• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see Waluigi in brawl. He could easily replace the sandbag in the HRC. I can already imagine the hours I will spend pummeling him with more deserving characters. OK, seriously: the Mario franchise already has the most representation in the series. I'd rather see the developers cultivate other franchises. If he does happen to slip into the roster, I 'll consider it the defining event in SSB history- the moment the series jumped the shark.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
you don't think jigglypuff or pichu were bad fing moves, cmon you ooze hypocracy. when you compare what waluigi could be if he was done right i would most deifnetly trade him in for pichu and jiggly and doc and roy.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I don't like any of the characters you just mentioned, except for jiggs, and I don't expect they make Brawl without sweeping changes. When I consider characters for Brawl, I judge them on the merits of the games in which they appear.

When I look at Waluigi, I can't think of a single game in which he plays a vital role. He's a crude foil to Luigi that was concocted to balance games like Mario Tennis and Double Dash.

Nintendo has such a wealth of franchises and characters, that I would feel somewhat insulted if Sora had to go digging through the barrel of throw-away Mario characters for ideas.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
True, that's why you all better praty for Waluigi being one of these Assisst Trophies cause otherwise he'll simply not make it to Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
You know what... I'm alright with that. Waluigi doesn't deserve that fighter spot yet, but I wouldn't mind him as an assistant. He could chuck bob-ombs and whip out Pirhanna plants and tell us to suck it all he wants as long as he doesn't sully my character selection screen with his stupid mug.

Well, sucks for people who wanted Hammer Bros and Samurai Goroh (I guess that's you ClarkJables). Also, now that I'm looking at your sig, I'm going to make a prediction that Starfy, Ray MK2, and Waluigi are going to be inside the Assist Trophies. Just a prediction. I think they're just putting those characters in so people won't get totally upset that their favorite Nintendo hero/heroine didn't make the cut, and/or because they couldn't fill up a moveset for them, and/or because they'd just be another sword character {!*cough*Goroh*cough*!}.

NukeA6

Smash Master
True, that's why you all better praty for Waluigi being one of these Assisst Trophies cause otherwise he'll simply not make it to Brawl.
Now that he has a high chance in. I just hope he isn't invincible either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now that he has a high chance in. I just hope he isn't invincible either.
Waluigi invincible?!? He'd wish... God how I'd love to kick him out of the air while his swimming in there with his Waluigi Swim move. :) But now seriously guys, Waluigi isn't playable in Brawl.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Waluigi invincible?!? He'd wish... God how I'd love to kick him out of the air while his swimming in there with his Waluigi Swim move. :) But now seriously guys, Waluigi isn't playable in Brawl.
I wanna see Waluigi try to do his crotch chop........ and live.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
So for the most part you guys are ok with a Waluigi AT? EVERY BODY WINS!

Luigi will most likly have purple duds as well

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
pretty much yeah. i mean i've been a supporter for waluigi since i heard brawl was coming, but if he just appears as an AT, i'm actually fine with that. at least he has some sort of playable appearance. and it would be interesting to see what Sakurai would do with him

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Hooray for the Assist Trophy!
Hooray for the great equalizer!

I just can't wait to see if Waluigi makes the scene. It's funny because if you think about it, at the first news we get of him, either as an assistant or playable character, this thread will most likely just die all at once.

"Whup... there, he's confirmed as a ___. Now we don't have anything to debate until the game actually comes out and we can get our hands on him. Goodbye cruel thread!"

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Actually, then people will start debating how would he perform as an AT or PC. This thread isnt dying anytime soon.

I tend to pick tall and really thin characters, or unproportioned characters in games. I'm sure it would amuse me to play as Waluigi, if he made it into Brawl, but I'm not really that concerned about the matter. The way I see it, he has a pretty big chance to enter as a wario counterpart, the problem being there are already too many Mario characters as it is.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
You know what, I would actually LOVE to see Waluigi as an AT,he could have a great attack and then disappear.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi would most likely throw bombs or use that machine they used in Mario Power Tennis, and then disappear (I'd wish for Crotch Chops before he disappeared though :p)

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think he'd be a cool AT if he ran across the stage, planting piranha plants every few steps as he ran. And then the piranha plants attack anyone who comes near, even the person who summoned Waluigi.

Cuz Waluigi is a butthead.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
lol Crotch Chops would be hilarious! I say AT Waluigi just sets up bombs randomly throughout the stage and, once they explode, bust out the Degeneration X homage. =P

(I hate all that fake wrestling crap: always have, always will. I just think it's funny when Waluigi does it).

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
I...am...so...happy...;_;

Assist Trophy = My Best Friend. I am not even kidding. Now Waluigi can be in the game, without using a spot! This is so fantastic. But, I wonder what he'll do? I loved the idea of Pirhanna Plants!

This is like the best idea ever. It's like a Pokeball...but really awesome. Now, other cool characters can be in the game too! (I'll cross my fingers for you, Ayumi Tachibana!) I can't wait to have battles with only AT set. :]

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
if waluigi is an assist he will most definetly do his patented tennis swim attack, followed by a swift dmx crotch chop

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Ah, but what if ALL of the characters you think deserved to be in gets in and Waluigi just happens to be there?

Hypothetically.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
EDIT:
(read your question wrong)

Well, I'll be annoyed, but not furious. He still doesn't deserve that spot yet. On the priority list, I'll say he's somewhere in the middle of all the possible Nintendo characters for Brawl. Once they get everyone above him in, and give him a starring role in a canon game... then I'm fine with Waluigi in Smash.

He just doesn't deserve to be playable in this one.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I agree with your logic. As much as I adore Waluigi and his nasal nastiness, he is still too "young" for a spot in Brawl. I'm a diehard Toad fan, and I'll be ****ed if he doesn't make it in as a PC this time. We've been waiting for a long time; give us this time, and yours will come in Smash IV. =)

RandomJelly

Smash Rookie
I am a Waluigi supporter, and I would like if he was in brawl.
But I would preefer if he got a game starring himself before >_>

Or else he could just be an assist trophy..

Wrath`

Smash Master
I would rather not have waluigi than have him be assist
Altho no staring game, he was a somewhat decent contributor to the mario ddr story.It said so, plus he was on nintendo's monopoly(cant beat monopoly:p)
Waluigi could wear his strikers garb and have a soccer movset.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I would rather not have waluigi than have him be assist
Altho no staring game, he was a somewhat decent contributor to the mario ddr story.It said so, plus he was on nintendo's monopoly(cant beat monopoly:p)
Waluigi could wear his strikers garb and have a soccer movset.
Because we all know that Mario DDR, Mario Strikers, and Nintendo Monopoly were all very important to the timeline of the Mario Universe... I wonder how you sleep at night knowing that nothing you ever say is sensible.

Most of the people agree:
Waluigi as a playable character: NO
Waluigi as an assist: YES

U cant beat the numbers TWoK
YES and NO aren't numbers Stryks... Lol but you're right, more people seem to prefer him as an assistant. Even the Waluigi supporters seem to think in the same manner. I think we found a mutually acceptable way to have Waluigi in the game without anyone getting pissed or disappointed (except for TWoK; but no one really cares about him :laugh:).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I, too, am glad that a peaceable agreement has been reached between Waluigi fans and those that are impartial on the subject. I would be thrilled to see Waluigi pop up as an AT in-game. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom