• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yo-Kai Watch Discussion (Join the #WoYHangout Discord Party on YW2 Launch Day!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Neutral!

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yo-kai Watch is going to air on Disney Channel! Like WTF?:
http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/yo-kai-watch/EP02266806?aid=disn
It is at a late time though, so I am not sure what to say about it honestly, are loads of people watching Disney Channel at a late time?

Is this the first anime to air on Disney Channel like ever?
Digimon's consecutive airings have been on Disney.
not sure if Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go was a cartoon or anime because it had a weird blend of both styles

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Digimon's consecutive airings have been on Disney.
not sure if Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go was a cartoon or anime because it had a weird blend of both styles
That show seems familiar. According to Wikipedia, it was animated by Japanese studio, but made for an American audience.
I wouldn't say it's an anime.

Interesting how Digimon aired on DC, they must've wanted to advertise the franchise as much as YW back then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So it's coming to Disney Channel eh? I love that channel and Disney so I may see it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For how difficult he was to get, I'm a little disappointed that Kyubi isn't as good as Frostail

Main differences being:

Frostail has a helpful inspirit that raises allies special, while Kyubi has a "poison" inspirit that deals damage on enemies over time.

Frostail is ice while Kyubi is fire

and Frostail's soultimate attack deals more damage

Burruni

Smash Hero
Reversette from green coin. Woo.

One more rare off the list.

Edit: Heartful is now my most "successful" tribe in collection. Missing only the Rare Pepillion and the Crank-a-kai exclusive. Second is Charming which needs both Swelterier and Singcada ontop of the Crank-a-kai exclusive.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
This is my first time posting here, but I just want to say that Yo-Kai Watch is an extremely fun game for me so far. I'm really hooked on it and the game is easily one of my favorite 3DS games due to how different the gameplay is compared to something like Pokemon. For the TV show, I need to watch more of it, but I do like what I've seen of it from the first episode. This is definitely a franchise I'll be sticking with for a long time.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
For how difficult he was to get, I'm a little disappointed that Kyubi isn't as good as Frostail

Main differences being:

Frostail has a helpful inspirit that raises allies special, while Kyubi has a "poison" inspirit that deals damage on enemies over time.

Frostail is ice while Kyubi is fire

and Frostail's soultimate attack deals more damage
I think all of the Crank-a-kai exclusives are better than their counterparts, but I could be wrong. ._.

Burruni

Smash Hero
My 3DS died because the charger wasn't plugged into the wall.
Forgot to save after getting Reversette.

Edit: THANK GOD FOR SEEDING

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm on the second to final boss (I think) in Yo-kai Watch 2... It's way more obnoxious than any of Yo-kai Watch 1's bosses. No spoilers or anything... but yikes. I may have to try to find ways to grind to beat this. :/

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I want that Noko so badly ;_;

Edit: Oh wait that's an english app. I never knew about this O_O

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
D

Deleted member

Yo-Kai Watch taking over in the Great White North oh yeah baby!

D

Deleted member

I'm a permanent fan no matter what it's always got are support.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder why Cadin is the first Yokai you get, but doesn't get the proper advertising for being so...

D

Deleted member

I like Cadin and Cadable a lot their like brave warriors fighting for justice and righteousness and the side of good.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG I played through the WHOLE game without knowing you could revive yokai

I thought they were just gone for the whole fight when dead

I've done multiple play throughs. Not FULL play throughs, but still

D

Deleted member

Finding the bugs is rough, the rare ones specifically it takes time and paitence but it is worth it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Finding the bugs is rough, the rare ones specifically it takes time and paitence but it is worth it.
The system is TONS better in YW2, so that's something to look forward to. :x

Rare versions of rare bugs is HORRIBLE in this game, though. :/

D

Deleted member

The system is TONS better in YW2, so that's something to look forward to. :x

Rare versions of rare bugs is HORRIBLE in this game, though. :/
I know believe me, looking for rare Rhino Beetles for Unbeatable Soul haven't found a single one yet, still trying least the system gets better in second game.

D

Deleted member

Well, since Nintendo wants me to try out this Yokai Watch demo i'll give it a go!

D

Deleted member

Well, I played the demo. It seems fun, but I kinda feel the combat is a little too auto piloty since the yokai do their individual attacks without you and you really only control their specials and rotate which ones you want in. Ill prob check out the anime some time.

Was it because of this advertisement? @Kokonoe
It was cause a present appeared on my 3 DA informing me to try the demo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I dunno if this is common knowledge

But I figured something out

You know how you use food and it doesn't always go to the guy in the middle at the beginning

Well, the food automatically goes to the yokai that likes it most

Example: Battle with cutt-nah and Leodoni

Use candy, Leodoni will ALWAYS get it no matter where he is

Use juice, Cutt-nah will ALWAYS get it

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
I spent all of last night and this morning training my Yōkai for the battle against Massiface, attempting to befriend multiple Castelius III while I was at it. After befriending six Castelius III, I tried befriending another one, but for some reason, whenever I ran into a battle featuring a trio of them, I no longer had the option of feeding them milk. Is six the limit of how many Yōkai of the same kind you can have before you can't befriend anymore of them?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I spent last night and this morning training my Yōkai for the battle against Massiface, attempting to befriend multiple Castelius III while I was at it. After befriending six Castelius III, I tried befriending another one, but for some reason, whenever I ran into a battle featuring a trio of them, I no longer had the option of feeding them milk. Is six the limit of how many Yōkai of the same kind you can have before you can't befriend anymore of them?
I believe it's 6

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Well, I played the demo. It seems fun, but I kinda feel the combat is a little too auto piloty since the yokai do their individual attacks without you and you really only control their specials and rotate which ones you want in. Ill prob check out the anime some time.

It was cause a present appeared on my 3 DA informing me to try the demo.
The game has a deep combat system where you can (strongly) influence which option your Yo-kai chooses (with their abilities potentially effecting combat a lot as well). The demo doesn't do the gameplay enough justice because you don't get to see the huge difference between a Yo-kai influenced to attack slightly versus a Yo-kai influenced to attack greatly (amongst other options). It's way more of a game of team building than it is a standard RPG, though, and the combat system can get slightly annoying at very specific times.

I spent all of last night and this morning training my Yōkai for the battle against Massiface, attempting to befriend multiple Castelius III while I was at it. After befriending six Castelius III, I tried befriending another one, but for some reason, whenever I ran into a battle featuring a trio of them, I no longer had the option of feeding them milk. Is six the limit of how many Yōkai of the same kind you can have before you can't befriend anymore of them?
That's a lot of dedication (especially since the chances of a Yo-kai decreases in relation to the amount of said yo-kai you currently have). If you plan on doing that with any other Yo-kai, it would probably be quicker to just obtain the Yo-kai you want to fuse, fuse them, and then search for duplicates as it takes less slots thus giving you more of a chance if that makes sense?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Check out the newest Yo-kai!
It's a giant blob version of Komasan!
It's so amusing.

Just watched gameplay of YW Dance.

I didn't realize how badly I wanted this game until now.
I NEED THIS ****ing game now!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been using the cheat to get red coins

I want a cruncha.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8wKq4YLOrs

I've been using this guide.

Ironically, he says "Don't use the same dates I do, it doesn't work" or something along those lines

BUT, It just so happens the dates he uses are the same that I use

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I started a new game because my Shogunyan leveled up as grouchy, which means he'll never reach his full potential.

This new game, I am at the beginning still...

But I already have a team of A and S rank Yokai.

Snartle, Reuknight, Siro

Baddinyan, Darumacho, and Impass

Baddinyan and Darumacho being the weakest...B Rank

I already have an S Rank team planned out.

My last game was almost exclusively Special users. This time I'm going for a team of more physical attackers

Eventually It's going to have 2 brave, 2 tough, and 2 ...something else

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Those are some interesting favorite Yokai

I still have Baddinyan as my top favorite, which is strange considering I haven't used him in a long time

Edit: I just realized there is NO easy way to get orange coins

Last edited:
Top Bottom