• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Ok, I'll use an even better reason for him not to be in Brawl. He's obscure.

It doesn't matter how many games he's been in, because they've all been party games. We don't NEED to prove that Waluigi is going to have his own game, when you can't prove that he WILL have his own game.

If he gets a story/important role and/or game, like Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, DK, Doc Mario, Bowser, and Wario, then he should be in.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Are you telling me that there are no "obscure" characters in melee?

I can't really see why party games are being attacked anyway. Nintendo made games for different audiences. Some people like racing, fps, flight sims, fighting, RPGs, and some like party games. Why is mario racing and sports games classified under party. Anyway, a character doesn't have to have their own game to be in smash. Falco is a good example of a filler character that was included. He's not the star of any game yet he is one of the most popular melee participants.

Last note, when did Doctor Mario have play an important role in the mario universe. his game wa a tetris rip-off and you never even controlled him. If waluigi had a game called "waluigi's island' that played exectly like monopoly, would he be acceptable to you then?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Notice I said and/or game, which is something Docter Mario has and Waluigi doesn't. If Waluigi's Island was a game, which it never will be, then yes I'd accept him in Brawl.

Falco was put in at the last second just like the other clones, he was the most popular Star Fox Crew member(other than Krystal, but she has a unique moveset with that staff).

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
Notice I said and/or game, which is something Docter Mario has and Waluigi doesn't. If Waluigi's Island was a game, which it never will be, then yes I'd accept him in Brawl.
This makes me really question your mental stability. You will support Doc even though he can't be controlled in his game. You would accept waluigi if he had a monopoly rip-off type game, but you can't support waluigi right now because he is in party games (which i still can't see why they are being bashed).

Let's get on that for a sec. Nintendo makes a racing game for mario so racing/nintendo fans have a game for them. They dumb it down and make it more "kid friendly" yet still keeping it fun enough for older players. You (as well as others) can't support a character from this game when it comes to smash. OK

Nintendo makes an RPG for mario so rpg/nintendo fans have a game for them. They dumb it down and make it more "kid friendly" yet still keeping it fun enough for older players. You (as well as others) fully support multiple characters from this game when it comes to smash.
It doesn't make sense

Yes SMRPG had a story line but (back to the top) doctor mario didn't yet you support him. Help me understand your logic.........if any.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I already said this, Doc Mario had a game, Waluigi didn't. Geno has a background story, Waluigi doesn't. Geno is original, Waluigi isn't.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
You missed the point of my last post.
First, I am asking if you support characters that are in games even if they were not controllable (Doc) or actually "involved" in the game. He really didn't do a thing outside of appear on the cover.

Second, I was asking why mario kart, sports, and party games are all being considered irrelevant when the rpg is consider almost holy.

I don't have a problem with doc(he is one of my secondaries) or geno.
My overall question is how can you support these two and still hate on waluigi. If you would admit that you just don't like him and that you are just making up excuses (even if they apply to other charcaters) I would be satisfied. Other than that, it's hard to follow your logic.

Read this completely before you respond.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Marshigio said:
Geno has a background story, Waluigi doesn't.
But I don't remember Luigi having a background story.
Geno is original, Waluigi isn't.
Luigi was created so TWO people can play Mario Bros., so he started as a filler character, like Waluigi. Do all Brawl characters need a game, backstory and has to be original?

GenG

Smash Lord
You said.

BIRDMAN22 said:
Although I agree that his background has been very limited in terms of genereal knowwledge I still believe that he should be included into brawl. Nothing was known about Roy before his inclusion in melee but he was added none-the-less. He's a trouble maker, he has an unknown hatred towards luigi,a crush on daisy(I think), and he has a good relationship with wario.
Then I said.

GenG said:
Fire Emblem characters have a definite role in the world where the games take place, with almost a one-shot and closed story, unlike Mario character that are more iconic and have recurring appareances. And, Roy's Fire Emblem story was written way before Melee, and way before GC, since Maiden of the Dark (renamed to Sword of Seals) was intended to be a 64DD title before they stopped the development and restarted it for the GBA in 2001 for a 2002 release.
I said this to make clear that we knew about Roy and a game that was planned for N64 and announced around mid-2001 to be launched on GBA. Many magazines published a quick summary of this game, Roy's role and personality. We knew about Roy.

BIRDMAN22 said:
How does this counter my prevous arguement. You're telling because roy had a game that was stopped and restarted that's the justification for him being in melee. That's great, so your also saying that as long as nintendo is developing a game for a character that they are allowed to be in smash bros even if they will only be in one game. Waluigi has been in various games even if they are just "party" games. Plus not one person has yet to prove that nintendo will not make a game for him. His role in the mario universe gives potential for more storylines for himself as well as luigi. There might be a game or storyline coming out that features waluigi, which would give him all rights to be in brawl.
No, I'm saying that we knew about Roy before SSBM release. And you can't compare FE characters with Mario ones because FE characters have a special world setup that isn't recurring. They change characters, countries and story, so these characters may only appear in one single game, but that's what makes them special.
6 years have passed since Waluigi appeared in Mario Tennis 64, yet he is the same filler character. Wario appeared in Mario Land 2 in 1992, and starred Wario Land the next year. While Wario has been growing during these recently years, Waluigi has been starring the same games as a Wario relative and a pairing for Wario in the same multiplayer games. If Waluigi were so important for the Mario universe as you say, he would have a game already, but he doesn't. So why? Because Nintendo doesn't know if a Waluigi game would work, and they are making a Tingle game.

BIRDMAN22 said:
To everyone saying that he has no personality, we know more about his personality than that of either mario or luigi. Please stop using that as an excuse.
Not, we don't. Luigi has a better personality than Waluigi as you play Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario games. But Mario characters aren't for personality, they are nostalgia and story. And, again, Waluigi doesn't have any.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Red_Maniac said:
But I don't remember Luigi having a background story.

Luigi was created so TWO people can play Mario Bros., so he started as a filler character, like Waluigi. Do all Brawl characters need a game, backstory and has to be original?
You don't remember Luigi having a background story? As GenG pointed out, Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario show Luigi's personality and story.

Yes, he was originally a filler character, but eventually did get a story. Waluigi has yet to get a story.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Red_Maniac said:
Do all Brawl characters need a game, backstory and has to be original?
They don't need their own game; they just need to be important game characters and have a good fanbase.

Waluigi has none of that. Even Daisy had a role in a game or two.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Hey GENG
Not going to quote your whole post....to lazy.
1)Waluigi has been around, as you said, 6 years. That dosen't mean nintendo won't make a game for him. It doesn't even mean they don't have plans for him. Case in point, luigi started in (I think) 1989 and how long did it take before he got his own game. So what if wario got his the next year, some characters appear to tak longer than others.

2) No one has explained to me why nintendo's version of a racing game or sports game gets no respect yet their version of an rpg gets heavenly praise by it's fanboys. (read my post at the top of this page and the post before it)

3) Waluigi is the only character (again I think) that is exclusive to nintendo's four player games or "party games". So far he has represented games that are meant to be played in numbers competitively. Games that are not meant to be single player games. That sounds like smash to me.

4) Even if he was made to only play in these 'party" games, what's wrong with him representing them. Outside of peach's forwar smash attack, they are not represented at all and they have more games than the star fox franchise, and the donkey kong, the yoshi, fire emblem, ice-climbers, wario, and metal gear games. (not combined) Since everyone puts the mario party, sports, and racing games aunder one umbrella their total ends up being over 15 games. 15+ games that have mad nintendo a considerable amount of money. Why shouldn't they be represented properly as opposed to just one smash attack.

NukeA6

Smash Master
BIRDMAN22 said:
Hey GENG
Not going to quote your whole post....to lazy.
1)Waluigi has been around, as you said, 6 years. That dosen't mean nintendo won't make a game for him. It doesn't even mean they don't have plans for him. Case in point, luigi started in (I think) 1989 and how long did it take before he got his own game. So what if wario got his the next year, some characters appear to tak longer than others.

2) No one has explained to me why nintendo's version of a racing game or sports game gets no respect yet their version of an rpg gets heavenly praise by it's fanboys. (read my post at the top of this page and the post before it)

3) Waluigi is the only character (again I think) that is exclusive to nintendo's four player games or "party games". So far he has represented games that are meant to be played in numbers competitively. Games that are not meant to be single player games. That sounds like smash to me.

4) Even if he was made to only play in these 'party" games, what's wrong with him representing them. Outside of peach's forwar smash attack, they are not represented at all and they have more games than the star fox franchise, and the donkey kong, the yoshi, fire emblem, ice-climbers, wario, and metal gear games. (not combined) Since everyone puts the mario party, sports, and racing games aunder one umbrella their total ends up being over 15 games. 15+ games that have mad nintendo a considerable amount of money. Why shouldn't they be represented properly as opposed to just one smash attack.
You do know the Mario series is meant to be a side-scroller/platformer, right? The Mario Party and Sport games are spin-off titles (you know like Megaman soccer and Sonic pinball are to their series?).

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
NukeA6 said:
You do know the Mario series is meant to be a side-scroller/platformer, right? The Mario Party and Sport games are spin-off titles (you know like Megaman soccer and Sonic pinball are to their series?).
Yes they were sidescrollers until the 64 when the became 3D, not the point. I said nothing about them not being spinoffs. I said that in point # 3. I recognize that they are spin-offs, sorry I used the term four player games or "party games". I thought it would be picked up on. My point is that these games have made nintendo a lot of money and should be represented.

I expect random flamming for this but smash bros fits the bill as a party game. It was made so many people can sit down together and competitively play against each other and have fun while doing this. Whether you are playing soccer, tennis, driving a go cart, or knocking someone at122% of the castle to there doom thses games were created for the same reason and that's so multiple people can have fun playing nintendo together. (kinda mushy)
This would hurt a few arguements (and feelings) so go ahead and flame, but if think about it's true.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I'm not hurt by that, and I'm not flaming you either, I'm disagreeing with you.

Party games ARE represented, seeing as how 5 characters from those party games are already in Melee. Mario alone represents everything with the name "Mario" included in the title, including his party games.

NukeA6

Smash Master
BIRDMAN22 said:
Yes they were sidescrollers until the 64 when the became 3D, not the point. I said nothing about them not being spinoffs. I said that in point # 3. I recognize that they are spin-offs, sorry I used the term four player games or "party games". I thought it would be picked up on. My point is that these games have made nintendo a lot of money and should be represented.

I expect random flamming for this but smash bros fits the bill as a party game. It was made so many people can sit down together and competitively play against each other and have fun while doing this. Whether you are playing soccer, tennis, driving a go cart, or knocking someone at122% of the castle to there doom thses games were created for the same reason and that's so multiple people can have fun playing nintendo together. (kinda mushy)
This would hurt a few arguements (and feelings) so go ahead and flame, but if think about it's true.
Smash Bros is a spin-off game but the characters didn't come from those type of games.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
To marshigio
Only one move represents the party games. All others represent the individual games that those characters are from. All of marios B moves can me seen in the super mario world games and other games he starred in with the exception of the tornado(not sure where that came from). Not one character solely represents these "party" games. The all rep the games in there specific "world". Example wario is repping his games. The design doesn't scream mario land 3. It says wario ware.

To nuke
In terms of spin-offs it's still the same just a larger spectrum. The party games are all mario characters. Smash goes one step further and pulls from the entire nintendo arsenal. Still the same concept.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi a D ick dastardly rip off, EVEN BETTER! I loved **** Dasterdly when i was little and loved that Waluigi looks sorta like him :D

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
How dare you insult one of the greatest stereotypical Villains of all time!?! Why would looking like D. Dastardly be a deterent for entering Brawl?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay now you guys keep on covering Mario Party games, BUT how about you all give reasons Waluigi should be in Brawl. It doesnt matter how good your reasons are, I still think of Waluigi as an onoriginal filler character only good for Mario Party.

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
Wario is fine, but Waluigi is definetley a FILLER character. Nobody really likes fillers-besides, how many Mario related characters can we have? I love Mario and the series, but they already have the majority of characters in Melee-I say steer away from that in Brawl.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong said:
Okay now you guys keep on covering Mario Party games, BUT how about you all give reasons Waluigi should be in Brawl. It doesnt matter how good your reasons are, I still think of Waluigi as an onoriginal filler character only good for Mario Party.
The filler comment I won't touch because I'm still surprised that it's being used as an arguement. In terms of unoriginal, so are luigi and wario. They both come from the same character mold, which is mario (luigi even has the same career). Yes, yes, yes. I know what you want to say, "they have their own games" or "they aren't in just party games." Still doesn't change the fact that their originality is just as low. Who cares about originality anyway. Within this entire forum people want to see generic turtle enemies, pinnochio's cousin, the marshmallow man's little brother, black mages, a potential fox clone, and many other characters that are not original.

Many reason have been given for his inclusion. Read the last couple pages if you want to know what they are. Those of us that are pro waluigi have given good reasons (at least in the last 10 pages) to support his addition. The haters have mainly given stuff like this
xianfeng said:
Waluigi is just a **** Dastardly rip off why would we want that in Brawl?
This IS NOT a real arguement.

EDIT: Here is another example of the "good reason" haters keep saying
Rebel said:
Wario is fine, but Waluigi is definetley a FILLER character. Nobody really likes fillers-besides, how many Mario related characters can we have? I love Mario and the series, but they already have the majority of characters in Melee-I say steer away from that in Brawl.
Nobody likes fillers? People love fillers. Walk through time with me a see some of the popular fillers. Luigi, who made player 2 look different, was popular. Falco, who was there to let it be known that fox wasn't the best pilot, was popular. Daisy, peaches clone, is growing popular. Wolf O'donnel, looks alot like fox doesn't he, is growing popular. Now lets look at the smash bros universe.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and yes, I'm being technical) but all the last minute additions to melee were just fillers. Most of the clones were put in just to add more characters at the last minute. Doc, Falco, Y.link, and Pichu all have a fanbase in melee. Even though, as of right now, they were just fillers.

Also, even if it isn't waluigi, the mario franchise will add more characters to brawl. The are the largest and will be represented as such. Especially since mario reps. nintendo

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
So you choose to completely ignore the filler comment? The basis for Luigi and Wario were originally unoriginal, but they have now gotten their own games and personalities. This IS a valid reason.

What has Waluigi done to credit his inclusion in Brawl, appear in party games? That's a pathetic reason, because the game is named after MARIO not Waluigi.

Mario party games are the equilvalent of Wario Ware games, both serve as Nintendo's main party franchises. We should be adding people from Wario Ware, because we already have 6 characters from Mario Party, and only 1 from Wario Ware.

You don't have to have your own game, hell, you don't even have to play a big role, as shown with Falco's inclusion. You have to be unique and/or popular. The only exception are the clones, who are put it in the last minute.

Who would Waluigi be a clone of though?

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
So you choose to completely ignore the filler comment? The basis for Luigi and Wario were originally unoriginal, but they have now gotten their own games and personalities. This IS a valid reason.

What has Waluigi done to credit his inclusion in Brawl, appear in party games? That's a pathetic reason, because the game is named after MARIO not Waluigi.

Mario party games are the equilvalent of Wario Ware games, both serve as Nintendo's main party franchises. We should be adding people from Wario Ware, because we already have 6 characters from Mario Party, and only 1 from Wario Ware.

You don't have to have your own game, hell, you don't even have to play a big role, as shown with Falco's inclusion. You have to be unique and/or popular. The only exception are the clones, who are put it in the last minute.

Who would Waluigi be a clone of though?
I didn't ignore the filler comment, I was editing last post so as not to double post.

Anyway their have been many moveset created here that would save him from being a clone. I'm sure that the developers are more creative than most of us so that's not really an issue.

Yes, they were in mario party but that doesn't mean that the are representing it. Does anybody think yoshi is representing super mario world, or even better, that link is repping soul caliber 2?
You say that you have to be popular to be included. Well since neither you nor I can take a world wide survey this is neither a pro nor con statement. Even with online votes it proves nothing. I personally don't vote in online polls so I don't expect that everyone will.

About the game not being named after him...... please send me a link to Geno's rpg, Starfalco, the legend ganandorf, or a game with ness' name in the title.

P.S. I only took a shot at geno because it's you're avator

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I also said popular, which is what Falco, Ganondorf, and Ness are. I'm not offended by the Geno thing, because everybody does that.

Link isn't repping Soul Caliber 2, because he doesn't play a big role in that game. Yoshi is repping Yoshi's Story, and Yoshi became popular after Super Mario World and his game on the SNES.

However, Mario Party was named after Mario obviously, so he's already repping that franchise. Mario reps everything with the name "Mario" in it, as long as it is Nintendo-related.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I really don't believe that ness was all that popular before smash64 but like I said no one can completely account for all the fans of a character.

Mario's name is in everything because it is the last name of he and luigi. (that's the story the made after SMB1) Case-in-point, mario land 3 starred wario. You couldn't even pick mario. Titles don't mean much in terms of mario because his influence is in every game he is in. How subtle was it to go from Super Mario Bros to Super Smash Bros. Another example of mario's influence within nintendo.

and you're right. Link isn't repping SC2 because he has the same role as everyone else which is just another fighter. In all the "party" games mario plays the exact same role as everyone else which is just another participant.

I personally attribute the fact that his name is in everything to the laziness of the nintendo staff when it comes to game titles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
BIRDMAN22 said:
The filler comment I won't touch because I'm still surprised that it's being used as an arguement. In terms of unoriginal, so are luigi and wario. They both come from the same character mold, which is mario (luigi even has the same career). Yes, yes, yes. I know what you want to say, "they have their own games" or "they aren't in just party games." Still doesn't change the fact that their originality is just as low. Who cares about originality anyway. Within this entire forum people want to see generic turtle enemies, pinnochio's cousin, the marshmallow man's little brother, black mages, a potential fox clone, and many other characters that are not original.
However Luigi is perhaps a filler character, Wario is no way like that. He was created as a boss character which used Mario's own powers against him. Later on because of populairity he gained his first franchice Wario Land, which was basically a Mario game with diffrent elements and gameplay. Later he got his other franchice, WarioWare which is by far on of the most original games ever.

Luigi was made for a filler character... However since the game was called Super Mario BROS, Luigi is no where as much as a filler as Waluigi. Although they almost look the same, Nintendo made Luigi far more diffrent then Mario by giving him a higher jump but lower power (aka SMW 2). He also has a personality which is way diffrent from Mario's. Luigi is more timid and cowardly then his older bro.

And still, filler characters where way more accepted in the 80's and 90's. Then they didn't have these characters as Cloud and other FF characters. People didnt took gaming as seriously as they do now.

Waluigi still remains a unoriginal filler character which didnt stared any mayor role. Even the Wario franchice doesn't do ANYTHING with him making him nothing more then a obscure Mario Party character with nothing special except he can swim in the air... >_<

EDIT: And please just stop defending filler characters, rather gimme GOOD reasons for wh y Waluigi should be in Brawl.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
well i just read nintendo of europe has given some info on how Wario treats Waluigi lol
*the following is from Warios wikipedia, some of this should be added to waluigis though imo*

"From 2001 to 2003, Nintendo of Europe ran a series of articles called "Wario's Warehouse". In these, Wario gave hints, tips and cheats for games, accompanied by a little story. Wario's Warehouse returned on the 11th of July 2006, with hints and cheats for New Super Mario Bros.

The articles have divulged a lot of interesting information about Wario:

* Sends Waluigi on errands to steal new cheats/codes/hints straight from the Nintendo HQ.
* Apparently Wario and Waluigi do hang out with Mario and Luigi - Wario says "Waluigi almost blabbed the whole deal to Mario".
* Apparently puts Waluigi on a rack to make him even taller.
* Has had to endure an infestation of hermit crabs, an infestation of sparrows (Who dropped into his tea out of exhaustion), an infestation of foxes (Solved by setting loose a grizzly bear), and an infestation of marmosets (Solved by Waluigi's singing). Waluigi also took something Wario said the wrong way once, and released 7000 hamsters into the Warehouse. Hamsters invaded again when Waluigi wrongly ordered 5 tons of sunflower seeds.
* A storm once swept through his Warehouse right after Waluigi repainted it, causing all files to be scattered around the streets.
* Likes to stand still and calmly watch special "Waluigi moments" - moments when Waluigi does extremely stupid things.
* Once sent Waluigi out to buy 500,000 dancing Elvis car ornaments. He suspects that in 50 years, they'll make him a millionaire!
* Once wanted a week of peace and quiet. Waluigi bought two cheap travel tickets to a "desert island". It actually turned out to be the island in the middle of the boating lake. The "hotel" was a shed, and was overrun with ducks. He ate duck soup every day to get through the week.
* Ceaselessly tries to make Waluigi more intelligent - usually fails.
* Entered Waluigi in a beauty competition, which turned out to be a dog show.
* Has referred to Waluigi as his brother. Nevertheless, he still regularly beats him up for making stupid mistakes."

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong said:
Luigi was made for a filler character... However since the game was called Super Mario BROS, Luigi is no where as much as a filler as Waluigi. Although they almost look the same, Nintendo made Luigi far more diffrent then Mario by giving him a higher jump but lower power (aka SMW 2). He also has a personality which is way diffrent from Mario's. Luigi is more timid and cowardly then his older bro.
Luigi was made to be mario sidekick. He was given the same occupation, outfit, and general design of mario, which he has always had. The jumping ability that you say was used to distinguish the two didn't even carry on to the next game. You also stated two whole words to defen luigi so I will do the same. Waluigi has a personality thay is different from his brother/cousin wario. Waluigi is dimwitted and mischeivous. To add to it, he is different from wario in the sens that wario is influenced by greed whereas waluigi just seems to be naturally evil.
Diddy Kong said:
And still, filler characters where way more accepted in the 80's and 90's. Then they didn't have these characters as Cloud and other FF characters. People didnt took gaming as seriously as they do now.
Waluigi made his first appearance in the 90's. Which, as you stated, is when filler characters were way more accepted.
Diddy Kong said:
Waluigi still remains a unoriginal filler character which didnt stared any mayor role. Even the Wario franchice doesn't do ANYTHING with him making him nothing more then a obscure Mario Party character with nothing special except he can swim in the air... >_<
Back to the same arguement. I refuse to comment
As far as the wario franchise.....I never played any of them so I honestly don't know. One question though, do mario or luigi do anything in them.

Diddy Kong said:
EDIT: And please just stop defending filler characters, rather gimme GOOD reasons for wh y Waluigi should be in Brawl.
Asking for good reasons if funny because you don't give any. You defended luigi in the first two sections then went on to once again say waluigi is a filler. The only point in your ENTIRE post for him not being included is that he is a filler. This is an over abused arguement and the words themselves are starting to lose meaning

I joined this thread about 10 pages ago. For the most part everytime myself or any of the other supporters give a good reason for this character, a hater just comes along and repeats "he is a filler". There have been maybe two or three good anti-waluigi posts out of the last 40 and yours wasn't one of them.

First, bring something to the table before you start asking of others

EDIT: Still waiting for someone to tell me why marios' soccer, tennis, racing, etc games are non-important but his RPG is.

GenG

Smash Lord
BIRDMAN22 said:
Mario's name is in everything because it is the last name of he and luigi. (that's the story the made after SMB1) Case-in-point, mario land 3 starred wario. You couldn't even pick mario. Titles don't mean much in terms of mario because his influence is in every game he is in.

The game was named Super Mario Land 3 = Wario Land as a transition subtitle, for the old Mario Land gamers and for future games of the franchise being starred by Wario. Then, the sequels were named after Wario: Wario Land 2, Wario Land 3, Wario Land 4...

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
GenG said:

The game was named Super Mario Land 3 = Wario Land as a transition subtitle, for the old Mario Land gamers and for future games of the franchise being starred by Wario. Then, the sequels were named after Wario: Wario Land 2, Wario Land 3, Wario Land 4...
Now you're just nitpicking. Either way to keep the poin intact we will substitute my previous example with the legend of zelda series. link has been the star of them all yet his name was only in one title (to my knowledge). Even then it had a double meaning.

P.S. I will assume that no one will give me a good answer to my ongoing question about the sports and racing games vs. the rpg

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Sports are multiplayer games and don't affect the Mario timeline and what not. RPGs are different from the regular series but still tell a story about the mario bros. and affect the timeline and whatnot or something.

Plus why play Mario Tennis when you can go outside and play tennis.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
^
Well you can play it outside also, but so that doesn't stop you from playing a game of it with your favorite mario characters lol

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The only Mario sport game I own is Mario Kart because it's more fun to actually play the sports and I don't own Mario Party because after Mario Party 1 they got boring.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
BIRDMAN22 said:
Now you're just nitpicking. Either way to keep the poin intact we will substitute my previous example with the legend of zelda series. link has been the star of them all yet his name was only in one title (to my knowledge). Even then it had a double meaning.

P.S. I will assume that no one will give me a good answer to my ongoing question about the sports and racing games vs. the rpg
He wasn't nitpicking, that's the actual name. I'm confused, how does Link's name not being on the cover of his games make Waluigi credible for Brawl? I was using Mario as an example, because Waluigi is from the Mario Universe, NOT the Zelda universe.

The RPGS, side-scrollers, and platformers are the main storyline of the Mario Bros. Why? Because the story focuses on THEM entirely, not a whole bunch of other characters. Xianfeng pretty much summed it up.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
He wasn't nitpicking, that's the actual name. I'm confused, how does Link's name not being on the cover of his games make Waluigi credible for Brawl? I was using Mario as an example, because Waluigi is from the Mario Universe, NOT the Zelda universe.
I brought up the whole link thing as an example because SOMEONE stated that the games waluigi was in weren't named after him.
Marshigio said:
That's a pathetic reason, because the game is named after MARIO not Waluigi.
Moving on
xianfeng said:
Sports are multiplayer games and don't affect the Mario timeline and what not. RPGs are different from the regular series but still tell a story about the mario bros. and affect the timeline and whatnot or something.
Thank you for that. Although I can't see why that's really important. So they took some time out and put away personal differences to play a game of soccer.

Either way were talking about taking a character who, under your definition, is not in any mario timeline and adding him to a game that is not in any mario timeline.

Also, I am somewhat curious, can you actually put all the mario games in order?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No, but the Mario Bros. have actually had storylines about them, they've actually had personalities, which makes them more important.

Waluigi hasn't done either of these things, what makes him important? What makes him more worthy of being in Brawl then the other characters that are being suggested? Absolutely nothing, Waluigi isn't popular, Waluigi doesn't play a big role in the games he appears in, what else is there left to say?

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Personality has nothing to do with a storyline/plot of a game. It is something that describes a character. Mario is heroic and brave, luigi is timid and shy, Wario is greedy and selfish, and Waluigi is dimwitted and mischevious(sp). The personality arguement is something most of you keep linking with having a game which is not the case. The fact is he does have personality. We might not no the full extent of it but oh well. We don't know the full personality of most of the charcters in melee, why do we need to start with him for brawl?

One's personality is not what makes them inportant, their role in the game is what makes them important. I agree that he hasn't had a game with a storyline about him. Neither have most of the characters being suggested in this forum. Most are supporting players that are helping the stars or fighting against them.

And I'm not saying he deserves to be in over another character. I really don't have an order of preference when in comes to new additions. There are just certain characters I would like to see in brawl an he is one of them.

primusfan

Smash Ace
As i've said, I don't care if he's put in or not. It wouldnt bother me either way. But he'll probably end up being in Brawl anyway. Think about it. He's been in every Mario game (excluding the adventure games) since Mario Tennis. Pretty much any Mario game thats multi-player, he's gonna be involved in.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
We've already been through this, I guess I'll just agree to disagree for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom