• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Why is there so much Waluigi hate? Sure he's another Mario character, but it would be kinda unfair to not include him at this stage. Something tells me he will get in, whether we like it or not. Wario is in, so why are people so anti-Waluigi?

Look, putting him in probably won't affect Geno's chances, ok?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
meh nobody really wants him. he doesnt do anything special. people just think he should get in because every other important mario character is. but if we dont want him, we dont need him. he would just be wasting space for other characters. and noone wants that.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
meh nobody really wants him.
You can't really say that, I'm sure there are a lot of people that want Waluigi in Brawl, and then there are not, to my eyes, Waluigi has like a 50/50 Fan Base, 50% Like him, 50% hate him(and he should also be voted the most controversal character so far if in brawl :p)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He's better than any pokemon
wrong

WindGuru said:
Why is there so much Waluigi hate? Sure he's another Mario character, but it would be kinda unfair to not include him at this stage. Something tells me he will get in, whether we like it or not. Wario is in, so why are people so anti-Waluigi?

He's a filler and if he's in it means he's in over someone original.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
wrong

He's a filler and if he's in it means he's in over someone original.
^^^this never gets old. (Sarcasm) Read some of my previous post, most of the characters that are suggested in this forum are not original. Especially Daisy

Anyway consider this, as much as some of you dislike him he will still probably be in brawl. It's the type of game he was made for, look up his profile.
Direct quote: "Waluigi is a fictional character from the Mario series who appears in spin-off games, as opposed to main platformer titles."
Smash is a spin-off game, as opposed to a main platformer.

Direct quote: "The Waluigi character was deliberately created to be a selectable character in various multiplayer games"
Smash is a multiplayer game.

This is his M.O. As stated, he was made to be in spin-off, multiplayer games. Don't bother saying that his chance are low because there not. It's like saying Luigi won't be in the next Mario game, although possible, it's highly unlikely.

For the "he would take a more important characters spot" arguement, where's the basis? If nintendo announced that the last spot up for grabs between waluigi and _____, whose to say you would prefer the other character. Even Mcfox (the most adamant waluigi hater) can admit there are still a few (one or two) characters that he wants in less than waluigi. We all have our ideas but none of us know Sakurai's order of importance, we just think we do.

The "nobody wants him" statement is also a "sad" statement. This thread has close to 700 posts worth of people attacking AND defending him.

Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean they're the worst thing that could happen. I'm sure some people can say the same about the characters you are hopefull for.

My apologies if this sounds rude or mean but it's just so annoying to hear people bash an idea repeatedly without bringing anything to the table. I'm against sonic more than any other character suggestion, yet I don't go to that thread because I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said many times over.

Those of you that have said anything worth reading, please know I'm not talking to you. I appreciate your contribution. Those that are basically spamming, please reread this post.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
meh ur wrong that waluigi was made for brawl.
smash is a game for popular main characters. not spin off characters. even if you do consider it a spin off game.
the only way i see waluigi having a chance as a character is because of his link with the mario brothers. and sadly because of that, i auctually think its pretty high. i dont want him though. i dont see how he would be unique in any way.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
meh ur wrong that waluigi was made for brawl.
smash is a game for popular main characters. not spin off characters. even if you do consider it a spin off game.
According to this site, spin-off are games that don't affect the francshise timline. Games that don't really go with the normal story. That makes smash sound like a spin-off game to me therfore it sounds logical that a spin-off character would be added.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
According to this site, spin-off are games that don't affect the francshise timline. Games that don't really go with the normal story. That makes smash sound like a spin-off game to me therfore it sounds logical that a spin-off character would be added.
have any spin off characters ever been added?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think it was supposed to imply that we'd be getting desperate by putting him in over a bunch of original characters who deserve it more than him.

WindGuru, the Wario Ware characters should be with Wario, because that's his main franchise, not Mario party/tennis/golf/soccer/every sport you can think of.

Wario Ware characters deserve it more than Waluigi, hell, Waluigi doesn't even appear in Wario Ware.

Cerberus360

Smash Cadet
I've never liked Waluigi, but I've never not liked him. If Wario is in Waluigi should be in, why should mario get Wario and bowser and Luigi only gets bowser?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Did you just read my above post? Wario doesn't always go with Waluigi, he should go with characters from his series, Wario Ware.

Luigi's main enemy is King Boo anyway, not Waluigi.

D

Deleted member

Marshigio, you've got a point. But I still think Waluigi should be in it. I hope whoever creates the Wario Ware games has the sense to add a Waluigi cameo in the next one.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I think it was supposed to imply that we'd be getting desperate by putting him in over a bunch of original characters who deserve it more than him.
You read my first post on this page right?

WindGuru, the Wario Ware characters should be with Wario, because that's his main franchise, not Mario party/tennis/golf/soccer/every sport you can think of.

Wario Ware characters deserve it more than Waluigi, hell, Waluigi doesn't even appear in Wario Ware.
It's been said by pros and cons that he sould not get in because of any ties to Wario. That would actually upset me because I don't think characters has to have a "partner". Just because they were in wario ware dosen't mean any of them deserve to be in brawl either. Every kong in the DK universe doesn't need to be included as an example.

Luigi's main enemy is King Boo anyway, not Waluigi.
Why, beacuse of the mansion? It was a one-time thing. Also, he actually went after mario, luigi was just trying to save his brother. That doesn't make him Luigi's main enemy. The next appearance he makes is Mario Sunshine, again attacking mario.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Just because they were in wario ware dosen't mean any of them deserve to be in brawl either. Every kong in the DK universe doesn't need to be included as an example.
Want to argue about the Wario Ware character's inclusion? Do that in the Wario Ware thread, I made it, I was just using it as an example.

Why, beacuse of the mansion? It was a one-time thing. Also, he actually went after mario, luigi was just trying to save his brother. That doesn't make him Luigi's main enemy. The next appearance he makes is Mario Sunshine, again attacking mario.
It was a one-time thing, that was his only game(but Mario's missing wasn't even made by Nintendo). He still fought King Boo, and notice in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(another spin-off), King Boo is paired with Petey. They were trying to make King Boo Luigi's enemy and Petey Mario's enemy, that much is obvious.

If Waluigi was Luigi's main enemy, he would've appeared in his main game.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
It was a one-time thing, that was his only game(but Mario's missing wasn't even made by Nintendo). He still fought King Boo, and notice in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(another spin-off), King Boo is paired with Petey. They were trying to make King Boo Luigi's enemy and Petey Mario's enemy, that much is obvious.
How is that obvious. They were the only two characters that didn't have any obvious pairing.
From looking at the select screen you could easily tell who would pair with who. They were the only 2 odd ones which forced them to pair together. That dosen't mean they are supposed to be Mario and Luigi's rivals.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
How is that obvious. They were the only two characters that didn't have any obvious pairing.
From looking at the select screen you could easily tell who would pair with who. They were the only 2 odd ones which forced them to pair together. That dosen't mean they are supposed to be Mario and Luigi's rivals.
Hmmm....let's see. King Boo was the main enemy of Luigi's Mansion, and Petey was a boss in Super Mario Sunshine. I think it was pretty obvious that they are considered enemies of those characters.

Petey was in because for some reason, he has fans. He's not Mario's main enemy, Bowser is. King Boo was Luigi's main enemy in his first game(Mario is Missing wasn't made by Nintendo), therefore making him his main enemy, not Waluigi.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
How can Waluigi be a main enemy? I don't think "I'm going to play against you in tennis!" is comparable to "The princess is in another castle."

Crom

Smash Journeyman
but if we dont want him, we dont need him. he would just be wasting space for other characters. and noone wants that.
"no he isnt... thats an insult to waluigi fans you know?" :laugh:

But anyways, I've never really been a big fan of any of the Mario characters until Waluigi came along. To me, the only cool thing about Mario is almost all his games are good, theres nothing really cool about the actual character itself. But on the other hand, we have Waluigi, who's never really had his own game, and everyone here seems to hate him because of it. If you base it off just appearance and personality, with no previous game reputation taken into account (as in, compare them as equals, not with a huge bias towards mario), I think Waluigi is much better.

P.S.:
Waluigi > any/all pokemon ever created/concieved/thought of in all of existence, ever. (mewtwo is ok). Hopefully, when the creater said some characters woulden't be returning, he ment all the pokemon, because for the most part they're popularity seems to have died down and now its not much more than an embarrassment to Nintendo to continue featuring them in anything. Maybe they put pikachu into the brawl trailer as a joke, so they could get the pokemon fans' hopes up, just to bring them crashing back down when they find out no pokemon or anything pokemon related will be included.

D

Deleted member

"no he isnt... thats an insult to waluigi fans you know?" :laugh:

But anyways, I've never really been a big fan of any of the Mario characters until Waluigi came along. To me, the only cool thing about Mario is almost all his games are good, theres nothing really cool about the actual character itself. But on the other hand, we have Waluigi, who's never really had his own game, and everyone here seems to hate him because of it. If you base it off just appearance and personality, with no previous game reputation taken into account (as in, compare them as equals, not with a huge bias towards mario), I think Waluigi is much better.
Thank you.

GenG

Smash Lord
Waluigi > any/all pokemon ever created/concieved/thought of in all of existence, ever. (mewtwo is ok). Hopefully, when the creater said some characters woulden't be returning, he ment all the pokemon, because for the most part they're popularity seems to have died down and now its not much more than embarrassment to Nintendo to continue featuring them in anything. Maybe they put pikachu into the brawl trailer as a joke, so they could get the pokemon fans' hopes up, just to bring them crashing back down when they find out no pokemon or anything pokemon related will be included.
This is a very sad quote. Do you really think that Nintendo will stop to feature characters from their most popular and power selling franchise worlwide? Absolutely not.

And, actually, 386 Pokémon designs > Waluigi. Game Freak at least was creative.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
no, I dont really think that, I just dont like pokemon. Pay more attention to the first paragraph then the second one. Maybe they would stop featuring pokemon if they put quality over selling power though

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
no, I dont really think that, I just dont like pokemon. Pay more attention to the first paragraph then the second one. Maybe they would stop featuring pokemon if they put quality over selling power though
So let me get this straight. YOU think any Pokemon WON'T get because YOU don't like them and YOU feel they're a waste of time?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Right, because quality isn't the CAUSE of Pokemon's selling power.

...oh wait, yes it is.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Right, because quality isn't the CAUSE of Pokemon's selling power.

...oh wait, yes it is.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. You're refering to the gameboy Pokemon games right? If you are, I would say yes, the actual concept/gameplay is good quality, but not the actual pokemon characters themselves. They just combine random animals with random elements and give it a stupid name, and the main characteristic of that pokemon is that it can say its own name and it shoots out whatever element was assigned to it. The quality of the characters themselves is whats going to be in smash, not the quality of the game it was from

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer

Waluigi is not better than every single Pokemon. The word Waluigi in my mind is synonymous with "unoriginal."

"I know, let's make an evil Luigi! We'll call him... Waluigi!"

"That's brilliant! It's not completely random and that's not a stupid name!"

I don't know where your opinions spawned from, but don't think that just because you think them that it makes them true. Do you realize how hypocritical you sound? All of the "arguments" you're using against every single Pokemon completely apply to Waluigi as well.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
If they do put Waluigi I can't wait to see a combo video.:chuckle:
I find that funny as well, because this is another way that I cannot imagine Waluigi in Brawl. I mean, think about it, if you have ever really seen Waluigi walk/run he does look a tad strange.

-SMB

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is not better than every single Pokemon. The word Waluigi in my mind is synonymous with "unoriginal."
Alright, yeah I'll agree he's not better than all of them, some are pretty cool. Did you read that post about his name on either the last page or the one before it? Someone explained how they got the name and its better than it looks (Edit: page 45 is where his name is explained). When I say he's better than most pokemon, I'm pretty much thinking about the pokemon included in smash so far, pichu, pikachu and jigglypuff. Mewtwo isent so bad though, I like how he does everything so effortlessly

I don't know where your opinions spawned from, but don't think that just because you think them that it makes them true.
I know, I just wanted to elobarate on the reason I dislike them (so if I'm wrong, someone can tell me and maybe change my veiws on them)

Do you realize how hypocritical you sound? All of the "arguments" you're using against every single Pokemon completely apply to Waluigi as well.
Yeah, I guess you could apply them to the way Waluigi was created aswell, but, to me he seems to have more of a personality than pokemon, thats why I diden't. Even if they do add in Waluigi to the new smash, I probably wont use him, I just think he would be cool addition to the cast.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Waluigi > any/all pokemon ever created/concieved/thought of in all of existence, ever. (mewtwo is ok). Hopefully, when the creater said some characters woulden't be returning, he ment all the pokemon, because for the most part they're popularity seems to have died down and now its not much more than an embarrassment to Nintendo to continue featuring them in anything. Maybe they put pikachu into the brawl trailer as a joke, so they could get the pokemon fans' hopes up, just to bring them crashing back down when they find out no pokemon or anything pokemon related will be included.
Wrong.

Waluigi's chances are average and he doesn't look cool, I hope he's not in.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I was just doing something right and something slipped into my mind, IF waluigi got in, Daisy proberly would too (both being as important as eachother) and I figured well Waluigi could represent the Party games being the commercial villain he is and Daisy could represent the sport games being as strong as she is, not that I want Waluigi in but I would be ok with it because that means Daisy would proberly be in too.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
nearly every pokemon would be a better character than waluigi. at least they are unique. auctually every humanoid pokemon would be a better character than waluigi. who wouldnt? ludicolo would be better if you ask me.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
fierce_oni, inslting ppl is rly dum when u type like a 3 years old

And xianfeng, characters aren't picked to represent anything in the sense that you're trying to convey that they are. Waluigi for party games, Daisy for sports, Pikachu for Pokemon Red and Blue, Jigglypuff for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, Pichu for Gold and Silver, Mewtwo for FireRed and LeafGreen, Ganondorf for Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, Zelda for Zelda 1 and 2, Link for Link's Awakening and Minish Cap? It's all kind of silly.

You are right about one thing. If Waluigi gets in, Daisy will probably get in too, because they have the same level of importance, IE none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom