• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yo-Kai Watch Discussion (Join the #WoYHangout Discord Party on YW2 Launch Day!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Neutral!

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Katie seems pretty tight with Komosan maybe their pretty close just like how Nate is close to Whisper and Jibanyan.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So how do you think they'll get past all of the localization problems that Yo-Kai Watch 3 has, as the translated version was retconned to take place in the U. S., so how are they gonna work around that?

Burruni

Smash Hero
So how do you think they'll get past all of the localization problems that Yo-Kai Watch 3 has, as the translated version was retconned to take place in the U. S., so how are they gonna work around that?
I don't quite know what you're referring to.
But uhm.
Different region of the country.
Move it to the UK.
Australia.
Canada.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't quite know what you're referring to.
But uhm.
Different region of the country.
Move it to the UK.
Australia.
Canada.
I'm referring to the fact that 3 takes place in the U. S., but they're already in the U. S. and the fact that the main character (Keito/Fumi) moves from the U. S. to the U. S. could be problematic to localization, as it has a distinct Western feel to it, unlike Springsdale, which is obviously a Japanese city. Ya see?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm referring to the fact that 3 takes place in the U. S., but they're already in the U. S. and the fact that the main character (Keito/Fumi) moves from the U. S. to the U. S. could be problematic to localization, as it has a distinct Western feel to it, unlike Springsdale, which is obviously a Japanese city. Ya see?
Then all 4 of the options listed would work just as well.
Trust me.
Localization teams have had worse issues.

D

Deleted member

I see your point, I hope they can work around it and be able to localize it well.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's easy to work around the issue, just have Nate move to a different American town.

My merchandise collection is gradually getting bigger.

Last edited:

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know how to complete the quest involving Rina and Zoey? Zoey was supposed to appear at Springdale Elementary, but when I went there, she didn't appear. How do I move forward?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Anyone know how to complete the quest involving Rina and Zoey? Zoey was supposed to appear at Springdale Elementary, but when I went there, she didn't appear. How do I move forward?
Are you talking about this quest?
http://yokaiwatchfans.com/wiki/Sneaking_Suspicion
What is the quest title called.

I do not have my 3DS with me to help you. (Since I unfortunately lost my 3DS, which had the game in it too.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Couldn't they just say they move from east coast to west coast or something

They said the first one took place in America? What?

It's obviously Japan

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
This explains why Americanizing Yōkai Watch was never a good concept from the start. Sure, from a business standpoint, it made the game "more recognizable" among the mainstream, but, story-wise, it introduced cultural complications into the title that would not have been present had it been left as is.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I have one thing to say about Yokai Watch.

It should have been called Yokai Dial, and here's why:
1. The watch in the game functions more like a dial, in the way it rotates the Yokai. It, as far as I know, has little to do with timekeeping.

2. The -Kai and Di- sounds are similar, leading to Yokai Dial having an interesting sound to it.

Sorry about that kind of random rant, that occurred to me a few days ago and I couldn't think of another place to post it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Couldn't they just say they move from east coast to west coast or something

They said the first one took place in America? What?

It's obviously Japan
The English version takes place in a fictional American town called Springsdale...

But we all know it's actually Japan.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

If you're a Star Wars fan, you're going enjoy it, I found them pretty funny.

http://star2games.com/the-yo-kai-watch-phenomenon-takes-europe-and-africa-by-storm/

TV series confirmed in more than 100 countries!

Paris-based VIZ Media Europe, the leader in Japanese Entertainment content in Europe, is thrilled to announce the upcoming launch of the hit anime franchise YO-KAI WATCH in more than 100 territories (Europe & Africa), including The UK. The first season of YO-KAI WATCH (26 episodes) will be broadcast in Spring 2016. The 360° franchise will be supported by toys (Hasbro, Inc.), videogames (Nintendo 3DS), manga publishing, and a massive licensing program.

After its successful run in Japan and in the USA, the animated TV series YO-KAI WATCH will be available on popular kids’ channels, to be revealed soon.
Created by the renowned Japanese video game company LEVEL-5, Inc. (LBX: Little Battlers eXperience,Inazuma Eleven, Professor Layton), the YO-KAI WATCH franchise currently boasts a NINTENDO 3DS video game series that has sold over 10 million units in Japan alone, a top-rated animated TV series jointly produced by LEVEL-5, Inc., Dentsu Inc., and TV TOKYO Corporation, manga and related books published by SHOGAKUKAN INC, as well as toys and other merchandise that have generated over 2 billion euro in retail sales in Japan. With an imaginative plot, great characters and hilarious comedy, YO-KAI WATCH has become one of the most popular franchises of all time in Japan, in just 2 years!

The animated TV series YO-KAI WATCH was successfully launched in the USA last year, along with video game, toys and merchandising.

The story of YO-KAI WATCH centers around a young boy, Nate, who gets a special watch empowering him to discover mysterious beings called “Yo-kai” that are everywhere to cause us little nuisances in our daily life. Nate’s role is to find out the reason for the Yo-kai’s mischievous behaviors and to talk them out of it, using his own creative wit and helped by his fellow Yo-kai that he befriends each time he solves a problem.
Yo-kai Watch is finally coming to Europe! Can't wait to see how well it does in Europe!

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So, the new subbed episodes have aired and there's a new opening and ending. I quite like them. More than the last ones that is. Also, there's a bacon Yo-Kai apparently.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Been getting ready for Fire Emblem: Fates Birthright so I haven't been playing but I'll be back to action eventually. Still owe Aweevil a rematch after all.

D

Deleted member

Hmph figures well I was only planning on getting Pokemon Z after Fire a Emblem Fates, but if Yo-Kai Watch 2 comes out here I'll no doubt be getting it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Even more Yo-kai Watch toy news!

Unlike the Japanese Zero watch, the watch will have a projector this time displaying animation!

And America will get their own trading card game different from the Japanese version.

Holy palooza!

Here's this week's YO-KAI WATCH drawings!

Last edited:

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Finally! Where I live (Spain) the manga has been licensed and the anime will start on May on a public channel! I can see the game being released soon! (I hope...)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Pokemon Sun and Moon just got revealed, and recently people have discovered the Niji file within the logo image's details! How did I figure out this, it's by process of elimination of course.

There is only 1 more title in the list that qualifies as "a big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages" other than Pokemon Niji, according to SuperMetalDave's information. And it is a franchise Nintendo is already marketing big time since November of 2015.

That's right, Yo-kai Watch 2! It is the only game I see Level-5 marketing big time, 2016 will be the year YW2 gets marketed big time according to David H. Steinberg. And we already heard news that YW2 would not take long to release according to Akihiro Hino. Not to mention that the second season of the anime is coming this Summer, it's almost definitely likely they'll release the game this Summer too.

It's kind of easy to figure out once you use process of elimination.

If you want details on the leak look here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188554

Here's this week's Yo-kai Watch drawings:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I just realized, Yo-kai Watch 3 is coming this summer, so in the Japan Direct, there could be new info for the game.

Plus we could get Yo-kai Watch 2 revealed in the American Direct for a summer release.

And the original Yo-kai Watch game for the European Direct.

It's literally the Yo-kai Apocalypse.

Mind blown.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey guys! I'm sure most of you know me from the Nintenzone Social. Well, I've decided to branch out to some new threads.

I was hooked on Yo-Kai for a week back in January, played nonstop, now I loved the series. Super excited to recruit Don-Chan in YW2 for some reason.

Also I really want a Ronald McDonald Yokai.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Demo was released in Europe, I liked it so far but... what I dreaded most has happened: unlike pokemon, they localised all yo-kai names (except the ones they cannot touch, of course)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Looks like Puni Puni is coming over very very early for mobile.
This will look like a good way to occupy my time when it releases in March.
Constantly exciting things to do as YW fan! ^^

Top Bottom