• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^Well Nintendo once every blue moon puts a completely and utter random character on Smash Bros games in general. For example...

On Smash 64: Ness and C Falcon caught me completely off guard when they were added.

On Melee: Nintendo does it again by adding characters like Roy and Game & Watch. Again, totally unexpected.

Perhaps Nintendo will add yet another random character on Brawl, but I doubt it will be Waluigi. No no no.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Here's how I put it, without putting in the thing about "other" characters

The Mario series in the top series in Brawl, having the most rep, they'll most likely either make Doc a Alternate to Mario or remove him, leaving room for 2 or 3 new Mario characters, and also, the Mario series would also get a very good amount of assist people being the top series represented, and with all that, that is why I see Waluigi at least being a Assist Trophy in this game

the grim lizard

Smash Master
^^Well Nintendo once every blue moon puts a completely and utter random character on Smash Bros games in general. For example...

On Smash 64: Ness and C Falcon caught me completely off guard when they were added.

On Melee: Nintendo does it again by adding characters like Roy and Game & Watch. Again, totally unexpected.

Perhaps Nintendo will add yet another random character on Brawl, but I doubt it will be Waluigi. No no no.
Those examples are completely different. There are plenty of people who didn't know who Samus or Link were either before Smash64. But, Ness and C. Falcon repped, I repeat represented their series. Waluigi in no way reps the Mario series. G&W was Nintendo's first character ever. Roy was part of an extra padding (due to lack of time) to both give support for a Japanese fave Fire Emblem and to promo his upcoming game.

The only only only only way Waluigi would possibly get in would be if he had his own upcoming game soon. This will not be the case; so he won't be playable. Please refrain comparing Waluigi to characters who outclass him in every way.

The Mario series in the top series in Brawl, having the most rep, they'll most likely either make Doc a Alternate to Mario or remove him, leaving room for 2 or 3 new Mario characters, and also, the Mario series would also get a very good amount of assist people being the top series represented, and with all that, that is why I see Waluigi at least being a Assist Trophy in this game
Correction: He will be an assist trophy at most. There are plenty of better and more important reps for the Mario series. Case in point: Hammer Bros. Boos, Peaty Piranha, Koopas/Paratroopas, any of the Kooplings, etc. etc . have all made more platform appearances and are more important to the Mario series in general than Waluigi.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
1. Can we get a poll going to see how many are pro Waluigi and how many are anti-Waluigi?
2.Adding Waluigi is almost the same as adding Birdo (but some people thinks thats a good idea)
3.I think at least one bad character idea in Brawl is going to happen, that is Waluigi's window.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Birdo as an assist would be good though, because she can shoot eggs at you like she did in melee, only she'd be 3D now lol

Vali

Smash Ace
You know if we stopped posting about how much Waluigi sucks, this thread would slowly slip down the pages and die in a withered, pathetic heap. It'd end up in <where dead threads go when they die> before long.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I mean Waluigi in brawl = bad BAD idea, but I like flaming and proving the pro waluigis wrong, besides they STILL havent given any excuse or anything for in favor of waluigi just well u know throw bombs or something...

Wrath`

Smash Master
i'd rather this die then have waluigi hater hate on it.

TO ALL PRO WALUIGI'ISTS DO NOT POST HERE,YOU WILL HAVE TOTAL *** HOLES FLAME YOU.LET THE THREAD IDE TO PROVE THAT WE DO NOT TAKE CRAP FROM PEEPS LIKE THESES

DIE GENO DIE!!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why geno?? He has one of the best shots gettin in brawl, even being 3rd party, hes a marioverse character, and sakurai being the wise man he is I highly doubt he'll consider him 3rd party, when characters like megaman, sonic, and snake dotn belong to a universe of the existing 1st party franchises, geno on the other hand does...

and hes freaking popular, he IS in the top 5 after all, and besides whats not unique about a magic using wodden doll?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
lol...this is getting hilarious, now. Btw, guys, twok is like a jr. high kid...no wonder he likes Waluigi so much.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Kind of explains why he can't type either...

And yes, we anti-Waluig-ers are going to flame you, but that's only if you don't say anything INTELLIGENT. We've been getting flamed by pro-Waluig-ers for just as long as we've been flaming you.

(But we have been flaming you the most TWoK because... well y'know... because you havn't said anything yet that wasn't next to retarted.)

Don't like getting flamed? Don't put your mouth where the fire is baby! Hoo boy! I'm *****' HAWT!!!

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i just saw the mention of geno and i just have to say i dont like his chances. Ive been reading around and have heard that he is third party and there have been very little talks with the folks that own him. Plus i dont think they would use one of the supposed 3 3rd party spots, when there are more deserving characters.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yes Geno is from a 3rd Party company (SquareEnix).

HOWEVER, you need to take into account that even though he was developed by a 3rd Party and is still owned by said 3rd Party, he's still a Mario character. Mario is 1st Party (duh) and since Geno will most likely ONLY appear in Mario games, he's more of a 2nd Party character. I could see Geno taking a spot in Brawl without interfering with any other 3rd Party character's chances.

Makes sense... no?

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i guess you could say he has some hope, after all he did have a cameo in mario and luigi. But i think that the smash team would have to work really hard to get square enix to hand over his rights. I think there efforts would be better spent getting more well known 3rd party characters like sonic, or even mega-man. You see what i mean?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Brawl has been in development for how long? Over two years I believe. I think that's plenty of time to get what they need from who they need. And if it would be such a hard thing to do to get Geno's rights for this game, then how did they get him so easily for Mario and Luigi? I only assume they had an easy time because they didn't even give him a big part, they only put him in as a cameo to explain a minigame. But I think that ultimately: A) Geno will be in the final cut; B) He won't take room up for other 3rd Party characters.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I serve... a higher authority...

Anyways lets keep this on topic and about Waluigi 100% chance of getting into brawl (If you add 100% onto his chances of course).

The only (Sane) reason you lot have for Waluigi is... he could throw bombs... or something (Only sane... not good).

These people are basically supplying you with flamethrowers with their posts! (Metaphorically speaking).

SonicMario

Smash Master
The only thing that would make Waluigi only a TEENIE bit more better if he had his Mario Strikers Charged armor. And for an original moveset, use sports moves. (Unless Miis happen to slip into the game)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*In waluigi idiot mode* Yhea thats a great idea because in some of the party game's he has starred in there is fire somewhere so a flame thrower is perfect! he is defiantly in brawl today!!!

*Kills self*

Wrath`

Smash Master
Why geno?? He has one of the best shots gettin in brawl, even being 3rd party, hes a marioverse character, and sakurai being the wise man he is I highly doubt he'll consider him 3rd party, when characters like megaman, sonic, and snake dotn belong to a universe of the existing 1st party franchises, geno on the other hand does...

and hes freaking popular, he IS in the top 5 after all, and besides whats not unique about a magic using wodden doll?
Why Geno you ask? well if there is only going to be 2-3 3rd parties like mentioned,that leaves 1. snake(confermed) 2.sonic(most likely in) 3. Megaman?(mabey)

and if there is only two spots,well this lowers geno's chance by a lot.

but strkys would you rather have sonic or geno?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wow, twok, you just lost a lot of credibility. Geno tied Diddy Kong and Ridley in popularity for Sakurai's polls...

Stryks

Smash Hero
TWoK:

Yes Geno is from a 3rd Party company (SquareEnix).

HOWEVER, you need to take into account that even though he was developed by a 3rd Party and is still owned by said 3rd Party, he's still a Mario character. Mario is 1st Party (duh) and since Geno will most likely ONLY appear in Mario games, he's more of a 2nd Party character. I could see Geno taking a spot in Brawl without interfering with any other 3rd Party character's chances.

Makes sense... no?
There u go, makes more sense than waluigi throwing bombs... or something...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Deoxy's was already improbable, what with 4 different forms, and no moveset I saw really implemented them well, so they did the next best thing and placed him in a Pokeball.

But for the record, Geno > Deoxys > Waluigi.
your talking about the man who gave captain falcon, fox, G@W, peach, zelda, and zamus a moveset. i think he can give anyone a moveset if he wanted to, so that doesn't make deoxys improbable, just more unique.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
popularity? lets take a look at deoxeys
Deoxys wasn't on the polls. Or, at least, he wasn't' mentioned multiple times. And it's no wonder, he's a boring, ugly pokemon. He wasn't popular...only Pokemon fanboys liked him.

your talking about the man who gave captain falcon, fox, G@W, peach, zelda, and zamus a moveset. i think he can give anyone a moveset if he wanted to, so that doesn't make deoxys improbable, just more unique.
There's no reason...Deoxys sucks. And stop @#^@#^!@$!@!@ using Falcon or Fox as examples. Their personality types are known...it's not as if it's THAT hard to give a moveset to a bounty hunter/racer and a fighter/star fleet pilot. Zelda has magic...not difficult either. And, G&W is the only character in Smash to ever have his entire moveset taken directly from his games.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ouch grim, that hurt, doexys pwns...
ANYWAY clark ANY character can get a oveset, I made one for zant, megaman, sylux, weavel, dark samus, and so on, skurai is a freaking genious and can make a moveset for anyone... BUT that doesnt mean any character can get in, and a character the lowest role among playable characters in the mario series, I doubt we'll see him any time soon...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Deoxys can shoot hyperbeam or something...

I don't like him. He definitely doesn't pwn. Knuckle Joe>Deoxys...hence why he got 3 attacks.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
links uncle was on the polls, so do they really matter as much as you say they do, i don't think so.

and deoxys is a pokemon, a creature bread to fight, not only that but he is a legendary pokemon also, and not every pokemon can look like a stuffed animal man, i'm sorry. and pretty much every pokemon is liked only by the fanboys except for pikachu because hes the mascot of the series, so that arguement is very null

and why does deoxys suck, because you say so, that makes perfect sense, oh wait no it doesn't that sounds more like you just don't like the character deoxys. well you don't have to worry, hes not PC grim so you can stop bad mouthing him now grim lizard

*edit* and i wasn't saying that just because he could have a moveset means hes in. i was simply stating that the arguement *x character can't get in because he has no moveset" is one of the worst arguement of all time and should only really be used for completely outrageous characters who have never fought in their lives and could never fight even if put in a fighting game, and sometimes not even then

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You lose, ClarkJables. You lose.

Yes, the polls do matter as much as I say they do. I didn't say every character ever requested will be in, but Sakurai isn't going to ignore the most requested characters. Stop being a noob, seriously.

Wow, gg, Clark...you figured out I don't like Deoxys. Not like it wasn't that hard considering...I just...said...it...right...above...you.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude ur not thinking straight, characters that are on th epoll have a better shot being in, but only those that derserve to be PCs, like ridley, megaman, geno, diddy, dedede and so on, while others like the blur virus, chain chomp, and hammer bro, who arent important enough or simply cant be playable, can be ats or items...

'nough said... btw waluigi sux...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom