• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
You never know. Maybe they have both but decided one had to go.
The only plausible scenario for this is Ness and Lucas are both halfway through development, but at that point there's no way this would be releasing as soon as it is.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
The new addition is very fishy sounding with the wishy washy plot development. Beforehand, it was clean cut and could have been any situation. Now the leaker lets us in to what position he has and how close of promiximity they are to the game. This means any reasoning prior where people said they may have saw a list/ saw some images when explaining Greninja or Villager is proven false. They very well SHOULD have known the name of a character if they know about internal conflict about the Mother kids.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The new addition is very fishy sounding with the wishy washy plot development. Beforehand, it was clean cut and could have been any situation. Now the leaker lets us in to what position he has and how close of promiximity they are to the game. This means any reasoning prior where people said they may have saw a list/ saw some images when explaining Greninja or Villager is proven false. They very well SHOULD have known the name of a character if they know about internal conflict about the Mother kids.
In addition to this, people are already making the excuse of 'outdated information' in other topics.

Hm. Deja vu.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not that "LeakerBro" has any validity whatsoever (it has negative validity at the moment), but he put out the possibility that the source threw in false information along with true information. I think there's a greater chance of that happening than some guy flat-out guessing WFT, just in case anything falls through here.

Shroob

Sup?
If this is real, why do I get the vibe that they are intentionally leaving characters out to use them as DLC? I mean, if you read it, they were debating on keeping Lucas OR Ness? That sounds like if Ness were to be cut, he'd be part of DLC, along with, I dunno, Jigglypuff or something.

Nintendo knows we'll buy whatever Smash DLC they'd throw at us, especially beloved characters cut.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ S salromano

The leak has awkward phrasing.

Would the leaker happen to speak another language when emailing you?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This new info pretty much confirms that any info this guy has ever had came early in development. It's not like they just began talking a few months ago about which Earthbound character to keep. The roster was finalized in 2012 so it would've had to have been decided then.

DLC info is much the same too. Sakurai even said that DLC is a possibility but not something that they are going to think about until post release.

salromano

Smash Rookie
Not that "LeakerBro" has any validity whatsoever (it has negative validity at the moment), but he put out the possibility that the source threw in false information along with true information. I think there's a greater chance of that happening than some guy flat-out guessing WFT, just in case anything falls through here.
I guess that's possible. Didn't something similar to that happen with the Pokemon X and Y leaks on Pokebeach?

But I mean, it'd be a pretty crappy thing to do, especially if you're trying to prove you're a legitimate source.

If the Rhythm Heaven character is confirmed, though, then I'd probably lean towards that. No way anyone is 'guessing' Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Mega Man in addition to him.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's a bit odd with DLC, if this is information from early in development Sakurai was lying last summer when he said he didn't have any plans for it.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
So...
Roy, Mewtwo, Lucas, Squirtle, Bulbasaur & Snake are DLC?
I'd rather brand new characters get in, but I'd love for Mewtwo to get in so people can finally shut up about that. But I digress.

It's a bit odd with DLC, if this is information from early in development Sakurai was lying last summer when he said he didn't have any plans for it.
Yeah, Sakurai said he wasn't planning DLC. Whether or not he does DLC isn't up to him. Guarantee you that's going to be on Bamco's shoulders.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I think the nail in the coffin wasn't for Lucas but rather the leak itself. Chorus Men is now set in stone so we'll see of its a make/break type of thing now. I'll be glad if this is false, can't stress that enough.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ S salromano
Thanks for the info man! Love your leaks!!!
So...
Roy, Mewtwo, Lucas, Squirtle, Bulbasaur & Snake are DLC?
Yes (except make Bulbasaur and Squirtle Venusaur and Blastoise).

Also any other cuts, Ridley, K. Rool, and Krystal if they aren't in.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
True, can't count that possibility out. But then we'd have to presumably take the 3 Sal Leaks as separate entities, no? And hell, not to be devil's advocate, but we could say there's false information as far as the rest of his leaks go if they are wrong in some places, like one character isn't in but the rest are for instance.

Although it's convoluted, life is like that, so we have to keep an eye on it still. I'd love to see this leak finally be settled but there are a lot of bases to cover. I'm still observing the leak, and the newest addition - if we're looking at it as a whole - veers me in a direction to believe it less. But hey, lets wait till tomorrow to see.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
6 newcomers, all of which just happen to have been on previous lists, all in the span of 47 minutes/a few days. With at most two months till release. Somehow knows about a Lucas vs Ness debate despite his source leakage being promo material. DLC is fair thing to know about, though how much work they put into it before release will make or break the greediness.

I'mma feelin like-a the source is just being screwy this time.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Another thing: If this is outdated information, did they already have the E3 reveals planned out?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
True, can't count that possibility out. But then we'd have to presumably take the 3 Sal Leaks as separate entities, no? And hell, not to be devil's advocate, but we could say there's false information as far as the rest of his leaks go if they are wrong in some places, like one character isn't in but the rest are for instance.

Although it's convoluted, life is like that, so we have to keep an eye on it still. I'd love to see this leak finally be settled but there are a lot of bases to cover. I'm still observing the leak, and the newest addition - if we're looking at it as a whole - veers me in a direction to believe it less. But hey, lets wait till tomorrow to see.
Yes, we have to treat them as separate entities. For all we know, the Pac-Man/Mii/Little Mac at E3 part was made-up in the first entry, albeit not necessarily their presence in the game.

Of course, I don't think this will ever be settled entirely for sure. There'll absolutely be revisionist history when everything is said and done.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Why do I get the feeling that the Digital Event won't actually give us anything and we'll have to wait for the Invitational to see?

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)
Lucas and Ness will be in. Now I'm calling it fake

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why are people JUST NOW realising this "leak" could very well be fake?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yes, we have to treat them as separate entities. For all we know, the Pac-Man/Mii/Little Mac at E3 part was made-up in the first entry, albeit not necessarily their presence in the game.

Of course, I don't think this will ever be settled entirely for sure. There'll absolutely be revisionist history when everything is said and done.
You're right about that. This'll be a story on one of the those gaming centered channels that has to do with Game history and leaks and mysteries and all that jazz. Right now we need to wait just till 7:30pm PT to see what destiny holds.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Mii fighters, the same as the recent leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom