• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
McFox said:
I'm not really a Waluigi fan. If they want to put him in, fine. I've got four characters (beyond those mentioned) that I REALLY want to see in the game

Sonic
Skull Kid with Majora's Mask
Geno
Diddy Kong

Beyond that, whoever else they want to add is fine with me. I won't play with Waluigi, but if they have the above four (and three of them are fairly likely (I don't know about Skull Kid, I'd say his chances are lower than the other three, but still high)), then I don't really care who else they add.
pretty much the same as me lol

but if they can put in waluigi why not daisy

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Sorry but I actually loathe Wario and even more for Waluigi. However, Waluigi is a filler character so if he isn't in the game, he isn't doing his job isnt he...

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
I personally think that Waluigi should be in SSBB. Saying that he doesn't have a personality, or no move pool to choose from, has no basis. I played him alot in Mario Tennis 64 because he _had_ a personality... the personality of a four-year-old high on sugar. And like peach, he can easily have obscure moves taken from games... though I'd prefer the Tennis racket to stay with peach only. If he gets in, he'll probably take from the Mario Party series.

Go tall crazy stick man!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Another problem I've thought of is that, he won't fit in with Wario now, unless he gets a costume change.

If Wario is going Warioware with his costume, Waluigi wouldn't look right in his purply Mario knockoff costume.

This doesn't decrease his chances any, it's just someting to consider.

I just don't want him in the game because I hate him.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
McFox's Dead Body said:
Another problem I've thought of is that, he won't fit in with Wario now, unless he gets a costume change.

If Wario is going Warioware with his costume, Waluigi wouldn't look right in his purply Mario knockoff costume.

This doesn't decrease his chances any, it's just someting to consider.

I just don't want him in the game because I hate him.
That really is an interesting thought. That never crossed my mind. Although it may look a little bit odd, but it shouldn't really be a concern. In a sense, being odd is what Super Smash Brothers is all about. It is odd and unique to virtually every game in the fighting genre. That is one reason why Smash is so great, its something different.

McFox, I appreciate your honesty when stating your opinion.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Here's a moveset just for the fun of it. It's my first one, so don't make fun of it too bad.

STATS
Height: 5/5
Weight: 3/5
Power: 2/5
Speed: 4/5
Jump: 3/5

A ATTACKS
Nuetral A: Punch- if you press it once he punches, but if you press it consecutively, he will keep on throwing out long-ranged punches, advancing across the screen.

Forward A: Spinning Kick- Waluigi uses his long leg to kick his opponent, spinning around.

Up A: Flip- Waluigi does a flip, hitting opponent's in the air with his legs (sort of like Fox's Up Smash).

Down A: Spin- Waluigi sits on the ground and spins around, hitting opponents on either side of him with his legs.

Dash Attack: Lunge- Waluigi lunges at the opponent, hitting them with his leg.

SMASHES
Forward Smash: Shove- Waluigi pushes his arms forward in a shoving motion.

Down Smash: Split- Waluigi does a split, hitting opponents on both sides of him.

Up Smash: Upward Punch- Walugi does a punch into the air.

AERIALS
Neutral A: Arm/Leg- Waluigi sticks his arm and leg out, leaving them until he reaches the ground.

Forward A: Air-Shove- Waluigi lays out in the air and does a shove in midair.

Down A: Punch Down- Waluigi does a punch towards the ground.

Up A: Spin- Waluigi puts his arms and legs out and spins.

SPECIALS
Neutral B: Eggplant- Waluigi pulls out an Eggplant, which you throw. The throw can be charged.

Forward B: Swim- Walugi "swims" through the air and hits his opponent.

Down B: Bob-Omb- Waluigi pulls out a Bob-Omb, which you can then throw.

Up B: Piranha Plant- Waluigi pulls out a Piranha Plant, which can extend in any direction to bite enemies or latch on to walls. Can be used as a recovery

GRABS
Grab Attack: Knee- Waluigi hits his opponent with his knee.

Forward Throw: Lunge Chuck- Waluigi throws the opponent forward and then lunges at them and kicks them.

Down Throw: Ground Pound- Waluigi throws the opponent on the ground and does a ground pound on them.

Up Throw: Throw Up- Waluigi throws his opponent up.

Back Throw: Flip Throw- Walugi throws the opponent back and does a flip, hitting him with his feet.

SUPER
Mischief Maker- the screen goes black and Waluigi moves across the stage quickly and attacks opponents with the Sidewinder. Once he reaches the other side of the stage the screen returns to normal and Waluigi has any one of the items one of his opponents was carrying (if they weren't carrying any, Waluigi does extra damage to everybody, but gets no item). Please note you have no control over Waluigi during this.

MISC.
Tuant: Waluigi laughs, going, "Wah-ha-ha-ha," and puts his left hand in an upside down L-shape.

Winning Taunts:
  • Flip Spin- Waluigi does a flip, spins around, and puts his left hand in an upside-down L-shape.
  • L-Fall- Waluigi does a handstand, but bends his legs, making him look like an upside down L. He then falls down.
  • Bob-Omb Blast- Waluigi pulls out a Bomb-Omb and throws it in the air multiple times, but then drops it, and it blows up.

What Kirby looks like when he's copied: Kirby grows a moustache and gets Waluigi's hat

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
No No, for his win taunt or regular taunt HE MUST DO THE CROTCH CHOP(thats if he makes the game anyways)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Stats for waluigi: Strength: 1 Speed: 1 Jump:1 Height: 1 Weight: 1 Overall: 1

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
the only thing i'd change on that is put the strength to 2, Waluigi has no muscle in his arms n legs so ya lol, he has like stick arms n legs

magar

Banned via Administration
magar said:
Waluigi's a Winner
+1
I've been playing Mario Party too much! :chuckle:

btw, McFox pls don't call me a NOOB, I'm a SMASH JOURNEYMAN and not a SMASH NOOB.
No offence. ;)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
magar said:
sry, I thought that was being a newbie :ohwell:
I agree with him McFox. If you're going to call someone names, at least make sure the names are correct.

Newbie - Someone who is new.

n00b - Someone who knows how to act, yet continues to act the opposite way.

:chuckle: ;)

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Khorsan said:
Fox_Rocks Moveset: Ya, I can see most of that being his moveset. Nice work. And good on the taunts and the like.
thanks. It nice to hear people like my moveset.

supermario62

Smash Cadet
waluigi should be in because itll be fun for the ones who hate him so they can beat the snot out of him and the ones who like hime can play as him so its a win/win situation, and he could shoot lasers from his eyes like from mario tinis games (well lasers dont come out but itll be cool if they did.)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
supermario62 said:
waluigi should be in because itll be fun for the ones who hate him so they can beat the snot out of him and the ones who like hime can play as him so its a win/win situation, and he could shoot lasers from his eyes like from mario tinis games (well lasers dont come out but itll be cool if they did.)
I already have enough characters to beat the crap out of. (Pichu and Ganondorf are more than enough for me)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Marshigio said:
I already have enough characters to beat the crap out of. (Pichu and Ganondorf are more than enough for me)
But Pichu will proberly be removed you will need a new character to beat the crap out of.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
Fox_Rocks I'm sorry put I find that moveset to be very lacking. Don't get me wrong, that moveset is fine its just that there is so much room for improvement. In the Super Smash Brothers world, characters have two definite categories in their movesets: A attacks and B attacks. Generally, character's A attacks are kind bland and generic. By contrast, B moves are meant to be unique and different for each respective character.

The A moves are fine in my humble opinion. At first glance the attacks seemd kind of bland and generic to me, but the more I think about them the more I like them. The are only so many different ways to punch and kick someone that many A moves just seem generic, well at least to me.

The B moves leave a lot to be desired. Yeah they may be fine moves, but there is a major flaw. 3 of Waluigi's 4 unique B would be uncreative and unoriginal. The Sidewinder is essentially DK's Giant Punch. The Bob-Omb throw is really just Link and Young Link's Bombs. The Spin would be just like Doctor Mario, Mario, and Luigi's Tornado attacks, except Waluigi's version would be used for recovery. The only really unique move would be the Swim.

Of course most of this is just my opinion. In fact, I would love to take a crack at making a B moveset for Waluigi because the B moves are what would make Waluigi unique.

Also Fox_Rocks, please try again.

Mikey yin15

Smash Rookie
Dead Hippie said:
We all know who Waluigi is and most people really don't like him. Essentially, Waluigi was created to be a filler character. Way back when Mario Tennis 64 was still in development, there was one small question that puzzled everybody: Who would Wario's doubles partner be?Then came a great idea, they would create a new filler character to be Wario's partner.

Then thoughts go back to the Mario brothers. Mario has a rival and Luigi doesn't and we need things to be symmetrical. Wario is essentially a shorter and fatter version of Mario. Mario is the short and fat Mario brother. By contrast, Luigi is the taller and skinnier one. So there's an idea: A new taller and skinnier character would be created. The new character could fill the role of Luigi's rival. Perfect, right?

Since Waluigi has been in a bunch of Mario canon games and is well known for being a filler character. He has never starred or even really been mentioned in a real game, a game with a plot and conflict and everything.

That is the greatest arguement against him whenever someonee suggests that he should be included in SSBB. "He is just a stupid rip off of character that serves no real purpose" or "He isn't worthy since he has never been in any real games" and "He shouldn't be in because we don't know anything about him."

While all that is true, I for one believe that Waluigi should be added to the Super Smash Brothers cast. The fact that we know virtually nothing about him is great for Sakurai and the rest of the developers. They have so much freedom in creating a great moveset so him, just like the did with Fox and Captain Falcon (I'm sure you can agree that both characters have great movesets"

Anyway thats my two cents, what are your thoughts?

Stay Groovy,
Dead Hippie
Wow that is a really Good piont that i never realized Waluigi was my faveorite charater in mario used him Mario Tennis 64 and in every game he was in after that. if he is in the next Smash I really wanna see what they do with him BADLY.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Dead Hippie said:
The B moves leave a lot to be desired. Yeah they may be fine moves, but there is a major flaw. 3 of Waluigi's 4 unique B would be uncreative and unoriginal. The Sidewinder is essentially DK's Giant Punch. The Bob-Omb throw is really just Link and Young Link's Bombs. The Spin would be just like Doctor Mario, Mario, and Luigi's Tornado attacks, except Waluigi's version would be used for recovery. The only really unique move would be the Swim.
yeah, i kind of guessed that. the Sidewinder was originally supposed to be his forward smash, but i changed it to his B move when i thought of something better for his Smash, and i couldn't think of another B move. well, you'll have to excuse me, I'm not too creative. i was just trying to pull some things from games he's been in. The swim came from Mario Power Tennis and the Bob-Omb from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. The other two I just had to think of things to go along with his long arms and legs. I might try again later.

EDIT: I just added the aerials to my moveset and changed his Up B to something a bit better.

EDIT_2: I changed his Neutral B to Eggplant.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
i just changed around the Specials in my moveset a little bit. This time I added the Piranha Plant.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Waluigi isn't taller than Gannondorf or Zamus. Even if he was, they could just make scale him down like they did with Bowser.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
sorry for the double post but after reading that Wario wasn't such a popular choice I think this just lowered Waluigis chances :(

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Waluigi is a lot less popular than Wario, which makes his chances lower. At the end of it all though, I hope Waluigi won't be included.

fluffy

Smash Champion
1st off i would like to say, that i luv the sigs w/ pictures of samus' *** and stuff.

waluigi is sick. he's definately different from wario so thats a plus...i can even imagine his wavedash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom