• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yo-Kai Watch Discussion (Join the #WoYHangout Discord Party on YW2 Launch Day!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Neutral!

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you have any friends with a 3DS and you have a physical copy, just ask to use their 3DS for 5 minutes and set up streetpass on their 3DS.
I neither have a friend with a 3DS or a Physical copy

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
You can fight ONE as part of "plot" (side quest, not even a proper request) events in the Abandoned Mines, on the east half of it.

Otherwise? Post-game dungeon. Floors 1 & 2.
Ok I beat it. It didn't drop the item I wanted to evolve my Signibble. Is there another way to get the item I need to fuse with it?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well that's... Bull**** to be honest. So my Signibble is just boned? Damn it Level-5.
Shmoopie's evolution item is bound to the final dungeon of the story.
6 of the Evolution items are bound to post-game requests (Pupsicle, for example).
And then you have all of the damn Rares which feel like they hsould be able to be gotten through some kind of fusion or evolution but don't.
For example. Chiluahua + Ruby -> Swelterior.

D

Deleted member

The GHz Orb? It's in the Infinite Inferno 1st or second floor you gotta beat Signiton but you already know that, keep trying though it took me a couple of tries but I got it eventually. Keep going and you'll be able to fuse evolve Signibble into Signiton in no time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The GHz Orb? It's in the Infinite Inferno 1st or second floor you gotta beat Signiton but you already know that, keep trying though it took me a couple of tries but I got it eventually. Keep going and you'll be able to fuse evolve Signibble into Signiton in no time.
The rare version of him is better IMO and found in the same place

D

Deleted member

Signiton has another variation to eh? Not surprising I usually prefer the originals but enjoy the different variations too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Originals usually are colored better, but rares have better stats/ or abilities.

Speaking of stats

I am so disappointed he's a B rank because he's my most wanted yokai

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah it's not really about that for me I just like them,their the originals and I feel they can't be replicated. But the rare ones are awesome.

As for the bosses yeah it's to bad, Wish some of them can be recruited but ah it's okay. Also man I miss Mckraken he was a great evil villain, and I love his voice actor and his themes's that was a tough boss. And probably the toughest and most fun boss I ever faced.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah it's not really about that for me I just like them,their the originals and I feel they can't be replicated. But the rare ones are awesome.

As for the bosses yeah it's to bad, Wish some of them can be recruited but ah it's okay. Also man I miss Mckraken he was a great evil villain, and I love his voice actor and his themes's that was a tough boss. And probably the toughest and most fun boss I ever faced.
They can in the second game!

But they are mostly b rank...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Is it just me
Or are certain tribes, namely Eerie and Slippery just.... incredibly bland and unappealing to use?
I've used some Shadies for a little bit and see potential in some Heartfuls like Elder Bloom, Mama Aura, Uncle Infinite.
But slippery seem to stand wholy on Venoct and Dragons and Eerie... eh.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I use a lot of absorption yokai and they tend to be eerie and slippery

D

Deleted member

I like the Eerie and Slippery tribe but Manjimutt and Multimutt are the only ones I like but all of them are cool. Venoct and Draggie and Dragon Lord are the only ones I like from Slippery though. All of them are cool though and I'll like more as time goes by.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ah I see, but to be honest their all pretty badass. But that's just me, but I see.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I mean...
Looking at the "big 9" yokai I've used across this run.
Rueknight, Shogunyan, Beetler/Beetall - Brave
Roughraff/Badude, Darumacho - Tough
Jibanyan/Thornyan, Frostina/Blizzaria, Supyo - Charming
Kyubi, Tengu - Mysterious.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Mama Aura took me forever .-.
Originals usually are colored better, but rares have better stats/ or abilities.

Speaking of stats

I am so disappointed he's a B rank because he's my most wanted yokai
A lot of the Yo-kai I want are either post-game exclusive or pretty low-rank (in both 1 and 2). I really want Swelterrier for non post-game (which is impossible), and I also want to use Don-chan in 2 (he's a C rank... I have no idea about his stats, but C rank... :/)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know the Yo-Kai have helped the people of Earth out a lot with their problems, I wish there was a part where Nate or Katie hosts a party to say thank you for what they they've done. But just seeing them enjoying Earth life and befriending and battling alongside them is good enough. Their happy I am too.

Also it would be cool if Katie, Nate, Whisper, and Their Yo-Kai friends go on quests together to stop bad and mischeveious Yo-Kai and befriend new ones. They would even grow closer those two and maybe get together. It eh that's not important just me.

Burruni

Smash Hero
One of the simplest faults of Yokai Watch, to me, is the lack of a Rival.

Someone to be your foil and mark your growth as you progress, someone recurrent to keep you in check.

It is one of things that makes the game feel.... a bit hallow, like you're TOO detached from the world with the supernatural stuff that you do.

Edit: It also kinda highlights that the two main ways the game keeps difficulty for a fight is either cranking up levels or typical boss means of gating off damage with exploint points

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
A rival wouldn't make much sense to me, if someone else owned the YW.
Maybe a Yo-kai who rivals with you often like Venoct would've kept things interesting.
1) Devil's Advoate: Whisper gave you /a/ Yokai Watch. Who's to say someone else couldn't have done the same from a nearby town. (Edit: The fact that there's a yokai in the town that's kept memory on how to tune up the device for 190 years seems a bit odd)

2) Someone like Venoct would work fine if it was akin to Jr. Troopa in Paper Mario. Recurring, and changing either through evolution itself or by the difference in its allies.

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
1) Devil's Advoate: Whisper gave you /a/ Yokai Watch. Who's to say someone else couldn't have done the same from a nearby town. (Edit: The fact that there's a yokai in the town that's kept memory on how to tune up the device for 190 years seems a bit odd)

2) Someone like Venoct would work fine if it was akin to Jr. Troopa in Paper Mario. Recurring, and changing either through evolution itself or by the difference in its allies.
I don't know why there would be a need for multiple people with a Yokai Watch, though.

I would have LOVED to have Nate/Katie (whichever one you didn't choose) to have a YW and do quests with you, though. That would have been very interesting, even though it wouldn't make much sense. xD Honestly the character you didn't choose out of those two doesn't feel very important in the story at all. I wish they made all of your friends seem more important. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it's only Nate that can see them...chances are he's just insane...

If someone else could as well...it'd verify his sanity

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's insanity, maybe he's just open minded so that's why he could see them. Besides a couple of other people in the game can see them as well, the kids in the gym, Ms. Stone, Lucas, so he's perfectly sand just open minded that's why he could see them that plus he's got the Yo-Kai Watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Got Casanono from the crank

That's actually one I wanted

D

Deleted member

Good tip, I don't really use streepass not biggie for me. But good tip.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Save yourself the trouble and get all of the trophies for the Yo-criminals here!:
https://www.reddit.com/r/yokaiwatch/comments/3uk26y/trophy_room_complete/

Good galleries of drawings from the YO-KAI WATCH community today!

See what Yo-kai Miiverse users like the most here:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkpNgjg3Q

See Miiverse users draw their favorite Yo-kai!:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkpHG1PMw

Last edited:
Top Bottom