• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't say it was irrational at all. Brawl was going to have 7 Pokemon as is(Mewtwo added, possibly 8 if the Pra_Mai was a Pokemon). We had, per each game, 2, 4, and then 6 Pokemon. We could've easily had 6 character spaces with 8 Pokemon if PT wasn't cut. I don't think too much expected transformations to go. That said, a Gen 6 Pokemon was hardly unbelievable by any means.

No, I definitely think a Gen 6 Pokemon was very safe. Which one it was was actually nothing but a big guess.
I suppose you are correct. I apologize, I can certainly see that being the case.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I suppose you are correct. I apologize, I can certainly see that being the case.
It's only an opinion. I am not saying I'm right(or trying to be), but it's important we acknowledge the opinion could be correct.

Just like the leak could be correct too. :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No; there is quite literally a factual basis for the perspective. Blatantly disregarding this notion is fallacious. It doesn't matter if you don't want to conform, it is completely and utterly logical, and objective, to state that they add validity to the leak. If you cannot comprehend that, we are finished. You can only state an opinion on the matter, there is nothing absolute that could actually support your interpretation of the leak.

I am alluding to the very last portion, where you respond to me. This isn't applicable to the entirety of your argument.
The leak is based off of first hand experience, based on what someone claims to have seen been included in the game.
What is included in the game is not based on fan speculation.

People can see 8 Pokémon reps as irrational all they want, but that's an opinion (especially since others have an opposing opinion). I am not concerned with whether or not this leak backs up speculator opinions. I am looking at this leak as "I saw these things in the game/design documents, so they are in the game/planned to be in the game", because that's what a leak is. And I see too many problems with that.

I agree that many of the characters on this list make sense (including a rep from X/Y). But that's just my opinion on what I think would make for a worthy roster. That doesn't change the fact that I see too many problems with the notion of this being a first hand source - which is why I don't believe the leak. I don't discredit leaks based on what I think the likelihood of the characters are, I discredit them where I see definitive holes in their origin stories (in the case of this kind of leak - picture leaks are a different story). And this one has a lot.

Morbi

Scavenger
The leak is based off of first hand experience, based on what someone claims to have seen been included in the game.
What is included in the game is not based on fan speculation.

People can see 8 Pokémon reps as irrational all they want, but that's an opinion (especially since others have an opposing opinion). I am not concerned with whether or not this leak backs up speculator opinions. I am looking at this leak as "I saw these things in the game/design documents, so they are in the game/planned to be in the game", because that's what a leak is. And I see too many problems with that.

I agree that many of the characters on this list make sense (including a rep from X/Y). But that's just my opinion on what I think would make for a worthy roster. That doesn't change the fact that I see too many problems with the notion of this being a first hand source - which is why I don't believe the leak. I don't discredit leaks based on what I think the likelihood of the characters are, I discredit them where I see definitive holes in their origin stories (in the case of this kind of leak - picture leaks are a different story). And this one has a lot.
That is completely logical, but that wasn't really what I was alluding to. I was referring to the very last portion, but that is neither here nor there. I understand your perspective, you understand my perspective. So there really isn't much else to discuss, I honestly agree with you to an extent.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Let us play an assumption game.

Let us assume the Sal leaks are real.

Let us then assume the Sal leak information is old. And thus X/Y pokemon was listed because Sakurai did not pick a specific one yet.

If these assumptions are correct, does that mean Sakurai exceeded his goal of newcomers if he was able to add a pokemon after Pokemon X/Y came out?

I wonder if we could be looking at 15 to 18/20 newcomers (including returning vets).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Let us then assume the Sal leak information is old. And thus X/Y pokemon was listed because Sakurai did not pick a specific one yet.

If these assumptions are correct, does that mean Sakurai exceeded his goal of newcomers if he was able to add a pokemon after Pokemon X/Y came out?

I wonder if we could be looking at 15 to 18/20 newcomers (including returning vets).
...It's very likely Greninja has been in the game for a long time now, possibly even before X/Y came out. The time of a characters reveal =/= the time of their completion. Remember, they have to record all of that gameplay manually.

I'm not really going to bother assuming anything right now. IIRC, Brawl had 5 newcomers in it's reveal trailer. Smash 4 has only now reached 6. I think that's pointing towards less newcomers than Brawl.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If the Sal leaks are correct, plus Rosalina we have 12 characters.

Add in Mewtwo and we are already at 13.

Add a DK character and we are at 14.

Anyways, I am excited to see the movesets of these "leaked" characters. While I never wanted Chrom, I am intrigued to how Sakurai will tackle the problem of giving Chrom an exciting and diverse moveset. He has already surprised me with the execution of Little Mac's playstyle.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

Well, I'm combining gematsu leak with rosalinax leak where the roster will be 48 char and there will be 4 cuts from brawl as rosalinax leak stated.

So far 6 char have not shown up yet, based off of gematsu leak
1. Chrom 2. Shulk 3. Palutena 4. Chorus kids/men 5. PACman 6. Mii

So far, in brawl there's 17 char (including squirtle+ivysaur) missing, subtract four cuz of "4 cuts" being stated. Which is 13 char returning.

29 char so far in the new Ssb shown +
6 newcomers based off gematsu leak +
13 char returning based off rosalinax leak
Total = 48 char THEY MATCH.

Just pointing out a possibility here.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Of course, if the Rosalinax leak meant 48 characters by the number of boxes that might throw off the math a little.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Warning Received
Does anyone think Sal's tipper will share out any new claims before E3 2014?
Yes and what do you call that strange floating Pikachu thing in your avatar? I keep staring at it.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Of course, if the Rosalinax leak meant 48 characters by the number of boxes that might throw off the math a little.
True, then it could mean gematsu leak could not mention the other 2 newcomer Because gematsu didn't mention rosalina. Or did not know.

So hopefully we do get 2 new char that would be awesome.
----------------------
Crossing my fingers (Mewtwo/Takamaru)
lol :p

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I think it's important to note that the gematsu "leak" does not specify a roster size.

Last I heard, Sakurai said he hasn't cut any veterans yet. Of course he has always qualified such statements with a "maybe," but I honestly believe no veterans will be cut this time at all, besides Snake, and likely Ivysaur and Squirtle.

If RosalinaX is just saying, "4 veterans are cut," then that's 3, right there.

My issue is picking one out of ROB, Lucas, Ike, Wolf, Falco, Wario, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Game & Watch. I would have preferred if they had just put Toon Link out in the cold, honestly; but, if "4 cuts" is true, one of the above has to go.

I like all those characters! I wouldn't want any of them to go. I suppose I'd pick Falco...

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I think it's important to note that the gematsu "leak" does not specify a roster size.

Last I heard, Sakurai said he hasn't cut any veterans yet. Of course he has always qualified such statements with a "maybe," but I honestly believe no veterans will be cut this time at all, besides Snake, and likely Ivysaur and Squirtle.

My issue is picking one out of ROB, Lucas, Ike, Wolf, Falco, Wario, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Game & Watch. I would have preferred if they had just put Toon Link out in the cold, honestly; but, if "4 cuts" is true, one of the above has to go.

I like all those characters! I wouldn't want any of them to go. I suppose I'd pick Falco...
Yes, gematsu leak does not specify roster size, however rosalinax leak does.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yes, gematsu leak does not specify roster size, however rosalinax leak does.
Well, if Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake count as 3 cuts, that means only 1 more vet is cut. But, that also means Mewtwo isn't coming back, unless another vet also gets cut. So really, if the RosalinaX rumor is true, I'm gonna be disappointed no matter what. Le sigh.

Edit

This would also would mean that all the newcomers are spoiled, so there's that, too.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I can understand being sceptical of this leak, but to outright reject it is irrational.

If we had asked every member of SWF to predict which newcomers would be shown at E3, how many would have been even half-right?
The initial 6-character leak is either totally legit, or only half made up. The chance of it being a total guess is very small.

Trust me, I'm quite smart.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can understand being sceptical of this leak, but to outright reject it is irrational.

If we had asked every member of SWF to predict which newcomers would be shown at E3, how many would have been even half-right?
The initial 6-character leak is either totally legit, or only half made up. The chance of it being a total guess is very small.

Trust me, I'm quite smart.
It's not irrational until I see decisive evidence. Right now, there is none.

And just so people are aware, a "credible" leak, and a "real" leak, are not the same thing. This leak is credible, but I doubt it's real.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received

Maybe the other cut is Ice climber due to 3ds technical issues. Sakurai did mention that in a interview iirc

So possible cuts would be snake, ivysauce, squirrel, and ice climbers. Huh makes a lot of sense. I can see why rosalinax "guessing" like that if they were predicting charzard as a solo char and poke trainer cut. Just like @ Morbi Morbi predicted.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
We don´t know how the Leaker got his information via documents, other leaker, mouth to mouth, game testing, marketing, black market, Sakurai being drunk in a party or working at Namco as a janitor, there is so much things that could happen and how he got his information that for now is a 50/50 bet, if he/she is right and true or complete b... s... is up to time to test this, lets wait for more new comers and then we can start make a reasoning and get an actual confirmation to this rumor.

.n_n.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
We don´t know how the Leaker got his information via documents, other leaker, mouth to mouth, game testing, marketing, black market, Sakurai being drunk in a party or working at Namco as a janitor, there is so much things that could happen and how he got his information that for now is a 50/50 bet, if he/she is right and true or complete b... s... is up to time to test this, lets wait for more new comers and then we can start make a reasoning and get an actual confirmation to this rumor.

.n_n.
What's wrong with predicting if the leak may be true or not, and increasing the chances of being true could be good, Example: My post....

Well, I'm combining gematsu leak with rosalinax leak where the roster will be 48 char and there will be 4 cuts from brawl as rosalinax leak stated.

So far, in brawl there's 17 char (including squirtle+ivysaur) missing, subtract four cuz of "4 cuts" being stated. Which is 13 char returning.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
What's wrong with predicting if the leak may be true or not, and increasing the chances of being true could be good, Example: My post....

I never said it was wrong, I only write, it was 50/50 bet for now more exactly a 45.45% bet of being right than wrong.

Anyway your sum of characters is wrong or if you can tell me which character is missing because for now Ice Climbers, Mr. G & W, ROB, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Ganondorf, Ike, Falco, Wolf, Meta Knight, Wario, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake, sum 16 if we subtract 4 are 12.

And going with your other sums it would be 47 characters total, with only one new comer / melee veteran being unknown.

.n_n.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
IIRC, Brawl had 5 newcomers in it's reveal trailer. Smash 4 has only now reached 6. I think that's pointing towards less newcomers than Brawl.
On the contrary, I believe Sakurai just doesn't want to show his whole hand this time around.

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
I never said it was wrong, I only write it was 50/50 bet for now more exactly a 45.45% bet of being right than wrong.

Anyway your sum of characters is wrong or if you can tell me which character is missing because for now Ice Climbers, Mr. G & W, ROB, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Ganondorf, Ike, Falco, Wolf, Meta Knight, Wario, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake, sum 16 if we subtract 4 are 12.

And going with your other sums it would be 47 characters total, with only one new comer / melee veteran being unknown.

.n_n.

I just do not think so many Brawl characters are going to be returning

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Did I say that I was sure about that? No, I only respond to his post relating to one supposed leak that count 48 new comers with only 4 cuts from Brawl where he made a mistake counting Brawl veterans.

.n_n.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Hm. Let's think for a second. If we count all the veterans announced so far, that's 23 Brawl characters returning. 23/39~ 59% of the roster has been confirmed.

If we're counting characters originating from Brawl, that's 9 returning. Out of 15 newcomers (in Brawl), that's 60% that are returning. Many Brawl characters have already returned, and there's bound to be a few more coming back.
(If we count Little Mac, that's 2/3 returning)

On a slightly unrelated topic (but still dealing with leaks) whatever leak that said Shulk was the newest character on the roster is definitely deconfirmed now with the reveal of Greninja.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
It's not irrational until I see decisive evidence. Right now, there is none.

And just so people are aware, a "credible" leak, and a "real" leak, are not the same thing. This leak is credible, but I doubt it's real.
You're mistaking evidence for proof. We haven't seen proof, but it doesn't mean we have grounds to dismiss the leak.
This leak has been backed up by a very unlikely coincidence, hence it would be irrational to dismiss it.

The fact that you say it's credible shows you haven't rejected it anyway. Which is rational.

Last edited:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Why does the RosalinaX leak keep coming up in this topic? It's entirely separate and has nothing to do with the Sal leak.

Italian_Boy1Up

Smash Rookie
So glad to see this new thread, I had just started commenting on the old leak thread when it got taken down. None of the other threads on here really interest me much.

I'm still mildly skeptical of the leak due to the lack of him knowing about Rosalina, but I'm sure that could have something to do with him just not having that information. In regard to the "X and Y Pokemon" that could potentially be referring to more than one correct? So maybe Mewtwo could still potentially be in, Mewtwo X and Y are new to the Pokemon franchise after all. It could even be a hint at a different pokemon from X and Y. And it's not too outlandish to think we could see 6 pokemon in this game. Melee had 4 (which was a lot at the time) and Brawl technically had 6 if you include each pokemon used by the trainer (not to mention Mewtwo was planned to be in as well).

I think the big proof will be the Chorus men (much like Wii Fit trainer proceeding them). Chrom and Palutena are pretty safe bets, and I'd say Pacman is as safe a bet as Megaman. I'd really like Chorus men to be in though, they're my favorite part of Rhythm Heaven.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What is the Rosalina leak? I tough you were talking about when the direct got leaked just before revealing rosalina.
The latter is what's supposed to be talked about here, correct. Johnny has the right idea:
Why does the RosalinaX leak keep coming up in this topic? It's entirely separate and has nothing to do with the Sal leak.
Well, if Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake count as 3 cuts, that means only 1 more vet is cut. But, that also means Mewtwo isn't coming back, unless another vet also gets cut. So really, if the RosalinaX rumor is true, I'm gonna be disappointed no matter what. Le sigh.

Edit

This would also would mean that all the newcomers are spoiled, so there's that, too.
^things like this are borderline. Relate other leaks but be careful the disccusion doesn't go into talking about the likelihood of the other leaks.

Basically posts that stray from the Gematsu and Sal leaks don't go in this thread. This isn't Leaks general. Read the OP people.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This one of the most amazing leak beside the Palutina leak.

I believe mostly about this leak how in the world he know that the Wii Fit Trainer is playable, and Animal Crossing(Villager) and Mega Man! Then he later, Little Mac is confirmed.
The how in the World he Know that Pac Man and Mii there not gonna appear in the Nintendo Direct even still confirmed acording to them, then he say that another character is gonna be playable there are:

1. Shulk (From Xenoblade Chronicles and my most wanted)
2. Chrom (From Fire Emblem Awakening)
3. Palutina (From Kid Icarus series and the one who got the most legit leak photo ever)
4. Chorus Men (From Rhythm Heaven and as a cameo in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Game and Wario Intro)
5. Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y version (A 6th generation Pokemon he most likely he saying)

But of all of them, The pokemon was confirmed as Greninja, Is just me but this guy Know that Greninja is gonna be playable and that why he took us a suprised not saying the real pokemon name. That was really tricky and shadow sneaky guy.

The thing I don't believe about this guy is because he could not spell out Rosalina and Luma, I think she was a secret character all along or was planned later in the development because the playstyle is very similar to Ice Climber and I think both of these characters have very dificult technical issues because the 3DS Version soo that means that the Chorus Men, that are 3 members are even harder to work in tree same characters and that why is named chorus men not chorus MENS<---.

Those are my thoughs and oh my I like that Shulk, Palutina and Chorus Men be a reality! The rest are just ok.

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
Warning Received
So glad to see this new thread, I had just started commenting on the old leak thread when it got taken down. None of the other threads on here really interest me much.

I'm still mildly skeptical of the leak due to the lack of him knowing about Rosalina, but I'm sure that could have something to do with him just not having that information. In regard to the "X and Y Pokemon" that could potentially be referring to more than one correct? So maybe Mewtwo could still potentially be in, Mewtwo X and Y are new to the Pokemon franchise after all. It could even be a hint at a different pokemon from X and Y. And it's not too outlandish to think we could see 6 pokemon in this game. Melee had 4 (which was a lot at the time) and Brawl technically had 6 if you include each pokemon used by the trainer (not to mention Mewtwo was planned to be in as well).

I think the big proof will be the Chorus men (much like Wii Fit trainer proceeding them). Chrom and Palutena are pretty safe bets, and I'd say Pacman is as safe a bet as Megaman. I'd really like Chorus men to be in though, they're my favorite part of Rhythm Heaven.
Yes Mewtwo's chances were actually increased after the Greninja trailer showcasing mmega evolutions. Mega mewtwo has been featured in a movie and his chances are pretty good. (Mega Y will probobly be his final smash)

I'm hoping Gametsu has more leaks to come. E3 is gonna be great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
So do you all think any of Sal's characters are gonna be confirmed before E3, or are we gonna have to wait until then for any of them?

I could see anyone besides Pac-Man, Mii, or Chorus Men being revealed before E3, and that E3 itself will follow the "more recent yet wildly successful "casual" character (Villager / Mii), widely-anticipated third party character important to Nintendo's history (Mega Man / Pac-Man), and complete left-fielder (Wii Fit Trainer / Chorus Men)" format set last year
You man. you have awkward point that seem to be true, show social character, BAM Villlager/Mii, Show a famous third-party character, BOOM Mega Man/Pac-Man and a character that don't make sense, Wut Wii fit trainer/Chorus Kid.

I like how you described I found this very mysterious.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Your maths off.

Counting ivysaur and squirtle as separate characters there are 16 ( Not 17 ) brawl veterans yet to be revealed, cut 4 and you get 12. add the 6 remaining Sal characters and you get 18 unrevealed characters, add that to the 29 we have and you get 47 NOT 48.

So there would be at least one more newcomer if rosalinax rumor is true here...and thats IF ivysaur and squirtle count as separate "cuts", if not then we'd get 2 more newcomers... also i've proposed the possibility that Mii doesn't "count" as a spot, like in mario kart wii its a separate "button" or something...

SO if both Sal and Rosalinax are true, WORST case scenario there is at least one more unknown newcomer.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Your maths off.

Counting ivysaur and squirtle as separate characters there are 16 ( Not 17 ) brawl veterans yet to be revealed, cut 4 and you get 12. add the 6 remaining Sal characters and you get 18 unrevealed characters, add that to the 29 we have and you get 47 NOT 48.

So there would be at least one more newcomer if rosalinax rumor is true here...and thats IF ivysaur and squirtle count as separate "cuts", if not then we'd get 2 more newcomers... also i've proposed the possibility that Mii doesn't "count" as a spot, like in mario kart wii its a separate "button" or something...

SO if both Sal and Rosalinax are true, WORST case scenario there is at least one more unknown newcomer.
It could also just be Mewtwo returning. Sal's leaker never mentioned veterans.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I still say that after the initial 3 e3 chars, this leaker has cast about the widest possible net for guessing newcomers...

There is almost no chance that at least 2-3 of those chars will NOT make it in..

Because of this and a few other things, I believe the leak was limited to the first 3 only, and somebody is screwing with us. The only thing that will change my mind (assuming no more info on the leak or leaker comes out) is if marshal/chorus men is actually revealed... Everybody else who is revealed (including little Mac and "Pokemon from x/y") gives very little viability to this leak, in my mind.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
This leak is tomfoolery. The only impressive guess was Wii Fit Trainer. All the others were obvious. We ALL knew we were getting Mega-Man, Little Mac, and an Animal Crossing Rep. "Animal crossing guy," was probably intentionally vague so as to be one of either Tom Nook or Villager, since Sal wasn't sure which one it'd end up being.

Pokemon from X/Y is vague too, but impressive nonetheless. Still, two lucky guesses doesn't make a reputable source.

Sure, it seems unusually accurate, but imagine all of the other people who made up "leaks." For Sal Romano's accurate guess, there are hundreds of fake leaks that went wrong. With all these crap leaks one is bound to have a few lucky guesses amongst it, and Sal Romano happens to be the lucky one.

Also, no way chorus men is a character lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom