• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
colbusman said:
no, it means so many people just want to debate over waluigi's inclusion that it seems like waluigi is fighting for brawl inclusion. i love it.
It may SEEM like that... but it's actually not.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Nightmare KoRn Kid
... Waluigi wasn't in a real game...

So?

I don't understand why this excludes him automatically. Hell, if ANY ONE had said "Solid snake is going to be in the new Melee!" before it came out, we'd have beat them with our mean words... such as YOU IS STUPIDZ!!~!~!123`!! It would seem Nintendo can and WILL throw in some unusual characters... Sakurai even said 'We're going to use some LESS POPULAR characters, not just the big names', on smash dojo.(he said something like, don't quote me, rofl)

Waluigi is a "stupid" filler character, thrown in to give Wario a buddy...

Doesn't that make him MORE likely? Mario has Wario... the game is almost certain to have luigi... and Waluigi is basically luigi's Wario... Soooooooo can't you sorta just take Waluigi's status as partner in crime to wario, and make it an INCLUSION factor, like because now that wario's in, and Mario's in... it's really weird to NOT have Waluigi too?

ohh well, just read this thread and saw those two things and was like... wahh? I'm probably not going to check this thread again, so don't bother asking me/telling me stuff.
You're right, Waluigi is a stupid filler character.

I can't really put up a good argument saying that Waluigi isn't likely, because truthfully he's probably got a 50/50 chance of being in the game. What I can say is that Waluigi is completely stupid & I wish Nintendo would forget he exists.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
heres how waluigi shoud be. make him a CLONE of wario. clones take up little space and they take one sixth of the time it takes to make a full character. just make him a lighter, faster, and slightly weaker kind of guy. oh, and replace his atomic fart with an atomic ba-bomb. as long as that happens, I hearby declare waluigi

IMO: I like waluigi, and he should continue doing what he does best: being a filler character. in this case, he should be a filler for smash

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
51 pages. Sick.

Okay, so I've already said my peice here at least twice. Also, I haven't read much of what has been said in here. Not that I don't care, but lets face it; at least half of the human population consists of self centered morons, and this forum is no exception. Plus, 51 pages.

I'm not going to say that anyone who believes Waluigi should be included in Brawl automatically fits into that catergory. I also have seen no good reason why he should be included.

He has no personality. He exists for the sole purpose of being an anti-Luigi. The problem is, he hasn't been well defined enough yet to know what that is. Describe Waluigi's personality for me in such a way that differentiates him from Wario, or any other generic villainous character for that matter, without citing games that one or the other has appeared in. Bowser is different from Waluigi because he's a big frickin' turtle with spikes on his back. Something you don't see every day. Waluigi is a tall skinny dude with a mustache, making him an exagerated version of Luigi, as well as something you do see every day. As a character, there is nothing to separate him from each and every other Mario spinoff series character skin.

And that would be okay if we were refering to a game which has no representation. After all C. Falcon's entire persona was defined by SSB, but the difference is, that was necessary because no one from the F-Zero series had been further developed, and it currently had no representation. The Mario series, by contrast has all ready included far better characters, and is in no danger of being under represented.

I could come up with better arguements, but I don't really feel the need, because as far as I can tell no one has bothered with the most important question yet; why is Waluigi necessary? Is the Mario series in grave danger of being forgotten? Is Waluigi essential to understanding the Mario Universe? Is he a key antagonist/protagonist around which the series has built itself? Does his presence provide insight through his interactions with other more important characters? Does he exist for any other reason than to stand there and look slightly mischeivious? No. He is an unimportant character who has contributed nothing unique to the Mario Universe who could cease to exist without losing any important plot elements.

So, maybe in five years when Waluigi actually possesses a personality, a set of unique characteristics, or contributes something significant to the series he is currently in, maybe then there will be an arguement for his inclusion. But not yet.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Waluigi is the current most unoriginal Nintendo character of all time, right up there with Daisy. But however in recent games he has developed a funny goofy personality. In Mario Power Tennis we saw him doing some rather odd training with Bowser and we found out he is very immature, In Mario Smash Football we found out he is over competative and odd.

Waluigi is soon becoming an original character (so is Daisy for that matter) and they are starting to loose their grip on most unoriginal Mario character Galaxy Toads, Piantas, Nokis and toadette want first place!

When Waluigi develops a full personality (which will be soon) and develops some distinct abilities (It can be in Sport games too, we'll see) then he would be a perfect addition but at his current state I do not think he is ready for Brawl, however he does a have a relative chance I'll admit that.

I still don't want him in Brawl, I'm just admitting he is developing a personality and all that.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
It may SEEM like that... but it's actually not.
i always meant it to be like that. if i didn't say the word SEEM in the first post, then that is my mistake. i never meant it to be serious. i am just saying that a really good debate is happening in this thread, where it seems like half the people are for and the other half are against. don't take everything so seriously dude.

and who knows, maybe one of the workers in "The Studio" is a member of this forum and is looking at everything, weighing out the possibilities of characters.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Waluigi is the current most unoriginal Nintendo character of all time, right up there with Daisy. But however in recent games he has developed a funny goofy personality. In Mario Power Tennis we saw him doing some rather odd training with Bowser and we found out he is very immature, In Mario Smash Football we found out he is over competative and odd.

Waluigi is soon becoming an original character (so is Daisy for that matter) and they are starting to loose their grip on most unoriginal Mario character Galaxy Toads, Piantas and Nokis want first place!

When Waluigi develops a full personality (which will be soon) and develops some distinct abilities (It can be in Sport games too, we'll see) then he would be a perfect addition but at his current state I do not think he is ready for Brawl, however he does a have a relative chance I'll admit that.

I still don't want him in Brawl, I'm just admitting he is developing a personality and all that.
Well said, here some good rep for ya...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
He has no personality. He exists for the sole purpose of being an anti-Luigi. The problem is, he hasn't been well defined enough yet to know what that is. Describe Waluigi's personality for me in such a way that differentiates him from Wario
The personality arguement has started again. He's what we know about him:

He's rude, cocky, dim-witted and always wants to do better than others. He tends to make rudes comments, seems to like dancing, wrestling and other sports, is friends with Wario, hates the Mario Bros., and has a crush on Daisy.

What do we know about IC and G&W? Pretty much nothing. What do we know about Mario? He can jump. And IMO, most people like the Mario games rather than the actual character. But that's just my opinion.
Waluigi is the current most unoriginal Nintendo character of all time, right up there with Daisy.
I think that people are forgeting of an even less original character than Waluigi and Daisy. She first appeared in Mario Kart: Double Dash, and her name begins with Toad- and ends with -ette.
But however in recent games he has developed a funny goofy personality. In Mario Power Tennis we saw him doing some rather odd training with Bowser and we found out he is very immature, In Mario Smash Football we found out he is over competative and odd.
:)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
So you're saying Waluigi should be included because a worse character exists? By that logic, Optimus Prime is a better character than Steve Urkel, so I guess he should be tossed in too.

(Btw, female Toad vs. slightly taller and more mischievous Luigi... that's a tough call in my book)

Andy

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I just want Waluigi in to complete the Wicked Bros. It's a longshot, but i want him in, even though he's not original.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually now Camelot has somewhat left Nintendo dont expect Waluigi to be in Brawl. Camelot really was the only company which gave Waluigi atleast SOME personality. Not that it was a solid character but Camelot atleast TRIED...

GenG

Smash Lord
Actually now Camelot has somewhat left Nintendo dont expect Waluigi to be in Brawl. Camelot really was the only company which gave Waluigi atleast SOME personality. Not that it was a solid character but Camelot atleast TRIED...
Camelot created Waluigi under permission of Nintendo. Nintendo owns Waluigi, that's why he appears in games like Mario Party (Hudson), Mario Kart Double Dash and DS (EAD), Mario Baseball (Namco), Mario Hoops 3 on 3 (Square-Enix) and so on...
And Camelot hasn't forsaken Nintendo, they are only focusing in their own online Golf game so his games with Nintendo are being postponed.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Camelot created Waluigi under permission of Nintendo. Nintendo owns Waluigi, that's why he appears in games like Mario Party (Hudson), Mario Kart Double Dash and DS (EAD), Mario Baseball (Namco), Mario Hoops 3 on 3 (Square-Enix) and so on...
And Camelot hasn't forsaken Nintendo, they are only focusing in their own online Golf game so his games with Nintendo are posponed.
What he said XD

I was just gonna say alll that myself, but thanks for saving my fingers

xianfeng

Smash Hero
But Camelot has developed his personality the most and has liked him the most, Waluigi was only in DD because Wario needed a partner, he was in Mario Party to expand the character roster and MKDS, MSB and MH3o3 because he has become a regular filler, Brawl doesn't need him.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Waluigi is one of my top ten, though Ithink, if he gets in, he should be classified as a Wario character. I think it only makes sense.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It's only obvious for Nintendo to include him, after all, I don't remember Luigi being extremely popular before the original SSB. I do believe Luigi hit it big on the Gamecube, Wii could be Waluigi's console to shine on.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know this topic already exist!

Waluigi for Brawl!!!

I mean is Wario out there and Mario, and maybe Luigi and why not Waluigi?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I didn't know this topic already exist!

Waluigi for Brawl!!!

I mean is Wario out there and Mario, and maybe Luigi and why not Waluigi?

Cause waluigi was created as a filler, he aint popular, hell no one likes him actualyl just a few, and in the only games he appeares in are sports and party games, the guy doesnt have his own game like wario, he doesnt deserve a spot in brawl...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Cause waluigi was created as a filler, he aint popular, hell no one likes him actualyl just a few, and in the only games he appeares in are sports and party games, the guy doesnt have his own game like wario, he doesnt deserve a spot in brawl...
He could get his own game eventually, and Brawl could be a stepping stone on the way there!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Actually he is a little more popular than you think. And he played a larger role in Mario Party 3. After clearing all other boards, Waluigi will steal the mischief star stamp and take it to Waluigi's Island, where the player must complete another round to get it back, making him kind of a boss character in that game. And he probably deserves the spot better than most remaining Mario characters.

Also Luigi's first game came after Smash Bros., so Waluigi can do so too if Nintendo chooses to. Also he apparently has a possible connection to Wrecking Crew (NES, 1984) :

In Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Waluigi's song is called "Destruction Dance". The song is a remix of the bonus game tune from the 1984 NES game Wrecking Crew, though the game itself did not feature Waluigi (it did, however, feature Luigi wearing purple). Waluigi's special ball in Mario Superstar Baseball, the Liar Ball, splits up into a fake ball and a real ball. The fake one is an eggplant, again possibly referring to Wrecking Crew, which had Eggplant Men as enemies. Also, in the Challenge Mode of Mario Superstar Baseball, Waluigi must first obtain an eggplant before he can use this move. This also hints that the eggplant is Waluigi's favorite food, like Wario's is garlic. Another possible reference in this game is the team logo for Waluigi Flankers - on it, Waluigi is wearing shades, and has a laugh just like Foreman Spike's laugh in Wrecking Crew '98. Furthermore, in Mario Kart DS Waluigi's default kart was the Gold Mantis, a construction site crane. These facts could however also point to Waluigi having a job as a construction worker.

If these connections are true they could base his moves from the Parties, Sports games, AND even Wrecking Crew.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Actually he is a little more popular than you think. And he played a larger role in Mario Party 3. After clearing all other boards, Waluigi will steal the mischief star stamp and take it to Waluigi's Island, where the player must complete another round to get it back, making him kind of a boss character in that game. And he probably deserves the spot better than most remaining Mario characters.
And what game did that happend? a mario PARTY game...
Wow he stole a star, woopeedoo, I still dont c his own game, having a role in a REAL mario game, and c his do attacks or use some sort of weapon, unlike wario that had his own game, and toad who has appeared in almost every mario game, if u dont believe me, c the rate their chances thread hes in LAST place...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
And what game did that happend? a mario PARTY game...
Wow he stole a star, woopeedoo, I still dont c his own game, having a role in a REAL mario game, and c his do attacks or use some sort of weapon, unlike wario that had his own game, and toad who has appeared in almost every mario game, if u dont believe me, c the rate their chances thread hes in LAST place...
That's just our opinions, he is popular in Japan even as a filler, and Nintendo still added Wario and Metaknight and such, regardless of popularity.
Popular or not, he is the next best choice for a Mario character (other than Bowser Jr)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
That's just our opinions, he is popular in Japan even as a filler, and Nintendo still added Wario and Metaknight and such, regardless of popularity.
Popular or not, he is the next best choice for a Mario character (other than Bowser Jr)
Yep.

...Although, about Bowser Jr., I think it stinks that he's hogging all the attention, while the Koopalings are slowly being forgotten.

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol wario and metaknight were some of the most top requested characters, I believe metaknight actually beat Dedede in requests...

The next best mario chara- ill just pretend I didnt heard that...
Bowser jr/shadow mario has apepared in a lot of games, main enemy in SM sunshine, and has become way popular, toad has been requested for a while, the guy appeared in smb2 and has apepared in almost every mario game since then, the guy has a great chance, daisy has a good chance too, she isnt similair in peach in any way, well just the occupation and look a bit, thats it, daisy is more tomboy-ish, she can be a tad faster, stronger peach, she can use moves from sports games, and be more brutal when talking about her moveset...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
lol wario and metaknight were some of the most top requested characters, I believe metaknight actually beat Dedede in requests...

The next best mario chara- ill just pretend I didnt heard that...
Bowser jr/shadow mario has apepared in a lot of games, main enemy in SM sunshine, and has become way popular, toad has been requested for a while, the guy appeared in smb2 and has apepared in almost every mario game since then, the guy has a great chance, daisy has a good chance too, she isnt similair in peach in any way, well just the occupation and look a bit, thats it, daisy is more tomboy-ish, she can be a tad faster, stronger peach, she can use moves from sports games, and be more brutal when talking about her moveset...
Yes, Bowser Jr. is definitely the most popular one!

And King Dedede is my most wanted character for Brawl, FYI.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
People fear Toad may become too generic for Brawl (I think otherwise but it's not my choice). Also about Daisy, many of her moves are also likely to originate from the Mario Sports/Party games, and she isn't that widely known just yet(some still mistake her for peach when alone).

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
People fear Toad may become too generic for Brawl (I think otherwise but it's not my choice). Also about Daisy, many of her moves are also likely to originate from the Mario Sports/Party games, and she isn't that widely known just yet(some still mistake her for peach when alone).
I'd actually wouldn't mind seeing Toad.

In a Nintendo Power poll, it was said he was just as popular as Wario, and look, Wario's a confirmed character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom