• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Yep.

...Although, about Bowser Jr., I think it stinks that he's hogging all the attention, while the Koopalings are slowly being forgotten.
Agreed, I miss the koopalings.... Bowser jr has a higher chance than waluigi... I just can't see waluigi in brawl because I haven't seen him fight... wario was the main boss in 6 golden coins, had a spin off series, and later wario ware. while waluigi has only appeared in party games, and sports.

I honesly would rather have a koopaling over waluigi. >_>

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Agreed, I miss the koopalings.... Bowser jr has a higher chance than waluigi... I just can't see waluigi in brawl because I haven't seen him fight... wario was the main boss in 6 golden coins, had a spin off series, and later wario ware. while waluigi has only appeared in party games, and sports.

I honesly would rather have a koopaling over waluigi. >_>
You know what's weird? You stated you saw him fight in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, yet he's wearing his WarioWare outfit.

I seem Wario preforming wrestling-like moves, like in Wario World.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
You know what's weird? You stated you saw him fight in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, yet he's wearing his WarioWare outfit.

I seem Wario preforming wrestling-like moves, like in Wario World.
He did fight in Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, but I think they only put him in his Wario Ware outfit because its his indvidual series, and making him a rep of that series will open the possibilty to use other wario ware characters. while putting him in his normal form would
make him look similar to his counter parts, and imo would lower wario ware characters chances.

never played wario world, but in wario land he did alot of different attacks.
And of course he will borrow moves from previous games so its not like he hasn't ever fought.

btw wario got a new title on the DS and I don't think waluigi is in it... I really don't think waluigi should be in until he does something more important. but I guess I won't be against it as long as they don't make him a clone.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
He did fight in Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, but I think they only put him in his Wario Ware outfit because its his indvidual series, and making him a rep of that series will open the possibilty to use other wario ware characters. while putting him in his normal form would
make him look similar to his counter parts, and imo would lower wario ware characters chances.

And of course he will borrow moves from previous games so its not like he hasn't ever fought.

btw wario got a new title on the DS and I don't think waluigi is in it... I really don't think waluigi should be in until he does something more important. but I guess I won't be against it as long as they don't make him a clone.
Due to his lanky appearance, it would be hard for him to be anyone's clone.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
:rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

They'd better not, if they know what's good for them!

:rocket:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
With the appearance of the mario kart stage in brawl I believe waluigi chances are higher he can represent the spin-off series.
Yeah, that's good! A good idea, yes!

Also, D3monicWolv3s, I was saying they're better not make Waluigi a clone.

Stryks

Smash Hero
With the appearance of the mario kart stage in brawl I believe waluigi chances are higher he can represent the spin-off series.
with ur reasoning the toadette has a good chance, and dry bones, and shy guys too!! seriously cmon, the mario kart games represent ALL the mario characters...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Toadette hasn't been around for long enough, and really is no different to Toad. Also the dry bones aren't popular choices for smash, and are too generic, like shy guys.

The only Mario characters I would say have chances are:
Waluigi
Toad
Daisy
Bowser Jr
Petey Pirahna (he is a pretty well known boss since Sunshine)

And of course Geno, but I am not too sure about how popular he is.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi
Toad
Daisy
Bowser Jr
Perfect list of people with chances (now).

And just as a note, if it ends up being a choice between Daisy and Waluigi for Brawl, Waluigi will probably be chosen. I say this because they are both fillers (at least recently) and he seems to be more original than Daisy. He also would have more original moves because of his body structure.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Perfect list of people with chances (now).

And just as a note, if it ends up being a choice between Daisy and Waluigi for Brawl, Waluigi will probably be chosen. I say this because they are both fillers (at least recently) and he seems to be more original than Daisy. He also would have more original moves because of his body structure.
The one character I absolutely DON'T want to see in Btrawl is Daisy!

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Just because Waluigi has a stage doesn't mean he can represent the series. Also, Toad has been in every Mario Kart while Waluigi has been in only a few.

Here are how these are ranked from highest to lowest chances imo:

Toad
Bowser Jr
Waluigi

These two have very low chances:
Daisy
Petey Pirahna

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
What sort of moves would Waluigi even have??
P.S. Sorry if you guys have already talked about this, I don't stop by this thread very often.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Waluigi could be an interesting character...Since he's so tall and lanky he'd have crazy reach. Making him as a Luigified Luigi would make him unique on those grounds alone. I don't know, though; he just doesn't have enough development to really predict the kinds of moves he could have. I play as Waluigi in every game he's in (except MKDD where I play as Toadette and Paratroopa...but that's besides the point...) so I wouldn't mind him in SSBB. I do think other characters deserve it more than he does, though.

Also, and this if off-topic, but I was surprised they didn't but Wario and Waluigi in the Paper Mario games or, especially, the Mario & Luigi games. They seem like perfect fits and Waluigi could use the...secondary-stream spotlight.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I can see Waluigi inBrawl, and yet I can't see Waluigi in Brawl...suggestions of moves may help me see clearer, and everyone else as well.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Just because Waluigi has a stage doesn't mean he can represent the series. Also, Toad has been in every Mario Kart while Waluigi has been in only a few.

Here are how these are ranked from highest to lowest chances imo:

Toad
Bowser Jr
Waluigi

These two have very low chances:
Daisy
Petey Pirahna
I agree, espically with the Daisy and Bowser Jr. stuff.

Stryks

Smash Hero
He means mario kart I believe, whcih NO isnt a WALUIGI stage, the game isnt called waluigi kart no is it? no its MARIO kart cause the MARIO characters ride KARTS...

also:
Toadette hasn't been around for long enough, and really is no different to Toad. Also the dry bones aren't popular choices for smash, and are too generic, like shy guys.

Waluigi
Toad
Daisy
Bowser Jr

And of course Geno, but I am not too sure about how popular he is.
Toadette and waluigi are similair, only appearing in sports and party games, waluigi lacks a good role in mario games, as well as toadette, hes just a ripoff luigi-wario that doesnt have a role/his own game that was created as a FILLER, any character created as a filler is shameful... his chances are low, dont believe me? check the rate their chances thread...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
He means mario kart I believe, whcih NO isnt a WALUIGI stage, the game isnt called waluigi kart no is it? no its MARIO kart cause the MARIO characters ride KARTS...

also:

Toadette and waluigi are similair, only appearing in sports and party games, waluigi lacks a good role in mario games, as well as toadette, hes just a ripoff luigi-wario that doesnt have a role/his own game that was created as a FILLER, any character created as a filler is shameful... his chances are low, dont believe me? check the rate their chances thread...
Actually, Waluigi often has a minor role in the story of sports and party titles, whereas Toadette is often irrelevent and unlockable. I don't believe he was truly created as a filler because fillers are never important at all, like Toadette. Yes, Waluigi was made to be Wario's partner in sports, but only because it would probably be impossible to pull off his wicked schemes alone. He was also created because fans of Luigi didn't want him to be inferior to Mario anymore- also leading to the readdition of Daisy to the cast.

Oh, and the rate their chances thread is just our opinions, outside of SWF things can be quite different....

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Toadette was actually the one who gave the tutorials when you got new shoes or hammers in Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door as well as contributing a message to the backboard and being mentioned by another character. She also likes animals, is pretty emotional, and seems to like Mario. So...she has appeared in a single player Mario game with an actual role.

She's pretty hot, too.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Toadette was actually the one who gave the tutorials when you got new shoes or hammers in Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door as well as contributing a message to the backboard and being mentioned by another character. She also likes animals, is pretty emotional, and seems to like Mario. So...she has appeared in a single player Mario game with an actual role.

She's pretty hot, too.
Yeah I remember the tutorials, but she had nothing to do with it's main storyline to my knowledge. Her characteristics are a bit simplistic like Waluigi's too ( He is a Bob-omb fan, and gets pleasure out of discouraging others, and hates Luigi obviously). So, Toadette has done some things, but little compared to Waluigi's role in games. Also, Toad isn't in yet so that may lower her chances, unless they become a double character.

And Goombella is hotter!!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, if Toad's in, they could make Toadette an alternate costume. Though making Toad a cross dresser/transexual might not fly with some crowds.

And I was actually really sad when Toadette ran away crying after her last tutorial. ; ;

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Me too, I also felt like eating some shrooms.....

Anyway if Toadette is a costume, I guess Toadsworth can be too. Back to Waluigi though, I find it hard for him to be a costume (despite the Paper Mario secret) or clone of anyone. He looks just too different to everyone, which can add to uniqueness.

Waluigi = really long range.

El HP

Smash Ace
Waluigi has lot more important role than toadette have you seen Mario Tennis, Mario Party 3 , Mario Golf or DDR he is basically the main villian what has toadette ever done?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Just a little tidbit: In Japanese Waluigi's name (Waruiji, for the record) literally translates into "Bad Copy". Which also doubles as an accurate character description.

Waluigi = useless.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Just a little tidbit: In Japanese Waluigi's name (Waruiji, for the record) literally translates into "Bad Copy". Which also doubles as an accurate character description.

Waluigi = useless.
No, that's a...

Wait...

I'm remembering something...

Luigi's japanese name, Ruiji, means "similar", which is ironic, since back then, he was identical to Mario. "Bad copy"...

I guess you have a point there. But that doens't mean he's useless.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME said:
I can see Waluigi inBrawl, and yet I can't see Waluigi in Brawl...suggestions of moves may help me see clearer, and everyone else as well.

Me said:
Here's a moveset just for the fun of it. It's my first one, so don't make fun of it too bad.

STATS
Height: 5/5
Weight: 3/5
Power: 2/5
Speed: 4/5
Jump: 3/5

A ATTACKS
Neutral A: Punch- if you press it once he punches right, a second time he punches left, and a third time he knees the opponent with his right leg.

Forward A: Spinning Kick- Waluigi uses his long leg to kick his opponent, spinning around.

Up A: Flip- Waluigi does a flip, hitting opponent's in the air with his legs (sort of like Fox's Up Smash).

Down A: Spin- Waluigi sits on the ground and spins around, hitting opponents on either side of him with his legs.

Dash Attack: Lunge- Waluigi lunges at the opponent, hitting them with his leg.

SMASHES
Forward Smash: Shove- Waluigi pushes his arms forward in a shoving motion.

Down Smash: Split- Waluigi does a split, hitting opponents on both sides of him.

Up Smash: Upward Punch- Walugi does a punch into the air.

AERIALS
Neutral A: Arm/Leg- Waluigi sticks his arm and leg straight out, leaving them until he reaches the ground.

Forward A: Air-Shove- Waluigi lays out in the air and does a shove.

Down A: Punch Down- Waluigi does a punch towards the ground.

Up A: Spin- Waluigi puts his arms and legs out and spins.

SPECIALS
Neutral B: Sidewinder- Waluigi swings his arm around in a hook-like way and punches the opponent.

Forward B: Eggplant- Waluigi pulls out an Eggplant and throws it. It also has a chance of being a Bob-Omb (about 1 in 20 ).

Down B: Piranha Plant- Waluigi takes out a Piranha Plant and extends it in any direction you want him to use it.

Up B: Swim- Walugi "swims" up through the air quickly and hits his opponent. This can be used as a recovery.

GRABS
Grab Attack: Knee- Waluigi hits his opponent with his knee.

Forward Throw: Lunge Chuck- Waluigi throws the opponent forward and then lunges at and kicks them.

Down Throw: Ground Pound- Waluigi throws the opponent on the ground and does a ground pound on them.

Up Throw: Throw Up- Waluigi throws his opponent up.

Back Throw: Flip Throw- Walugi throws the opponent back and does a flip, hitting him with his feet at the last second.

SUPER
Mischief Maker- the screen goes black and Waluigi moves across the stage quickly and attacks opponents with the Sidewinder. Once he reaches the other side of the stage the screen returns to normal and Waluigi can have any one of the items one of his opponents was carrying (if they weren't carrying any, Waluigi does extra damage to everybody, but gets no item). Please note you have no control over Waluigi during this.

MISC.
Tuant: Waluigi laughs, going, "Wah-ha-ha-ha," and puts his left hand in an upside down L-shape.

Winning Taunts:
  • Flip Spin- Waluigi does a flip, spins around, and puts his left hand in an upside-down L-shape.
  • L-Fall- Waluigi does a handstand, but bends his legs, making him look like an upside down L. He then falls down.
  • Bob-Omb Blast- Waluigi pulls out a Bomb-Omb and throws it in the air multiple times, but then drops it, and it blows up.

Kirby's hat: Kirby grows a moustache and gets Waluigi's hat

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I wasn't a fan of Waluigi, until I realized that he'd be completely luck-based. Sinistar71, I believe, posted a great B moveset based around luck. Anyways, since that's exactly what I see his B attacks to be, I'll just leave it at doing an A moveset.

Here's Sinistar's moveset as a a refresher:

B = Party Orb - Waluigi throws an orb a short distance. When it lands, it opens up, revealing one of 4 random things:

1. Sparky bomb - the capsule explodes on contact, just like a bob-bomb, it does less damage then a bob-bomb, around 5 to 10% damage.

2. Mini Waluigi - A mini mario painted purple and black marches forward until it falls of a ledge, if it hits a wall, it walks up it. It does minor damage (2-3%) and grabs onto an opponent on contact, both slowing and weighing them down for a few moments, then it disappears.

3. Piranha plant - a potted piranha plant chomps at anyone foolish enough to get close to it (it attacks anything in a bowser's hitbox sized area). each bite does 7% damage, and on very rare occasions (about a 3% chance, like I said, VERY RARE) it will bite down hard on a layer, swing them around, slam them into the floor, and throw them towards the center of the arena (around 30% to 50% damage, depending on how many times they are slamed into the ground) Beware though, as the piranha plant can hurt waluigi as well. The piranha plant is also the rarest of waluigi's random items. It disappears after awhile, like a red shell.

4. Booster Pop! - A soda bottle that, when picked up, does one of the following:
1. Replenish 20% damage
2. Small attack boost
3. Small Defense boost
4. Small Speed boost
5. Poison! Deals 5 -10% damage
Opponents can also pick up the Booster Pop, just like any healing item.

Waluigi can have up to 2 orbs thrown at a time, the player must wait till the object has been used or vanishes before he can throw another one

^B - Bob-Bomb Blast - Waluigi throws a bob-bomb below him, and the blast sends him upwards to recover. The size of the blast is random, but the larger the blast, the higher waluigi will travel. On random occasions, like Luigi's Green Missile, the bomb will blow up prematurely, sending Waluigi a much greater distance, but also slightly damaging him.

vB - Evil Glare - Waluigi's Eyes light up (just like when he made a point in MArio Tennis for the 64). if hit during this time, the opponent's attack does no half damage (rounded up) and freezes for a few seconds (like jigglypuff's sleep or mewtwo's disable)

>B - Wrecking Rocket - Waluigi pulls out a hammer and begins to spin it around, then he lunges foward and flys through the air. This move is similar to Luigi's Green missile, in that it charges and launches the character foward, but it has no chance of exploding.
For the A attacks, Waluigi is sneaky and underhanded, and a huge cheater, so his moves reflect that.

A: An open-palm thrust.
AA: A sneaky kick to the shins.
Forward Tilt: A quick jab to the gut. Good range, thanks to his spindly limbs.
Up Tilt: Waluigi does a whirling uppercut. Weak, but good vertical range.
Down Tilt: Waluigi does a low kick aimed at the foe’s feet. The knockback is the perfect set-up for a combo.
Forward Smash: Waluigi jabs his two fingers directly at an opponent’s eyes. Subpar knockback, but excellent amount of damage.
Up Smash: Waluigi swing a fist up, thrusting a fistful of dust in the opponent’s face, then does a massive kick that sends them up. The dust is just an effect; it has no effect on the attack itself.
Down Smash: Waluigi does a massive stomp right in front of him, aimed at the foe’s feet. Strange upwards knockback; an unpredictable attack.
Dash Attack: Waluigi whips out a can of pepper spray and sprays straight in front of him with a snicker. Multiple hits, followed by a nice horizontal knockback.

Neutral Aerial: Waluigi pulls out a high-tech device that makes lightning cascade around him, then puts it away hastily.
Forward Aerial: Waluigi does a mighty upward kick just in front of him.
Backwards Aerial: Waluigi whips out his pepper spray and sprays it behind his back without looking. It has multiple hits, followed by slightly downwards tilted knockback.
Upwards Aerial: Waluigi turns his long legs skywards and does a corkscrew kick, somewhat like Samus’s.
Downwards Aerial: Waluigi takes out a ray gun and fires a quick blast beneath his feet. Can be a spike if timed correctly.

Grab: Waluigi pulls out his ray gun and holds it to his opponent’s face. The other guy freezes in place if he's within grabbing range. Tapping A makes Waluigi whack the foe with his gun.
Forward Throw: Waluigi pulls some high-tech gizmo with his other hand, and a comical boxing glove pops out of it. He apparently forgot he’s holding a gun.
Back Throw: Waluigi hits the foe to make him turn around to Waluigi's other side, then kicks him in the back.
Up Throw: Waluigi’s gun short-circuits suddenly, so he uppercuts the foe instead.
Down Throw: Waluigi smashes the foe down with both hands interlocked.

...Yeah. The grab may be a bit of a stretch, but I think it'd be great.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Waluigi striked me as the time of person who would fight, not only with tricks, but with a series of strong kicks, due to his long legs.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
They would also link him back to Wrecking crew somehow like they did in other games, wether it's his stage, his theme, or part of his moveset.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
They would also link him back to Wrecking crew somehow like they did in other games, wether it's his stage, his theme, or part of his moveset.
Stage-wise, I'd prefer to see Waluigi's Island as a theme stage for him; thought perhaps he can use something eggplant-themed in his moveset...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom