• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
he'd be.....nice.....
but what would his attacks be?
he might be a cross between luigi, sheik and mewtwo??!?!?!
well...thats what a came up with in 2 seconds....

he just screams "NEW PUNCHING BAG!"

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Dead Hippie said:
Exactly my point. I don't really particularly like him either. All I'm saying is that while he serves no real purpose he is a part of the Mario cast now whether we like it or not. The lack of knowledge about him will make it freakishly easy for Sakurai to include him since the developers have so much freedom when thinking of a moveset. There are no pre-established set of abilities to associate with Waluigi so there is really a lot of original things they can do with the moveset.

So again, thoughts?

Stay Groovy,
Dead Hippie
He brings up a good point, even though I'm a tad bit late. Waluigi is now a part of the Nintendo "world", even though he never starred in a game of his own. I think out of ALL the characters EVER brought up as a possibility, Waluigi has the greatest chance. And since Wario has been confirmed, Waluigi's chances have skyrocketed.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on an alternate costume for Waluigi right now, to go along with Wario's new look. I just can't decide what kind of hat to give him (ideas?). I'll probably post it once I get home from school.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Dead Hippie.

He;s been a Mario game staple for a while now, yet he needs a little more personality. This is a perfect chance to do that for him.

Think about it, Up-B could be his Waluigi tornado (Think DK's up-B but vertical). It sucks them in then pops them straight up

Down-B could be some sort of bob-omb pull. Not an actual bob-omb, but just some sort of small damage projectile similar to Link's.

With his long limbs he could have some wicked tilts as well.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Behold, the new Waluigi!

I think it's pretty good except for his legs and feet. What do you think?

P.S. I was going to change his hat, but it was kind of hard, and I didn't know what to change it into, so I left it the same.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Personally i dont want him, he'll just take a space were we can put another character, but if hes gonna appear in brawl, then i can hurt him til he cries!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think he meant look 4 a pic of waluigi on google where he has a dif costume. I found a couple but they all sucked.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Dead Hippie said:
I do agree that Waluigi really should have his own franchise and his own games, similiar to how Wario was the star of the game Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land. The best case scenario for Waluigi in my opinion would for him to star in an Alpha Dream developed RPG. The dialogue in the RPG could help explain Waluigi's past and the RPG can easily give him new and unique abilities.
Which reminds me, this one guy on GameFAQs suggested "Waluigi's Taco Stand."

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I'm all for Waluigi being in the game.

Yes, he is an idiot, loser and just a general prat but he still bellongs.
He's funny, and also Wario's presnece makes him more possible too.

Even with all the Hitler references, he would still make it in to the game (there are so many to list, but no one is interested so I won't go on)

This is the best example: http://www.dkvine.com/features/nazis.html

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Ever since I found out Waluigi is a Nazi from the post above, I hope he won't be in this game now. Wario...I don't know what to say. I like Wario but I don't like Nazis. Oh well.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
D.J Cat said:
I'm all for Waluigi being in the game.

Yes, he is an idiot, loser and just a general prat but he still bellongs.
He's funny, and also Wario's presnece makes him more possible too.

Even with all the Hitler references, he would still make it in to the game (there are so many to list, but no one is interested so I won't go on)

This is the best example: http://www.dkvine.com/features/nazis.html
Kinda reminds me of that "Mario is a Communist" site.
Anyway just some fyi, "achtung" means "caution" or "look out" in German.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
wow my 2 favorite nintendo ppl are nazis o_o but in a way they wouldn't be nazis i mean come on, why would nintendo make them that 1st of all, if this was the case they'd change the way Wario n Waluigi would look/act for they probably get major heat if they were nazis

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Fox_Rocks said:
Here's another thing pointing to Nazi-ism: Do you notice Wario and Waluigi's odd noses? This is most likely from alchohol abuse. Knowing that Germans like beer, and and Nazis are German, this is even more proof that they are Nazis.
Not sure about that... everybody likes beer, Americans and Irish.

I'm dissapointed in Wario and Waluigi...Oh well, I guess Smash Brothers has a new message: beat up some nazis.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I've read the whole Wario/Waluigi are Nazis thing on DKVine >.> What a crappy site.

Anyways, yeah, the reason they have big, red noses and saggy eyesockets is because they're supposed to be perpetually drunk and really screwed up. In Wario Land 2, those penguin enemies threw beer, not "balls," in the original Japanese release, to make "Drunk Wario." In the US release, he was "Crazy Wario." But why the heck did he stumble and burp all the time if he was just Crazy? XD

What I really want to know, to change the subject: wtf happened to Waluigi's creepy glowing eyes from Mario Tennis? That game totally implied he was some crazy psycho who was just following Wario so he could get close to Daisy and **** her or something XD XD

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Ahh, thanks for clearing up why Wario is like that FlipTroopa.

I don't see why he'd be following Wario to get close to Daisy, especially when Daisy doesn't even like Wario. Maybe Waluigi was so lonely he decided to help Wario **** Peach and vice-versa.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
Ahh, thanks for clearing up why Wario is like that FlipTroopa.

I don't see why he'd be following Wario to get close to Daisy, especially when Daisy doesn't even like Wario. Maybe Waluigi was so lonely he decided to help Wario **** Peach and vice-versa.
Heh. Well, Waluigi has a crush on Daisy. They mentioned it in one of those crappy Mario Party games.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't think waluigi is a bad character to add. my only question is "whose spot is he going to take?" they can't have more than 30ish characters. it'll just get to be too many. so they are going to add a few, and they are going to have to take out a few. who goes? i vote pichu, y.link, roy, capt. falcon, and g&w. none of those characters are necessary to have a complete nintendo-world fighter. Maybe keep y.link, but he'd be on the bubble.

add megaman.
maybe add charizard as a bowser clone.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Long as he isn't in before better Mario characters, like Toad and Geno, then they can add him.

DastrnMacro said:
and they are going to have to take out a few. who goes? i vote pichu, y.link, roy, capt. falcon, and g&w
Captain Falcon? He has a slim to none chance of being ditched, he is necessary for a nintendo fighter because he is the star of his own series, and Doc. Mario has a bigger chance of going than everyone you just said

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Iggy K said:
Long as he isn't in before better Mario characters, like Toad and Geno, then they can add him.

Captain Falcon? He has a slim to none chance of being ditched, he is necessary for a nintendo fighter because he is the star of his own series, and Doc. Mario has a bigger chance of going than everyone you just said
no pichu has the biggest chance of leaving then dr mario

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
Thats an interesting thought Flip Troopa, what did happen to Waluigi's crazy eyes? I guess that Nintendo took away the crazy eyes to make Waluigi seem more goofy as to make him seem less evil and threatening. Of course, you never know with Nintendo.

Pvt. Falcon

Smash Apprentice
Dead Hippie said:
Exactly my point. I don't really particularly like him either. All I'm saying is that while he serves no real purpose he is a part of the Mario cast now whether we like it or not. The lack of knowledge about him will make it freakishly easy for Sakurai to include him since the developers have so much freedom when thinking of a moveset. There are no pre-established set of abilities to associate with Waluigi so there is really a lot of original things they can do with the moveset.

So again, thoughts?

Stay Groovy,
Dead Hippie
In Mario Party 3, it was noted that Waluigi was a sneaky, backstabbing character who didn't play fair. With that in mind, I think it would be easy to think of a moveset for him.

the54effect

Smash Rookie
On one hand I like the idea of Waluigi, and would like to see Mario-Luigi vs Wario-Waluigi matches. On the other... Super Smash Brothers *IS* flooded with mario characters. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, and even Yoshi and DK, who have obvious roots in the series. But it is the flagship Nintendo series and its characters are vital to the overall nintendo feel. Bring the mario count to eight I think...

But then, is Princess Daisy going to be added to supplement Princess Peach? Agh, I hope not. I hope they draw the line somewhere.

I hope they draw the line after Waluigi. Sorry Toad, Koopa Troopa, Bowser Junior... Love you guys, but the lines gotta be drawn somewhere. Eight Mario characters, a few Zelda characters, a few Pokemon, and then limit series to two characters each. That's my vote.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
their arn't too many mario characters there are (im melee)

5 mario character: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser & Dr Mario
and one is going to be removed proberly (doc mario) and no new mario characters have been announced so Waluigi, Toad, Daisy and Geno would mean 8 mario characters which is sorta fair for a lead franchise, just so long as the zelda series gets 2 more bringing them up to 6, pokemon gets 3 and removes pichu them on 6, meaning they arn't that much bigger but realisticly only Toad and Geno will be added meaning there will be only 6 mario characters making it even stevens

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I think he should be in the game just for interest alone. Yes I think he would kick a$$ and yes I think they have the opportunity to make his moveset very original from mario, luigi and doc, but one of the most important reason he should be in the game is for the adventure. Remember when you unlock luigi in the adventure mode and he stomps on mario's head and sends him falling? Picture having to fight the mario bros. then after you beat them wario and waluigi come in and just toss them off a cliff and just attack you. Or even better before your match starts they jump out a pipe, ambush the mario bros. and just attack you in 2on1 fashion. Tell me that would be the s***.

VKris

Smash Cadet
BIRDMAN22 said:
I think he should be in the game just for interest alone. Yes I think he would kick a$$ and yes I think they have the opportunity to make his moveset very original from mario, luigi and doc, but one of the most important reason he should be in the game is for the adventure. Remember when you unlock luigi in the adventure mode and he stomps on mario's head and sends him falling? Picture having to fight the mario bros. then after you beat them wario and waluigi come in and just toss them off a cliff and just attack you. Or even better before your match starts they jump out a pipe, ambush the mario bros. and just attack you in 2on1 fashion. Tell me that would be the s***.
That would be the s***

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
That would be s*****, I thought more about his inclusion in Brawl, and I have to say I don't want him in anymore. I want other characters in over him. There are more unique characters than him that play a bigger role than him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom