• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Zero Suit Samus Discussion

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I seriously searched for this guys. I could only find a thread saying how to use Samus, and a thread saying "Females For Brawl" . I couldn't find anything that was solely on ZSS though. BUT, if you are able to find one, post the link here please.

Anyways, I would like to discuss ZSS. Her look, what we've seen of her moves, the "TRANSFORMATION OR NOT" debate, anything on ZSS you can think of.

To break the ice, I'll start with something I noticed while watching the November 2006 Brawl video on www.supersmashbros.com . Near the end (the last scene before it flashes "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" and shows Fox) ZSS double jumps over a platform, PAUSES in mid-air for a split second, and then fastfalls. I replayed this about SIX times and still, all I can think of is "WTF?! :confused: ".

Discuss ZSS anyone?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Wonder her move set, all I can think about is Haloid and all the stuff she did in there.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well this form of her is a newcomer. Entirely new moveset and look so.. Newcomer I guess.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
im actually looking forward to playing samus and seeing how this suit comes into play, which brings up another question, will they include more of samus's suits into the game as alternate form of the character. will we be able to play as samus in her fuzion, zero mission, or even her corruption suit? and if so how

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm just hoping Zamus isn't activated via Final Smash because it will be hard to play her often. Then again they can always put in the hold A trick (like with Sheik).

Hopefully it's appropiate to post this link. If you are a Samus or Halo fan and haven't seen it, see it now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md-QkCquOHE

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
To break the ice, I'll start with something I noticed while watching the November 2006 Brawl video on www.supersmashbros.com . Near the end (the last scene before it flashes "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" and shows Fox) ZSS double jumps over a platform, PAUSES in mid-air for a split second, and then fastfalls. I replayed this about SIX times and still, all I can think of is "WTF?! :confused: ".
Did anyone check this out yet? I'd like to see your opinions and reactions.

artfulldodger09

Smash Rookie
i wouldnt be surprised if Samus/Zamus were the same as the Zelda/Sheik deal, basically entirely different characters roled into one. you can tell that Zamus is much quicker and more agile than samus from melee

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Is ANYONE going to check this out? Am I just seeing things? Did this really happen?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I main Samus, and will probably continue to do so in Brawl, and so, I am terribly worried about Zero Suit Samus' effect on the suited Samus' game. I just pray she won't be the next Zelda/Shiek.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
OK. Instead of just READING THE TITLE and then replying, how about you read the ENTIRE original thread that I took the time to post? Because I've posted THAT quote for the THIRD time now, and no one has said ANYTHING about it.

Edit: I would REALLY like to discuss this someone. Please!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I see Zamus doing Sheik-like moves in the screenshots. I wanna know when she uses that whip.

That's another reason why I wanna see a Zamus update so badly (other than the whole transformation thing).

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
OK. Instead of just READING THE TITLE and then replying, how about you read the ENTIRE original thread that I took the time to post? Because I've posted THAT quote for the THIRD time now, and no one has said ANYTHING about it.

Edit: I would REALLY like to discuss this someone. Please!
I know what you're talking about. I looks like a supa fast Falcooowwn Kick. Possibly her Down Special?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
And her d-air would like, freeze her? Have we seen this before in SSBM?

Btw, ZSS IS a newcomer kthx. If we haven't seen her in other Smash games, which we haven't, she's clearly a newcomer, which she is.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
It didn't freeze her, the move just stopped her forward momentum, then she dove downwards. Captain Falcon's Down Special does the same thing, just a little faster.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Meh, only time shall tell.
Thanks for being the only person to FINALLY answer what I asked in the Original Topic.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I saw it too, looks like that could be a down air, but who knows? she definatly jumps twice, then pauses, then fast falls. As to why tho? We won't know till the 3rd of Dec :(

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Anyone see the new clips from Metroid Prime 3? Specifically, the intro one, when she's piloting the ship. Apparently, her suit can just appear around her. Check gametrailers or e3expo.com. That means that it wouldn't be too far fetched to have a quick transformation between Zamus and Samus.

Still, from everything I've seen, and Sakurai has said, I think they'll be separate.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
It didn't freeze her, the move just stopped her forward momentum, then she dove downwards. Captain Falcon's Down Special does the same thing, just a little faster.
Yeh the Falcon Kick does kinda freeze at the beginning doesn't it? Thanks for helping me out.

Shuma

Smash Hero
God i hope they're diferent Char's or that at least you don't transform her with a move or Final Smash, but holidng A at the start.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
I'm still kinda wondering where that ZSS update on the site is. She's appeared in heaps of the updates but so far nothing in terms of a character profile. I want one because she's one of the newcomers I'm most interested in, as well as I'd want to finally find out if she's seperate from normal Samus (one of my favourite characters) or not. I'd prefer them to be seperate, but if not meh, I'll cope (I suppose).

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I'm still kinda wondering where that ZSS update on the site is. She's appeared in heaps of the updates but so far nothing in terms of a character profile. I want one because she's one of the newcomers I'm most interested in, as well as I'd want to finally find out if she's seperate from normal Samus (one of my favourite characters) or not. I'd prefer them to be seperate, but if not meh, I'll cope (I suppose).
Agreed. I guess a character profile could really set us straight on the transforming idea. It doesn't really matter to me if they're seperate or not, because I wasn't good as Samus on Melee, but on SSB64 I was, but Samus is still a cool character as well as ZSS, and they'd be cooler if they were seperate.

Caael

Smash Lord
What I, like most other people, want to know is how she transforms. I'm hoping her Final Smash makes her transform with a laser Blast, but if you want to play as he from the start of the match, then hold down A, like with Sheik.

Florida

イーグランツ
ITo break the ice, I'll start with something I noticed while watching the November 2006 Brawl video on www.supersmashbros.com . Near the end (the last scene before it flashes "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" and shows Fox) ZSS double jumps over a platform, PAUSES in mid-air for a split second, and then fastfalls. I replayed this about SIX times and still, all I can think of is "WTF?! :confused: ".

Discuss ZSS anyone?
As I have said before in another topic, this is most likely her down B. When in the air, she probably darts toward the ground, useing her foot as a weapon (lol). It's possible that when she isn't in the air, she first jumps up, and then uses the move.

So it's basically a mixture of Bowser/Yoshi's downB and Captain Falcon/Ganondorf's downB.

Besides that issue of discussion, Zamus and Samus should be seperate characters. The activation of Samus' Zero Suit via Final Smash, or as a downB, for one doesn't make sense, and it is just plain stupid to boot.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
We know they aren't seperate characters, because Sakurai already said that Samus will change to Zamus under certain conditions or something.

I think you should be able to play as Zamus by picking Samus and holding A, but you can't switch back and forth between the two during the fight. I'd be like Smoke/Human Smoke in UMK3.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
What I, like most other people, want to know is how she transforms. I'm hoping her Final Smash makes her transform with a laser Blast, but if you want to play as he from the start of the match, then hold down A, like with Sheik.
Why do SO many people think the FINAL SMASH transforms Samus?
We've seen ZSS in trailers and I'm pretty sure if she was in a "Final Smash" form like Gigabowser, it would show her completely owning everyone.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I really hope you can't just arbitrarily transform back and forth like with Zelda/Sheik. Samus willingly discarding her Power Suit just wouldn't make any sense at all...plus it would suck for Samus to lose her bomb-jump recovery.

It seems like the Final Smash wouldn't be the only ordinary way to transform, since it would be so infrequent. My latest theory is that the move Samus performs in the original trailer isn't her Final Smash, but something else. What if it was possible for her to, at any time, overcharge the arm cannon into an incredibly powerful blast, which then temporarily costs her her Power Suit? It might make sense...with crawling and the new faster dodges, projectile spamming won't be quite what it used to be. Maybe they figured that Samus needed a little extra kick to keep her position as projectile master, but without overpowering her. Mix in some option to permanently play as ZSS via a simple code like you can currently do with Sheik and it seems like it could work reasonably well.

Of course, it's equally possible that the blast in the trailer was pre-rendered nonsense and I'm just babbling over nothing. But then again, who wouldn't have thought the same about Wario's motorcycle at first?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
It was most likely pre-rendered in my opinion. And I think a blast like that would make a lot of sense to be her FS. They just didn't make her glow so we wouldn't think that her FS would transform her to ZZS.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Well, I mean, I know that that particular image was pre-rendered. Most of that trailer probably was. But it still might have referenced the actual in-game mechanic, just like everything Wario does at the end is based (if rather loosely) on his actual moves.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Like I said, even if it was pre-rendered I am on the side that, that massive shot was indeed her FS just without the armor loss.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeh I agree with OnyxVulpine, that awesome shot was either: 1. Samus' Final Smash...just without seeing her grab the Smash Ball and glow
OR
2. Just a little something Sakurai put in to make it interesting

And Wyvern I agree with what you said about the bomb jump recovery. I use the bombs quite often as a retreat tech when playing as Samus, AND a recovery. So if Samus used her Down Special to transform into ZSS, would the bombs be a different move or would they be gone?
But this also leads into the debate whether Samus and ZSS transform into eachother VIA buttons (NOT THE FINAL SMASH), or if they're 2 seperate chars. From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure they're to seperate characters. After all, we do have to seperate character profiles don't we?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ah yeah.. I forgot about Dark Samus.. I never played the game so I don't know what roll D.S. had in the game so I don't know if her transforming into D.S. would be good and make sense.. Until someone comes a long and explains it to me I'm staying in the FS = Big Blast side.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I don't know really, I remember reading else where that some people want Samus' FS for her to turn into D.S... But this isn't the right topic to be talking about Samus/Dark Samus. But to talk about ZSS FS..

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I don't know really, I remember reading else where that some people want Samus' FS for her to turn into D.S... But this isn't the right topic to be talking about Samus/Dark Samus. But to talk about ZSS FS..
Alright it's cool. I just would really like it if the topic stayed on topic and to have the least amount of one liners as possible so that the topic can live and not be closed hopefully.

On topic, http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html .
I made a mistake when saying that Samus and ZSS have 2 seperate profiles.
This really scares me now for a couple of reasons.
1. We haven't seen Samus and ZSS in the same clip yet.
2. ZSS doesn't have a profile (yet) . Which could mean that she is a transformation of Samus which I would really hate.
I would just LOVE to pit Samus up against ZSS, just as much as I would love to pit Mario up against Wario.

Top Bottom