• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yo-Kai Watch Discussion (Join the #WoYHangout Discord Party on YW2 Launch Day!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Neutral!

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
By the way, Wibble Wobble is coming out to the iOS and Android in just three days in the West! So excited! I finally have a mobile app that'll keep me busy while not doing work.

Give it a download when it comes out, it's free! Let me know your thoughts!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
YO-KAI WATCH Wibble Wobble is out on the U.S. for iOS and Android.

My thoughts on the game and why you should get it.

Damn, it is a seriously good puzzle game. It might just be me not playing much mobile games, but I love how almost every mechanic in the YO-KAI WATCH 3DS game is integrated in Wibble Wobble. Targeting, Soultimates, and Items are kept, not sure about Purifying though. You will get used to its Wib Wob puzzle mechanics very quickly and is fun! I personally find the 3DS mechanics to be better, but the puzzle matching works just as well. I don't find much of serious problem with the game thus far. Given that it is free though, you'll be forced to take breaks if play for too long, but its not a big deal to me.

I seriously recommend this to anyone wanting to join in the YO-KAI WATCH hype. It's all free.

DrewW0tM8

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrewLynch
3DS FC
2148-9170-0786
Add me to the list of supporters for getting Jibbs in smash!

Not to mention, I'm going to make a PM-esque mod for Brawl, and Jibanyan will be one of the characters I'm going to add into the game.
All I need is to learn how to create models, animate them, and create movesets for them.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Add me to the list of supporters for getting Jibbs in smash!

Not to mention, I'm going to make a PM-esque mod for Brawl, and Jibanyan will be one of the characters I'm going to add into the game.
All I need is to learn how to create models, animate them, and create movesets for them.
This is a general Yo-Kai Watch thread, there isn't a support list here. But if you want to support Jibanyan in Smash, I could invite you to the Jibanyan for Smash group (but there is a new rule were only those with 100 or more posts can join). You are fine discussing things yokai here for now.

And you are planning on doing another Smash mod? Just as long as you know what to do knowing how anti-fan project Nintendo is lately. It would be cool to see your take on Jibanyan. :)

Last edited:

DrewW0tM8

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrewLynch
3DS FC
2148-9170-0786
Oh, I've already planned a moveset for him. All I need is to learn how to add entirely new characters with their own movesets.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, I've already planned a moveset for him. All I need is to learn how to add entirely new characters with their own movesets.
Interesting. I'll make sure to follow you in case there are any updates on your mod.

And with Style Savvy 3 coming to the West, we have another game to wait for official localization news about. Yo-Kai Watch 2 or any other game that Level-5 and Nintendo can bring before the 3DS becomes irrelevant in the future. I'm already having a blast with the first game (I am currently one major henchman away from finally facing Chairman McCracken), I want more of Level-5's addictive gamely.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys it's been a while, some big news came by with YW coming to Europe and many other events.

What are you doing in terms of YW stuff?
Still playing the first game. I'm getting closer to the ending with a larger amount of medals and few Legendaries.

Haven't been getting many recolors or the rarer Yokai yet. And Gargaros is too tough to really beat with the right team. ;_;

I'm also getting addicted to Wibble Wobble lately more than Pokemon Shuffle (which haven't been touched in weeks).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I'll probably pick up Yokai Watch 2. It looks to be the best in the series, with me seriously questioning 3

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm excited that 2 is on its way. There are heaps of cool Yokai that I am interesting in using!

DrewW0tM8

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrewLynch
3DS FC
2148-9170-0786
Hyped for YW2! Right when I saw the big news, I FLIPPED. Just as much as, I don't know... CLOUD'S REVEAL TRAILER.

D

Deleted member

I bought Yokai Watch.... and I plan to buy it again.

Because some jerk stole it along with my 2DS a month ago...

YO-KAI WATCH 2 finally getting announced on my birthday is enough to satisfy my day. Cheers to me getting older!~
And the game is going to be released on MY birthday!

So, I have two things to be excited for in September; my first WWE event and this game. This'll easily trump my last two birthdays, where my compulsive nature made me watch the horrendous finale to one of the worst anime mecha ever in "Buddy Complex" & last year's visit to the ER.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Super hyped about yokai watch 2. I REALLY want to know more about the multiplayer aspect of it though. Seems really interesting from what I read in other places. :colorful::colorful::colorful:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Oh! Also, noticed this is also a wibble wobble thread! Anyone here interested to add me?
lgyl8d37

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I should update the thread title now, it's a little outdated.

If you guys want to start up a YW conversation with me, then by all means, do so.

I'm happy to talk about it!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 what do you think of this?

Hino talks about about how there will be a big pause for Yo-Kai Watch content in Japan after 3, there will be a new movie that combines live action with anime (while describing of their original plans to go CG), he's been disappointed in the 400,000 copies Yo-Kai Watch sold in America, and they are devising a plan to make series bigger in the West. I hope they do have that correct ace up their sleeve to make it bigger.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/10/level-5-talks-yo-kai-watch-us-sales-and-future-of-franchise/

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
How do I feel about the news exactly? To be honest, I am pretty excited. Level-5 is still working hard to push Yo-kai Watch in North America, even if the expectations were not met. Whatever exclusive content North America gets that Japan does not have, I hope it will attract a large audience. Could we see Yo-kai based on Hasbro franchises like My Little Pony or even Transformers in Yo-kai Watch 2? Or even see Yo-kai Watch cross-promote with the newest Pokemon games? Who knows?

And with Japan, I am glad that Yo-kai Watch 3 will be the last game for a while. The game seriously jam-packed with content that makes me more hyped for YW3 than YW2. The series should take a direction similar to Pokemon, with releasing a new main Yo-kai Watch game every 3 to 4 years.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: Wrong thread I guess

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have they posted anything about the game? I want to see how it looks with the English language.

And, a friend is helping me replace my copy, so I'm glad I got that taken care of.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Have they posted anything about the game? I want to see how it looks with the English language.

And, a friend is helping me replace my copy, so I'm glad I got that taken care of.
It's coming soon. I would go to the stream if I were you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, what's the difference between the 2 version of Yokai Watch 2?

D

Deleted member

So, what's the difference between the 2 version of Yokai Watch 2?
Each version will have their own Yo-Kai, meaning you'll need to trade with somebody to complete your collection.

I'm guessing there will be more to it than that, but that's the core difference.

Anyway, I saw the trailer and I'm glad I know now what that joke was about where Nate whacks Jibanyan with the fan.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The best part of the new game reveal is people claiming Rokurokubi as their "Longneck Waifu". :troll:

But I'm still interested in getting the Fleshy Souls version of Yo-Kai Watch 2. Hovernyan looks just as cool now that I've seen him in action. But what I'm curious of is his role in the story.

Last edited:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I really like wazzat and his new evolution. I really wonder what his translated name will be! He looks so freaky!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The best part of the new game reveal is people claiming Rokurokubi as their "Longneck Waifu". :troll:
At this point, all humanoid female Yo-Kai will be seen as waifus. But Lady Long Neck will have no ammunition to beat Frostina or Insomi's legions of fanboys. But I can't blame them since they are cute.

Last edited:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
At this point, all humanoid female Yo-Kai will be seen as waifus. But Lady Long Neck will have no ammunition to beat Frostina or Insomi's legions of fanboys. But I can't blame them since they are cute.
My favorite female yokai would be everfore and blizzaria/damona. My favorite yokai of all time would be snartle, and swelterrier.

D

Deleted member

Hi guys I'm back been a while I know I'm still waving the Yo-Kai Watch flag proud and true and I am still a huge Yo- Kai Watch fan always will be! I look forward to getting Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits and Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls will be great I hope Yo-Kai Watch gets bigger over in the West It may not become as big but I hope it does well.

Alright Pokemon Sun, Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits look forward to getting both!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite female yokai is Insomnia/ Sandi and Ratelle/ Skelebella

My favorite Yokai is Moskevil/ Scratchy and in the Future Slimamander.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While it may not seem like much, the first Yo-kai Watch will be featured at the upcoming HYPER JAPAN Festival in Europe from July 15 - 17th. But that's not all, there is a special YO-KAI WATCHFan Art Contest which challenge fans to share physical or digital recreations of their favourite Yo-kai to win a YO-KAI WATCH® prize and have their masterpiece displayed on HJ's Nintendo booth.

At least the company is doing more to push the game for Europeans. The lack of Yo-Kai Watch 2 is maybe because the US will get it before them and the first was already there last Spring.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/07/07/hyper-japan-nintendo-reveals-full-line-up-of-playable-games/

D

Deleted member

I got to be honest I'm not going to get Yo-Kai Watch 2 anymore. I'm just not remotely interested in it. Still a fan and hopefully Yo-Kai Watch 3 will get me back into the series.

D

Deleted member

Is it the Japanese culture, or has YW3 footage really hyped you up?
Oh Fumi no the Japanese culture was never something I hated, I love Japan and the added culture in the games makes me like it even more. So that was never a problem, And I haven't seen a thing about Yo-Kai Watch 3 if it interests me then I'll check it out. I am still a fan if the series don't hate it at all. I just don't even seem to care about Yo-Kai Watch at the moment It's just not something on my mind. Probably just need a break for a bit is all, I think it might do me some good but don't woody I'm still a proud fan. Just not really paying attention to the series at the moment, but hopefully something about it peaks my interest about it one day again.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well in general, you're not going to find much YW hype here in Smashboards to trigger interest, I know a few here that are actually interested in the series.

If you want to see lots of YW stuff that might interest you, Twitter is the best place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fair enough, I wish Yo-Kai Watch and all of you all the continued best. That's all for me for now.

Top Bottom