• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 245254

I'm actually pretty hype on the idea of Lucina, though that would also deconfirm the leak, haha.

Fire emblem could use a female rep!

D

Deleted member 245254

It wasn't sarcasm. It stands to reason that if the guy had access to every other character on the roster, he had access to Rosalina, the ZSS/Charizard/Sheik plans to make a single character, and the Mii triple threat. He didn't, so the leak is by and large a fake.

You guys can rationalize it all you want, and that's fine, but this is great news.
You're kind of the only person telling yourself that, which kind of means you're the one rationalizing it however you want.

You can't discredit him by things not mentioned. Your argument is weak.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It wasn't sarcasm. It stands to reason that if the guy had access to every other character on the roster, he had access to Rosalina, the ZSS/Charizard/Sheik plans to make a single character, and the Mii triple threat. He didn't, so the leak is by and large a fake.

You guys can rationalize it all you want, and that's fine, but this is great news.

2 more characters get confirmed from Sal's leak.

people claim this deconfirms the leak.

never change smash boards...

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Oh god you are desperate. Two more characters revealed, odds through the roof, still denying it because the leak only mentioned character names and not customization. Seriously.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
You're kind of the only person telling yourself that, which kind of means you're the one rationalizing it however you want.

You can't discredit him by things not mentioned. Your argument is weak.
2 more characters get confirmed from Sal's leak.

people claim this deconfirms the leak.

never change smash boards...
The guy claims he has information on Smash Brothers.

The guy misses huge roster possibilities and plays it safe.

Ignore the evidence all you want but it's clear the guy doesn't have all the information at best.

Oh god you are desperate. Two more characters revealed, odds through the roof, still denying it because the leak only mentioned character names and not customization. Seriously.
Accuracy is everything when you're claiming stuff no-one can prove.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Ignore the evidence all you want but it's clear the guy doesn't have all the information at best.

You're the kind of person who would deny this if Marshal got in over Chorus Men.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader

So basically.... Since the leaker had information and confirmed only accurate characters, and had access to information, it's wrong because the leaker didn't say anything about the other info?

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
This is not yet confirmed.

Need me to say it again?

It'll be confirmed when every single bit of information in the leak is confirmed as true.
Miis and Palutena were easy enough to guess.

D

Deleted member 245254

Dude.

The guy was probably given a piece of paper, or an email with like, 50 characters max.

He's the messenger. He told us what he was told. Just because he may not have been given details that we ended up seeing about his (correct) predictions doesn't mean he didn't share a valid leak.

I know you're smarter than this. You know fully well, logically, that you can't disaprove something based on a lack of information. The only way we can truly disprove it, is by contradicting official information, which we've yet to receive in regard to this leak.

The leak is still good, and you and all people who argue the same point still look a bit like fools.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
So basically.... Since the leaker had information and confirmed only accurate characters, and had access to information, it's wrong because the leaker didn't say anything?
Maybe this guy got his information really early, when Rosalina was still in development or something

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes

7 has been proven so far. Calculate them odds, get back to me. Or just don't. Your argument has worn thin for just about everyone now.

D

Deleted member

Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)
Thank you so much for posting this. I will immediately put this up on the OP.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
You're the kind of person who would deny this if Marshal got in over Chorus Men.
Nah. If Chorus Men/Marshal gets in I'm willing to admit I was wrong.

But since that's not the case, sorry. I'm seeing the forest for the trees.

So basically.... Since the leaker had information and confirmed only accurate characters, and had access to information, it's wrong because the leaker didn't say anything about the other info?
It's wrong because the guy leaves out important details that would essentially prove the whole thing right. The guy clearly doesn't have access to all the relevant information.

That, all by itself, is cause for rejoicing. There's hope yet for this Smash.

The leak is still good, and you and all people who argue the same point still look a bit like fools.
Oh, I'm not denying that the leak is still good. Leak's still good 'til Chorus Men get confirmed/deconfirmed 'cause there's no other firm way to conclude its validity. Point I'm trying to make is that the guy doesn't have all the information, so there's more to the game than initially suspected.

Which is great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Need me to say it again?

It'll be confirmed when every single bit of information in the leak is confirmed as true.
Yeah dude. Easy. That's why you guessed, what, 6 for 6 (Palutena, Mii, WFT, Megaman, AC guy, Pokemon from x and y, and little mac) characters correctly too? Right?

For bazillionth time, it's not about your random guesses, it's about consistency which this leak is nailing.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So Sal Romano's leaks are real. Or at least the first leaks are. I am far less hopeful for Ridley now.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
This leak discussion is really starting to remind me of the 35 roster Brawl leak...

D

Deleted member 245254

Point I'm trying to make is that the guy doesn't have all the information, so there's more to the game than initially suspected.
Um, no duh, he doesn't develop the game, of course he doesn't have all the information. That's why this is called a leak. The word "leak" doesn't necessarily entail a downpour of all available and existent information.

He told us what he knew. Everything he knew has been right.

You keep focusing on things he hasn't said like it makes some kind of good point, and it doesn't. It's fully possible and likely he doesn't know flicking everything. He's just telling us what he knows. Which so far has been all correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Leaker gets 7 out of 8 newcomers right and we're calling him FAKE?

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Nah. If Chorus Men/Marshal gets in I'm willing to admit I was wrong.

But since that's not the case, sorry. I'm seeing the forest for the trees.

It's wrong because the guy leaves out important details that would essentially prove the whole thing right. The guy clearly doesn't have access to all the relevant information.

That, all by itself, is cause for rejoicing. There's hope yet for this Smash.

Oh, I'm not denying that the leak is still good. Leak's still good 'til Chorus Men get confirmed/deconfirmed 'cause there's no other firm way to conclude its validity. Point I'm trying to make is that the guy doesn't have all the information, so there's more to the game than initially suspected.

Which is great.
You said the leak was dead only 2 or 3 posts back

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I don't understand why many so are saying Lucas is possibly getting cut now? Where did this come from? I don't believe I've seen any leak talking about this subject.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If your a logical person this leak is "somewhat vague" at its absolute WORST and spot on at best.

"pokemon from x and y" not all the info on Mii's

this only means that maybe chorus kids IS marshal or stuff like that but NOT that this information isn't ACTUAL information on the game.

it totally is and if your denying that and calling this a "lucky guess" then your crazy.

there might be more characters beyond what these leaks have, lucas might not be cut, and chorus kids might mean marshal BUT beyond some SLIGHTLY off info like that this leak is 100% right and anyone who says otherwise at this point is in so much denial it isn't even funny.

my biggest question remains if, now that lucas joins squirtle ivysaur and snake as likely to be cut, was RosalinaX right??? 48 characters 4 cuts? and if so that would mean 1 more newcomer we don't know about to reach 48...

Ridley was NOT deconfirmed yet and mewtwo or sceptile still seems likely... it's stuff like this that I can't understand why people hate on this leak when clearly there is totally room for more newcomers here.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Mii and paletina are confirmed! Am scared of that this leak is turning a little bit real! We need the chorus kid as the perfect evidence that this leak can be real. only october will tell.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't understand why many so are saying Lucas is possibly getting cut now? Where did this come from? I don't believe I've seen any leak talking about this subject.
Sal just said today the the dev team had an internal debate about keeping Lucas or Ness, and Lucas was most likely a goner.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Question for those who watched E3 last year (I wasn't in town): Did any of the character reveals come significantly AFTER the Nintendo presentation?

Meaning, is there a precedent set where some fighters could be announced early, and other announced later in the day or another day? Maybe another character reveal will change the minds of those that don't believe Sal.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You think we'll still get the new characters (Choruse Men, Chrom, Pacman and Shulk) at the invitational?
I doubt, but maybe we can get Chorus Kid, which isn't a very important character (kind of like Wii Fit Trainer).

There still is the August Direct for any major reveal, like Shulk and Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

Need me to say it again?

Seriously you can go back to the Character Discussion Thread yesterday and more people were saying Miis will not be playable, yeah I know right, by any means it dosen´t make the leak true but its boost its chances.

.n_n.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
So, assuming they announce all six this E3, that pretty much confirms that Sal's leaker is in Nintendo marketing and public relations, huh?

Shroob

Sup?
Question for those who watched E3 last year (I wasn't in town): Did any of the character reveals come significantly AFTER the Nintendo presentation?

Meaning, is there a precedent set where some fighters could be announced early, and other announced later in the day or another day? Maybe another character reveal will change the minds of those that don't believe Sal.
Wii Fit Trainer came much later.

Don't forget we're being drilled about watching the Invitational. I HIGHLY expect a newcomer there.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wii Fit Trainer came much later.

Don't forget we're being drilled about watching the Invitational. I HIGHLY expect a newcomer there.
Or a veteran. Seems more likely imo.
We'll see, Reggie hyped it up in the digital even, specifically after saying "we have more to announce."

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
And for those angry that Sal's leak may be right, fear not. He also leaked DLC characters. So there is definitely a silver lining if you hate Sal's leak and it turns out correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom