• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yo-Kai Watch Discussion (Join the #WoYHangout Discord Party on YW2 Launch Day!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Neutral!

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
That's a lot of dedication (especially since the chances of a Yo-kai decreases in relation to the amount of said yo-kai you currently have). If you plan on doing that with any other Yo-kai, it would probably be quicker to just obtain the Yo-kai you want to fuse, fuse them, and then search for duplicates as it takes less slots thus giving you more of a chance if that makes sense?
Yes, I could have done that, but I thought that if I gotten Castelius II and Castelius I through Fusion instead of a random encounter, their stats would be better since I would be training them from the lowest level possible.

Plus, thanks for the new info regarding the probability of befriending Yōkai of the same kind. :)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Jibanyan not getting in Smash is fine by me.

Let's make Yo-kai Watch big so we can get our paws on with Jibanyan in Smash!

Nintendo is already doing a great job advertising the franchise, hopefully something big happens soon!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Jibanyan not getting in Smash is fine by me.

Let's make Yo-kai Watch big so we can get our paws on with Jibanyan in Smash!

Nintendo is already doing a great job advertising the franchise, hopefully something big happens soon!
Nah, he isn't a Fire Emblem character, so it's never going to happen.

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
Hey, guys, I'm interested in this game because of the premise: the concept of minor, everyday problems that no-one really thinks to talk about is a fun one, and the idea of having a game about sort of "fairy tales" explaining why these things happen sounds like a blast. I was wondering, would you guys say the game builds on this well, or is it more of a "get it for the gameplay/surrounding story" thing?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hey, guys, I'm interested in this game because of the premise: the concept of minor, everyday problems that no-one really thinks to talk about is a fun one, and the idea of having a game about sort of "fairy tales" explaining why these things happen sounds like a blast. I was wondering, would you guys say the game builds on this well, or is it more of a "get it for the gameplay/surrounding story" thing?
Gameplay because the everyday problems are basically excuses to push a children's anime plotline.
IMO.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Mostly the gameplay premise, you won't get a deep explanation on how Yo-kai came to be.

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
Oh, that's a shame. I've got the demo now, anyway, and I'm still curious enough that I'll give that a look later. Thanks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know where Hornaplenty is? I've been trying to find him

People say he's in the mountain, but I've searched and searched and have never seen any S Rank

Edit: Got Robonyan on my first try. Didn't even use the right food

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Anyone know where Hornaplenty is? I've been trying to find him

People say he's in the mountain, but I've searched and searched and have never seen any S Rank

Edit: Got Robonyan on my first try. Didn't even use the right food
What Blue said. It's basically the cross section that's east of the abandoned house's area but north of the lake.
I've encountered it ~4 times while farming up rare beetles for the evolution items.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I literally ran into one after I read that

Only one...

3 popular yokai and it's favorite food didn't get it though.

I also need to get a new cruncha. Regretting not making him rough. I made him devoted

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if there's another way of buying VoltXtreme? Or is buying it from the vending machine by chance the only way of obtaining it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, when you buy ANYTHING from a vending machine, it has a rare chance (It's not THAT rare) to be a VoltXtreme instead

So, buy 99 sodas/ teas you'll get SOME voltXtremes

Sell the soda's/ teas and try again. Eventually you'll get max voltXtremes for not too much money

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is no reason he shouldn't have been called orochi here. Venoct is dumb

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Orochi > Venoct

Plus my boyfriend (A certain blue texted Papyrus) was finally able to receive his own Reunknight and Baddinyan from the temple. He's still in the middle of completing side quests before he continues with the Walkappa chapter.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ugh, they seriously need to take the show outside of its hiatus. I need more Jibanyan in my life!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's kind of why I'm hoping for Yo-Kai Watch 2 to be revealed in a Nintendo Direct near summer or earlier. That way viewers wouldn't be out of the loop when watching the anime.

Meanwhile, Europe still has some time next year to wait for the first Yo-Kai Watch game and the anime. But I guess it's fair since they always got certain games before us many times (especially Mario & Luigi).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Looks like YW Movie 2 outsold Star Wars in Japan!
Just your daily report of YW news!

The Yo-kai Watch toys moved up to Dec. 28, which is next Monday.
My poor wallet. ;_;

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Yokai Watch Land confirmed!

Looks like a fun little mobile app for the fans of the game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, what do you guys do with Orochi?

He's better at special, but his whole gimmick is his soultimate, which is attack based

So...to emphasize his soultimate, would it be better to make him rough?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm also trying a rough appak

it's base attack is supposed to be higher than it's special in appak form

Plus it's ability seems to be for enhancing it's attack

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got awevil and Neighfarious for my shady team

I just need Count Cavity

Too bad I've used more than 70 coins and still no him

I have nearly max of every other yokai you can get from it (With blue coins) and still no him.

I think the majority of them came from the crank, if not all (Except maybe the negetabuzz)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm having sort of the opposite problem with pink coins than I was with blue

I'm still not getting the S-Rank

But where as blue coins I'm getting crappy yokai like crazy

Pink coins doesn't want me to get a single yokai

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Today is 2016, the day Yo-kai Watch becomes a big deal internationally! Yo-kai Watch merchandise coming with Europe's release of the game, this year we will make Yo-kai Watch big!
#YearOfTheYokai2016

D

Deleted member

I'm right there with ya, playing more of the game getting Jibanyan into Smash hype started getting Yo-Kai Watch 2 over here!
Let's keep the Yo-Kai hype going.

Top Bottom