a Galactic Federation Pistol with her. The pistol can only stun enemies, and in between shots, it has to charge. She later finds a Chozo statue she visited when she was younger. A "ghost" comes out of the statue and attacks her. When she defeats it, she regains her suit at full power.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
"she dies alot" lol. whoever said that meant that he/she said "i suck at metroid alot". she does have that gun.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
....and how do you know?

She could very easily be the worst character in the game, as punishment for destroying your suit (or however the change is activated, which will most likely be self inflicted).

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
So... Could anybody tell me what differences are to be found in Zero Mission while Samus is in the Zero Suit? And I am not looking for answers like "she dies a lot" or "screaming and bleeding", I'm looking to find out what the Zero Suit can do in that game, so that I may have a better understanding.
As Gypsy Lee said, pretty much the only thing she has is the little stun pistol. Her defense goes way down, and every hit takes off a full energy tank (you keep the same number of energy tanks you had before...don't question it!). She isn't any faster or more agile (aside from being able to grab onto ledges...but she can do that while armored too, as long as she has the right upgrade for it). There are no advantages to it whatsoever. That whole portion of the game is stealth-based...you try to avoid the Space Pirates in the base, and if you get spotted, you need to run away until you can get a room or two ahead of the one chasing you, and then find a shadow to hide in. Until you find your new fully-upgraded power suit, that is. Then you get to tear through the base as a whirling dervish of pure destruction. And it feels really liberating. So basically, Zero Suit Samus's moveset is going to be designed from scratch.

I kind of hope they DO deliberately make Zero Suit Samus suck compared to her armored persona. Not quite as much as in Zero Mission, of course, but I would die a little inside if I saw everyone picking Samus just to throw off the armor. I have a bad feeling she's going to wind up getting screwed, though. I mean, regular suited Samus has already had to be scaled down from "destroyer of worlds" levels of power to "standard adversary"...and logically speaking, even without the suit, she should technically be able to perform at a level slightly above that of an average human (since she's infused with Chozo blood and all). So unless Zero Suit Samus is the lowest of the low tiers (and I don't see that happening any time soon, since she seems to be the new Sheik in terms of fighting style), there's going to be a good chance that she'll be as strong or stronger than she was when she was armored. After all, Sakurai's track record of balancing fast characters is...less than stellar so far. Let's hope it changes for Brawl...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Good Wyvern.. I never thought of it like that... Her FS could indeed change her into ZSS but as a penalty she would be a bit weaker.. I don't support the idea of it, though it would make sense.

I haven't played any Metroid game through so I can't say from a point of actual knowledge of Samus. But she still seems very agile and dangerous even without her suit. She may have a blaster and a beam sword (not sure what its capable of) but its not as versatile as her cannon that can shoot a grappling beam, fire, missles, and her common beams.

Top Bottom