• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Nah, Wario has absolutely nothing to do with wrecking crew.

In Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Waluigi's song is called "Destruction Dance". The song is a remix of the bonus game tune from the 1984 NES game Wrecking Crew, though the game itself did not feature Waluigi (it did, however, feature Luigi wearing purple). Waluigi's special ball in Mario Superstar Baseball, the Liar Ball, splits up into a fake ball and a real ball. The fake one is an eggplant, again possibly referring to Wrecking Crew, which had Eggplant Men as enemies. Also, in the Challenge Mode of Mario Superstar Baseball, Waluigi must first obtain an eggplant before he can use this move. This also hints that the eggplant is Waluigi's favorite food, like Wario's is garlic. Another possible reference in this game is the team logo for Waluigi Flankers - on it, Waluigi is wearing shades, and has a laugh just like Foreman Spike's laugh in Wrecking Crew '98. Furthermore, in Mario Kart DS Waluigi's default kart was the Gold Mantis, a construction site crane.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I see, nut upon further inspection....

Many believe that the character of Spike was the basis for Wario, though this can be disproven by the fact Spike has appeared twice since Wario was created. Spike's Wrecking Crew '98 design bears some resemblance to Waluigi.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I could see Waluigi in Brawl. Like the first poster said, the creators have so much freedom to create his movesets. I like the idea that Waluigis moves would be based around the sneaky and theif persona. The idea of his Dash attack with him using pepper spray, I can really see happening. You guys have convinced me that Waluigi would be a great character addition.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The mario kart stage represents ALL mario characters, nto just waluigi, just cause theres a MK lvl dont mean waluigi is in...

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
Exactly my point. I don't really particularly like him either. All I'm saying is that while he serves no real purpose he is a part of the Mario cast now whether we like it or not.
If you don't particuallary like him that much, then what's the point on making a thread supporting him?

He serves no real purpose, which is true, because he was made to rival Luigi and was made as an enemy character of Mario's on the Mario Land series for the game boy color, when mario was rescuing Daisy. So techniqually speaking, Waluigi was made before Mario Tennis 64. Get your facts right before posting. (no offense)

Whether we like it or not? What kind of question is that?

People all over the world (especially japan) support Waluigi strongly. But others (like me) don't support him at all. I think that he is a minor and optional character, just made to rival luigi, and so that Wario has a partner.

The mario kart stage represents ALL mario characters, nto just waluigi, just cause theres a MK lvl dont mean waluigi is in..
(not talking to you, stryks) why would anyone at all ASSUME that since there is a MK level, they just ASSUME that waluigi is in? That is the most ubsurd and ******** thing to think. I think that the MK level is Mario's new level (obviously).

The Waluigi Pinball as a stage would be cool.
What?
I could see Waluigi in Brawl. Like the first poster said, the creators have so much freedom to create his movesets. I like the idea that Waluigis moves would be based around the sneaky and theif persona. The idea of his Dash attack with him using pepper spray, I can really see happening. You guys have convinced me that Waluigi would be a great character addition.

Wow, only three reasons and you're convinced already? You people get convinced easily these days! Name a reason on why Waluigi would be a good character addition to the Brawl Roster, besides those three reasons you used earlier.

And his moves based on Thief and persona? WTF???
Dude, that totally RIPS off of Waluigi in a Tremendous way!
Just cause he looks theivous, doesn't mean that it will be based on his moveset. His chances of getting in are 30% (mainly because he's owned by nintendo, not third party).

End of Discussion.
(no offense)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
If you don't particuallary like him that much, then what's the point on making a thread supporting him?

He serves no real purpose, which is true, because he was made to rival Luigi and was made as an enemy character of Mario's on the Mario Land series for the game boy color, when mario was rescuing Daisy. So techniqually speaking, Waluigi was made before Mario Tennis 64. Get your facts right before posting. (no offense)

Whether we like it or not? What kind of question is that?

People all over the world (especially japan) support Waluigi strongly. But others (like me) don't support him at all. I think that he is a minor and optional character, just made to rival luigi, and so that Wario has a partner.

(not talking to you, stryks) why would anyone at all ASSUME that since there is a MK level, they just ASSUME that waluigi is in? That is the most ubsurd and ******** thing to think. I think that the MK level is Mario's new level (obviously).

What?

Wow, only three reasons and you're convinced already? You people get convinced easily these days! Name a reason on why Waluigi would be a good character addition to the Brawl Roster, besides those three reasons you used earlier.

And his moves based on Thief and persona? WTF???
Dude, that totally RIPS off of Waluigi in a Tremendous way!
Just cause he looks theivous, doesn't mean that it will be based on his moveset. His chances of getting in are 30% (mainly because he's owned by nintendo, not third party).

End of Discussion.
(no offense)
You know, you're really ticking me off with you're "End of Discussion" endings!

If it was really the "End of the Discussion", then this thread would be locked!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Are you like, using a random generator to make your posts or something? (no offense)

EDIT: Oh, I get it. Your post is a joke! Heh, re-reading it, it IS pretty funny. Waluigi made to rival Luigi as an enemy in Mario Land series made for Gameboy Color when Mario was rescuing Daisy... heh. Good one. Love the quadruple contradiction there. We have Luigi in Mario Land which he wasn't, Waluigi when Mario was rescuing Daisy when even Wario didn't appear until Mario Land 2 which Daisy wasn't in, Mario Land series made for Gameboy Color when it was just for the gameboy, and Waluigi being made at all during that time. All within the span of one sentence. Amazing!

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
Are you like, using a random generator to make your posts or something? (no offense)
no, *******. (no offense) (sorry for cussing)

EDIT: Oh, I get it. Your post is a joke! Heh, re-reading it, it IS pretty funny.
No, it isn't. You probably couldn't tell what a joke IS and ISN'T. (no offense)

Waluigi made to rival Luigi as an enemy in Mario Land series made for Gameboy Color when Mario was rescuing Daisy... heh. Good one.
You're a complete Stooge! (no offense)
"made to rival Luigi as an enemy" is what i said, not in Mario Land.

Love the quadruple contradiction there. We have Luigi in Mario Land which he wasn't, Waluigi when Mario was rescuing Daisy when even Wario didn't appear until Mario Land 2 which Daisy wasn't in, Mario Land series made for Gameboy Color when it was just for the gameboy, and Waluigi being made at all during that time. All within the span of one sentence. Amazing!
Okay, starting from the top. I never said that Luigi was in Mario Land, not even talking about wario, and sorry about the game boy thing, i thought that it was on The GBC.

Re-read what you type more often before posting.
(no offense)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

EDIT: Oh, I get it. Your post is a joke! Heh, re-reading it, it IS pretty funny. Waluigi made to rival Luigi as an enemy in Mario Land series made for Gameboy Color when Mario was rescuing Daisy... heh. Good one. Love the quadruple contradiction there. We have Luigi in Mario Land which he wasn't, Waluigi when Mario was rescuing Daisy when even Wario didn't appear until Mario Land 2 which Daisy wasn't in, Mario Land series made for Gameboy Color when it was just for the gameboy, and Waluigi being made at all during that time. All within the span of one sentence. Amazing!
Wait, he actually though Waluigi was an enemy in the Mario Land series?!

Oh come one!

Tatanga and Wario were the main villains in that series. Waluigi was no were in sight.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I know I haven't posted in this topic in awhile, so if anyone's at all curious if my opinion has changed over the last few months... it hasn't. I still hate Waluigi, and he would be a terrible character choice.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I know I haven't posted in this topic in awhile, so if anyone's at all curious if my opinion has changed over the last few months... it hasn't. I still hate Waluigi, and he would be a terrible character choice.
I thought as much.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wow, I really value your input.

And by "I really value your input," I mean that if something takes longer to read than it did for you to type it, please don't post it, because no one cares. You've got almost 20 posts a day which is ridiculous, leading me to believe that you are posting things that no one actually cares to read. The fact that you joined AFTER the last time I posted about Waluigi means you were simply looking for anything to say, just so you could post a reply in this topic, to up your post count for whatever inane reason you're doing so.

Having a high post count doesn't make you respected, but spamming for no reason does get noticed.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Wow, I really value your input.

And by "I really value your input," I mean that if something takes longer to read than it did for you to type it, please don't post it, because no one cares. You've got almost 20 posts a day which is ridiculous, leading me to believe that you are posting things that no one actually cares to read. The fact that you joined AFTER the last time I posted about Waluigi means you were simply looking for anything to say, just so you could post a reply in this topic, to up your post count for whatever inane reason you're doing so.

Having a high post count doesn't make you respected, but spamming for no reason does get noticed.
Did it seem like I was spamming? I'm sorry.

I'll try to say more then just a few words next time.

What I meant by my last statement was that you seem like the kind of person who doesn't like the idea Waluigi in Brawl, and would not support him.

But he's one of my favorites and I support him.

You know, it must really be a pain having to deal with stuff like this all the time (as indicated on your old sig).

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I don't like Waluigi at all, but hey he's really popular and support does count to get in doesn't it? I don't find him worthless but I don't think he is the most deserving one, sorry :(

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I don't like Waluigi at all, but hey he's really popular and support does count to get in doesn't it? I don't find him worthless but I don't think he is the most deserving one, sorry :(
Support is what seperates the the kids from the men. Look at Geno; he's got loads of support, despite having been only in 2 games so far.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I have a theory about Waluigi.

We've all seen that Wario has made the cut for Brawl. How cool would it be to do Mario & Luigi vs. Wario & Waluigi? Well, thing is Wario isn't wearing his standard plumber uniform. Though, there is a chance they might add it as a costume.

My theory is that they will only add Waluigi if Wario gets a costume with his standard clothes since Waluigi doesn't have Warioware styles. Why? Because Waluigi's style wouldn't fit well with Wario's, and they would want to do some sort of doubles with the two rivals as an event or classic run.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Even if they do add alt. costumes and thus they give wario his plumber look, waluigi STILL wont make the cut, he aint important to the series, he was created as a filler and nobody wants him...

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi DOES have Wario Ware styles. He's in Wario Smooth Moves for the Wii in Wario Ware-esque version of his clothes (basically, a Waluigi biker outfit)

(not that that increases his chances by a particularly large amount. He only shows up in some mini-games)

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
I beg to disagree with most on this thread. Waluigi is Luigi's answer to Wario. And Besides, if you like Wario, then doesn't he deserve a sidekick? I admit, there are a LOT of characters already in the Mario Universe, but Waluigi LOOKS like a fighter, and should at least be considered!! Plus he's different than most Mario characters: He's tall and skinny, and looks more evil than Wario IMO. He looks like an insomniac who is one cup of coffee away from a mental breakdown. And he wears blue and black, two very nice colors. Plus the upside down "L" emblem is cool. So...GO WALUIGI! ^_^

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'd love to see Waluigi make the cut-but what would he do?! Although, Waluigi's small appearance in the games he is in could be a good excuse for Nintendo to just BS moves for him-they have a clean slate with him, so they could pull Waluigi off!!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Mona's official profile says that Wario lets her come along on adventures, sometimes, but they've never actually had that in an actual game. Yeesh, you'd think Wario Master of Disguise would have at least used some Wario characters besides Wario himself.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
So...are Wario and Waluigi Bros? I mean I always thought they were, but the trophy in Brawl says there relation is unclear...Weird. :/

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I 'm torn on this one. On one hand, in the games hes in,he uses done such things such as throwing bombs,making fake baseballs,amnogest other gadgets. Fairly normal,right? But in Mario Tennis,the purple twig not only spins himself like a tornado,but can turn the area around into water!Either one of those could potentially be an amazingB^ attack! This guy can apprently do anything because Nintendo has provided very little backgroundto on him,so we don't know what hes capable of. This is the good(and Bad) thing about Waluigi

On the other hand,of course,he was created for just one reason: a expendable filler with no story or background besides that hangs out with Wario and hes Lugis nemesis. Or something else something,we don't know. Thats why he could become a pretty good character, they just need to either put in his own game,a Wario game(either Wario Ware or some kind of Wario Bros thing) or a Luigi game where Walugi is the green bombers main bad guy so we know SOMETHING about him other than the basic stuff.

Of couse, wasn't Waluigi the main bad guy in that Mario version of DDR? This may be a sign that Nintendo is grooming him for something bigger....

Anyway,quick recap: Waluigi=could be absolutely insane in Brwal,we just need a sigh from the big N that hes more than just a random,expendable,filler.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So...are Wario and Waluigi Bros? I mean I always thought they were, but the trophy in Brawl says there relation is unclear...Weird. :/
Well...

Wikipedia:

Waluigi is Wario's younger brother, though this was not clear in many of Waluigi's early appearances. Initially, it appeared that they might be related since they share some facial and psychological characteristics but Waluigi's Super Smash Bros. Melee trophy stated that his relationship to Wario was unclear. However, since Super Smash Bros. Melee, it has been revealed that they are indeed brothers. The Super Smash Bros. Melee trophy also states that Waluigi is the same age as Luigi. He is then, younger than Mario, as the instruction booklet to Super Smash Bros. claims Luigi to be exactly one year younger than Mario. If Waluigi is a twin to Wario, that would make Mario the eldest of the Mario-related plumbers.

Nintendo Europe has also clearly establishes Waluigi and Wario's relationship.

Nintendo of Europe's "Wario's Warehouse" articles from a few years ago had Wario refer to Waluigi as his "dimwit brother." [1]
Nintendo of Europe's Mario Kart DS site has a description of the Waluigi Pinball course that refers to Waluigi as Wario's younger brother.
Nintendo of America also mentioned Waluigi and Wario's brotherhood:

Nintendo of America's old Mario Tennis 64 Page says Wario and Waluigi are indeed brothers.
Further evidence is demonstrated in Wario and Waluigi's team name in Mario Party 6 - the "Wicked Bros." - implying that they are siblings (However, Luigi and Yoshi's team name is "Green Bros.," and it could not be more obvious that they are not brothers).

Wario's (and Waluigi's) relation to the Mario Bros. remains unclear, but there are several theories. The Wario brothers may simply be rivals on Luigi and Mario, but there is some evidence to indicate that they are actually cousins. About the time of Mario Kart 64's release, Nintendo Power had an article in the form of a letter to Mario from Wario signed with "Your Cousin, Wario." However, the evidence appearing in Nintendo Power or on Nintendo websites may or may not be considered part of the canon. Also, Wario's trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee states that Wario is an "old acquaintance," which is certainly less than a cousin.

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Interesting...So Wario and Waluigi are indeed brothers. Well good, because some random skinny plumber coming from nowhere doesn't make any sense. So at least theres some history. So now we need to somehow understand and link the relationship of the Mario & Wario Bros: If they are indeed cousins, or merely aquantances. Though I must admit, if they are cousins, I wonder where Waluigi got his genetics? :p

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is also spiritually Foreman Spike from the Wrecking Crew games (where Mario was the protagonist. Mario was apparently also a construction worker back in the days of Donkey Kong and Wrecking Crew), but I don't think that means anything in the actual storyline canon (for an analogy, Foreman Spike is to Waluigi as Baby Bowser is to Bowser Jr. Lots of intended paralllels but storyline-wise they're two different people)

And there are some vague implications in various games that Wario was a farmer, of all things.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
It's either a mistranslation from the Smash Brothers instruction booklet, or Yoshi's Island (where Mario was technically born before Luigi was, assuming birth begins after you leave the stork's bag) took place over the course of one year.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Luigi one year younger than Mario? they are supposed to be twins.
No, Mario's supposed to be the older brother, and Luigi's supposed to be the younger one.

However, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island confuses things, by saying the Mario Bros. were born as twins...

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
All twins always have an older brother and a younger brother, even if the difference can be mere seconds. Yoshi's Island generally confirms that Mario's the older one (assuming time of birth is when the baby got out of the bag)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom