• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Red Maniac said:
If Waluigi was added, we can finally see what pair of plumber bros. would win in a battle. And like many people said, they are giving Waluigi a character. Rude and anti-social. Even though people hate him, he still has fans, and has a chance to get into Brawl.
Waluigi is not a plumber bro. He is a pile of garbage made just to make money. Also, Wario isn't really a plumber bro either, but at least he is a respectable character with a personality, unlike the dog umm... *ahem* poop that is Waluigi.

And, like I asked before, what game did they give Waluigi a character (this is an honest question, although it may be unintendedly sarcastic if they actually haven't).

Red Maniac said:
Nintendo can do a lot with Waluigi.
Like what? No. They can't do anything with him. If they can, make a list.

Red Maniac said:
I doubt that Nintendo will make a game about him,
Halleluia :laugh:

(Is that how to spell halleluia? That's a tough word)

Red Maniac said:
but he may have an important role in Mario or Wario games. (Wario and Waluigi: Partners in Crime) And IMO, we need more villains/rivals in SSBB.
Yeah, we can add more villains/rival into SSBB. But let's not add Waluigi, because he is stupid (IMO).

Red Maniac said:
Waluigi would be a unique character in Brawl. He's very tall and skinny. The possibilities are endless.
Okay, he would not be a unique character in Brawl. He's tall and skinny... WOW!! What are his B moves? Oh yeah, I forgot, he has never done anything. ever. So I guess he just won't have any B moves for brawl.

If the possibilities are endless, like I said, make a list :laugh:

Red Maniac said:
And if you hate him, look at it this way: you can beat him up as many times as you want to if he's in the game.
I'm a peaceful person, that kind of thing isn't for me. Hopefully, Waluigi would be unlockable, so I could prevent myself from having to look at his wretched face.

kirbyphreak said:
I want Waluigi. Favorite character
I cannot compute this statement without exploding.

(Remember, all in debate, nothing personal :))

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Waluigi is a lot more original than people give him credit for. He could have looked exactly like luigi but just evil. I am glad there is a lanky member of the mario crew. He should be added. I would rather have Waluigi than Baby Bowser or Petey Pirhana. But I would like to point out that Mario, Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong are all hailed as different franchises even though they are from the same universe. So technically, Waluigi isn't a Mario character. He'd probably have Wario's "W" logo instead of Mario's mushroom.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Waluigi is a Mario character.

Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong have all apeared in games that Mario did NOT appear in, or played a minor-to-nothing role. WarioWare, Yoshi's Story, Donkey Kong Country, Wario Land, these games starred Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong without Mario.

Waluigi has NEVER appeared in a game where Mario was not a main character. Even though he's associated with Wario, he hasn't appeared in any games without Mario.

He's a Mario character, and a worthless one at that.

primusfan

Smash Ace
McFox said:
Waluigi is a Mario character.

Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong have all apeared in games that Mario did NOT appear in, or played a minor-to-nothing role. WarioWare, Yoshi's Story, Donkey Kong Country, Wario Land, these games starred Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong without Mario.

Waluigi has NEVER appeared in a game where Mario was not a main character. Even though he's associated with Wario, he hasn't appeared in any games without Mario.

He's a Mario character, and a worthless one at that.
Thank you very much. Someone understands. I don't really believe he's worthless though. Or atleast he doesnt have to be. Maybe this could be his first chance to be in something other than a freaking sports game. It really doesnt matter matter to me if he's in Brawl or not. But maybe if he's in, it could be a chane for him to be in better games in the future.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
If a character's first appearance in a video game is Mario Tennis, they don't deserve to be in Brawl. The end.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
DokturSea said:
If a character's first appearance in a video game is Mario Tennis, they don't deserve to be in Brawl. The end.
Well look at it this way, Luigis 1st appearance was as a palette swap/clone of Mario so ya lol and FoulQ, Waluigi started gaining a personality, starting in Mario Party 3, he steals the last stamp you need and thats the mischief stamp(which made him a mini villian of that game) 4,5,6,7 Idk considering i could care less for them lol, in Mario Power Tennis him and Wario try to cause mischief after being eliminated in the tournament, in Mario Golf they try to do anything they can to prove themseleves as the best golf players(even though they did a bad job at it lol), he also has a thing for bombs n piranha plants supposedly, they could make a moveset having those 2 things in it, and he's extremely cocky and rude in Mario Strikers, pointing to himself before the match doing the ROB VAN DAM taunt(for any wrestling fan u know what that it lol) and also the classic DX Crotch Chop(aka meaning Suck It), he also has some association to Wrecking Crew due to that fact his dance in ddr is Destruction Dance(a song from wrecking crew), in mario baseball he has an eggplant as a special(and eggplants were enemies in wrecking) and in Mario Kart DS one of his cars is a Crane like car called the Gold Mantis, and in DDR him and Bowser are the 2 main people trying to wreck havoc in the Mushroom Kingdom.

PS - he also has a resemblence to **** Dasterdly lol

Theres a Mini Bio of Waluigi for people who want to know about his personality :D

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I think It'd be pretty cool to have Waluigi in Brawl. We might get to know a little more about his personality, cuz we don't know much cuz his only appearances have been in Party games.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Yes they do but, first a Bowser game. But, that's besides the point, I really don't think he should make it in but, yes I think he would be an interesting character and I would definitely use him somewhat, a move to consider, His Star Pitch from Mario Baseball where he throws a purple ball that splits in two and goes back to one right before it hits the catcher's glove.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Exodecai101 said:
he also has a thing for bombs n piranha plants supposedly, they could make a moveset having those 2 things in it,
If he has anything to do with those two things, please keep him away from SSBB.

Exodecai101 said:
in mario baseball he has an eggplant as a special(and eggplants were enemies in wrecking)
I now know where that eggplant, that I saw in some person's movelist, came from.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
He doesn't really have much to contribute to the game, I don't think he deserves a spot yet, if Nintendo puts him in his own game then it's possible, I actually think that he does need a game he is not to a certain status that would put him in SSBB. I believe they will have available downloads for later character releases,yes? He could be one of those once he builds up his own personality and more people acknowledge his existence, he hasn't made it big in a video game yet. You must realize that WaLuigi isn't even an original character or name. I don't see WaLuigi in SSBB when it is released.

Mubariz

Smash Apprentice
I kinda like him.

He has that classic old villain appeal . . . like he's just gonna tie Peach down onto some rail tracks or something.

He'd certainly be an interesting character since, like others have mentioned, he's quite different physically from the the rest of the brothers.

GenG

Smash Lord
Mubariz said:
He has that classic old villain appeal . . . like he's just gonna tie Peach down onto some rail tracks or something.

LoL you are right. He resembles Dyck Dastardly from Wacky Races a lot by the way.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Exodecai101 said:
:bigthumbu

People are forgetting that Luigi was also a filler character.

Here's another moveset I thought of:
B: Bob-Omb- Uses a golf clup to hit a bob-omb at an opponent; can be charged up (15-25%)
<B>: Eggplant Throw- Throws eggplants forward (5-10%)
^B: Whirluigi- Grabs tennis racket, pins around in a tornado hitting anyone and deflects any procjectile (10-25%)
\/B: Pirhana Plant- Stomps on ground, pirhana plant emerges from ground hitting anyone close by and can counter attacks (20%)
Super Smash: Uses his Gold Mantis Kart to drive around, ramming into opponents and laying Bob-Ombs and Pirhana Plants everywhere

Super Smash Master said:
I think they should make a game staring Waluigi.
As much as I would like that, I don't think the world is ready for that. BUt there is this fan made game called Waluigi World. I'll find a link. I think a Wario Bros. ggame would be better.

Here's something from a fic I'm making:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7094/wwlpic5dm.jpg

Oh, and here's a video of Waluigi's taunt in Super Mario Strikers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq1nfqmOGFQ&search=waluigi

Drewz

Smash Cadet
PZX2DN4F said:
I would like to see Waluigi in the game just to see what kind of moves they would give him.
He's a symetrical version of Luigi, he'd have similiar moves most likely.

Waluigi might work but with Mario, Luigi, Wario, and (possibly Dr. Mario) do we need another plumber? It depends. If Dr. Mario isn't in SSBB then I say add Waluigi (I hate Dr. Mario anyway). However I also want unique moves. The upercut possesed by Mario and Luigi (and Dr. Mario) should be the only move that Waluigi would have the same of.

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Ha. I'm once again back to argue my point against Waluigi.

Super Smash Master said:
Waluigi is a lot more original than people give him credit for. He could have looked exactly like luigi but just evil.
Just because he doesn't look exactly like Luigi does not mean he is "original." At all. If you have a generic little girl in a town village in some random RPG and an old sensei in that same village, are they considered "original" because they are two people who look different but are in the same village? Wha....nevermind. That was not a good argument, I confused myself there

Super Smash Master said:
I am glad there is a lanky member of the mario crew. He should be added. I would rather have Waluigi than Baby Bowser or Petey Pirhana.
You might rather have Waluigi, another guy might rather have Baby Bowser. I don't think that statement has any validity.

Super Smash Master said:
But I would like to point out that Mario, Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong are all hailed as different franchises even though they are from the same universe. So technically, Waluigi isn't a Mario character. He'd probably have Wario's "W" logo instead of Mario's mushroom.
I think McFox already proved my point with the post under yours.

DokturSea said:
If a character's first appearance in a video game is Mario Tennis, they don't deserve to be in Brawl.
100% Agree

Well look at it this way, Luigis 1st appearance was as a palette swap/clone of Mario so ya lol
Except that was back in the 1980s, I don't think comparing video games from then are fair to comparing video games of when Waluigi first appeared, like in Mario Tennis.

and FoulQ, Waluigi started gaining a personality, starting in Mario Party 3, he steals the last stamp you need and thats the mischief stamp(which made him a mini villian of that game) 4,5,6,7 Idk considering i could care less for them lol,
He starts developing a personality in Mario Party? Don't make me laugh.

he also has a thing for bombs n piranha plants supposedly, they could make a moveset having those 2 things in it, and he's extremely cocky and rude in Mario Strikers, pointing to himself before the match doing the ROB VAN DAM taunt(for any wrestling fan u know what that it lol) and also the classic DX Crotch Chop(aka meaning Suck It), he also has some association to Wrecking Crew due to that fact his dance in ddr is Destruction Dance(a song from wrecking crew), in mario baseball he has an eggplant as a special(and eggplants were enemies in wrecking) and in Mario Kart DS one of his cars is a Crane like car called the Gold Mantis, and in DDR him and Bowser are the 2 main people trying to wreck havoc in the Mushroom Kingdom.
You make some good points there, but the underlying statement stays the same: He is just a character added into randoms sports games and so forth to make some bucks. If you like Waluigi, you have fallen into their master plan already.

I realize some of these posts were a while back, but I don't want anyone to think that Waluigi would make for a great character in brawl, and I won't stop until after I prove that.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Wave Bird said:
I think Waluigi is a pretty neat character I prefer his brains to Wario's Brawn.
Brains? When has Waluigi had brains? I don't think he's ever done anything smart in any game.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Iggy K said:
Brains? When has Waluigi had brains? I don't think he's ever done anything smart in any game.
He's tall and skinny, therefore making him automatically weak and automatically smart. Just like since Wario's large and strong that makes him automatically stupid.

This post was brought to you by Stereotypes!

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Actually Waluigi is the taller/skinnier/stupider of the warios supposedly, it was said at Nintendo Europes old Wario Warehouse site that Wario referred to Waluigi as his "dimwit" brother, however though, it looks like Waluigi has more of the mischief/evil side of him n Wario, it looks like he wants to cause chaos n havoc and wario just wants money n greed

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Well how can you really tell? If WaLuigi is a filler character and only appears in sports and party games how in the name of the holy mother do we know how his intellect measures up to Wario's? Either way there are different types of intelligence.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Meta-Knight said:
I've been meaning to ask. Are Wario and Waluigi plumbers, or are they just trying to "mimic" Mario and Luigi?
I have heard that Wario was a bully in Mario's childhood. I dunno if he's a plumber.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
naw, i don't think Wario n Waluigi were ever said to be plumbers, but by the way things look, Waluigi used to be a construction worker with all this reference to Wrecking Crew, and Wario was Marios Bully, and i wouldn't be surprised if he worked as a thief lol

tamis31

Smash Rookie
I love the big camp freak ko. Will most probably be in Brawl as Wario's sidekick . I wan't a team battle "Mario & Luigi VS Wario & Waluigi" :psycho:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If Waluigi appears, he will still have to be remade so that his costume looks more like Wario's.

But since he sucks, here's hoping that it doesn't happen.

Also, DokturSea, you are now officially awesome. :p

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if I can remember right, I read somewhere that it was Mario who was Wario's bully because they supposidly played Cowboys and Mario would always make Wario the bandit. I think I read it in Wikipedia.

Anyhoo, I hope to see Waluigi in it. He could throw Bob-Ombs just like in Mario Kart: Double Dash.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
McFox said:
If Waluigi appears, he will still have to be remade so that his costume looks more like Wario's.

But since he sucks, here's hoping that it doesn't happen.

Also, DokturSea, you are now officially awesome. :p
What happened?

Well, I've been looking at things of Wario and Waluigi together and I do think they make a nice team, but it's just the fact that Waluigi was made to be nothing but a filler. If they had put him in some of the Wario games or given him his own game or something, I'd probably not give two hoots about him.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
DokturSea said:
He's tall and skinny, therefore making him automatically weak and automatically smart. Just like since Wario's large and strong that makes him automatically stupid.

This post was brought to you by Stereotypes!
This is what happened. :p

And yeah, Waluigi still sucks.

"He can throw Bob-ombs!"

All characters can throw Bob-ombs. Stop wasting my time with crappy character ideas.

Drewz

Smash Cadet
Just becuase Waluigi started out in a Mario Sports game means nothing. He was a bad guy in that game, and he's a bad guy in every Mario sports game/party. He admittingly hasn't had his own game, although there always is a possibility. He's Luigis rival and despite his origin he'd make a great member for SSBB.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No, he would not.

The only reason you give in your post is "he's a bad guy" and "he's Luigi's rival."

Wario is not being included because he's Mario's rival. He's included because he's had two separate successful game series.

I still have not seen a single really good reason that Waluigi should be in.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This is stupid! 16 pages on a stupid character with weak reasons on why he should be in Brawl? There have been reasons on why other characters deserve it more than him already, so before you go and support this character, think of the hundreds of other characters that deserve to be in Brawl OVER Waluigi.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Ding! Ding! Correct! Finnaly...

Marshigio said:
This is stupid! 16 pages on a stupid character with weak reasons on why he should be in Brawl? There have been reasons on why other characters deserve it more than him already, so before you go and support this character, think of the hundreds of other characters that deserve to be in Brawl OVER Waluigi.
I couldn't agree more with you. These reasons don't support Waluigi enough for me to consider wanting him in Brawl.

-SMB

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
I agree so much, but I fear that Nintendo will turn the blind eye to logic and slap him into Brawl because "he's in everything else".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom