• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
tell me, what major part did peach play in any of the super marios?
She's the whole REASON Mario goes on his first adventures! If there was no Peach, there wouldn't be any reason for Mario to have adventures.

And yes, popularity IS a big factor.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, the whole reason.
And the reason before her was daisy.
man, daisy just wasn't being distressed enough. She had to be replaced, by another princess with blond hair.

RandomJelly

Smash Rookie
The big FAIL of this post is:
Pit is retro, retro characters dont NEED multiple games, or anything, theyre RETRO, theyre to represent the old NES days, that explains pit, ICs and GaW...

And YES Kid Icarus is one of the best NES game sout there...

Popularity aint a factor? then explain Ike, hes the most popular Lord in FE, hes appeared in only one game (which aint retro dont bring up pit again) and didnt do anything astonishing, yet he got it, why? popularity was a big factor, hes on sakurais top 5, and dedede and diddy are as well, look at that, THEYRE CONFIRMED...

saying popularity aint a big factor is stupid, explain why sakurai made the poll then...
Wait, so you're trying to say the Duck hunt dog has a big chance just beacuse he's retro? 'k...

And the FE games has (Almost always) diffrent protagonists every game, so that explains Ike.

I was trying to say that popularity wasn't the only reason to throw out a character <<'

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
yeah, the whole reason.
man, daisy just wasn't being distressed enough. She had to be replaced, by another princess with blond hair.
Daisy was after Peach. Pauline was before Peach.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
erk!
...embarrassment...

meh, I'm really not that partial to either side, I was just trying to play devil's advocate.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
from a technical point of view, peach is not important to the francaise. Just replace her with daisy. Any female princess in peril will work for nintendo. Or, you don't even need peach in jeopardy. Look at mario rpg.
But the fact is, she's an important aspect of the big Mario games. Yes, you can say any princess in peril will work, but you can also say "Any hero will do. Let's replace Mario with someone! Any villain will do. Let's replace Bowser!"

You can say that about any characters role in a game, but the fact is that Peach is that one that has been chosen for that role. She is THE main female of the Mario universe, and by association, arguably THE main female face of Nintendo. There's no arguing it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know you're right.
I'm essentially here just because I don't understand all the hatred of waluigi, plus the anit waluigi threads are just killing me wth the terrible logic.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I have to say something, cause someone said the most hypocritical thing ever:

But why the hate for Waluigi? Sure, he's unoriginal and has never appeared in a Mario or Wario platform, but those aren't good reasons to hate him.
...Yes they are. You pointed out two incredibly good reasons to hate him as a character, and just said they aren't valid for the sake of not being valid because you say so. I DO hate Waluigi because I feel he's unoriginal, I'm tired of this "evil me!" version of characters in video games, especially when it's already been done in the series.

I actually think I might cry if Waluigi gets in before other people. Toad, Bowser Jr., hell, even Daisy, deserve it more than he does.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Lying to myself? It's YOU who is living in a delusional world, my friend. You can't honestly tell me you don't know that you're possibly the single most despised person on SWF, besides the Sandman. Which is quite an accomplishment, I must say, considering the amount of idiots on SWF.
I think not. Any of the hate I get is pure idiocy. Hell, it's almost laughable at most of the hate I get, like this for example.

But it's cool. I realize there's some seriously idiotic people out there. Just gonna warn you to keep your mouth shut before you expose yourself for who you truly are. Don't want to make yourself a laughing stock, would feel sorry for you if you did.
I am inferior? What is this based on, exactly?
1) You think you're a winner when you're not. F.e. your sig:

2. You started something completely irrelevant with hardly anything to back it up.

3. Matter of fact, you say that I don't have anything to back myself up, when you blatantly don't at all other than some bull**** claim.

4. You obviously think that somehow Democrats are dumb (see below if you don't know V).

5. You use overused and old FAIL picture memes.

I could list so much more.
Oh yeah, I forgot--you live in a delusional world, where the Detroit Lions win every game and Democrats are smart.
Oh no! You got me there, what shall I do?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
If you guys aren't going to contribute ANYTHING, then just get out.
Sorry I have to say something, cause someone said the most hypocritical thing ever:

...Yes they are. You pointed out two incredibly good reasons to hate him as a character, and just said they aren't valid for the sake of not being valid because you say so. I DO hate Waluigi because I feel he's unoriginal, I'm tired of this "evil me!" version of characters in video games, especially when it's already been done in the series.

I actually think I might cry if Waluigi gets in before other people. Toad, Bowser Jr., hell, even Daisy, deserve it more than he does.
I don't get it.

Besides, he's developed and has become more than just and "evil me!" guy.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
He has a very large fanbase... maybe we would understand if we played Super Mario RPG.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
yeah, the whole reason.
Peach was around before Daisy. She was called Toadstool before then, but then her name changed to Princess Peach Toadstool.

Oh yeah, I forgot--you live in a delusional world, where the Detroit Lions win every game and Democrats are smart.
Do you know what you've done now, you've made me loose some respect for you and side with Luke Groundwalker. Thanks! I hate Luke Groundwalker and now I agree with him.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think not. Any of the hate I get is pure idiocy. Hell, it's almost laughable at most of the hate I get, like this for example.
Of course it's going to be laughable to you. Logically speaking, common sense would be laughable to you. It shows in your posts.

But it's cool. I realize there's some seriously idiotic people out there. Just gonna warn you to keep your mouth shut before you expose yourself for who you truly are. Don't want to make yourself a laughing stock, would feel sorry for you if you did.
You do a really great job at mouthing back to people who call you out for being a complete ******. You must have had some good practice in the past.

1) You think you're a winner when you're not. F.e. your sig:
And here, folks, we have an example of a completely irrelevant, slanderous remark, that has no base in reality. You're just calling me a loser to help your argument, which--here's the kicker--it really doesn't. But try again. Are you going to swear at me this time? I think I'll go cry in a corner.

Frankly, you disgust me.

2. You started something completely irrelevant with hardly anything to back it up.
Is that right? I think I explained myself fairly well. Of course, one must remember that the above arguments are coming from a Waluigi supporter.

5. You use overused and old FAIL picture memes.
Um......where? Once again, you don't really show any evidence to your ridiculous attacks. But that must be how you operate.

I could list so much more.
Please do. I get a kick out of your pathetic attempts to "get to me".

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Of course it's going to be laughable to you. Logically speaking, common sense would be laughable to you. It shows in your posts.
Common sense? Do you really think making some bull**** claim about something without anything to back it up is common sense?

Wow, you really need to grow up out of your diapers, bro.
You do a really great job at mouthing back to people who call you out for being a complete ******. You must have had some good practice in the past.
Obviously so. It feels so great to bash some idiot who thinks I'm ********. I'm so used to getting kicks from cunts like you who really think they're making some epic difference by starting some **** randomly out of the blue.
And here, folks, we have an example of a completely irrelevant, slanderous remark, that has no base in reality.
Wait, and what you started with me wasn't how?

What a ****ing hypocrite.
You're just calling me a loser to help your argument, which--here's the kicker--it really doesn't. But try again. Are you going to swear at me this time? I think I'll go cry in a corner.
Haha, alright, bud.

Hope you realize the truth one day, though. It would be sad if you didn't.
Frankly, you disgust me.

Is that right? I think I explained myself fairly well.
You explain yourself fairly well? Let's look back at your supposed full-of-explanation post.
Luke Groundwalker, does it shake your senses in the least bit that nobody likes you, and your arguments are about as relevant as a panda riding a go-kart?

Or have you not realized that you're collectively despised by the entire SWF community?
Explained yourself fairly well my ***.
Of course, one must remember that the above arguments are coming from a Waluigi supporter.
You got to be joking me. Or are you that stupid to even read the thread or any of my posts that clearly suggest that I ****ing hate Waluigi and don't want that idiot of a character in Brawl?

Wow, that really shows a lot about your actual intelligence.
Um......where? Once again, you don't really show any evidence to your ridiculous attacks. But that must be how you operate.
...Oh wow, your head really is full of **** if you can't even remember:
Please do. I get a kick out of your pathetic attempts to "get to me".
Obviously it is if you think you have to reply to it in a half-***** way. Do yourself a favor and end it, just so you don't humiliate yourself, 'kay?

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm not even about to waste my time arguing with you, partly because I'm afraid of contracting some type of cancer from the bull**** radiation eminating from your post.

And for the record, I made that Boba Fett pic not a few hours ago. So you're completely blowing **** out of your *** by saying I go around and post overused memes, when:

1) I only posted 2 Star Wars memes, ONE OF WHICH I MADE MYSELF A FEW HOURS AGO. In Microsoft Paint, nonetheless. Because that's how important it was.

2) How was I supposed to know that other pic was overused? And how does the fact that I posted a stupid meme pic validate your claim that I'm a dubmass?

Just another example of your hole-filled arguments.

Au revoir, ****cake.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I'm not even about to waste my time arguing with you, partly because I'm afraid of contracting some type of cancer from the bull**** radiation eminating from your post.
Oldest excuse for a cop-out ever.
And for the record, I made that Boba Fett pic not a few hours ago. So you're completely blowing **** out of your *** by saying I go around and post overused memes, when:

1) I only posted 2 Star Wars memes, ONE OF WHICH I MADE MYSELF A FEW HOURS AGO. In Microsoft Paint, nonetheless. Because that's how important it was.
I wasn't talking about the Boba Fett one, dimwit. Although it's still very unoriginal to post some picture with some hilarious (or it's supposed to be, or something, I dunno, it really wasn't funny at all) caption in it.
2) How was I supposed to know that other pic was overused? And how does the fact that I posted a stupid meme pic validate your claim that I'm a dubmass?
How you were supposed to know that pic was overused?

I dunno, everyone sees it all the **** time on the internet, how is it NOT overused?

Or maybe you're blind to reality, which is obviously the case here.
Just another example of your hole-filled arguments.
And yet again you say something that completely contradicts pretty much all of your previous statements.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Wow. Real mature guys. If you can't be nice and sensible, infractions will be handed out, and this topic will be closed. Settle down.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Take This Pointless Argument Somewhere Else

EDIT: ...yeah. I'll just leave now.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow. Real mature guys. If you can't be nice and sensible, infractions will be handed out, and this topic will be closed. Settle down.
My apologies. I just get so fired up sometimes by stupid people.

KEEP GOING GUYS ITS WORTH IT!!

jk
. . . . . . . . what ever. This thread is dumb, Luke is dumb.

Screw this thread.
Thanks for the......healthy support, lol.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
How about Waluigi for brawl, simply because he's devoloped more personality as a character in the few games he's showed up in than Mario him self. Waluigi's got that classic sinister villain style, I like it. "But..but party game only.. waluigi stupid.. blah blah blah" yeah yeah it's been restated in this thread 100,000 times. A character doesnt have to be popular to get into Smash.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How about Waluigi for brawl, simply because he's devoloped more personality as a character in the few games he's showed up in than Mario him self. Waluigi's got that classic sinister villain style, I like it. "But..but party game only.. waluigi stupid.. blah blah blah" yeah yeah it's been restated in this thread 100,000 times. A character doesnt have to be popular to get into Smash.
It's not a matter of popularity, it's just that there are more deserving characters.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
More Personality than Mario? No
More Personality than Peach? No
Luigi? No
Bowser? No
Yoshi? No
Daisy? No
Wario? Hell No.
Personality? Much like his appearance stolen from Di ck Dastardly.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I just suscribed to this thread, Whats going on? Waluigi is going to be in the game.
Hes in every other Mario game. He deserves that spot over other characters like Geno.
Hes Probably got more fans than Geno too. On super mario strikers alot of people pick him.

Characters are not put in to brawl just to represent a series, they have to have at least some fighting potentia (besides joke characters like G&W), thats what nintendo was looking for. Thats why I dont believe there will be an animal crossing rep. Its just stupid even thinking about it. Walugi is a pure classic
hes got just as much design as Wario.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I just suscribed to this thread, Whats going on? Waluigi is going to be in the game.
Hes in every other Mario game. He deserves that spot over other characters like Geno.
Hes Probably got more fans than Geno too. On super mario strikers alot of people pick him.
Just because you say Waluigi is going to be in the game doesn't mean that he will -.-

I don't care in how many Mario spin off games he's been... this is not one of them. We need characters that are major enough. Geno was a major character in SMRPG, while Waluigi hasn't been a major character in ANY game.

Characters are not put in to brawl just to represent a series, they have to have at least some fighting potentia (besides joke characters like G&W), thats what nintendo was looking for. Thats why I dont believe there will be an animal crossing rep. Its just stupid even thinking about it. Walugi is a pure classic
Zelda says "HAAAAAI LOOKZ I NEVER FOUGHT BEFORE TEH WIND WAKER BUT I GOT INTO TEH MEEEELEEE!!"

Fighting potential is there for almost every character you can suggest. Yes, I AM having my doubts about an Animal Crossing rep, but the potential to beat someone with a shovel is there. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's absent.

I refuse to see G&W as a joke character by the way. He's serious business, and serves a purpose.

Waluigi is NOT a pure classic. Sorry, but Mario Tennis wasn't particularly memorable. Nor was any Mario party after 2.

And WTF? Look at Wario's design. He's got Wario Ware clothes, very unique from Mario, Luigi AND Waluigi.

But, hey, Waluigi can use his Wario Ware design... Oh wait... he's so lame they wouldn't even put him in Wario Ware ¬¬

Wario is not repping the Mario series... being that Waluigi is joined basically at Wario's hip (don't deny it, he only exists to complement him and fill up space) he doesn't need to be present in Brawl.

If Wario needs a partner it should be Mona.

Mona > Waluigi.

D

Deleted member

No you frickin' fool!

Geno >>>>>> Waluigi

Waluigi can't fight worth crap, all he can do is party and play sports. If you seriously think Waluigi is gonna get in before Geno than you sir are on something. Waluigi was a crappy last minute filler for whatever game he first appeared in.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I despise Geno I really really do, but he will get in long before Waluigi you talk about fighting potential (Waluigi has that equal to a Koopa Troopa, perhaps less actually) well Geno's moveset writes it's self play Mario RPG!
Waluigi has no where near the fanbase that Geno does if you think he does look around here or gamefaqs, make a thread saying Waluigi or Geno chances are Geno will be the winner with an average of about 7-1!

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Go defend your Geno in that thread.
He needs help defending. Just as Waluigi needs help fighting for.
Waluigi >>> Geno.

D

Deleted member

What has Waluigi done to help save the Mario universe? Nothing. What has Geno done? Everything. Defeated Smithy and saved the star rod for dreams to happen again. He is a hero, Waluigi is a plumbers brother wanna be.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
More Personality than Mario? No
More Personality than Peach? No
Luigi? No
Bowser? No
Yoshi? No
Daisy? No
Wario? Hell No.
Personality? Much like his appearance stolen from Di ck Dastardly.
I dont know man, I've never see mario do anything other than say wahoo and do some sort of jump or spin.

Waluigi for brawl!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I dont know man, I've never see mario do anything other than say wahoo and do some sort of jump or spin.
And I've never seen Waluigi do anything that sets him apart from D.ick Dastardly. =]
Mario is shown to be heroic, friendly, kind, a good sport and in SMG protective of Peach. He cares for Peach deeply in both a friendly and romantic way, pretty much doing anything that she says making him a little bit of a lackey to her but she's tough stuff when she needs to be so he has every right to listen to her and do what she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom