• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Not really Koopas are well known by modern and retro gamers they have wings for a recovery (para) shell spin, shell smash etc. play Paper Mario they have a lot more than Waluigi.
yeah, i can give you that, and i own both paper mario games, so again, i can see it. but compared to waluigi, i still can't see a full moveset. i mean, what would his super be anyway?

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i can give you that, and i own both paper mario games, so again, i can see it. but compared to waluigi, i still can't see a full moveset. i mean, what would his super be anyway?
What's the Ice Climbers' super gonna be?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
But McFox's point made me remember something, which we all take lightly, and that is he really has never appeared in a full Mario title.
People have been saying that for the last 51 pages, I'm just glad it finally got in your head.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a blizzard....? Something like that I bet.
Ice Climbers never used a blizzard in their games!!!oneone!!11

Waluigi can get a made up super like the Ice Climbers will. That is one argument that shouldn't be used against him: attacks, since they can make that stuff up.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
He does indeed have a personality. He's Wario's partner in crime with a really annoying voice.

On topic now. Does anybody have a moveset for him? Would he be a Wario clone or what?
In order to be a clone, the character must have a similar body shape to another character. Unless Waluigi is a fat short guy that farts, he cannot be a clone of Wario.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
He does indeed have a personality. He's Wario's partner in crime with a really annoying voice.
If he was Wario's partner in crime, he would've appeared in the Wario Ware/Land games, but he didn't. Mona, Jimmy, Kat and Ana, and Captain Syrup all have priority over him.

Seriously Wario, it's time to play tennis with someone cool.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
On topic now. Does anybody have a moveset for him? Would he be a Wario clone or what?
STATS
Height: 5/5
Weight: 3/5
Power: 2/5
Speed: 4/5
Jump: 3/5

A ATTACKS
Nuetral A: Punch- Waluigi throws out a short-ranged, left-handed punch.
AA- Waluigi throws a long-range, right-handed punch.
AAA- Waluigi knees his opponent with his left leg.

Forward A: Spinning Kick- Waluigi uses his long leg to kick his opponent, spinning around.

Up A: Flip- Waluigi does a flip, hitting opponent's in the air with his legs (sort of like Fox's Up Smash).

Down A: Spin- Waluigi sits on the ground and spins around, hitting opponents on either side of him with his legs.

Dash Attack: Lunge- Waluigi lunges at the opponent, hitting them with his leg.

SMASHES
Forward Smash: Shove- Waluigi pushes his arms forward in a shoving motion.

Down Smash: Split- Waluigi does a split, hitting opponents on both sides of him.

Up Smash: Upward Punch- Walugi does a punch into the air.

AERIALS
Neutral A: Arm/Leg- Waluigi sticks his arm and leg out, leaving them until he reaches the ground.

Forward A: Air-Shove- Waluigi lays out in the air and does a shove in midair.

Back A: All-Out Kick- Waluigi "lays down" in the air, facing the ground, and pushes his feet out, kicking straight out.

Down A: Punch Down- Waluigi does a punch towards the ground.

Up A: Spin- Waluigi puts his arms and legs out and spins.

SPECIALS
Neutral B: Sidewinder- Waluigi swings his arm in a hook-style punch.

Forward B: Swim- Walugi "swims" through the air and hits his opponent. Another recovery.

Down B: Eggplant- Waluigi pulls out an Eggplant, which you throw. The throw can be charged. Has a 10% chance of being a Bob-Omb.

Up B: Bob-Omb Blast Off- Waluigi uses a Bob-Omb to create an explosion and send him flying into the air.
GRABS
Grab Attack: Knee- Waluigi hits his opponent with his knee.

Forward Throw: Lunge Chuck- Waluigi throws the opponent forward and then lunges at them and kicks them.

Down Throw: Ground Pound- Waluigi throws the opponent on the ground and does a ground pound on them.

Up Throw: Throw Up- Waluigi throws his opponent up.

Back Throw: Flip Throw- Walugi throws the opponent back and does a flip, hitting him with his feet.

SUPER
Mischief Maker- the screen goes black and Waluigi moves across the stage quickly and attacks opponents with the Sidewinder. Once he reaches the other side of the stage the screen returns to normal and Waluigi has any one of the items one of his opponents was carrying (if they weren't carrying any, Waluigi does extra damage to everybody, but gets no item). Please note you have no control over Waluigi during this.

MISC.
Tuant: Waluigi laughs, going, "Wah-ha-ha-ha," and puts his left hand in an upside down L-shape.

Winning Taunts:
  • Flip Spin- Waluigi does a flip, spins around, and puts his left hand in an upside-down L-shape.
  • L-Fall- Waluigi does a handstand, but bends his legs, making him look like an upside down L. He then falls down.
  • Bob-Omb Blast- Waluigi pulls out a Bomb-Omb and throws it in the air multiple times, but then drops it, and it blows up.
  • Crotch Chop- I really don't want to explain this.

Kirby Hat: Kirby grows a moustache and gets Waluigi's hat.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
... Waluigi wasn't in a real game...

So?

I don't understand why this excludes him automatically. Hell, if ANY ONE had said "Solid snake is going to be in the new Melee!" before it came out, we'd have beat them with our mean words... such as YOU IS STUPIDZ!!~!~!123`!! It would seem Nintendo can and WILL throw in some unusual characters... Sakurai even said 'We're going to use some LESS POPULAR characters, not just the big names', on smash dojo.(he said something like, don't quote me, rofl)

Waluigi is a "stupid" filler character, thrown in to give Wario a buddy...

Doesn't that make him MORE likely? Mario has Wario... the game is almost certain to have luigi... and Waluigi is basically luigi's Wario... Soooooooo can't you sorta just take Waluigi's status as partner in crime to wario, and make it an INCLUSION factor, like because now that wario's in, and Mario's in... it's really weird to NOT have Waluigi too?

ohh well, just read this thread and saw those two things and was like... wahh? I'm probably not going to check this thread again, so don't bother asking me/telling me stuff.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You also didn't bother to read what anybody had to say about exactly what you just said. And since I've said it at least twice already, I'm not saying it again.

If you actually care, go back and check.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
You're at least partially wrong there. Waluigi was not made for "multiplayer games." Waluigi was actually created for "MARIO multiplayer games." There is a huge distinction there. The Smash Brothers series is NOT a typical Mario sports games. Those games are licensed to various other companies (like Next Level, Camelot, etc.) and are made so that the Mario characters (including Waluigi in this context) can appear in sports titles because Nintendo knows they will sell.

However, the Smash Brothers series is a very different beast altogether. It was created by a specific person, and he is the director. He oversees all aspects of the game, and in fact, Nintendo wouldn't be doing the sequel without him. Or at least, they wouldn't be doing Brawl as it will come to be known.

If Nintendo had gone ahead making the sequel to Melee without Masahiro Sakurai, either by licensing it to one of their dependable companies, or by doing the work internally, I'd say that yes, Waluigi would have a very good chance at being in the game. However, this is not your average series, as CLEARLY defined by Sakurai himself. He takes a lot of pride in his role as the series' head (enough so to abandon other, third party ventures and return to Nintendo just so he could do it), and he (along with several others) will craft Brawl to be exactly the game that he thinks it should be. He has mentioned that this time, Nintendo is giving him the time and the money he needs to do this sequel right. A deeper and more involved 1player experience is promised, and the addition of the online poll indicates that they are listening to fans' input and really giving this game their all.

My point is that Waluigi has not yet achieved the clout to appear in a game as special as Brawl. Does he have the potential to appear in a Smash Brothers game? Sure. I wouldn't play as him, and would likely spend most of my time beating on him, but I wouldn't oppose him in some future Smash game (either a DS game, or the sequel following Brawl), assuming of course that by then he'll have done something that people care about.

But right now, Waluigi hasn't done anything to warrant an inclusion in Brawl. Brawl is a very special series, and is being hand-crafted to be potentially one of Nintendo's best games ever made. Right now, Waluigi's resume includes appearances playing tennis, golfing, and dancing.
OK. Whereas I still like this arguement let's look at this another way.

Waluigi, as already stated, is another character creation by Nintendo. He was initially created to not only be Wario's party game partner (where applicable) but to also be a mutiplayer games character in general. You are right that Brawl is being developed by Sakurai and his team but that still doesn't mean that Nintendo has no say in the matter. It's still Nintendo's game, so I'm sure if they say that they want a specific 3 characters included they will be. This doesn't directly help Waluigi because he might not be one of those characters but then again he could be. It's like the owner of ford cars. He doesn't design the cars, he lets other do it, yet he can easily say I want this added or I want that taken off.

We've established that he was made for multiplayer games and McFox has specifically stated that he was made for Mario multiplayer games. The thing is that smash takes people from all franchises even if they are not the stars of said franchise. The fact that this is another multiplayer game that has more mario characters than other franchises somewhat helps his chances, especially since they will add more mario characters. He is Nintendo owned and made for multiplayer games, I can't see why this would be different. They obviously wouldn't put him in a game like Diddy kong racing because it doesn't feature any mario characters but Smash Bros does.

Some of you will say that nintendo doesn't like him because he hasn't been in wario ware or any platformer game, or that because he hasn't been in a platformer he doesn't deserve to be in Brawl. We seem to be ignoring the reason for his creation. They only made him for multiplayer games. Why do they need to change their initial concept. Ganon was made to be an arch enemy for Link. Falco was made to be Fox's wingman, and even with the amount of fans he has and has had over the years, he is still just that, Fox's wingman. Same goes for Bowser and many others. Once Nintendo decided what they were going to be used for, they rarely change it. Most characters are still doing exactly what they were created to do even though some have been around for 5/10/20 years. Also, the fact is that neither Nintendo, Sakurai, or anyone else has stated that him being in a party game makes him a worthless character. That is something that was started on these boards for a reason to dispute his possiblity of inclusion into Brawl.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
OK. Whereas I still like this arguement let's look at this another way.

Waluigi, as already stated, is another character creation by Nintendo. He was initially created to not only be Wario's party game partner (where applicable) but to also be a mutiplayer games character in general. You are right that Brawl is being developed by Sakurai and his team but that still doesn't mean that Nintendo has no say in the matter. It's still Nintendo's game, so I'm sure if they say that they want a specific 3 characters included they will be. This doesn't directly help Waluigi because he might not be one of those characters but then again he could be. It's like the owner of ford cars. He doesn't design the cars, he lets other do it, yet he can easily say I want this added or I want that taken off.
Yes, Nintendo does have a say, but like you said, that doesn't help his chances. You're basically saying, "Well, maybe Nintendo will add him", that's a BIG maybe. As I said before, Toad, and Bowser Jr. have priority over him, and Daisy, Birdo, and Toadette are on an equal level with Waluigi. Hell, Birdo is on a higher level because she appeared in real Mario games(SMRPG, Super Mario Bros. 2)

We've established that he was made for multiplayer games and McFox has specifically stated that he was made for Mario multiplayer games. The thing is that smash takes people from all franchises even if they are not the stars of said franchise. The fact that this is another multiplayer game that has more mario characters than other franchises somewhat helps his chances, especially since they will add more mario characters. He is Nintendo owned and made for multiplayer games, I can't see why this would be different. They obviously wouldn't put him in a game like Diddy kong racing because it doesn't feature any mario characters but Smash Bros does.
Yes, but that doesn't really help your argument, not with the characters I named above existing anyway.

Some of you will say that nintendo doesn't like him because he hasn't been in wario ware or any platformer game, or that because he hasn't been in a platformer he doesn't deserve to be in Brawl. We seem to be ignoring the reason for his creation. They only made him for multiplayer games. Why do they need to change their initial concept. Ganon was made to be an arch enemy for Link. Falco was made to be Fox's wingman, and even with the amount of fans he has and has had over the years, he is still just that, Fox's wingman. Same goes for Bowser and many others. Once Nintendo decided what they were going to be used for, they rarely change it. Most characters are still doing exactly what they were created to do even though some have been around for 5/10/20 years. Also, the fact is that neither Nintendo, Sakurai, or anyone else has stated that him being in a party game makes him a worthless character. That is something that was started on these boards for a reason to dispute his possiblity of inclusion into Brawl.
This is where you confuse me, because you use popular characters(and characters who play a big role) as an example. Falco is the 2nd most popular Star Fox character(at least he was when Melee came out), Ganon played a major role, same with Bowser and those many others.

He's worthless, but let's say he wasn't. There are still many characters who have priority over him, either because they're popular or play a big role in their games.

....Here we go again:psycho:.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
The funny thing I figured you would be the first to reply. Like you said, here we go
Yes, Nintendo does have a say, but like you said, that doesn't help his chances. You're basically saying, "Well, maybe Nintendo will add him", that's a BIG maybe. As I said before, Toad, and Bowser Jr. have priority over him, and Daisy, Birdo, and Toadette are on an equal level with Waluigi. Hell, Birdo is on a higher level because she appeared in real Mario games(SMRPG, Super Mario Bros. 2)
1) my post was made to counter McFox's post. Not necessarily saying he will be included

2) like the end of the post says, these priorities that you are stating are just opinions. Until Nintendo or any of the developers say the multiplayer games aren't important your points will still be opinion at best. Like the end of my post said (which you should have read) we are the only ones discrediting the "party" games and your list is clearly related to them.

3) In terms of me saying "maybe" Nintendo will add him your half right. I don't work for them so I'm saying maybe with a reason behind it. Everyone on this forum is basically saying maybe with a reason behind it. Not a single suggestion is garaunteed.
Yes, but that doesn't really help your argument, not with the characters I named above existing anyway.
Actually it does help my arguement. Again my point was that these things can't be held against him, not that they garauntee a spot in Brawl. Your above named characters are just ones you think are above him due to the old "they have been on a platformer" arguement. An arguement I just countered in the post that you quoted.

This is where you confuse me, because you use popular characters(and characters who play a big role) as an example. Falco is the 2nd most popular Star Fox character(at least he was when Melee came out), Ganon played a major role, same with Bowser and those many others.
Why are you missing all my points? This part specifically said that Nintendo makes characters for a reason and keeps them doing what they were made for. As clearly as it was stated, the point was that Falco was made to be a wingman and still is, Ganon was mad to be an arch enemy and still is, Bowser was made to be an arch enemy and still is. Same with other characters. Nowhere did I say Waluigi was more important than them, nor did I discredit their importance. I used them as an example to show that most characters, no matter how important stay in the same direction that they were originally facing. Most don't go off route. I pointed that out because most of you can't grasp that waluigi was made for multiplayer games, you expect him to transcend his initial purpose in games when very few characters actually do.
He's worthless, but let's say he wasn't. There are still many characters who have priority over him, either because they're popular or play a big role in their games.
Worthles is your opinion and I have already stated that he isn't number 1 in terms of priority. I even stated that there are many above him.

Many people that are pro-waluigi have shown that they are reading and considering the statements made by people that are anti-waluigi. We have stated thing such as " I agree but......". Yet the haters just look at the post, miss the point of it and reply with something off topic, as shown in your post.

My previous post was not to say "yes he will be in", it was to say that he has a chance. It was to say that the whole "platformer" arguement is an opinion from these boards, not the developers and shouldn't be treated as fact. To say that he was made for one purpose (just like most characters) and it shouldn't be held against him.

I will say this again. I don't think he is the number 1 choice. I don't even put him in the top 10 yet I still believe he should make it into brawl. I expect 3 to leave and 17 to enter and he should fall in those numbers.

Either way, I'm sure someone will once again miss the point so.......

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Listen birdman, Waluigi isen't priority number 1 to get into brawl, why cant you get that through your head? Theres atleast 50 super sweet pokemon that deserve to get in. Plus, waluigi's nothing but a worthless party game character created for multiplayer MARIO games, why do you insist he's more important than falco and ganondorf?

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Waluigi is fine for me, I need a Anti-Luigi besides Luigi is a filler for me. He was thrown in there to make someone happy and always been forgotten in the Mario games. That's why it's called Super Mario Bros. Not Super Luigi..Bros. We need Waluigi he seems to be fit in Brawl. So what if he was filler? Falco was thrown into Melee as a clone and nothing more. He had only a few differences between Fox and himself. Also Waluigi is not a Wario clone..Waluigi is not fat and huge..like him. Also Waluigi has been in big games himself. All of those Sport games, the new Mario Kart..He least deserves some credit.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I called it. I said someone else would miss the point and reply off topic, or in this case by twisting words.
Listen birdman, Waluigi isen't priority number 1 to get into brawl, why cant you get that through your head? Theres atleast 50 super sweet pokemon that deserve to get in. Plus, waluigi's nothing but a worthless party game character created for multiplayer MARIO games, why do you insist he's more important than falco and ganondorf?
I have already stated that he isn't number 1 in terms of priority. I even stated that there are many above him.
Also, for the second time, I didn't say that he was more important than Falco or Ganondorf. I said:

As clearly as it was stated, the point was that Falco was made to be a wingman and still is, Ganon was made to be an arch enemy and still is, Bowser was made to be an arch enemy and still is. Same with other characters. Nowhere did I say Waluigi was more important than them, nor did I discredit their importance. I used them as an example to show that most characters, no matter how important stay in the same direction that they were originally facing. Most don't go off route. I pointed that out because most of you can't grasp that waluigi was made for multiplayer games, you expect him to transcend his initial purpose in games when very few characters actually do.
In fact, my posts where more of "don't count him out" as opposed to "he will be in because".

I will end the same way I ended my last post:
Either way, I'm sure someone will once again miss the point so.....

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
great arguments birdman. it really defines waluigi's place in brawl. see, it is good that we have great debaters on this thread. it really gives waluigi a good fight for brawl inclusion.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
great arguments birdman. it really defines waluigi's place in brawl. see, it is good that we have great debaters on this thread. it really gives waluigi a good fight for brawl inclusion.
Thanks. I'm glad someone took the time to actual read and understand.

I was starting to think that I worded it improperly

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
colbusman said:
it really gives waluigi a good fight for brawl inclusion.
I don't know what delusion you're living in, but Nintendo isn't watching this "debate" to see who wins and then choose whether or not Waluigi should be in the game based on what birdman and others have to say. He's still not going to be in the game.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
That was a sarcastic post birdman, I posted exactly what you clarified in your last post. I thought saying pokemon should be in the game would have given it away because of my previous posts on this thread. But yeah, I'm all for waluigi in brawl

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
That was a sarcastic post birdman, I posted exactly what you clarified in your last post. I thought saying pokemon should be in the game would have given it away because of my previous posts on this thread. But yeah, I'm all for waluigi in brawl
Sarcasm??:confused: ........Wow, I guess I missed the point that time. My mistake :urg:

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yes, I know. I respect other peoples opinions. But the fact is that he was created as a filler for the Mario sports games obviously. That has been said several times in this thread so far. Maybe once he plays a bigger role in a game and we can see some potential for a decent moveset, I will take back some things i've said about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom