• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
He had two games, Stack-up and Gyromite, but I don't know what he did in them. You can probably find it on the wikipedia page icymatt putt, oh yeah he moved too.

Hemightbegiant was right about the movie I was talking about.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
McFox said:
A tree stump has more personality than Waluigi.
That's kinda like saying that... a brick is larger than the Earth's moon.
And if he's in the game, that means automatically that he's replacing someone better, because everyone is better.
I can think of characters that would be even worse.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Red_Maniac said:
That's kinda like saying that... a brick is larger than the Earth's moon.
No, it's not, because what you said makes no sense. The Waluigi remark did.

Red_Maniac said:
I can think of characters that would be even worse
For some reason, I figured as much.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
No, it's not, because what you said makes no sense. The Waluigi remark did.
Let's be honest his comparison wasn't that bad, and both comments were over the top :laugh: . He was just making a point. And even you can probably think of characters (even one that have been suggested on this forum0 that are worse than waluigi. There is no way that he is the worst possible choice even for those that don't like him.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I'd rather see GLOVER than Waluigi. But that's just me. It sadens me to no end how much of a chance Waluigi has over so many other characters....

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Considering Glover and Master Hand are two seperate entities, I can completely and totally bag on Glover without somehow insulting Super Smash Brothers. But this is about how much Waluigi sucks, not Glover. Back on topic...

I'm sorry to say that I've come to like Waluigi on Mario Kart DS. Not that I'm claiming allegance to the pro-Waluigi people, but I just like his car. JUST his car, I swear.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
xianfeng said:
I would rather Tingle than Waluigi at least he is useful and has his own game
let me get this straight. you would rather have a 35 year old immature man who lives with his father, makes maps, and thinks he's a fairy than a tall, lanky, mischevious person maybe bent on world domination who loves to use pirahna plants and bob-ombs and has a wide variety of uses, not to mention the fact he seems similar to Dastardly in wrecking crew, further making him a unique individual with a somewhat questionable past?

and you made the diddy kong and ridley threads man.

furthermore, i would like to state the main reason why i support waluigi. it is mainly because he is the character I use the most in the sport, kart, and party games. but i would really like to see sakurai give him a unique moveset and implement him in smash. sakurai is pimp like dat.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I used to be a huge Waluigi fan, I loved him (in a non gay way) I thought he was the funniest character ever I used to use him and Diddy in MKDD all the time I even supported him in this thread, now I don't like him because I have found out that he is a cheap knockoff of Dastardly **** who is way better (we got booerang and I watched Wacky Racers ahh Mutley so cool) So now I don't like him, but if he had a costume of Dastardly **** and he had a Dog I may like him again but at the moment he's a poser.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'd rather see Jack Thompson than Waluigi. At least Jack I could enjoy beating up. Waluigi I'd just keep thinking about how crappy he is and how much I wish the developers had put in almost anyone else.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
colbusman said:
let me get this straight. you would rather have a 35 year old immature man who lives with his father, makes maps, and thinks he's a fairy than a tall, lanky, mischevious person maybe bent on world domination who loves to use pirahna plants and bob-ombs and has a wide variety of uses, not to mention the fact he seems similar to Dastardly in wrecking crew, further making him a unique individual with a somewhat questionable past?
Tingle is better because he is nuts. Waluigi is a loser.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
colbusman said:
Yes we would, and the sad thing is, Tingle is more popular than Waluigi.

Captain Falcon got his personality in the F-ZERO games, NOT Super Smash Bros. Melee. Waluigi won't get his personality in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and hopefully he'll never get a personality.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm sorry, but i can't understand why ANY one would want tingle over anyone else. tingle is almost as bad as pac-man or tom nook. there is no way they would work and they are the worst ideas to ever come across the brawl thread. whoever thought these guys would be good ideas should be shot.

and i did not say falcon got his personality from smash, i said it started in smash, because we learned a bit about him. i know smash is not the place to develop one's personality, but i say it can be a start.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
How did it start? No one knew anything about him in the game(if they didn't play F-ZERO) because everyone just saw him as a crazy macho man saying "show me your moves".

If Waluigi needs a start to be his own character, he should actually play an important role in a game, which he never does.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
We all know that his design was made off of luigi's (obviously) so the whole dasterdly similarity is just a coincidence. That's a wierd reason to dislike him.

Tingle is the next 40yr old virgin. And Falcon......how did we get on falcon? He had no personality prior to his appearance in smash and since I haven't played any F-Zero games since I still know nothing about his personality. What personality does he have, "I like to win races". Just because he stars a games dosen't give him personality. The thing is that dosen't matter. I still consider him a good character in smash even with out knowing anything about his mentality. All his moves were carefully thought up and it worked. The same will happen for the character who headlines this topic.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Marshigio said:
Waluigi won't get his personality in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and hopefully he'll never get a personality.
A little too late.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Marshigio said:
How did it start? No one knew anything about him in the game(if they didn't play F-ZERO) because everyone just saw him as a crazy macho man saying "show me your moves".

If Waluigi needs a start to be his own character, he should actually play an important role in a game, which he never does.
ok, maybe i was a bit wrong on developing personalities in smash. i know it is not the place. i just thought it would be a start, like it did for falcon. i guess not. but i figure if sakurai can make a moveset for falcon, he can make one for waluigi. i guess i could make my own version that fits the party games waluigi is in.

a few years ago i started to think of smash 3 and developed characters to be in it and a b moveset for each character. this is the b list i made for waluigi.

B-Pirahna Plant-Waluigi throws a pirahna plant out and it plants itself into the ground. it attacks anyone within range dealing 10% damage with each bite. it can be destroyed like chancey or marill.
B>-Waluigi Missle-Works just like luigi's missle, only it has more range and is not as powerful. It also does not misfire as much as luigi's. Deals 6-12%
B^-Warp Box-Basically, he changes spots with another player, but he changes spots only with characters that are close to edges, are falling, or are at low health, as too not make it too broken.
Bdown-Waluigi Twister-Just like his special move in Mario Power Tennis, he spins in a circle for a brief period of time. he does not pull people in and he only hits them outward. Deals 5-8% damage.
Waluigi uses his long range as his best offense. he has little power, but his range makes up for it. he also has incredible jump. his weakness is in power and size.

that is the best i can come up with. i know it probably won't bring any anit-waluigi people to think he is a good idea, but it can be a start.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
you should DEFINTLY add Waluigi! I don't get what you people are talking about, I already think of him as a main character, he has been Wario's partner for a few years now. and Wario's in the game, he should be in it , too!

icymatt

Smash Lord
So?

I'm not bashing Waluigi, I'm just trying to figure out the logic that including Wario means you HAVE TO include Waluigi.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
When I think of Wario, I think of Warioware. You know, because that's a game series he starred in.

Answer me this, Waluigi fans: If it's so important that Waluigi appears with Wario in every game they appear in, why hasn't Waluigi appeared in the Warioware series? I mean, that's a MUCH easier appearance in Smash, because Wario is totally random and stupid (in a good way). Just make him a Warioware character and give him some random minigames, and BAM, he's got instant credibility.

And when I said "answer me this," that was rhetorical. In conclusion, there is no reason to include Waluigi in Brawl on the BASIS of him being Wario's partner. He's not even Wario's partner in Wario's games.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he'll probably have no relation to a move set with the marios, same with wario, wario and waluigi will probably not have any moves shared except for possibly a mini-bomb-omb attack, the only moves i see them sharing with mario and luigi are the tilts, up smash, down smash, and uair, other than that they're gonna be different

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
other than to beat him up, I hope he isnt in the sequel. The developers dont know what specials to give him due to the lack of games appearances

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I really don't want to see him in SSBB. I know others probably pointed this out but....

1. He's a totally unorigial character (His name isn't even origial)
2. WAY too many Mario Characters already
3. Nothing but a Luigify Wario (like his name)

Not to metion he's not famous, but There are some great side characters that would be great for Brawl like Odowla from Majora's Mask.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
As McFox and Icymatt pointed out, his partner should be from Wario Ware. It's his game, and Waluigi is not in it. I hate it how Wario Ware characters are sometimes overshadowed by Waluigi, they're so much more unique and play bigger roles. Hell, they've been in less games and we know more about them than we do Waluigi.

Mona is Wario's partner, and his love interest. It said in the game that he brings her on his adventures, and I mean REAL adventures, not go to play golf with Mario.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Link'sShadow said:
I really don't want to see him in SSBB. I know others probably pointed this out but....

1. He's a totally unorigial character (His name isn't even origial)
2. WAY too many Mario Characters already
3. Nothing but a Luigify Wario (like his name)

Not to metion he's not famous, but There are some great side characters that would be great for Brawl like Odowla from Majora's Mask.
I wish I could slap you right now for saying Odowla.

It makes me mad how you people are saying Waluigi should be in it just because Wario's in it. Like McFox said (a statement that, might I point out, totally knocked colbusman out of the water), if that we the case, Waluigi would've made SOME appearance in the WarioWare games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom