• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
I don't think many people realize a cold, hard, Nintendo truth that has been masked for ever so long; Mario himself is as bad as Waluigi. Think about it: in all of Mario's games, the stories have been bland, and Mario has been forced into situations, revealing absolutely nothing about his character. He is the stereotypical hero type, with nothing but his looks original. The only reason he is so widely supported is because he's starred in so many games, which makes no sense.

Waluigi may be a filler character with not much personality, but it is slowly being established through the sports games. For example, in Mario Power Tennis, it is revealed that he is mischievous and an annoyance for Mario and Luigi, rather than a full-fledged villain like Bowser. That alone, combined with his stature, range, affinity for Bob-Ombs and special moves in his games, is enough to make him equal to Mario, who is the quintessential Brawl character.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
True, we really don't know anything about mario except that he can play sports and he has very good jumping ability. Yeah he lives in a world of pipes but does that make him a pumber, have you ever seen him with a wrench? Maybe he should be on the next E! true holywood story. Might tell us about a drug habit. I mean only a crackhead can break bricks with his head. IT'S NOT NORMAL.

NukeA6

Smash Master
BIRDMAN22 said:
I mean only a crackhead can break bricks with his head. IT'S NOT NORMAL.
You notice that his fist is raised up when he jumps? That's right, he breaks bricks with it.

I can't believe we still have people who think Mario breaks bricks and hits boxes with his head.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
FiErCe_oNi said:
well i think that there are much more deserving characters than waluigi that deserve to be in ssbb, just because he is from the mario franchise doesnt mean he should get in. i dont think people were even sure if they wanted wario should get in so y should waluigi get in then?
Being that I've read your posts before, I'm guessing the "better characters" would be more ridiculous Pokemon, or Toad. There's no need to litter the game with them, when there were four playable ones in SSBM, and 80 others that you can chuck at someone. And then some people have got nerve to call Waluigi the filler, and not Toad. I don't see him having his own game. He shared SMB2, and from there on, he's been only around for tutorials, and to play in sports games. The way I see it, he's on equal par or below Waluigi, as Toad was never good for much in the past.

Oh, and for that claim about Waluigi being a Nazi, that's a pile of rubbish. It's that conspiracy crap that people can find in anything. I could say that Pokemon represented slavery because Ash takes the **** animals without their consent, and forces them to battle. So that shouldn't be a reason for him not being entered into the game.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
NukeA6 said:
You notice that his fist is raised up when he jumps? That's right, he breaks bricks with it.

I can't believe we still have people who think Mario breaks bricks and hits boxes with his head.
First off it was an obvious joke to the post above mine. I can't believe we still have people that easily miss a point and end up making themselves look bad.

And Albert, your right pokemon are slaves. Think about it, they get caught and taken out of their natural habitat, forced to do labor for others, and are made to battle other pokemon to solve problems that are not their own. Ash has the nerve to say he and pikachu are friends. Pikachu is more like a house slave.

EDIT: Hey Nuke, just so you know, this was just another joke.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of whether they are or not, the point I was hoping to make with that is I can pull anything from out of the air, like that whole "Wario/Waluigi are Nazis" thing, and try to ruin the image of it. It's another terrible attempt at saying he shouldn't get in, as bad as the one saying he'd be a waste of money. The only clear waste of money I could think of is putting in another badly thought-up Pokemon (I'm amazed they're still being put out - haven't they run out of images for them by now?), and having about 7 Pokemon, and 1,000 others in Pokeballs. That's the waste, because in that case, it shouldn't be Super Smash Brothers anymore. It should just be renamed after the Pokemon franchise.

SonicFZ

Smash Rookie
I personally want Waluigi to be in Brawl cause Wario is in it, and it would be stupid not to have Waluigi in Brawl. He has been some games, mainly in Mario Party games. He is basicly Luigi's rival.

If he is in Brawl, Nintendo will maybe give him Luigi's Moves or something like Wario's Moves but different, it would be better to have him in Brawl.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
No, they shouldn't give him Luigi's move, or a variant on Wario's, because that would give the nay-sayers here a reason to say he's a waste. Waluigi can have a lot more of a freedom with his move set. For example, if you remember from Mario Tennis, every time he'd score, his eyes would flash in that creepy way. He can have a move that incorporates that (this has already been said).

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
I'd love for the flash eyes to return if he makes it in brawl, mainly as 1 of his win taunts, that be awesome

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Well, McFox, freedom can be taken with the glowing eyes, since we don't necessarily know what they do. They could, for example, stun the guy it's aimed at, making the opponent temporarily unable to move.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Just because you don't think he's liked, doesn't mean it's true. As much as I hate Pokemon, I recognize that people like it, and I don't use that as my excuse for saying they shouldn't be in the game (then again, it's hard not to recognize it's popularity). I use a valid point - that there is already at least four playable characters, and that there's around 80 that appear in Pokeballs, giving them a more-than-fair representation. If Waluigi was hated everywhere, then perhaps the head honchos at Nintendo would realize this, and remove him from the franchise. But though we might question his creation, there can be absolutely no questioning that he has become quite popular with a lot of people - not necessarily you, but other people.

Take a look at the Ice Climbers. I can assure you that not many people knew who they were, since they've only appeared in one game. Look at how they've come along now. Nana and Popo have grown on a lot of players because of SSBM, just like Waluigi has grown on those who have played the Nintendo sports and party games. If Hal and Nintendo can make something great out of the Ice Climbers, then I have no worries that something spectacular can be born with Waluigi.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
The same points have been said in the past 23 pages, Ice Climbers were unique. Ice Climbers had their own game. Waluigi is/has neither of these things.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Albert Anastasia said:
Just because you don't think he's liked, doesn't mean it's true. As much as I hate Pokemon, I recognize that people like it, and I don't use that as my excuse for saying they shouldn't be in the game
yeah right. Alberta Anastasia, remember my Poliwhirl thread?

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
:laugh: That post is almost as funny as the one below you who said that waluigi is equal to Mario. :laugh:
It's sad that comments like this are still being said yet no one is given any reason on why he shouldn't be in brawl except for he is a filler, which as already been thrown out as an excuse. I will back the statement that you mock by saying this: whereas I am to lazy to read all the page on this thread I can tell you that the last four pages had 9 supporters, 5 haters, 4 with no real opinion(just asking questions) and one former hater that seems to have been swayed by a previous post bring the total to 10 supporters which is twice as many as the nay-sayers.

The first 3 pages had more poeple that said he should be in than saying he shouldn't by a large number. Within the thread alone backs up the point that his fanbase is larger than his hate base. I know that some haters are not present just like some fans are not present but what we have here proves my point.

Stop making unneccessary comments, if you hate him that much go to another page in support of a character you like or give legitimate reasons to backup you're opinion.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
I used the Ice Climbers reference to prove to xianfeng that it's not exactly a joke for Waluigi to have his own fanbase, not to prove his originality.

Yes, his appearance might not be the most unique thing we have seen. He's got the Mario-esque costume, the common-place mustache, Luigi-like height and build. The same argument can be mounted against the original Wario, too. He also shared the traditional plumber costume, sported an exaggerated Mario form, and didn't have his own game for a little while. He's become quite popular, and gained a slot in SSBB with his unique Wario Ware garb.

There's a possibility Waluigi might have his own game in the works that Nintendo hasn't told the public about (which should really give him his own elements), and they can probably do what they did to Roy, and use him to "advertise" for the new Fire Emblem game. I'd like to note, also, that at the time, he didn't technically have his own game either, as it was still under construction. Yet, he appeared as a clone in SSBM, and achieved something.

And for hemightbegiant, who can't interpret words, I'll give a synopsis of my Poliwhirl post: "There are enough Pokemon in the game already, we don't need more."

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
See that, he defended his support and put reason behind it. He didn't just say " I like Waluigi, he would own". if you want to hate then hate, just have something to back it up.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Albert Anastasia said:
Just because you don't think he's liked, doesn't mean it's true. As much as I hate Pokemon, I recognize that people like it,
But Waluigi has little to no fanbase outside this forum but his fanbase is rapid around the net

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
You still acknowledge, though, that he has a fanbase, even if it is limited to the internet (which I'm sure it isn't). That in itself is support to what I said earlier. If Nintendo knew he wasn't liked, he would be scrapped, and a new "money-maker" would be put in his place. But there's obviously a body of people out there who genuinely like Waluigi, no matter how new he is, and despite his lacking of his own game.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
But Waluigi has little to no fanbase outside this forum but his fanbase is rapid around the net
What do you base this own. You are trying to state a fact but I'm sure you have nothing to back this up with.

How about this, Diddy Kong will not be in any games in the future, EVER. What do I have to base this on you ask? Same as you, because I'm sure I know everything.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Thanks for ignoring my earlier post.

And just because the first 3(out of 23) had people saying they wanted him in over him being excluded doesn't mean anything.

Click here

That's the only Waluigi fansite that I saw that was 50% dedicated to Waluigi. No websites that I found were 100% dedicated to him, if you can find one I ask that you post it on here so we can get some proof that he actually has a fanbase.

So much for the growing Waluigi fanbase I keep hearing of.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Albert Anastasia said:
And for hemightbegiant, who can't interpret words, I'll give a synopsis of my Poliwhirl post: "There are enough Pokemon in the game already, we don't need more."
And for Albert Anastasia, who can't UNDERSTAND words, I'll tell put down what you said:

As much as I hate Pokemon, I recognize that people like it, and I don't use that as my excuse for saying they shouldn't be in the game
the thing is, you DO say they shouldn't be in. No matter how much you hate it, there WILL be more pokemon in the game. You cant hate someone for having an idea.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
You really aren't bright.

With the sentence right in front of you, you still can't understand it. After I explicitly said I don't use that as a reason for not wanting them in the game, you still insist upon it. Get your brain checked, my friend, because I'm losing my patience with your ignorance.

http://www.waluigisthrone.vze.com/

I believe Marsh needs a new platform on Waluigi's fanbase.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
That's a great website, especially with a whopping 15 members. My point is that he doesn't have a big fanbase, while there are other Nintendo characters who do.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I'm actually a very nice person. I just have a very short temper with all kinds of things. I don't mean half of the mean things I say, but they come out, regardless.

Edit: I didn't check out the members on the site, because all you asked for was solely a site dedicated to Waluigi, in which I found one. It was the first one I came upon, so I put it here before someone else posted. I can find another that probably has a bigger membership.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Albert Anastasia said:
Yes, I'm actually a very nice person. I just have a very short temper with all kinds of things. I don't mean half of the mean things I say, but they come out, regardless.
Yeah, If someone didn't get what I was trying to say, I'd be pretty pissed off too, but I understand now ;)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
BIRDMAN22 said:
How about this, Diddy Kong will not be in any games in the future, EVER. What do I have to base this on you ask? Same as you, because I'm sure I know everything.
He's planned for Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Diddy Kong Racing DS, DK King of Swing DS and something else

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
He's planned for Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Diddy Kong Racing DS, DK King of Swing DS and something else
Thanks i'm glad you missed the point. Please re-read. Nevermind I will just tell you. My point is that anyone can say something with no proof or research behind it just to make a statement. You don't know the number of fans he has just like I don't know much about Diddy Kong.

For my next class, I will teach how to read between the lines.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
BIRDMAN22 said:
Thanks i'm glad you missed the point. Please re-read. Nevermind I will just tell you. My point is that anyone can say something with no proof or research behind it just to make a statement. You don't know the number of fans he has just like I don't know much about Diddy Kong.

For my next class, I will teach how to read between the lines.
I agree with you birdman, no one can say one character has no fans or too little to be put in a game. at least that's how I see it, int he past, I have had cases where I missed the pount (Albert Anastasia, sorry!)

PS: It would be better if you had your own insults at the end.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Notice that the first two have next to no members, this is just further proof that he barely has any fans, therefore being one of the lesser supported characters for Brawl. The 3rd one was just silly, because notice that almost none(if any) have anything to do with Waluigi.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I didn't read through some of them. If it said "Dedicated to Waluigi", I put it here, because that's what Marsh had asked for earlier. I'm done looking at the moment.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I'm pretty sure those websites killed the argument that Waluigi has a big fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom