• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
There's not enough time and money to do that. They shouldn't resort to using obscure/filler characters when they already have a long list of good candidates for Brawl.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I despise Waluigi. I can't believe there are people out there who hate on Petey Piranha but like Waluigi. At least Petey Pirhana first appeared as a main character of a non-multiplayer game. I mean, come on, Waluigi first appear in Mario Tennis. Double You Tee Eff.

bbb

Smash Champion
I think Waluigi's smash attack should just be an honest to goodness punch to the mouth, like Mario and Luigi's in SSB.

Also, Waluigi would probably end up as the highest tier Mario character simply due to his godly range (worked for Marth). I mean, look at those arms!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Plan 9 said:
I think Waluigi's smash attack should just be an honest to goodness punch to the mouth, like Mario and Luigi's in SSB.

Also, Waluigi would probably end up as the highest tier Mario character simply due to his godly range (worked for Marth). I mean, look at those arms!
Range sure didn't help Bowser and DK, what makes you think it would work for Waluigi?

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Range would work for Waluigi ONLY if he had a disjointed hitbox... but I can't think of why they would do that.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
I noticed if Waluigi is included he might be on top tier :S. think about it, Wario is most likely gonna be low since he looks more of a joke character, Luigi is middle, Mario is High, they might make Waluigi Top Tier if included(which would be weird as hell lol) but I highly doubt they would(i can dream can't I lol)

bbb

Smash Champion
Iggy K said:
Range sure didn't help Bowser and DK, what makes you think it would work for Waluigi?
It mainly didn't help them because Bowser and DK are slow and lag like nobody's business, I see Waluigi as pretty fast and agile if included, he'll also also probably have good recovory.

Majora731

Smash Apprentice
Plan 9 said:
It mainly didn't help them because Bowser and DK are slow and lag like nobody's business, I see Waluigi as pretty fast and agile if included, he'll also also probably have good recovory.
I see him like you do, but not many finishing moves.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't want him in there anymore I only think that 2 mario characters should be added Geno and Toad if it were three than Daisy would be added to that list.

Koopa Troopa>Goombah>Waluigi>Tingle>Kamek>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Petey Piranah

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Moveset

This is an update of a moveset I made for Waluigi on Page 4. I hadn't updated it in a while and I didn't have anything better to do so I updated. Here we go:

STATS
Height: 5/5
Weight: 3/5
Power: 2/5
Speed: 4/5
Jump: 3/5

A ATTACKS
Nuetral A: Punch- Waluigi throws out a short-ranged, left-handed punch.
AA- Waluigi throws a long-range, right-handed punch.
AAA- Waluigi knees his opponent with his left leg.

Forward A: Spinning Kick- Waluigi uses his long leg to kick his opponent, spinning around.

Up A: Flip- Waluigi does a flip, hitting opponent's in the air with his legs (sort of like Fox's Up Smash).

Down A: Spin- Waluigi sits on the ground and spins around, hitting opponents on either side of him with his legs.

Dash Attack: Lunge- Waluigi lunges at the opponent, hitting them with his leg.

SMASHES
Forward Smash: Shove- Waluigi pushes his arms forward in a shoving motion.

Down Smash: Split- Waluigi does a split, hitting opponents on both sides of him.

Up Smash: Upward Punch- Walugi does a punch into the air.

AERIALS
Neutral A: Arm/Leg- Waluigi sticks his arm and leg out, leaving them until he reaches the ground.

Forward A: Air-Shove- Waluigi lays out in the air and does a shove in midair.

Down A: Punch Down- Waluigi does a punch towards the ground.

Up A: Spin- Waluigi puts his arms and legs out and spins.

SPECIALS
Neutral B: Sidewinder- Waluigi swings his arm in a hook-style punch.

Forward B: Swim- Walugi "swims" through the air and hits his opponent. Another recovery.

Down B: Eggplant- Waluigi pulls out an Eggplant, which you throw. The throw can be charged. Has a 10% chance of being a Bob-Omb.

Up B: Piranha Plant- Waluigi pulls out a Piranha Plant, which can extend in any direction to bite enemies or latch on to walls. Can be used as a recovery by latching onto ledges.

GRABS
Grab Attack: Knee- Waluigi hits his opponent with his knee.

Forward Throw: Lunge Chuck- Waluigi throws the opponent forward and then lunges at them and kicks them.

Down Throw: Ground Pound- Waluigi throws the opponent on the ground and does a ground pound on them.

Up Throw: Throw Up- Waluigi throws his opponent up.

Back Throw: Flip Throw- Walugi throws the opponent back and does a flip, hitting him with his feet.

SUPER
Mischief Maker- the screen goes black and Waluigi moves across the stage quickly and attacks opponents with the Sidewinder. Once he reaches the other side of the stage the screen returns to normal and Waluigi has any one of the items one of his opponents was carrying (if they weren't carrying any, Waluigi does extra damage to everybody, but gets no item). Please note you have no control over Waluigi during this.

MISC.
Tuant: Waluigi laughs, going, "Wah-ha-ha-ha," and puts his left hand in an upside down L-shape.

Winning Taunts:
  • Flip Spin- Waluigi does a flip, spins around, and puts his left hand in an upside-down L-shape.
  • L-Fall- Waluigi does a handstand, but bends his legs, making him look like an upside down L. He then falls down.
  • Bob-Omb Blast- Waluigi pulls out a Bomb-Omb and throws it in the air multiple times, but then drops it, and it blows up.

Kirby Hat: Kirby grows a moustache and gets Waluigi's hat

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Um, Waluigi fans...I just have a quick question.

Has Waluigi ever done anything? Ever? Seriously now...has he done anything but play sports and be in a mariokart game?

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Hahha... :laugh: Sometimes briefness makes for great hilarity.

Then, I say down with waluigi (even though it has been said thousands of times in this thread). There are characters, even 1st party, that deserve a spot more than him. Just because all the others in the crew are in the game, does not mean Waluigi should be. The difference is, the SSB franchise is an extremely respected franchise, while games with Waluigi are not (albeit Mario Kart Double Dash, which in its own right can't compete with SSBM).

If any Waluigi fans can actually make any good points other than "he sounds funny and has long arms" then do so.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Saying "He's Wario's brother and thus belongs in all games Wario appears in" doesn't count either. He's not in the Warioware games.

bbb

Smash Champion
FoulQ said:
Ha. The Waluigians are dead silent. Looks like we win. :)
Sorry, I haven't had my interwebs up for a week. :(

Any ways, it is true. Waluigi has done very little, but I believe he has done enough. I don't know if you consider dancing a sport, but he was in DDR Mario mix, and he also enjoys playing board games apparently, because he's been in every mario party game since number 3.

Is that enough for you? Probably not, but he has done more than the Ice Climbers IMO. Also if it hadn't been for Mario 2, would you consider Peach worthy? All she did in that game (which wasn't even real, being just a dream and all) was pick vegetables and float around. I think she a was more improvised character than Waluigi would need to be. Maybe Waluigi needs to start working on a garden and then you'll apreciate him.

uremog

Smash Ace
i'm all for the advancement of non-clone characters. but i don't want to see someone who looks and moves like luigi with alterations similar to the mario/doc, fox/falco sets. let's face it guys, it's a crime.

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Plan 9 said:
Sorry, I haven't had my interwebs up for a week. :(
Ah, that does suck, I live off the internet :(

Plan 9 said:
Any ways, it is true. Waluigi has done very little, but I believe he has done enough. I don't know if you consider dancing a sport, but he was in DDR Mario mix, and he also enjoys playing board games apparently, because he's been in every mario party game since number 3.
Being in the filth that is Mario Party is really no honor. Also, nobody is really "in" DDR Mario Mix, they are just dudes in the background and such. He's done very little, other characters deserve the spot better. Heck, I'd go as far as to say my arch-nemesis toad deserves this spot more. At least he is a classical character.

Plan 9 said:
Is that enough for you? Probably not, but he has done more than the Ice Climbers IMO.
Has Waluigi ever had his own game like ICs? No. Will he ever? Probably, once Nintendo gets really bored. On the day that game gets released, I will be sad. Is he a unique nintendo classic, like ICs? No, he's just a stupid clone.

Plan 9 said:
Also if it hadn't been for Mario 2, would you consider Peach worthy?
Probably not, but there was a SMB2, so it doesn't make a difference. At least she was in the original SMBs, unlike Waluigi whose first appearence was in what, Mario Tennis!?!? Waluigi can stay as the pointless guy in sports games and in mario party games. That is where he should stay.

Plan 9 said:
All she did in that game (which wasn't even real, being just a dream and all) was pick vegetables and float around.
I'm pretty sure the game was real, as I am holding the cartridge in my hands. :)

Plan 9 said:
I think she a was more improvised character than Waluigi would need to be. Maybe Waluigi needs to start working on a garden and then you'll apreciate him.
The point I'm trying to say is at least Peach was an original of the SMB classics, and Waluigi didn't even appear till N64. Two generations of systems were passed until it got to him, in which, IMO snes and nes were definitely Mario's glory days. Mario 64 was good and all but probably can't compare to SuperMarioWorld and the original trilogy.

Also, Peach did appear in a variety of games, as you stated SMB2 in which she was a main character. She's been in all the games Waluigi has been in as well.

bbb

Smash Champion
FoulQ said:
I'm pretty sure the game was real, as I am holding the cartridge in my hands. :)
Not what I meant, but my wording was pretty bad there.

Opinions are hard to argue about, seeing as neither of us can truly be right. So instead of arguing ceaselessly about this, I'm just gunna say that there is a pretty good chance he'll end up in brawl, and if he does, I'm gunna use him.

And I'm spent.

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Plan 9 said:
Not what I meant, but my wording was pretty bad there.

Opinions are hard to argue about, seeing as neither of us can truly be right. So instead of arguing ceaselessly about this, I'm just gunna say that there is a pretty good chance he'll end up in brawl, and if he does, I'm gunna use him.

And I'm spent.
All those games with Waluigi(/Daisy) in them to me just seem like ways for Nintendo to get some extra cash, and I really hope they don't view SSBB as that....:mad:

Okay. We'll all just be friends, considering how this debate could go on for years. :)

icymatt

Smash Lord
I like Waluigi and all, but I think he's not near the top of my list of characters I want to see.

If the developers have some free time after making all the bigger characters, by all means add Waluigi.

bbb

Smash Champion
FoulQ said:
All those games with Waluigi(/Daisy) in them to me just seem like ways for Nintendo to get some extra cash
Well.. I can't really argue with that, although I do enjoy most of the sports games, and I used to enjoy Mario Party (all blisters aside).

FoulQ said:
Okay. We'll all just be friends, considering how this debate could go on for years. :)
It really could.

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
icymatt said:
If the developers have some free time after making all the bigger characters, by all means add Waluigi.
So you are saying, if the developers were in some private board room said this, you'd be okay?

"Hmmm...alright guys, we got all the third party guys down, now lets just finish it off with one more character...maybe we could choose a more obscure character like Mach Rider, or a pokemon to represent the upcoming 4th generation. Or perhaps, since Pichu is going byebye (hehehe) we can add somebody to represent 2nd generation! There is always a plethora of RPGs we could draw from, say, a Mother3 character or a FE character, maybe even somebody from the Golden Sun franchise!.......... Ah, screw it, let's just add Waluigi"

Not my slice of pie.

Plan 9 said:
Well.. I can't really argue with that, although I do enjoy most of the sports games, and I used to enjoy Mario Party (all blisters aside).
The sports games are enjoyable and all, but none of them have really stood out as truly great games like Mario64, the originals...then again, it's all a matter of opinion, like you said :p

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
FoulQ said:
So you are saying, if the developers were in some private board room said this, you'd be okay?

"Hmmm...alright guys, we got all the third party guys down, now lets just finish it off with one more character...maybe we could choose a more obscure character like Mach Rider, or a pokemon to represent the upcoming 4th generation. Or perhaps, since Pichu is going byebye (hehehe) we can add somebody to represent 2nd generation! There is always a plethora of RPGs we could draw from, say, a Mother3 character or a FE character, maybe even somebody from the Golden Sun franchise!.......... Ah, screw it, let's just add Waluigi"

Not my slice of pie.
LOL!! true dat, i would really hate that!

Yea Waluigi is really a nobody. Hell, they could have added him in Wario World (GCN) for a multiplayer mode but they didn't.

Hell I even remember me thinking this:

"Wow, Wario Ware have alot of characers in it! Alot of them are related to Wario too.

.....Wait a minute... WHERE'S WALUIGI??!?!!"

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Chidosengan said:
LOL!! true dat, i would really hate that!

Yea Waluigi is really a nobody. Hell, they could have added him in Wario World (GCN) for a multiplayer mode but they didn't.

Hell I even remember me thinking this:

"Wow, Wario Ware have alot of characers in it! Alot of them are related to Wario too.

.....Wait a minute... WHERE'S WALUIGI??!?!!"
I haven't ever played that game, but that is a little strange...

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Yes it is very weird Waluigi isn't in WarioWare yet considering the fact he's warios brother, hell he hasn't even made a cameo saying I hate all of warios friends thats why i don't join lol, but anyways, I think Waluigi fans(including myself lol) want him in this game for this game can start him off in the world of nintendo, sure he's cocky and has the best taunt ever :p(CROTCH CHOP Taunt FTW!) and sure he's been in pretty much every mario game known to date since his debut, but theres barly been any mario game that hasn't been a spin off/sport game now :/.

BTW, ever realize every system a new character gets a game(Gamecube - Luigi, DS - Peach, Gameboy - Wario(well wario land series lol)) Maybe the Wii can be where Waluigi gets his own game, we'll never know unless they announce it 1 day lol

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
You still haven't made one convincing argument as to why Waluigi should be in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Do that and I'll consider Waluigi....

Oh wait, I forgot that's impossible.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi should be in smash because
- They need to finish the brothers(mario,luigi,wario,waluigi)
- Smash Bros is a Spin Off ;), Waluigi pretty much appears with mario n the gang in spin offs now
- This game can start off Waluigi in the Nintendo World
- They added about 3 in melee(peach,bowser,doc) and with Doc probably getting the boot, that makes room for 2 - 3 more(imo being waluigi,geno,toad)
- They seem to finally be giving Waluigi a character(as a Cocky, Rude Guy) thus leading they could possibly add him
- He Has gotten a main villian role(even if it was a dancing game but hell it was still a main villian role lol)
- He also has a moderate fan support which could help him in getting in the game
- He wasn't on Sakurais Suggested Poll, thus leading he's either considered already or not considered at all

Yes this doesn't really count lol, but there were only fake cheats for wario,waluigi,sonic,tails, and toad in melee(again i know this doesn't count lol), and if he makes it into WarioWare Smooth Moves then Waluigi is almost a guarenteed then, only until then will we know

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Exodecai101 said:
Waluigi should be in smash because
- They need to finish the brothers(mario,luigi,wario,waluigi)
Why? No they don't. Waluigi is not a "brother." If you were 18 years old and all the sudden your long lost parents adopted a 2-year old child from Asia, would you consider him your brother? I don't think so.

- Smash Bros is a Spin Off ;), Waluigi pretty much appears with mario n the gang in spin offs now
SSBB is not a spinoff, it is an actual decent game, and if they added Waluigi that would be the end of it for me.

- This game can start off Waluigi in the Nintendo World
This doesn't have any weight to it. I'd prefer if Waluigi never got started. Ever. This is all a matter of opinion.

- They added about 3 in melee(peach,bowser,doc) and with Doc probably getting the boot, that makes room for 2 - 3 more(imo being waluigi,geno,toad)
I don't really consider Geno a mario character, considering he is 3rd party and all. Toad has good chances to make it...but, ****, I'd rather have Kamek of all people over Waluigi. And that is saying something.

I'm not saying Waluigi's chances are bad. In fact, they are not bad at all. I'm just saying that if Nintendo put Waluigi in SSBB that I would lose a lot of respect for them. Too me, adding Waluigi basically says the game is all about the money now, and solely about the money. Great games aren't just about the money.

- They seem to finally be giving Waluigi a character(as a Cocky, Rude Guy) thus leading they could possibly add him
When did this happen? Mario Power Tennis or something? I played that game for like 30 minutes before getting bored.

But seriously. What game?

- He Has gotten a main villian role(even if it was a dancing game but hell it was still a main villian role lol)
You took the words out of my mouth...it is a dancing game...DDR games aren't exactly plot-deep...

(While I am a huge fan of DDR, have DDRMax 1&2 and DDRUltramix 1&2, I consider Mario Mix to be a shame due to its cakewalk-style difficulty)

- He also has a moderate fan support which could help him in getting in the game
That is true.

- He wasn't on Sakurais Suggested Poll, thus leading he's either considered already or not considered at all
Wasn't that just fans suggesting ideas? Or did Sakurai actually officially make the poll himself?

Yes this doesn't really count lol, but there were only fake cheats for wario,waluigi,sonic,tails, and toad in melee(again i know this doesn't count lol), and if he makes it into WarioWare Smooth Moves then Waluigi is almost a guarenteed then, only until then will we know
Please don't let this emotionless nintendo-moneymaker get into one of the few real gems left in the video game world. :(

Yeah, I have strong opinions about Waluigi. But don't take any offense to any of my comments, it's just a debate after all. We can still be best of buds :)

Link226

Smash Ace
I wouldnt be mad if they put walugi......it would b pretty cool if they put him i'd like 2 c his moveset. But me personally i dont like walugi....i would just beat the crap outta him everyday :laugh:

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
If Waluigi was added, we can finally see what pair of plumber bros. would win in a battle. And like many people said, they are giving Waluigi a character. Rude and anti-social. Even though people hate him, he still has fans, and has a chance to get into Brawl.

Nintendo can do a lot with Waluigi. I doubt that Nintendo will make a game about him, but he may have an important role in Mario or Wario games. (Wario and Waluigi: Partners in Crime) And IMO, we need more villains/rivals in SSBB. Waluigi would be a unique character in Brawl. He's very tall and skinny. The possibilities are endless.

And if you hate him, look at it this way: you can beat him up as many times as you want to if he's in the game.

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
I want Waluigi. Favorite character in Mario Kart DS, Mario Party, Strikers, Baseball, etc. Not sure why. i just can't think of any moves really. Earlier, I would have said make him a Luigi clone, but then they made Wario from Wario-Ware, so that wouldnt fit at all. Perhaps make him a "luigi-fied" Wario? Replace the fart attack with something else? I don't know, but Im sure the creators can get something.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
i wouldent like him as a character in this game, but i think hes sweet in a " Get Off The Coke " kind of way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom