• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
fawful beats toad, dry bones, waluigi, bowser jr., and ties with geno although it doesn't matter there because geno is third party

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
All right, everyone, listen to this! If Wario is in his WarioWare costume in brawl and not his standard yellow 'n purple, then what the h*** is Waluigi supposed to wear??? Waluigi doesn't have a WarioWare costume, and they can't put him in his normal outfit because it would make him look stupid next to Wario! Unless they come up with some filler story as to where Waluigi was during the events of WarioWare, (I predict that Wario locks him in his bedroom whenever he goes out alone) there is a huge continuity error as to Waluigi's existence!!

Wahahaha! I have brought forth a dire dilemma that will now crush the hopes of Waluigi fans across the world! Wahahahahahhaahhahaahah! Wahaha.
...for the last time...IT'S ONLY HIS APPEARENCE. He has his WarioWare costume. So what? Besides, his classic costume could be another costume. Ooh, they look different! Why does that matter? And it's not like the WarioWare series and the Mario series are two COMPLETELY different continuities or worlds. Why do Wario and Waluigi have to have the same costume? If one person is wearing a different costume and Waluigi is there as Wario's partner with his purple costume, it won't cause a rift that will destroy the entire universe. Waluigi may be a Mario character, but he is still Wario's partner. Wario's outfit has nothing to do with Waluigi.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
None of the arguments stated here are final.

Why? because I doubt any of us are working directly in the production of the game, and don't have any solid ground to base our assumptions.

Chaotix27

Smash Rookie
...for the last time...IT'S ONLY HIS APPEARENCE. He has his WarioWare costume. So what? Besides, his classic costume could be another costume. Ooh, they look different! Why does that matter? And it's not like the WarioWare series and the Mario series are two COMPLETELY different continuities or worlds. Why do Wario and Waluigi have to have the same costume? If one person is wearing a different costume and Waluigi is there as Wario's partner with his purple costume, it won't cause a rift that will destroy the entire universe. Waluigi may be a Mario character, but he is still Wario's partner. Wario's outfit has nothing to do with Waluigi.
Red Maniac, I am sorry that you are immune to the effects of sarcasm. My post truly did shoot down Waluigi for ridiculous reasons, and that's exactly what I intended it to do. It's like a kind of humor, you know, everyone's so passionate about seeing Waluigi into Brawl, and I really couldn't care less. Waluigi might have made a unique character and he might have not, but the fact is that Sakurai's list has already been written, and the chances are against Waluigi being on it.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
no i think that was the poll, the guy is refering to sakurai's list of characters that are in smash and are getting in smash, so noone has seen this list cept for sakurai and his staff

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Red Maniac, I am sorry that you are immune to the effects of sarcasm. My post truly did shoot down Waluigi for ridiculous reasons, and that's exactly what I intended it to do. It's like a kind of humor, you know, everyone's so passionate about seeing Waluigi into Brawl, and I really couldn't care less. Waluigi might have made a unique character and he might have not, but the fact is that Sakurai's list has already been written, and the chances are against Waluigi being on it.
...I hate the internet.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Are we talking about that list that had Bow-Wow the chain chomp and the Blue Virus, ya, that's definitely the final list :dizzy:
Ur comparing minor characters to those that have roles, guys like koopa, blue virus and Chain chomp (who is da man!) would fit in Assists or something, since they cant possibly be characters due to minor roles, but characters like geno, diddy, ridley would be playable, cause they are very popular and have bigger roles...

Wrath`

Smash Master
I does not matter the role big or small, its all about apeasing the majority of fans and have a good diverse cast,playstyle and ect...

I could say one thing, ridly is just a boss. kill me
Geno apered in one game. shoot me

look,does the hate have to continue, you can find fault in all characters. waluigi,no,he has realy not had a mojor role in anything,he is just that filler with little background. so what,who cares?
is he fun to play with? yes. Was he popular enough to come back to other sports games? yes
did he make it to da mario party? yes.
i just say,he has a fan base and a personility. if anything ridley just flys around and attks you,where the personality there? cant we find common ground? Does matter if waluigi is not part of the BIG 8? not realy,if the production staff sees he is liked and they like him themselves,than he has all the pteintial like other characters

Stryks

Smash Hero
Personality of ridley?
Hes the lider of the space pirates, triying to take over the galaxy, and is not only samus rival, but is the killer of samus parents and earth colony, he is quite intelligent and merciless...

Thing is waluigi AINT popular in comparison with geno, toad, bowser jr, hell fawful is more popular, I mean he has fury who can beat that?

The numbers of appearances doesnt count, ganondorf and shiek, roy demonstrate this, a character can have dozens of appearances in games, BUT if he is not a big character in the series, doesnt have a big role and aint popular (Note EVERY character in melee had this, except for the fillers: Roy, pichu, doc and somewhat y.link) then he shouldnt be in it...

He made it in Mario party and the sports games? OMG so did daisy, toad, toadette, Boo, birdo, dry bones, hammer bros and even a blooper! should they be added to?

Theyre ALL fun to play with, what ur point?

So far theres hasnt been ANY reason of WHY waluigi deserves, should and why he could be in brawl, every single character has a fanbase and personality (ridley does and geno too, far more than waluigi) in comparison waluigi fails against other more popular characters, having a bigger role in one game than waluigi has in ALL of his games (Geno) and being a recorruent main character in the series (ridley)...

I DARE u to give me one GOOD reason of WHY waluigi should be in brawl that AINT: OMG WARIO SI IN WAULIGI SHUDE B N 2 CAUES MAIRO N LUGII R N 2!!1!!!one

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
wtf do you mean by hell even fawful is more popular, of course he's more popular. hes more popular then bowser jr. and he ties with toad

Vali

Smash Ace
I does not matter the role big or small, its all about apeasing the majority of fans and have a good diverse cast,playstyle and ect...
It's not about "appeasing the majority of fans", their popularity is only 1 factor that contributes into whether they'll be included or not. When the choices are generally between the Nintendo all-stars and retros, the characters to be picked from won't exactly be largely unpopular.

I could say one thing, ridly is just a boss. kill me
Geno apered in one game. shoot me
I'm sure there's many people that would.

look,does the hate have to continue, you can find fault in all characters. waluigi,no,he has realy not had a mojor role in anything,he is just that filler with little background. so what,who cares?
Erm...me? It's when a characters faults largely outweigh his pros that it becomes an issue, of course there are flaws with every character since nothing is perfect. Waluigi fits into that cons > pros category for the many previously stated reasons.

is he fun to play with? yes.
Actually, I'd say having to listen to his voice alone and put up with his stupid crotch-chops in Strikers makes him considerably less fun to play than the other characters, but that's just me.

Was he popular enough to come back to other sports games? yes
did he make it to da mario party? yes.
Oh wow, they're really going to cut a purely filler character to have to include another filler character. That makes no sense and would've been just a waste of time, since they're expanding the roster of filler characters to the popular generic characters such as Dry Bones in addition to ones such as Boo, Petey and Daisy.

i just say,he has a fan base and a personility.
Every character has a fan base, and every character has a personAlity, even if it is the bare bones of one (Waluigi).

if anything ridley just flys around and attks you,where the personality there? cant we find common ground?
Seriously are you really that ignorant? Ridley is the leader of the Space Pirates and a true rival to Samus, for example killing Samus' parents is a good start. He has shown to be highly intelligent with obvious leadership skills, and being one of if not the main recurring antagonist of the series his ties to the story and signficance to it elevates him more than a boss that simply flies around and attacks you. He's also been shown capable of speech via comics, but it's not really surprising he hasn't talked in the games due to them being devoid of any speech. I'm not really one for defending Ridley though since my Metroid knowledge pales in comparison of Ridley supporters (read: fanatics) such as Caael who I'm sure would just love to show you just how many levels your comparison fails on.

Does matter if waluigi is not part of the BIG 8? not realy,if the production staff sees he is liked and they like him themselves,than he has all the pteintial like other characters
Well, it does considering that he's also competing with Toad who IS part of the Big 8, and your entire argument there is based on the bias of Sora in favour of Waluigi, who really doesn't have as big of a fanbase as you like to think, and not towards any of the other (more deserving) characters that have been submitted to filler roles such as Daisy and Toad.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You fail for being stuborn to try to accept the fact he has a chance, i have this with all peeps who do not say he has a chance.

Styrks, i propose a bet, i waluigi is not a fully playible character in brawl. I will use a sig of your choice,it can be anything. for a month. if you are so sure he is not going to be in,then you should not think twice about this.

he will be in,i know it

Stryks

Smash Hero
If he aint playable u lose, only and ONLY if hes playable (not by ar or anything) I will lose? Sounds like a good bet

Besides I havent seen aguement of WHY he should be in, stuborn? U say ridley doesnt have personality when vali clearly shows he does, every single thing u have said has failed, and I doubt Ill see anything convincing sooner or later...

Vali

Smash Ace
You fail for being stuborn to try to accept the fact he has a chance, i have this with all peeps who do not say he has a chance.
Of course he has a chance, every character that has been on a Nintendo console and originated from videogames and not things like manga have a chance. Only when the Brawl roster is revealed in it's entirety will we know exactly which of those characters have been included.

However you're flying in the face of pure facts that there are characters with bigger fanbases, canon game appearances and more developed personalities, and the fact that the competition for Mario slot(s) are extremely fierce. There are already 4 Mario characters included (Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser), 5 if you include Yoshi and 6 with Wario. That's a lot of Mario characters that will certainly be in the game and the franchise is unlikely to have more than 5 Mario-specific characters or 7 with Y+W, meaning there'd only be 1 slot for another Mario character.

You're seriously telling me that Waluigi has more chance than Bowser Jr. for example? His paintbrush alone lends itself to a potentially more creative moveset than Waluigi and having played the main antagonist in the 2 most recent canon games, Sunshine + NSMB, he seems like an obvious choice. Toad having been the most important generic race with several iconic Toads such as Kinopio (playable) and Toadsworth (who I despise). Daisy also pretty much ties with Waluigi for filler character, yet has been shown interest from Nintendo in her redesign and still to this day has been in 1 more non-filler game than Waluigi has. From the looks of things the fact that she's potentially another female to add to the roster (who are in shorter supply than villains) is another plus. Fawful, a comic relief villain from the M&L games, would fit the bill perfectly as a fun, WTF character to be included should Sakurai feel the need to include one and his complete randomness has built him a fairly large fanbase.

You said that we fail for being stubborn, yet we've successfully discredited every single one of your arguments and your only comeback is that we're the ones that are not willing to admit to something? You have consistantly failed to provide a single good reason to why Waluigi should be included and I doubt you ever will.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Playing the Devils advocate here... but if Wario has now his own franchise then Waluigi could have a slot with Wario.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Same thing over and over: wario is in so can waluigi!... check all of my posts and a few pages to see how we respond to that...

Vali

Smash Ace
Playing the Devils advocate here... but if Wario has now his own franchise then Waluigi could have a slot with Wario.
Yet Waluigi is not tied to the WarioWare franchise in any way, shape or form. WarioWare is specifically Wario's franchise with it's own spinoff wacky and goofy characters, of which Waluigi is not a part of. If Waluigi was, say, incorporated into WarioWare then that would hold some validity, yet at this current time for all we know there are no plans. Waluigi was created before WarioWare and if they had wanted to expand on Waluigi with Wario into (what is now) the WarioWare franchise they probably would've done it at the beginning. It just wouldn't make any sense to try and pass off Waluigi under a franchise that he doesn't belong to, and others could argue that Wario is still very much part of the Mario franchise anyway and thus counts as a rep.

It's just another formulation of the "Wario's in it so Waluigi should be too" argument at the end of the day.

@Stryks

Don't worry, I saved him the effort :laugh:.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
who could argue that wairo is still mario rep. hes done so much crap on his own, the wairoland series, wario world, and of course wario ware

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Same thing over and over: wario is in so can waluigi!... check all of my posts and a few pages to see how we respond to that...
Same thing over and over: Waluigi never had an important role!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Same thing over and over: Waluigi never had an important role!
Well, none of you in the pro-Waluigi party have given us a good defense against it, so why should we cut out a perfectly good offense from our playbook? (football is cool)

And we've given you reason why that "just putting Waluigi in because Wario is" is not only a lazy arguement, but a dumb one to boot.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Just let Waluigi be an AT and then everybody can be happy. Anti-Waluigi people can be happy he isn't wasting a character spot, and Pro-Waluigi people can be happy that he at least made it in somehow.

Although, judging from the reaction to Goroh, that may actually make things worse for some...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well i was once pro waluigi for brawl, but now that goroh got AT'd i said hell no to the WL, he is not getting in over goroh

Wrath`

Smash Master
i did think of this once befroe coming to this thread. I mean the fact wario does not have the mushroom could indicate the non-big 8 have more of a chance,plus waluigi statrs with a w.(the w is not real anything but you never know) and i do not get how we can say waste of space, we do not know how many characters are in,so there is no "space" yet to waste.

About ridley,i knew he was importian,but i was just showing how every character can ridiclued and it wouldnt make a diffrence.

to all thoes who say he has had no major roles,he had a semi-major role in mario DDR,so you cant say he had none anymore,now you have to say 1.

GigaLuigi911

Smash Rookie
pretty much the same as me lol

but if they can put in waluigi why not daisy
because daisy would probably clone wat peach does because she hasnt really had any personality she is a filler character too but has less personality than any other mario associated character

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Waluigi wouldn't have a franchise... he would just be out of place in the Wario Ware franchise because, well, he hasn't been in any game, and there actually ARE more Wario Ware characters that deserve a spot over him.

Besides, the Mario franchise is one of the most represented ones, do we REALLY need him? Even if they cut Dr. (I hope) there are still SO MANY others that deserve a spot. Get it, he doesn't DESERVE it, hell, if it came down to the worst I'd even have Petey Piranha (Yuck) or Toadsworth (double Yuck) over him.

And, some of Peach already represents the Mario Sports/Party games, they don't need more represantion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom