• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Overall Sinistar, you're ideas are very interesting. I welcome them. Good point about him representing the party games.

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
I appreciate your kind words Birdman, as I expected to be eaten alive by the hardcore Waluigi haters out there (you know who you are...) oh well, all I can do is wait...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'll say it once and i'll say it again...
if sakurai can think of a moveset for fox and capt. falcon, he can think one up for waluigi.

and for all the waluigi haters out there, DON'T USE HIM!!! you know there is no way you will like all the characters put into smash. some of them you will not use cause you don't like them. waluigi is a better idea than some of the others i have heard out there. you don't like him, pummel him to death for all i care.

smash is the only game you can take mario and kick the crap out of pichu. nuff said.

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
Anyone that has played Faust from Guilty Gear would feel right at home with my waluigi, especially since many of his random moves are based on some of the things faust throws with his Down foward Punch:
Faust throws bombs, hammers, a coin, health replenishing doughnuts and candy, mini versions of himself, robo-ky, and potemkin, a flask of poison gas, and a deluge of meteors. I figured Smash bros. needed a random character too, so when I thought about it, I figured waluigi, since he tends to be sneaky and decietful (from what little information we know about him) could fit the bill.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
colbusman said:
and for all the waluigi haters out there, DON'T USE HIM!!!
That is entirely not the point. I'd rather Nintendo not waste their valuable time trying to add a crappy character into the game when there are so many better choices out there.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Sinistar71 said:
B = Party Orb - Waluigi throws an orb a short distance. When it lands, it opens up, revealing one of 4 random things:

1. Sparky bomb - the capsule explodes on contact, just like a bob-bomb, it does less damage then a bob-bomb, around 5 to 10% damage.

2. Mini Waluigi - A mini mario painted purple and black marches forward until it falls of a ledge, if it hits a wall, it walks up it. It does minor damage (2-3%) and grabs onto an opponent on contact, both slowing and weighing them down for a few moments, then it disappears.

3. Piranha plant - a potted piranha plant chomps at anyone foolish enough to get close to it (it attacks anything in a bowser's hitbox sized area). each bite does 7% damage, and on very rare occasions (about a 3% chance, like I said, VERY RARE) it will bite down hard on a layer, swing them around, slam them into the floor, and throw them towards the center of the arena (around 30% to 50% damage, depending on how many times they are slamed into the ground) Beware though, as the piranha plant can hurt waluigi as well. The piranha plant is also the rarest of waluigi's random items. It disappears after awhile, like a red shell.

4. Booster Pop! - A soda bottle that, when picked up, does one of the following:
1. Replenish 20% damage
2. Small attack boost
3. Small Defense boost
4. Small Speed boost
5. Poison! Deals 5 -10% damage
Opponents can also pick up the Booster Pop, just like any healing item.

Waluigi can have up to 2 orbs thrown at a time, the player must wait till the object has been used or vanishes before he can throw another one

^B - Bob-Bomb Blast - Waluigi throws a bob-bomb below him, and the blast sends him upwards to recover. The size of the blast is random, but the larger the blast, the higher waluigi will travel. On random occasions, like Luigi's Green Missile, the bomb will blow up prematurely, sending Waluigi a much greater distance, but also slightly damaging him.

vB - Evil Glare - Waluigi's Eyes light up (just like when he made a point in MArio Tennis for the 64). if hit during this time, the opponent's attack does no half damage (rounded up) and freezes for a few seconds (like jigglypuff's sleep or mewtwo's disable)

>B - Fury Kick - Waluigi does a falcon kick like attack towards his opponent, except that the attack is a straight line when in the air, unlike falcon.

Brawl - Dice Roll Chance Time- Waluigi hits a dice block and the amount of damage dealt and who it is dealt to is on the die. It ranges from 10% to 100% and can even attack multiple characters, including waluigi. Luck be a lady when you use this attack.
*thumbs up* Better than the moveset I thought of.

But I'd replace the <B> attack with some sort of Wrecking Crew related attack, like a hammer or something like that.

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
Now that you say it Red, I realized I forgt all about his possible connections to wrecking crew...I'm suprised no one else has mentioned it yet, thanks! That can also go with my reasoning to why he should be in brawl, as he represents the pre-Super Mario Bros. Nintendo. Hold on, I have an idea for his >B move...

>B - Wrecking Rocket - Waluigi pulls out a hammer and begins to spin it around, then he lunges foward and flys through the air. This move is similar to Luigi's Green missile, in that it charges and launches the character foward, but it has no chance of exploding.

I figure this will work better then his current >B, what do you think?

bbb

Smash Champion
Mmmmmm-mmm, tasty, tasty wrecking crew. I like all those ideas, his smash attacks could be more Wrecking Crew based, who knows.

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
Wrecking Crew is an old Nintendo game from 1984, in it, you play as Mario and Luigi, who must demolish buildings by smashing all the walls, all the while avoiding and trapping the evil Egglant men and Gotcha Wrenches (the enemies of the game).

In bonus games, the player would take on Foreman Spike (Blackey in japan), a mario look alike in all black and sunglasses, to a race to be the first to find a coin in a brick wall. He also caused mischief while youwee playing,by destroying ladders or jitting you with his hammer. While originally most people believed that Spike was the basis for Wario, as he closel resembled him at the time, Nintendo has alluded numorous times that Waluigi could in fact BE foreman spike (even though he appeared in Japan's Cell phone version of mario golf, and looked nothing like Waluigi).

There was also a sequal for the SNES called Wrecking Crew '98, it was more of a VS. Puzzle game then a action. Spike made his return, and resembled a cross between Wario and Waluigi.

Several hints, such as Waluigi's team name in Mario baseball being the Eggplants (the logo resembles an eggplant man, and his super pitch turns the ball into an eggplant as well), to Mario Kart DS (The gold Mantis, Waluigi's starting vehicle, is a construction Vehicle), to his level in Mario DDR (A remix of the Wrecking Crew music) have appeared hinting at waluigi being Spike (or at least someone like him).

Wether Waluigi IS Foreman Spike or merely homage to Wrecking Crew is still unknown, and probably will be a topic of speculation for years to come.

Here's an original Spritesheet, based off his Wrecking Crew '98 appearence
http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=03&c=1&id=1233

Here's A wiki all about Wrecking Crew:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrecking_Crew_(video_game)

and here's one on foreman spike:
http://www.answers.com/topic/foreman-spike

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
McFox said:
That is entirely not the point. I'd rather Nintendo not waste their valuable time trying to add a crappy character into the game when there are so many better choices out there.
but like i said, you won't like every character that appears in brawl. waluigi is one of the better choices out there, because he brings in a unique style to the mario party and sport games, so he will bring one to brawl.

but again, you may not like him. we probably know what chances some of the characters mentioned have a chance of being in brawl. walugi may be one of the highest. if you don't like him, don't use him. pummel him with your main instead. however, i am all for waluigi being in brawl, due to his unique traits he has.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Waluigi is one of the least unique character suggestions on these boards. He's stretchy, he carries a plant, and he throws a bomb-omb, that's about all he does. I already pointed out Brawl isn't the place to learn about characters.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
colbusman said:
but like i said, you won't like every character that appears in brawl. waluigi is one of the better choices out there, because he brings in a unique style to the mario party and sport games, so he will bring one to brawl.

but again, you may not like him. we probably know what chances some of the characters mentioned have a chance of being in brawl. walugi may be one of the highest. if you don't like him, don't use him. pummel him with your main instead. however, i am all for waluigi being in brawl, due to his unique traits he has.
The problem is people are expecting every additional character in brawl to be one that they personally approve of and that's not going to happen. Seriously, does anyone approve of every character in melee, no. At one point in time during the early days of melee I'm sure everyone said to themselves_______ shouldn't be in the game or I wish the would have put _____ instead of _______. If you don't like a suggestion feel free to voice your opinion but don't try to discredit someone elses. If I went to the page of your most hopefully addition to brawl and repeatedly tried to discredit that character you would be losing your mind and talking about the sexually promiscuity of the female members of my family. You're not expected to like everyones ideas and you probably won't like every character when brawl does come out, but don't try to rain on someone elses parade because you disagree. State your opinion and move the **** on!
Marshigio said:
He's stretchy, he carries a plant, and he throws a bomb-omb, that's about all he does.
What did peach do before her inclusion to melee....get kidnapped repeatedly by a deformed turtle. Falco....a flyboy sidekick. G&W.....completely forgotten about. Who cares what he does now, the focus is what he could in the future and what he could do in brawl.
Marshigio said:
I already pointed out Brawl isn't the place to learn about characters
I'll give you that. Although it wouldn't really hurt to tell a little, brawl is not the place to learn his bio but that's not a reason he should excluded. His purpose in life seems to be to wreak havoc. That sounds like a character that should be in brawl to me.

TheSmashBro06

Smash Cadet
Waluigi

-Pros
He could be a very original character
Becoming very popular
-Cons
Has only appeared in Party and Sport games
Filler character

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
sonic&shadow said:
if walugi was in the game what would his move list be?
Sinistar71 made a very unique moveset for him on page 19
Red Manic quoted it above also

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't there a Foreman Spike trophy in Smash Bros. melee? I forget (I know there's a Waluigi one)

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Sinistar's got a pretty good move-set, and it was one I was repeatedly thinking of as I read through the 20 pages of fighting.

For those saying that Waluigi is only a filler character, and a waste, I feel that's not a substantial reason for keeping the guy out of the game. I noticed how certain posters said that they'd rather Toad be included in the roster than Waluigi, because the under-rated new guy has only been in the party and sport games. Beside for SMB2 and sports games, when has Toad ever done anything besides being captured or running around in a nervous pitch? He's been only the tutorial guy, or someone in the background. Then there's Fox and Captain Falcon. As made known in other arguments, in their games, they only remained stationary in a car or starship. "They're making a left turn. They're flying upwards." However, they've made appearances in the Smash Brothers franchise - they've been given their own moves, and they've both become big hits in their own rights. Shouldn't Waluigi be given this chance to shine?

Someone mentioned before, quite astutely, that Waluigi reminds them of Dasterdly from Wacky Racers. Since Wario's costume is being based off of Wario Ware, can't Waluigi have his own unique costume? Every time I see the guy in a party game, I'm reminded of "the Red Baron" and some crazy German guy flying a plane in WWI. He could have a costume based off of that. It would suit his form, I suppose, as I've always imagined the German fliers looking all lanky like that.

But anyway, I don't think it's fair to really exclude Waluigi just because he hasn't had a game to himself. He's got the fanbase already, and I think it's only a matter of time before he has his own game. I think Nintendo'll figure out a way to include him.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
colbusman said:
1) That isn't necessarily true. I like all the characters in Melee.

2) I don't just dislike Waluigi. I HATE HIM.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Mmkay, it was funny when DX did it that one time, but it's been overdone. Let's relent on insulting McFox in the netspeak and **'s.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
I think so, too. Others and I feel that he's a throw-back to those old movies where the crazy guy in the top hat and Dali-mustache tied a damsel in distress to a railroad while frantic piano music played in the background, and it'd be funny to have a level where you have to knock him around a little to keep him from doing that, as a joke or something.

But getting serious, now, let's see if he can be an actual character.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully he makes it into brawl. His taunt could be some sort of laugh like D*** Dasterdly would do.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Albert Anastasia said:
Then there's Fox and Captain Falcon. As made known in other arguments, in their games, they only remained stationary in a car or starship. "They're making a left turn. They're flying upwards." However, they've made appearances in the Smash Brothers franchise - they've been given their own moves, and they've both become big hits in their own rights. Shouldn't Waluigi be given this chance to shine?
We have always been given some vague idea of what they can do outside a craft because of their history and personality (something Waluigi doesn't have) they are the main characters of their franchises Waluigi is an unimportant and unpopular character.

His Fan base is extrodinarly small and his hate base is growing rapidly keep this in mind when defending waluigi

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
Just for the sake of asking xianfeng, when has Diddy kong had such a huge following? Minus Diddy Kong racing, he has played a filler and secondary role for DK (even in DKC2, Dixie became more popular and more people tended to use her, which was why he was replaced by kiddie kong in DKC3). Since his return, he has played just as important a role (if not less) then Waluigi in the Mario Universe. You, as well as many of the other Waluigi haters here, seem to like resaying the same 3 or 4 things again and again and again:

1. Waluigi is unoriginal

What makes Falco so creative? He's a bird anthro that flies a spaceship like the other 3 starfox pilots. He's the stereotypical "Cool guy with mysterious past" character you see in almost EVERY anime that involves combat of any sort. Or Captain Falcon, as much as I love F-Zero, he's very average, a futuristic, Helmeted bounty hunter(who does THAT sound like, hmmm....I wonder..?) that races around with 40 equally unoriginal (though likeable) characters. Waluigi may be uninspired and cliche', but he's FAR from alone in the Smash Bros. cast.

2. Waluigi has only been in Party games / Waluigi started out in MARIO TENNIS / Waluigi is a "Filler" character

I dislike repeating myself, but every character in smash bros. represents something about Nintendo and it's amazing history. Waluigi could easily represent the five or six party games that nintendo releases each and every year (a well liked and profitable move, an opinion I share with many), as well as the entire genre itself. Also, in my honest opinion, waluigi is a clever nod to wrecking crew, a classic, forgotten pre-Super Mario Bros. Mario game, a game that he could easily represent, in moves and in spirit.

3. Waluigi is boring

No, YOU think he his. How boring a character is is nothing but opinion, and to go around acting like it's fact with no regard for other people's opinions makes you an *******, and just because YOU hate a character doesn't mean others do, so don't think of your opinion as fact.

4. Waluigi is a waste of the developer's time

Again, this is opinion. It clearly wasn't a waste of time for the developers to make waluigi, so why would it be a waste to make a moveset for him.

My point is, if you dislike Waluigi, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't just say the same reasons again and again. Some original output from the nay-sayers could help your cause out a lot.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
he has a slim chance the next mario characters to get in will proberly be Toad and Geno IMO of course.

Just for the sake of asking xianfeng, when has Diddy kong had such a huge following? Minus Diddy Kong racing, he has played a filler and secondary role for DK (even in DKC2, Dixie became more popular and more people tended to use her, which was why he was replaced by kiddie kong in DKC3). Since his return, he has played just as important a role (if not less) then Waluigi in the Mario Universe. You, as well as many of the other Waluigi haters here, seem to like resaying the same 3 or 4 things again and again and again:
Diddy has always been the second most popular Kong and in Donkey Kong Country 3 Dixie wasn't the star because she's more popular (which she clearly isn't) she was the star because it gave room for a new plot line and story. In Donkey Kong 64 he was one of the most used kongs by most players, he has a perfect moveset and is a FIGHTER and brawl is a FIGHTING game Diddy fits perfectly, in Mario Kart Double Dash, Diddy's car was the best light weight car and one of the best cars (IMO) and I don't play the sports games because I would rather play it in real life.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Albert Anastasia said:
For those saying that Waluigi is only a filler character, and a waste, I feel that's not a substantial reason for keeping the guy out of the game. I noticed how certain posters said that they'd rather Toad be included in the roster than Waluigi, because the under-rated new guy has only been in the party and sport games. Beside for SMB2 and sports games, when has Toad ever done anything besides being captured or running around in a nervous pitch? He's been only the tutorial guy, or someone in the background. Then there's Fox and Captain Falcon. As made known in other arguments, in their games, they only remained stationary in a car or starship. "They're making a left turn. They're flying upwards." However, they've made appearances in the Smash Brothers franchise - they've been given their own moves, and they've both become big hits in their own rights. Shouldn't Waluigi be given this chance to shine?
Toad has been around longer. And all those characters you mention are some of the older and classic characters, they can be a little unoriginal because they have been around longer and back in the 80's and 90's almost every character of Nintendo was inspired by something oblivous (Donkey Kong- King Kong for example).

Now we live in the age where we dont take simple games as Paper Boy anymore. People nowadays like Final Fantasy and stuff like that more, some game with characters with personality are doing better then others. If games as Paper Boy where new these days we all wanted to know more about that boy that delivers papers, like why did he took that ****ing job, whoes dog is attacking me?, WHO THE **** DRIVES THAT CAR WHERE I DIED FROM 6 TIMES IN A ROW?

Now Waluigi is just a filler character. One made for only one thing... Filling the place for being Wario's partner and Luigi's so called rival. And not to mention characters are picked pretty careful in Smash Bros. Not every filler character can walk in. ;)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
why toad? he is a wuss nowadays. all he does is scream and run away and cry. i don't want to play a character like that in brawl. any character like geno, bowser jr., and waluigi is better than toad.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
colbusman said:
why toad? he is a wuss nowadays. all he does is scream and run away and cry. i don't want to play a character like that in brawl. any character like geno, bowser jr., and waluigi is better than toad.
not waluigi he has contributd nothing to the mario series and should not be in brawl if he gets in an adveture game then yes he can go in that is why I think daisy has a better chance she has been in more game, she's got more game 'foo, blah blah blah.

Toad has contributed plenty to the mario universe sure on the gamecube he was a wuss but that's not his fault it's Nintendo's fault. (oh my god I just realised where Jungle Beat fits in, in the DK time line and It makes sense, that game isn't a screw up)

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Sinistar is right. All I keep hearing is the same arguement just worded differently. 'Waluigi is unoriginal". Ok. Wario started of as just a rival to mario probably because they got tired of just the bowsor angle. Not a problem right? Waluigi starts of as a rival to luigi, but that's a problem? Falco was just a filler character. Now he is in smash as one of the top 5. If you just don't like Waluigi, say so and move on. At least McFox was honest. Don't make all these stupid *** contradicting arguements. Example:
xianfeng said:
not waluigi he has contributd nothing to the mario series and should not be in brawl if he gets in an adveture game then yes he can go in that is why I think daisy has a better chance she has been in more game, she's got more game 'foo, blah blah blah.

Toad has contributed plenty to the mario universe sure on the gamecube he was a wuss but that's not his fault it's Nintendo's fault. (oh my god I just realised where Jungle Beat fits in, in the DK time line and It makes sense, that game isn't a screw up)
Daisy has more game "foo"? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Does it make sense to anyone else? And how has Toad contributed more; because he could pick turnips the fastest in SMB2?
Sinistar and Albert have given plenty of reasons on why he should be in, even a unique moveset but all that you haters can say in response is "He is just a filler and unoriginal". Yet you support Toad and other characters that aren't even owned by Nintendo.
McFox said:
I love the way you word complete and total opinions as fact xianfeng. It's not annoying at all.
Not facts, strictly opinion. VERY annoying

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Sinstar, that was a very good moveset you made for Waluigi, props, or another complimenting word that fits there.
BIRDMAN22 said:
His taunt could be some sort of laugh like D*** Dasterdly would do.
That would actually make me not hate the character as much, because I do like Dastardly quite a bit (Stupid pidgeon and Whacky Racers, always making him lose).

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well i think that there are much more deserving characters than waluigi that deserve to be in ssbb, just because he is from the mario franchise doesnt mean he should get in. i dont think people were even sure if they wanted wario should get in so y should waluigi get in then?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Sinistar, I agreed with everything you said, and I think you're right about how Waluigi can represent the Mario Party and Sports games.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
FiErCe_oNi said:
well i think that there are much more deserving characters than waluigi that deserve to be in ssbb, just because he is from the mario franchise doesnt mean he should get in. i dont think people were even sure if they wanted wario should get in so y should waluigi get in then?
I don't think anyone has said he should be in because he is a mario character. Good reason that have been stated are that he could represent either the party games or pay homage to the old wrecking crew game. Other reasons have included that it would make for interseting event matches. Even the made up moveset is interesting. yes there are other people that have higher priority than Waluigi but with the amount of characters that should be added and his ever growing fanbase(which is larger than his hate base), I can't see why he wouldn't make it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom