• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
You lose, ClarkJables. You lose.

Yes, the polls do matter as much as I say they do. I didn't say every character ever requested will be in, but Sakurai isn't going to ignore the most requested characters. Stop being a noob, seriously.
yes, but is sakurai only going to take characters on the poll, i doubt it highly. eventually he's going to have to go away from the polls the get the rest of the characters he needs to fill the 40+ roster. so although the polls show us characters that are most likely getting in, those characters were already most likely getting in, so it doesn't raise or lower their chances at all. if those most requested characters weren't on the poll, they would still be in. so in that light, the polls don't matter as much as you say they do, so why don't you stop being a n00b who regurgitates the same arguements over and over again on a character you don't like who we already know isn't PC in the game. move on already ****...

Wrath`

Smash Master
strkys> grim lizard. grim you suck

I still consider geno 3rd party with a 1st party importiance,but still he is owned by another company= 3rd . and i will stick wit it.

Wrath`

Smash Master
the point of the > thing was that we are just now doing personal attacks on people that do not agree with us. Like grim lizard calling people morons,clark calling people n00bs and strksy calling people **** things. god, xxx-dyce-xxx is the only one who is making snese withought flameing others.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
and i only called grim a n00b because he called me one in response to my arguement, so i thought i would throw it back in his face.

but it feels like we've gone way off topic now, i'll agree with you on that. so lets get back on topic as to whether waluigi gets in or not. i personally doubt waluigi will get in only because more popular characters then him got AT'd, so it would make no sense to put him in over said AT (goroh)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I only called HP a moron. He was the only one, and that's because he is one...and pretty much everyone else agreed to that. Besides, "what was the point of that?" was directed at CJ's rant about other characters getting in besides poll characters.

Waluigi for--
...continuing to stay the heck away from Smash...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
So far the only GOOD reason (in my opinion) on why Waluigi shouldn't be in Brawl is that there are more deserving characters. Of course there are. He's unoriginal. So? It won't affect his chance of getting in Brawl. He has only appeared in spin-offs. Face it. The Mario spin-offs are an important part of the Mario franchise. I mean, sure, the main titles are much, much, much more important, but most of those spin-offs are fun, and they give us something Mario related for us to play until the real titles like Galaxy come out. (Many people won't agree with me on that.) And with all of his numerous appearences, and the fact that he is becoming well-known, he should at least be an Assist Trophy.

Now, some people say that it's ridiculous to compare Waluigi with Mario and Link. The only reasons they are in Smash games is because they are the main characters of very famous and popular series. Are the actual characters popular or just the games? Now other characters like Waluigi and even Geno (yes, I compared Waluigi and Geno! Bwahaha!) are very different. They don't have their pwn games or series. But people are starting to like Waluigi because of how he acts, the crazy, random and idiotic things he does (WTF was with the Rose taunt in MP8?). Now, I want Geno in Brawl even thought I have no idea who the **** he is, but obviously people really like him. Now, I'm not completely sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that him just starring in Super Mario RPG isn't the reason people want him in. I think people like the actual character. But what do I know, I'm just an idiot who never uses common sense. (HE CULD THR0W BOMS OR SOMETHIN!!!!111oneoneonelol)

But he main problem is that people are not thinking what Waluigi could bring to Brawl. In fact, no one thinks about what almost ANY character could bring to Brawl. When people think of Waluigi, people say "Dood! He sux so badly and he's a copy of a copy of a copy!!!1" but they never think what he could be like in Brawl if he was (hypothetically) in Brawl. What could he bring to Brawl? For starters... LOOK AT HIS FREAKING LIMBS! He can grab and hit people from FIVE BILLION FEET AWAY! His moveset? (Not throwing bombs or something) Well, Sakurai and the developers are very creative, and I'm sure that they could create a moveset just from knowing his personality. Like I said, he is mischivous, crazy, wacky, rude, impatient, random, cocky, overconfident, and easily angered. Hey, what about all of his special moves from the Mario spin-offs? Let's see, we have the Sparky Sticker, Pirhana Plants, he can "distort his body into the shape of his logo, dance wildly, and create a tornado which would spin his opponent every which-way," he can SWIM IN THE AIR (how many people can do that?) He has the Liar Ball from MSB where he throws a baseball and an eggplant (Wrecking Crew reference), his Super Strike, the Drop Kick, Wall-Luigi, where he leaves a trail or thorn bushes and can move twice as fast, the Vacuum Orb, he could use boxing gloves for an attack as a reference to his appearence in Game & Watch Gallery 4 (OMFG! A non Mario spin-off title Waluigi appeared in!), and for his taunt, he could either do that weird rose thing or everyone's favorite Super Mario Strikers taunt... THE CROTCH CHOP.

Now, you should at least consider that it is possible for him to be a PC. ANd to the grim lizard, about your brother liking Waluigi but not think that he should be a PC... that's okay. In fact, I doubt he'll be playable, and he probably won't be, but it is a possibility and something i would like to see.

^ None of that made you think? Well, maybe this will remove at least an ounce of hatred from you guys:

WALUIGI: A HISTORY OF ININSIGNIFIGANCE

The Mario series was definately becoming one of the most popular video game series ever. It all started even before Waluigi existed, with a game called "Wrecking Crew." The antagonist was "Foreman Spike." Many people say that Wario was designed after him, but wait!

He's wearing purple, like Waluigi! He even has his nose! And didn't Waluigi have a kart like that? Coincidence? I think NOT! Anyway, the first Mario Tennis game was released for the Virtual Boy, and because the Virtual Boy failed, no one really cared about it. Why am I talking about this? I have no ****ing idea. But there wouldn't be a Mario tennis game until 2000 for the Nintendo 64. "Who?" said some random guy from Camelot. "Who will be Wario's double partner?" "I know!" someone said. "Let's overuse the formula used to create Wario and create the most original character EVER!" And so, Waluigi was spawned, and a Waluigi fan site had ALREADY been created!

http://waluigi.tripod.com/
Unfortunately, it was never updated ever again, but still... Anyway, Mario Tennis for the N64 and the Game Boy Color came out, and Waluigi already received controversy, along with his brother- partner- whatever and were accused of being Nazis. Those people are currently under medical attention. His second appearence was in May of 2001 in Mario Party 3, where he had his first role as a villain. What would he do? Burn down the rainforest? Cause global warming? Take over the world? No! It was better than that! He stole a stamp! And he took it on his island! (Does Mario, Luigi and Wario have islands? I think NOT!) Then he began appearing in all of these spin-offs, including as a trophy for Melee. Then, he began appearing with Wario as the stars of the "Mario Power Tennis" and "Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour" opening videos, which portrayed him as Wario's idiotic brother/partner/lackey who makes random comments.

Waluigi (at Bowser): He walks funny...
Wario: Oh, shut up!"
Waluigi also appeared in a series of articles in Nintendo of Europe's site called "Wario's Warehouse."

• Wario sends Waluigi on errands to steal new cheats/codes/hints straight from the Nintendo HQ.
• Apparently Wario and Waluigi do hang out with Mario and Luigi - Wario says "Waluigi almost blabbed the whole deal to Mario".
• Apparently puts Waluigi on a rack to make him even taller.
• Wario has had to endure an infestation of hermit crabs, an infestation of sparrows (Who dropped into his tea out of exhaustion), an infestation of foxes (Solved by setting loose a grizzly bear), and an infestation of marmosets (Solved by Waluigi's singing). Waluigi also took something Wario said the wrong way once, and released 7000 hamsters into the Warehouse. Hamsters invaded again when Waluigi wrongly ordered 5 tons of sunflower seeds.
• A storm once swept through his Warehouse right after Waluigi repainted it, causing all files to be scattered around the streets.
• Wario likes to stand still and calmly watch special "Waluigi moments" - moments when Waluigi does extremely stupid things.
• Wario once wanted a week of peace and quiet. Waluigi bought two cheap travel tickets to a "desert island". It actually turned out to be the island in the middle of the boating lake. The "hotel" was a shed, and was overrun with ducks. He ate duck soup every day to get through the week.
• Wario ceaselessly tries to make Waluigi more intelligent and usually fails.
• Wario entered Waluigi in a beauty competition, which turned out to be a dog show.
• Wario has referred to Waluigi as his brother. Nevertheless, he still regularly beats him up for making stupid mistakes.
And then came Super Mario Strikers, where you can punch your favorite Mushroom Kindgom characters and knock them into an electric fence, and of course, look at this all day:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/7/77/Peach_SoccerOutfit.jpg
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/f/fc/SMSArt.PNG

People used to think that Waluigi was a lifeless... thing, but:
Waluigi showed of his soccer skills in Super Mario Strikers, where he proved to be a very crude opponent. He made a very controversial gesture which is seen as similar to the "crotch chop". While some were a bit startled by Waluigi's behavior, this actually increased his popularity to other players. Waluigi's egotistical attitude was also brought out into the forefront of his character in this game.
That's right! Doing inappropriate things in Rated E games will make you more popular! (Other game developers should do that. >_>)

And a Waluigi-like character appeared in WarioWare: Smooth Moves:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:WaluigisAndWarios.jpg

Waluigi continued being the rude and random character he is, and is becoming a popular Mario character. Who knows? Maybe he'll star in a game one day... (Waluigi's Taco Stand)
(NOTE: Anyone who thinks that WL:AHoI was meant to be taken seriously... I pity you.)

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
yes, but is sakurai only going to take characters on the poll, i doubt it highly. eventually he's going to have to go away from the polls the get the rest of the characters he needs to fill the 40+ roster. so although the polls show us characters that are most likely getting in, those characters were already most likely getting in, so it doesn't raise or lower their chances at all. if those most requested characters weren't on the poll, they would still be in. so in that light, the polls don't matter as much as you say they do, so why don't you stop being a n00b who regurgitates the same arguements over and over again on a character you don't like who we already know isn't PC in the game. move on already ****...
Then why the hell sakurai made the poll then?!?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
because its easier then trolling all of the smash message boards in existance to see what the most popular brawl candidates are

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Just out of curiousity, did anyone read my post at the bottom of the previous page? I just want everyone to stop fighting..

Why can't we all be friends? Let's not let a tall, purple guy with a big nose get in our way.

Del Money

Smash Champion
damm Del mother****ing Money missed a mother****ing flame war. **** son
I don't like him. He definitely doesn't pwn..
QFT. hahaha
links uncle was on the polls, so do they really matter as much as you say they do, i don't think so.
they only matter for the blatant winners Dedede, Ridley, Diddy for instance (and was Sonic #1 on that poll out of the 3rd parties? i honestly never saw the poll except for that ******** thread that skipped like 60% of the most significant characters)
yes, but is sakurai only going to take characters on the poll, i doubt it highly. eventually he's going to have to go away from the polls the get the rest of the characters he needs to fill the 40+ roster.
well sorry Jables but you lose here. the roster is gonna be 40 at the max according to some article in IGN...no more than 40
strkys> grim lizard. grim you suck
ooo...dem fighting wordzz
I still consider geno 3rd party with a 1st party importiance,but still he is owned by another company= 3rd . and i will stick wit it.
i too dont want Geno over megaman and find it hard to believe that a 2-game wonder is considered more desired than a well-known video game icon thats been rocking out since 1987. i dont hate Geno and have never played Mario RPG but seriouosly, thats ****ing fanboyism at its worst
Wow wait when was the last time I caleld someone ****, I only call people *******, and thats it...
apparently Stryks, you need to upgrade your vocabulary to the rated R level...lol jk

but seriously guys...wanna hear a joke???

WALUIGI FOR BRAWL HAHAHAHAHHA

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
So far the only GOOD reason (in my opinion) on why Waluigi shouldn't be in Brawl is that there are more deserving characters. Of course there are. He's unoriginal. So? It won't affect his chance of getting in Brawl. He has only appeared in spin-offs. Face it. The Mario spin-offs are an important part of the Mario franchise. I mean, sure, the main titles are much, much, much more important, but most of those spin-offs are fun, and they give us something Mario related for us to play until the real titles like Galaxy come out. (Many people won't agree with me on that.) And with all of his numerous appearences, and the fact that he is becoming well-known, he should at least be an Assist Trophy.

Now, some people say that it's ridiculous to compare Waluigi with Mario and Link. The only reasons they are in Smash games is because they are the main characters of very famous and popular series. Are the actual characters popular or just the games? Now other characters like Waluigi and even Geno (yes, I compared Waluigi and Geno! Bwahaha!) are very different. They don't have their pwn games or series. But people are starting to like Waluigi because of how he acts, the crazy, random and idiotic things he does (WTF was with the Rose taunt in MP8?). Now, I want Geno in Brawl even thought I have no idea who the **** he is, but obviously people really like him. Now, I'm not completely sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that him just starring in Super Mario RPG isn't the reason people want him in. I think people like the actual character. But what do I know, I'm just an idiot who never uses common sense. (HE CULD THR0W BOMS OR SOMETHIN!!!!111oneoneonelol)

But he main problem is that people are not thinking what Waluigi could bring to Brawl. In fact, no one thinks about what almost ANY character could bring to Brawl. When people think of Waluigi, people say "Dood! He sux so badly and he's a copy of a copy of a copy!!!1" but they never think what he could be like in Brawl if he was (hypothetically) in Brawl. What could he bring to Brawl? For starters... LOOK AT HIS FREAKING LIMBS! He can grab and hit people from FIVE BILLION FEET AWAY! His moveset? (Not throwing bombs or something) Well, Sakurai and the developers are very creative, and I'm sure that they could create a moveset just from knowing his personality. Like I said, he is mischivous, crazy, wacky, rude, impatient, random, cocky, overconfident, and easily angered. Hey, what about all of his special moves from the Mario spin-offs? Let's see, we have the Sparky Sticker, Pirhana Plants, he can "distort his body into the shape of his logo, dance wildly, and create a tornado which would spin his opponent every which-way," he can SWIM IN THE AIR (how many people can do that?) He has the Liar Ball from MSB where he throws a baseball and an eggplant (Wrecking Crew reference), his Super Strike, the Drop Kick, Wall-Luigi, where he leaves a trail or thorn bushes and can move twice as fast, the Vacuum Orb, he could use boxing gloves for an attack as a reference to his appearence in Game & Watch Gallery 4 (OMFG! A non Mario spin-off title Waluigi appeared in!), and for his taunt, he could either do that weird rose thing or everyone's favorite Super Mario Strikers taunt... THE CROTCH CHOP.

Now, you should at least consider that it is possible for him to be a PC. ANd to the grim lizard, about your brother liking Waluigi but not think that he should be a PC... that's okay. In fact, I doubt he'll be playable, and he probably won't be, but it is a possibility and something i would like to see.

^ None of that made you think? Well, maybe this will remove at least an ounce of hatred from you guys:

WALUIGI: A HISTORY OF ININSIGNIFIGANCE

The Mario series was definately becoming one of the most popular video game series ever. It all started even before Waluigi existed, with a game called "Wrecking Crew." The antagonist was "Foreman Spike." Many people say that Wario was designed after him, but wait!

He's wearing purple, like Waluigi! He even has his nose! And didn't Waluigi have a kart like that? Coincidence? I think NOT! Anyway, the first Mario Tennis game was released for the Virtual Boy, and because the Virtual Boy failed, no one really cared about it. Why am I talking about this? I have no ****ing idea. But there wouldn't be a Mario tennis game until 2000 for the Nintendo 64. "Who?" said some random guy from Camelot. "Who will be Wario's double partner?" "I know!" someone said. "Let's overuse the formula used to create Wario and create the most original character EVER!" And so, Waluigi was spawned, and a Waluigi fan site had ALREADY been created!

http://waluigi.tripod.com/
Unfortunately, it was never updated ever again, but still... Anyway, Mario Tennis for the N64 and the Game Boy Color came out, and Waluigi already received controversy, along with his brother- partner- whatever and were accused of being Nazis. Those people are currently under medical attention. His second appearence was in May of 2001 in Mario Party 3, where he had his first role as a villain. What would he do? Burn down the rainforest? Cause global warming? Take over the world? No! It was better than that! He stole a stamp! And he took it on his island! (Does Mario, Luigi and Wario have islands? I think NOT!) Then he began appearing in all of these spin-offs, including as a trophy for Melee. Then, he began appearing with Wario as the stars of the "Mario Power Tennis" and "Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour" opening videos, which portrayed him as Wario's idiotic brother/partner/lackey who makes random comments.

Waluigi also appeared in a series of articles in Nintendo of Europe's site called "Wario's Warehouse."

And then came Super Mario Strikers, where you can punch your favorite Mushroom Kindgom characters and knock them into an electric fence, and of course, look at this all day:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/7/77/Peach_SoccerOutfit.jpg
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/f/fc/SMSArt.PNG

People used to think that Waluigi was a lifeless... thing, but:

That's right! Doing inappropriate things in Rated E games will make you more popular! (Other game developers should do that. >_>)

And a Waluigi-like character appeared in WarioWare: Smooth Moves:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:WaluigisAndWarios.jpg

Waluigi continued being the rude and random character he is, and is becoming a popular Mario character. Who knows? Maybe he'll star in a game one day... (Waluigi's Taco Stand)
(NOTE: Anyone who thinks that WL:AHoI was meant to be taken seriously... I pity you.)

LOL

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i don't remember him saying at max 40 characters. i do remember him saying that he wasn't going to do 60 and that he would try for around 40, but i don't remember him saying exactly 40

i could go for a taco right now

the grim lizard

Smash Master
i don't remember him saying at max 40 characters. i do remember him saying that he wasn't going to do 60 and that he would try for around 40, but i don't remember him saying exactly 40
He said that his team would try to do there best and get in as many as possible, and that would be the number. There was no magic number of how many would be in, but I think he said no more than 50.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think 45 is a little much, even for sakurai to do. mainly because we could wind up with 5 clone characters this time round. i would be perfectly satisified with 42, afterall it is the answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe, and everything

and wow, i thought i was the only one who thought del money was talking out his rectum with that exactly 40 characters comment

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This was an edit...how did it become a new post??

Anyway...I don't mind clones. Clones like Falco, Dorf, and Y.Link were different enough for me to be OK with it.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
This was an edit...how did it become a new post??

Anyway...I don't mind clones. Clones like Falco, Dorf, and Y.Link were different enough for me to be OK with it.
i originally posted it because i was pretty sure that it was a bullcrap comment, but i wasn't a hundred percent sure so i didn't want to get flamed for getting a smash fact wrong

Del Money

Smash Champion
i thought he said no more than 40.

@Red_Maniac
you should probably read rather than snipping out stuff that, unlike most of your posts, actually holds water.

Waluigi's only chance for brawl seems to be the whole Wario's sidekick theory which isnt really all that stable considering Waluigi hasnt started playing significant roles until recently (and those roles still arent all that significant since theyre mostly Mario spinoff games)

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophy - Waluigi
Does one of two things: comes out with a basketball in his hands going into a extremely fast spin, hurting those that touch him. The basketball starts to set ablaze, and Waluigi lets go launching the b-ball across the stage in a fiery frenzy. Waluigi could also show up with a tennis racket, rapidly hitting tennis balls at one player, no matter where they move. Once the balls hit, they do not disappear imediately and can be picked up and thrown at incredible speeds.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Well, I think he has a shot. Not a big chance, but it is possible. And yeah, I'd like to see him in Brawl at LEAST as an AT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom