• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
I despise Geno I really really do, but he will get in long before Waluigi
Couldn't have said it better.

And how can you (Mastermind) argue that Waluigi even has a SHRED of personality? He's like a skinny clone of Wario! The whole reason he was created was so that Wario could have a "Luigi"-like brother.

At least Wario has been in his fair share of games.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
There are people people who still think that Waluigi has no personality? The only similarity (personality wise) between Waluigi and D.ick Dasterdly is that they both cheat.

Waluigi still has so much personality. Even many anti-Waluigi guys admit that. But, unfortunately, personality itself won't get you in Brawl.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Waluigi is different from Wario if you actually played the sports games and party games.

Wario is more greedy and totally concerned with money while Waluigi is more deceptively evil. He seems more sneaky in personality and has disgust against the regular Mario Brothers. Wario only steps on the other Mario brothers because he is either jealous of Mario or there is a profit to earn. Waluigi has a unique rivalry with them. Waluigi is the one that encourages Wario to join Bowser in the opening scene of Mario Power Tennis.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Waluigi is jealous of everyone because he sucks as a character. He's so unoriginal that he was based on three characters who are somewhat similar to start with.
How are these three alike?

Mario - Humble, Good hearted Courageous, out of shape but manages to succeed

Luigi - Cowardly, Humble, Good hearted, Despite being cowardly, he has a lot of courage when needed and rises to the occassion when needed. Dependable.

Wario - Greedy, unreliable, out of shape, not heroic unless personal gain is allowed, very much a rogue.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
How are these three alike?

Mario - Humble, Good hearted Courageous, out of shape but manages to succeed

Luigi - Cowardly, Humble, Good hearted, Despite being cowardly, he has a lot of courage when needed and rises to the occassion when needed. Dependable.

Wario - Greedy, unreliable, out of shape, not heroic unless personal gain is allowed, very much a rogue.
Mario- Humble, good-hearted, courageous

Luigi- He's similar because he's everything Mario is, but he's also cowardly yet courageous when needed, and for some reason less recognized even though his skills are similar

Wario- He's similar in the fact that he's the total antithesis of Mario

Waluigi- He's similar because he's the total antithesis of Luigi and based off of Wario

~Waluigi~
Is he a good character? Meh, he's alright.
Is he original? No, but nothing is really original anymore.
Was he needed in the series? Meh, it's nice to have him around for Wario and Luigi.

Is he important to the series? At this point, not at all.
Should he be in Brawl? As a cameo, not a playable character. He doesn't deserve it yet.
Should he get a better reputation before joining the fray? Absolutely, but not a moment sooner.

RDK

Smash Hero
Waluigi is jealous of everyone because he sucks as a character. He's so unoriginal that he was based on three characters who are somewhat similar to start with.
:chuckle: GG.

mad_dog_0110

Smash Rookie
Well lots of interesting points are raised here. I say why not...throw Waluigi in the fray. Wario is an established character...adventure games, WarioWare games (which rock)...but Waluigi really isn't. So like someone else said they can use Brawl to sort of establish some skills and moves for him that can carry over into other games should he ever have some kind of starring role. I mean...Wario has a chopper and an atomic fart. Those are pretty random and cool. The amount of stuff they could do with Waluigi is limitless. In response to the people who say there are too many Mushroom Kingdom representatives already...I see your point but c'mon people. It's a Smash Bros. game. Mario and Luigi are the biggest mascots ever for Nintendo. So why not have their rivals in the game...even though Waluigi was originally created as pretty much a filler character he's here now...might as well give him some personality. So with all the characters being announced and yet another delay giving the developers ample time to throw in some more characters...I say bring on the lanky creepy antithesis of Luigi for brawl.

mad_dog_0110

Smash Rookie
Got one more comment to make...don't get me wrong I'm not a big Waluigi enthusiast...I won't be mad or anything if he's not in the game (I'm too busy lobbying for the addition of Bill Rizer from Contra as a playable character) but like I said before...why not? Then I look at some of these other comments and some of the reasons you guys say Waluigi shouldn't make it are just silly. Such as "He doesn't deserve it yet." Hmm....last I checked Waluigi was a ficitional character. Doesn't deserve it yet? What do you think Wario got the WarioWare games by auditioning...Mario's a big hit cuz he's got a good agent that gets him good gigs? Come on people...he's a video game character. He can't be deserving or undeserving of something. The only reason he's not as well received as Wario is because Nintendo hasn't developed him yet...he's just been in a bunch of multiplayer games. What can someone who doesn't exist do to deserve something? Anyway...I seriously think we should just see a buttload of character additions in the coming months...I mean the game has been pushed back to February now so bring them out of the woodwork Nintendo...everyone and their brother will have their own favorite character cuz the roster will be so well rounded and diverse. More brawlers, please!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Ehh Waluigi is king of filler(delphia). His moves IIRC on Party games were to THROW ITEMS AND FILLER THINGS(IE Bob-ombs, Piranha Plants, etc).

Waluigi is nothing but Daisy, with his character background.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
Actually, daisy has been in a game besides a sport, party mario game...super mario land and the six golden coins I think...or maybe the prequal...I forget, but she is in one of them.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
All you're doing is pointing out the obvious; Waluigi was a Protagonist in "Dance! Dance! Revolution Mario Mix". I saw somewhere stating he was in a bulldozer as the protagonist of some game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Waluigi's voice would get pretty annoying with him screaming all the time. (Because he'd only be getting owned)

He has a voice that makes you want to strike an infant child in the face multiple times, then procede to KNEE a small fuzzy-wuzzy, warm-bellied puppy into a flag poll, causing it to snap and send THE AMERICAN FLAG careening into a puddle of mud, where the knee-stricken puppy then defecates on it.

Yeah. :ohwell:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually the last part of the second paragraph sounds like a good ending... very good ending.

Anyways Smash bros is not a proving ground... it is not a base for a character... it is a place where the proven gather... no one else.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
All you're doing is pointing out the obvious; Waluigi was a Protagonist in "Dance! Dance! Revolution Mario Mix". I saw somewhere stating he was in a bulldozer as the protagonist of some game.
"DDR:MM" does not count at all.
And the "guy in the bulldozer" isn't Waluigi, his name is Foreman Spike, who was actually the precursor to Wario.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually the last part of the second paragraph sounds like a good ending... very good ending.
He has a voice that makes you want to strike an infant child in the face multiple times, then procede to KNEE a small fuzzy-wuzzy, warm-bellied puppy into a flag poll, causing it to snap and send THE UNION JACK careening into a puddle of mud, where the knee-stricken puppy then defecates on it.

Better.... er... worse?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
"DDR:MM" does not count at all.
And the "guy in the bulldozer" isn't Waluigi, his name is Foreman Spike, who was actually the precursor to Wario.
Why doesn't it count? It's a 3 party game (I think) andit has dancing in it. If dancing isn't a game, Toad's game isn't a technical game. Choose your words wisely.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
That's a major hyperbole you made there, I was only refering to "THE TOAD" that had his insanely popular puzzle game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why doesn't it count? It's a 3 party game (I think) andit has dancing in it. If dancing isn't a game, Toad's game isn't a technical game. Choose your words wisely.
That doesnt change the fact that toad is... whats the word... POPULAR, sure hes deconfirmed, but that doesnt reallyhelp waluigi now does it racist?

seeing how hes POPULAR and didnt made it, and waluigi AINT popular... think about it...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
That doesnt change the fact that toad is... whats the word... POPULAR, sure hes deconfirmed, but that doesnt reallyhelp waluigi now does it racist?

seeing how hes POPULAR and didnt made it, and waluigi AINT popular... think about it...
Waluigi is out no question.

Toad is popular, woo-hoo. If he was popular, why the hell does every on my buddy list think he's AT. I've only heard like 5 people on my list say character. I don't care if he's popular, he'd be a bland character. He is just like Daisy and Waluigi. One of the Fillers.

Popularity isn't a shoe-in all the time. Look at Geno and Lloyd Irving, hypocrite.

RDK

Smash Hero
Popularity isn't a shoe-in all the time. Look at Geno and Lloyd Irving, hypocrite.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. We don't know if they haven't been added or not. Another hole-filled argument.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
No no no, I'm not talking about the generic Toads Species, I'm talking the UNIQUE Toad! Yeah! The Japanese named one!

So, if you want Toad for Brawl you're going to want the one that's stronger than mario in the second Super Mario brothers game!

You can't say Toad was in x Game unless he's the unique(not the Toadette/Toadstool/every other Toad Blooded person) one!

Thats, filler games, SSB2, anddd uhhhh carry on please?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. We don't know if they haven't been added or not. Another hole-filled argument.
Lloyd Irving is a popular choice for Brawl, and hell he's got horrible chances. Geno hasn't even had a game yet, hell he has a fanbase because he looks cool (First to mention Black Knight gets Roundhouse-Kicked), and was awesome in the undersold game(implying that it could of sold more than it did).

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
WALUIGI SHOULD IN NO WAY BE IN THIS GAME (well maybe an AT or something) HE DOESNT EVEN HOLD A CANDLE TO MARIO LINK KIRBY PIKACHU SONIC OR ANY OTHER REAL CHARACTER IF HE WAS IN HE WOULD BE THE OFFICIAL PUNCHING BAG MAKE THE GAME WORSE AND MAKE THE STORY MODE A HELL OF A LOT DUMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

headbusa

Smash Cadet
WALUIGI SHOULD IN NO WAY BE IN THIS GAME (well maybe an AT or something) HE DOESNT EVEN HOLD A CANDLE TO MARIO LINK KIRBY PIKACHU SONIC OR ANY OTHER REAL CHARACTER IF HE WAS IN HE WOULD BE THE OFFICIAL PUNCHING BAG MAKE THE GAME WORSE AND MAKE THE STORY MODE A HELL OF A LOT DUMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I CAN HIT MY CAPS LOCK TOO LOLKEK (then changed to regular typing) AND GO BACK TO CAPS LOCK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
real funny cover your response with this because you have no real response real mature what are you 10?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Waluigi could be great for Brawl. Cause of his "wierd" attacks
Fail.

And I'm going to say that Toad has no chance anymore because, well... he's already a part of Peach. But that doesn't improve Waluigi's chances at all.

And Waluigi being in a dance game is not relevent to the Mario timeline so... no, he has done nothing.

EDIT:
And for the record, I lol'ed at headbusa's comment.

RDK

Smash Hero
real funny cover your response with this because you have no real response real mature what are you 10?
This is coming from someone who just posted in all caps. And you're yelling at him for doing it too?

@Dyce

We've already told them that. It's like trying to argue with......

The only analogy I can come up with is a Waluigi supporter. -_-

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ahjklrbj;ellllllemo2lknr9pw3q0;2mern9q30r[m'q32ljn{!!!! >//!?!?

Why the hell did you bump this!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom