• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Well if u notice he didn't call out Rosalina which is only one character so far before e3. Maybe it could be the same pattern where there will be 1 extra character that he did not mention before Nintendo direct. Possible.
actually when I think about it, so far we've seen 6 newcomers

Leaker mentions before the e3 2013 and is revealed before the Nintendo direct:
1. Little mac 2. Villager 3. WFT 4. Megaman

Leaker that did not mention before the e3 2013 and is revealed before the Nintendo direct:
5. Rosalina

Leaker mentions before the Nintendo direct and is revealed before the e3 2014:
6. Greninja (pokemon from x and y) - I think he said "pokemon" because that pokemon has many different names in different languages.

--------------------------------------

Leaker mentions them, but has not yet to be revealed:
7. Pacman 8. Chorus Men 9. Chrom 10. Palutena 11. Shulk "13". Mii

Possibly one that the Leaker does not know just before the Nintendo direct (just like Rosalina)
12. ???????

That's 12 newcomers and excluding Mii cuz it could be just an extra character that really can't be playable in online.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Ye pac man, mii, chorus boy don't feel like characters that will bring hype for most people, instead people that hate those kind of characters will avoid the game/think about buying it or not instead. The type of people that prefer the "cool" type of characters.
Won't bring the hype to whom exactly? Those two will bring the casual gamers. Pacman is universally recognizable to any kind of gamer. If some avoid the game due to the inclusion of those two then they are sure extremists who are in the minority.

Morbi

Scavenger
Smash Bros. hype has never been kept in check before. It runs rampant, and people are deservedly disappointed. We already have two big hitters; Megaman and Little Mac. Will nothing slake your thirst for fanservice?
Honestly; Mega Man is a 3rd party character, not a Nintendo character. Little Mac wasn't a "big" hitter outside of most fan speculation sites; he doesn't appeal to the casual Nintendo consumer base nearly as much as he does to "us."

D

Deleted member

I am incredibly skeptical on this leak.
I feel as though without the leak, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, and Pac-Man would have incredibly strong chances even still. So, I am skeptical purely because of Mii and Chorus Men.
The Mii is a logical choice for Nintendo, but there are a variety of issues if you count in the online mode and such. I think that they will need a bit of a push to make it in.
The Chorus Men are very out there choices. They are extremely unexpected and if they get confirmed, then I will believe this leak even more. I can see Sakurai choose them as he could see potential in them, however.
In the end, I find this leak to hinge upon Mii and Chorus Men. If they get in, I believe the rest will. If one gets disconfirmed, then this whole leak is dead.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
actually when I think about it, so far we've seen 6 newcomers

Leaker mentions before the e3 2013 and is revealed before the Nintendo direct:
1. Little mac 2. Villager 3. WFT 4. Megaman

Leaker that did not mention before the e3 2013 and is revealed before the Nintendo direct:
5. Rosalina

Leaker mentions before the Nintendo direct and is revealed before the e3 2014:
6. Greninja (pokemon from x and y) - I think he said "pokemon" because that pokemon has many different names in different languages.

--------------------------------------

Leaker mentions them, but has not yet to be revealed:
7. Pacman 8. Chorus Men 9. Chrom 10. Palutena 11. Shulk "13". Mii

Possibly one that the Leaker does not know (just like Rosalina)
12. ???????

That's 12 newcomers and Mii could be just an extra character that really can't be playable in online.
I don't understand why Mii is "13". There are 12 newcomers (including Rosalina) for this leak.

Honestly; Mega Man is a 3rd party character, not a Nintendo character. Little Mac wasn't a "big" hitter outside of most fan speculation sites; he doesn't appeal to the casual Nintendo consumer base nearly as much as he does to "us."
The casual Nintendo consumer base considers Mario a "big hitter", and doesn't know who any of the other characters are, except Pikachu.
Are you telling me more people know who Ridley is than Megaman?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash Bros. hype has never been kept in check before. It runs rampant, and people are deservedly disappointed. We already have two big hitters; Megaman and Little Mac. Will nothing slake your thirst for fanservice?
I wouldn't call little mac a big hitter, especially in Japan, as for mega man, again that could be debatable, but the big hitters for me need to be Nintendo characters not 3rd party. But yeah, they don't keep it in check at all, and in all honestly more people probably know ridley more then mega man, he has been out of the spotlight for a long time.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't understand why Mii is "13". There are 12 newcomers (including Rosaline) for this leak.

The casual Nintendo consumer base considers Mario a "big hitter", and doesn't know who any of the other characters are, except Pikachu.
I didn't insinuate anything of the sort; I merely asserted that more than half (being VERY generous) of the consumer base doesn't interpret Little Mac as a heavy-hitter. He is just a newcomer.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why Mii is "13". There are 12 newcomers (including Rosalina) for this leak.

...I'm gonna come out and say it...I've never heard of Mega Man nor Ridley before Smash Bros.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

Cuz I think Mii aren't really actually part of the character roster, they seem more as a bonus feature and in my eyes will only be available offline. In my eyes Mii don't seem like video game characters whatsoever there more like avatars. It's like adding the main character of skyrim (which is YOU) lol

Rosalina wasn't mentioned before e3 leak. So I thought there could be another character that the leaker did not mention before Nintendo direct.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So far, based on Sal's tipper, we have:

- Villager - confirmed
- Megaman - confirmed
- Wii Fit Trainer - confirmed
- Little Mac - confirmed

- Mii - unconfirmed
- Pac-Man - unconfirmed
- Shulk - unconfirmed
- Palutena - unconfirmed
- Chorus Kids - unconfirmed
- Chrom - unconfirmed

I wouldn't mind this newcomer roster if true, although I get the feeling that there maybe at least more newcomer characters (other than what I've listed.)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Something to think about: we've had supposedly leaked images of Palutena in the 3DS version and Chrom on the Wii U one. Does this affect he current validity of the leak?

I personally wouldn't mind all of these leaked characters, so long as Ike stays and Chorus Men aren't all standin together as one.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
...I'm gonna come out and say it...I've never heard of Mega Man nor Ridley before Smash Bros.
That takes a lot of guts, man

Please elaborate. That's not to say I don't expect them.
Well, Miis are like a secondary Nintendo mascot now, their inclusion is ultra-likely.
There are Namco items in the game, which suggests other Namco content (you know... that guy).

Regarding the Chrom leak, that was confirmed fake by the guy who made it.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
How does Rosalina factor into this? If this leak is real, clearly there are additional characters he didn't predict.

Also, predicting a new XY poke is as broad as predicting the weather tomorrow to feature clouds at some point. Did anyone not expect a 6th gen poke? Or Little Mac or Chrom or Palutena for that matter?

I'm a skeptical person. I don't believe leaks until they have proof to back them up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Something to think about: we've had supposedly leaked images of Palutena in the 3DS version and Chrom on the Wii U one. Does this affect he current validity of the leak?

I personally wouldn't mind all of these leaked characters, so long as Ike stays and Chorus Men aren't all standin together as one.
The Chrom one was confirmed as fake. But no. The only inclusion that would make or break this leak is the Chorus Men.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I'm of the belief that we've been supplied with legitimate and false information, though I could be wrong and this could be completely legit. Though if we are getting false information, they've kept it believable. A healthy dose Of false information would lower the risk of Nintendo taking action against the leaker, while choosing commonly requested characters, or ones whose inclusion seems almost a guarantee, keeps the skeptics at bay. Though the only characters that stick out as doubtful in my mind are pac-man, mii and chorus men.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
FYI the true Brawl leaks had some wrong information, or at least 2 of the 4 did.
Please elaborate. That's not to say I don't expect them.
Miis/Wii series is the 3rd biggest Nintendo series sales-wise and awareness-wise behind only Pokémon and Mario (both franchises which got newcomers this time around).

Also we got 3 Miis/Wii-related stages, 2 of which are only from Mii games.

As for Pac-Man, dude it's Pac-Man. The fact Bamco is the key developer of Smash 4 and now that we got freaking Bamco Assist Trophies all but confirms it.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If we get chorus kids or shulk confirmed, ESPECIALLY chorus kids, I willbelieve this leak 100%. Till then, I'm about 70% convinced.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
If we get chorus kids or shulk confirmed, ESPECIALLY chorus kids, I willbelieve this leak 100%. Till then, I'm about 70% convinced.
If sakurai sees this leak and If its actually true that is, he will make chorus kids unlockable (so we have to buy the game to know) and never reveal it. LOL :p
making us think that the leak isn't true one bit. lol
OR
not show any of those characters and show other newcomers and save all leaked ones for unlockables. lol

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything from this rumor that suggests to me insider knowledge, yet.

I'm not opposed to any of his suggested characters being playable—the Glee Club kids would be super cute—but that doesn't mean I'll believe it just because it makes me tingle inside. No, not THAT Tingle.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't believe this leak based on the fact that "A Pokémon from X/Y" is a really safe prediction that was in many a "leak", and Rosalina not showing up at all being strange. I feel like a Mario character would be pretty easy to spot, especially the poster child of Mario Galaxy.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I can't say that I believe or disbelieve the leak. I'd be okay with it if it wound up being true. Even if these are the only newcomers we're getting I'd accept it, especially if we have little to no cuts from Brawl and more decloning (Ganondorf/Falco). I will say that if I was to side with any leak it would be this one. I think him not listing Rosalina means nothing, who knows what is going through the leaker's head when he drops this on Sal or what role he plays in Nintendo that would potentially limit his information. I'll remain skeptical until the day the full roster is unveiled. But I am keeping a close eye on this one.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
For me the leak could get a new light if Shulk is revealed, yes it has advertising but its sales and one installment make it really difficult to consider, we should think that is competing in a form with Golden Sun, Wars, Costum Robo, Chibi-Robo, Dillon and other series with more games, so if Shulk is revealed then I will believe the leak 99% true, Chorus Men / Kids / Marshal looks more in the line of secret character that would not be revealed until the launch of the game.

.n_n.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hah.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that the Salromano leak is true. The biggest question that hasn't been answered is why Pacman, Little Mac, and Mii weren't revealed and why did Salromano's source think they would be.
Well, these are the biggest offenders. Thankfully, Chrom being leaked has made Fire Emblem General slightly better, though I'm now more worried about if he's actually going to be interesting to play as.

As for why Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii weren't revealed, I would assume that Salromano may have received outdated information. Like that originally, they were planned, but Nintendo decided to some reason to hold them off until later. I was originally assuming that they might have been revealed at E3 2014, but we got Little Mac in February. I still think Mii and Pac-Man will be shown there, although who else may show up remains to be seen.
I have this gut feeling this thread will be locked.
Just because when the Rumors and Leaks thread was locked, it specifically said not to make any threads about rumors or leaks.
But I'm not sure, considering this is a big leak that does deserve its own thread.

But whatever.

So, on the topic of the Salramono leak, do you think that the newcomers he said will be all the newcomers we are getting?
It seems to be missing some big candidates like King K. Rool, a Zelda newcomer, and a retro newcomer.
I can assure that this thread meets the standards required for an exception to the rule.

First off, the moderator staff never said that leaks threads were outlawed, just that we weren't going to have an all-encompassing leak thread with our weekly garbage leak along with the very few leaks that have a shot of being true (this one and the RosalinaX leak). Leaks that are substantial like this one are threads the moderating staffs are okay with. After making a big case for it, the moderating staff approved it and behold, this thread exist.

Keep in mind that Salromano never said that this was all of the newcomers. He didn't get Rosalina after all and she's in. So Salromano does know the character he's leaking, it's just that he doesn't know all of the newcomers. As for the question itself, no, I don't think that's it. I still expect Mewtwo and a retro character to happen since they've been hinted at (unless that terrible RosalinaX leak comes true), but that's going into speculation territory.
Okay, so we have the following characters yet to be confirmed:
Palutena
Shulk
Mii
Pac-Man
Chorus Men
Chrom

So, a disconfirmation of any of them would falsify the leak.

Seeing that the next newcomer is probably a couple of months away, it is safe for the time being.
I'm betting on the leak being true, not because of the newcomers, but because Salromano has been right with a character that no one has ever seriously predicted; Wii Fit Trainer and that he has yet to be wrong so far. If Salromano is right with Chorus Men, then it'll further solidify that these are no coincidence.
For those of us that haven't seen the actual leak, could we have links?

Is it known whether the leaker is strictly focusing on new characters, or does the fact that unannounced veterans aren't mentioned mean they aren't returning?
The links are the OP under the "What exactly is the leak about?" section.

From what we know, the leak is strictly focusing on newcomers. Salromano has not leaked any Brawl veteran so far and it doesn't look like he will. If we see leaks, they will likely be newcomers.

That being said, I do find it interesting that Mewtwo hasn't been announced yet. Of course it's possible (and even probable I'd argue) that Salromano just may not know the final few additions that aren't in the game and that the best is yet to come. But it is possible that we may already have all of the newcomers in.

First thing is that Salromano may not see Mewtwo in the same light as he does the newcomers. He may see Melee veterans as veterans and as such, doesn't count Mewtwo on characters to leak.

Secondly, as bad as the RosalinaX leak might be, it does have a shot of being true. RosalinaX said that there is inside drifting with tweaks in Mario Kart 8. If he is right, then that adds validity to the leak.

What does the RosalinaX leak have? Forty-eight characters and four cuts. Let's say that everyone from Brawl except Ike, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur returns as well as our confirmed/leaked characters. That's thirty five Brawl character and twelve newcomers; giving us forty-seven.

Then if it is all of the newcomers, who else would it be? Well if Salromano doesn't count Mewtwo as a newcomer, that could only be one thing. The last mystery character is indeed, Mewtwo, Salromano is just not going to tell us. So assuming the RosalinaX leak is true, we could be seeing these characters in our final roster.
The first part of this leak is fairly easy to accept; with four of the original six characters confirmed already, and the remaining two very likely to be included I'd be surprised if Mii and Pac-Man don't make the roster.

The recent part of the leak, however, I have a problem with. This game is releasing in about three months, yeah? By that point in Brawl's timeline we'd seen the majority of newcomers. According to this leak, we've seen at most half of them.

If there's at least twelve newcomers, why have we so far only seen six of them? Seems like a lot to keep secret so late.

Of course, given that within that time we have E3, characters could be revealed en masse, with enough time until launch to sneak in one last newcomer in an early August direct before the game is released. Hmm... well, perhaps it isn't actually that farfetched.
Keep in mind that unlockables could be a thing for this game. Sakurai did not reveal all eighteen newcomers in Brawl, so why would Sakurai have to reveal twelve or more newcomers and give us all of the newcomers already?
I'd say he is legit, 6 out of 11 so far is pretty good, that's more then 50 percent. Anyway I don't think his leak should be added to the RosalinaX leak, as I believe his source is in marketing and that at E3 his source will send him the last batch or almost the last batch of newcomers for the game, since release would be like 3 months away and he got his first tip at E3. So I would wait till E3 to compare his leak to anything else.
It's reasonable to put the RosalinaX leak and the Salromano leak together if the former is true about inside drifting with tweaks in MK8. Inside drifting with tweaks is something that is specific; something similar to the notion of ChaosZero being correct about the three Dragoon item and he was entirely right. If RosalinaX is correct about inside drifting with tweaks, it's likely that his leak for this game is correct as well.
My Two Cents!
I'm skeptical of the leak as it doesn't really say everything or make direct notices.
The additional constant hammering of Mii and Pac-Man after the E3 flop-up by the chap has also led me to suspicion.

I have no problem with most of the newcomers, barring Pac-Man and Mii. But I feel like a few of these choices are a little too outlandish in Sakurai's patterns, even when there's heavy hitters that would make the game sell. Pac-Man? Yes. Chorus Men? Not really. We haven't seen as many cuts, and if we don't, really, I'm going to start questioning this leak further and further. 14 Newcomers?
I haven't seen Sakurai say something in effects of us getting fewer newcomers or a limit on the roster, just that he's going to try to add as many characters as possible and that there's more to the game than the character. Plus even if the leak is true, Mewtwo and a retro character has been hinted at, bringing us to fourteen newcomers (or more accurately, additions). So even if RosalinaX is wrong, this does not disprove Salromano's leak.

Also, "too outlandish" is hardly a good argument against the salromano leak. Remember, Sakurai is the same person who gave us Wii Fit Trainer of all things. If that isn't a curve ball, I don't know what is.
Well if u notice he didn't call out Rosalina which is only one character so far before e3. Maybe it could be the same pattern where there will be 1 extra character that he did not mention before Nintendo direct. Possible.
Careful with that assumption. We're probably not getting a newcomer until E3 and E3 2014 is a big event for Nintendo. Salromano leaked his first batch before E3 2013; he leaked against before the Smash Direct. If he gets a third batch (assuming that my theory with RosalinaX and Salromano isn't true), what better time to leak than before E3 2014? Keep in mind that this will leak the final batch of characters, so if your favorite newcomer of choice isn't in, they're not in after this leak. Makes me wonder if I really want to know the last batch or not.

That said, it's also possible we're left in the dark until release with the unleaked newcomers.

The Chrom leak has been disproven as I've heard so did the Palutena leak. They don't affect the validity of this leak, though, as Salromano's leak is not connected to the Palutena or Chrom leak. They'll be in if Salromano is entirely correct; even if the two picture leaks are false.
How does Rosalina factor into this? If this leak is real, clearly there are additional characters he didn't predict.

Also, predicting a new XY poke is as broad as predicting the weather tomorrow to feature clouds at some point. Did anyone not expect a 6th gen poke? Or Little Mac or Chrom or Palutena for that matter?

I'm a skeptical person. I don't believe leaks until they have proof to back them up.
Rosalina being included does not disprove the leak; it just shows that Salromano does not have access to all the newcomers (although he does know the vast majority of them).

Also, it's possible that Salromano didn't predict a new X & Y Pokémon specifically to avoid lawsuit. Game Freak is extremely strict with their property and it's possible they would raise hell with Sakurai and/or get Salromano into some serious trouble if he had leaked Gekkouga.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
About "Pokemon from X/Y", I did find something interesting about Ike's inclusion in Brawl.

http://translate.google.com/transla...airantosmabrax/smashbrothersx.html&edit-text=

New work of "Fire Emblem" is produced in the Wii at the stage of July 2005 announced the creation of "Smash Bros. X"
I've found that. There is no information about the character, because I did not know anything, is at the stage of making a proposal
where he was referred to as "someone in the Fire Emblem". "I feel the heavy contrary to appearance from the developer of the original Ike
if there is a demand to put out ", was aimed at rough character with a large sword. The attack for heavy movement
easily dodged, though that painful mess it hits. In the original, the enemies far away with something like shock wave
Is there also situations to attack, but do you accommodate phase and Ike image that should aim at "Smash Bros. X".
In addition, rather than in terms of character of, when you embody a quality of character on the game, will be accepted
out did you think that it is whether to become balance. After all, the character if Tsukkome remains of the original, such as the skill
but I was not the case in any way speaking likeness restrictor is, or get out.
Basically what Sakurai is saying here is that he actually didn't initially add Ike when he was planning Brawl's roster out. Instead, he put down "Someone from Fire Emblem" on his list, and he was eventually redirected to Ike by Intelligent Systems.

I'm wondering if a similar thing happened with Greninja. I'd reckon Sakurai and/or Gamefreak wanted a character from X/Y, and it was eventually narrowed down to Greninja, who was considered the best fit. Maybe whoever is leaking this is reading off of Sakurai's planning documents or something, which still reads to this day "Pokemon from X/Y".

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I'm just going to elaborate on the way the RosalinaX leak fits with this, just in case anybody was wondering.

RosalinaX is a long-standing member of mariokartwii.com. He said a few months ago that the Smash 4 roster would have 48 characters with 4 cuts. Brawl had 39 characters, including transformations, so with 4 cuts brings us down to 35.

Sal Romano, as we all know has potentially leaked 12 characters, but didn't say anything about Rosalina. Including Rosalina, this takes us up to 48, so the leaks co-exist perfectly.

If any character besides the ones mentioned in the leak are revealed, then one of the leaks must be false, as they no longer fit together. Since Sal Romano didn't say there wouldn't be characters he doesn't know about, we can't invalidate his leak until launch.

EDIT: It's feasible that RosalinaX could be counting Pokemon Trainer as a single character, in which case there could actually be five cuts, and the leaks would still work together.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Well, these are the biggest offenders. Thankfully, Chrom being leaked has made Fire Emblem General slightly better, though I'm now more worried about if he's actually going to be interesting to play as.

As for why Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii weren't revealed, I would assume that Salromano may have received outdated information. Like that originally, they were planned, but Nintendo decided to some reason to hold them off until later. I was originally assuming that they might have been revealed at E3 2014, but we got Little Mac in February. I still think Mii and Pac-Man will be shown there, although who else may show up remains to be seen.
I can assure that this thread meets the standards required for an exception to the rule.

First off, the moderator staff never said that leaks threads were outlawed, just that we weren't going to have an all-encompassing leak thread with our weekly garbage leak along with the very few leaks that have a shot of being true (this one and the RosalinaX leak). Leaks that are substantial like this one are threads the moderating staffs are okay with. After making a big case for it, the moderating staff approved it and behold, this thread exist.

Keep in mind that Salromano never said that this was all of the newcomers. He didn't get Rosalina after all and she's in. So Salromano does know the character he's leaking, it's just that he doesn't know all of the newcomers. As for the question itself, no, I don't think that's it. I still expect Mewtwo and a retro character to happen since they've been hinted at (unless that terrible RosalinaX leak comes true), but that's going into speculation territory.I'm betting on the leak being true, not because of the newcomers, but because Salromano has been right with a character that no one has ever seriously predicted; Wii Fit Trainer and that he has yet to be wrong so far. If Salromano is right with Chorus Men, then it'll further solidify that these are no coincidence.
The links are the OP under the "What exactly is the leak about?" section.

From what we know, the leak is strictly focusing on newcomers. Salromano has not leaked any Brawl veteran so far and it doesn't look like he will. If we see leaks, they will likely be newcomers.

That being said, I do find it interesting that Mewtwo hasn't been announced yet. Of course it's possible (and even probable I'd argue) that Salromano just may not know the final few additions that aren't in the game and that the best is yet to come. But it is possible that we may already have all of the newcomers in.

First thing is that Salromano may not see Mewtwo in the same light as he does the newcomers. He may see Melee veterans as veterans and as such, doesn't count Mewtwo on characters to leak.

Secondly, as bad as the RosalinaX leak might be, it does have a shot of being true. RosalinaX said that there is inside drifting with tweaks in Mario Kart 8. If he is right, then that adds validity to the leak.

What does the RosalinaX leak have? Forty-eight characters and four cuts. Let's say that everyone from Brawl except Ike, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur returns as well as our confirmed/leaked characters. That's thirty five Brawl character and twelve newcomers; giving us forty-seven.

Then if it is all of the newcomers, who else would it be? Well if Salromano doesn't count Mewtwo as a newcomer, that could only be one thing. The last mystery character is indeed, Mewtwo, Salromano is just not going to tell us. So assuming the RosalinaX leak is true, we could be seeing these characters in our final roster.
Keep in mind that unlockables could be a thing for this game. Sakurai did not reveal all eighteen newcomers in Brawl, so why would Sakurai have to reveal twelve or more newcomers and give us all of the newcomers already?It's reasonable to put the RosalinaX leak and the Salromano leak together if the former is true about inside drifting with tweaks in MK8. Inside drifting with tweaks is something that is specific; something similar to the notion of ChaosZero being correct about the three Dragoon item and he was entirely right. If RosalinaX is correct about inside drifting with tweaks, it's likely that his leak for this game is correct as well.
I haven't seen Sakurai say something in effects of us getting fewer newcomers or a limit on the roster, just that he's going to try to add as many characters as possible and that there's more to the game than the character. Plus even if the leak is true, Mewtwo and a retro character has been hinted at, bringing us to fourteen newcomers (or more accurately, additions). So even if RosalinaX is wrong, this does not disprove Salromano's leak.

Also, "too outlandish" is hardly a good argument against the salromano leak. Remember, Sakurai is the same person who gave us Wii Fit Trainer of all things. If that isn't a curve ball, I don't know what is.Careful with that assumption. We're probably not getting a newcomer until E3 and E3 2014 is a big event for Nintendo. Salromano leaked his first batch before E3 2013; he leaked against before the Smash Direct. If he gets a third batch (assuming that my theory with RosalinaX and Salromano isn't true), what better time to leak than before E3 2014? Keep in mind that this will leak the final batch of characters, so if your favorite newcomer of choice isn't in, they're not in after this leak. Makes me wonder if I really want to know the last batch or not.

That said, it's also possible we're left in the dark until release with the unleaked newcomers.The Chrom leak has been disproven as I've heard so did the Palutena leak. They don't affect the validity of this leak, though, as Salromano's leak is not connected to the Palutena or Chrom leak. They'll be in if Salromano is entirely correct; even if the two picture leaks are false.
Rosalina being included does not disprove the leak; it just shows that Salromano does not have access to all the newcomers (although he does know the vast majority of them).

Also, it's possible that Salromano didn't predict a new X & Y Pokémon specifically to avoid lawsuit. Game Freak is extremely strict with their property and it's possible they would raise hell with Sakurai and/or get Salromano into some serious trouble if he had leaked Gekkouga.
Just saying Mewtwo most likely considered a "returning veteran" instead of a newcomer. Since he was in melee.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just going to elaborate on the way the RosalinaX leak fits with this, just in case anybody was wondering.

RosalinaX is a long-standing member of mariokartwii.com. He said a few months ago that the Smash 4 roster would have 48 characters with 4 cuts. Brawl had 39 characters, including transformations, so with 4 cuts brings us down to 35.

Sal Romano, as we all know has potentially leaked 12 characters, but didn't say anything about Rosalina. Including Rosalina, this takes us up to 48, so the leaks co-exist perfectly.

If any character besides the ones mentioned in the leak are revealed, then one of the leaks must be false, as they no longer fit together. Since Sal Romano didn't say there wouldn't be characters he doesn't know about, we can't invalidate his leak until launch.

EDIT: It's feasible that RosalinaX could be counting Pokemon Trainer as a single character, in which case there could actually be five cuts, and the leaks would still work together.
Are we still giving RosalinaX credit? If they got the inside drift information wrong, then what makes the rest of their information valid?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
You know what I find strange? All these people who are like "Well, a Pokemon from X/Y was BOUND to happen! It was totally obvious!"

See, that's the thing. What about this guy?

An "X/Y Pokemon" wasn't the safest bet for a 5th (or 4th if Lucario was to be replaced) slot. Most people considered that to be Mewtwo, a G1 Pokemon who is also a veteran. This was mainly due to all the attention Mewtwo was getting with X/Y. The most common expectation for the Pokemon lineup in Smash 4 was either:

or

I guess an X/Y Pokemon wasn't IMPOSSIBLE, but it's strange now that people are saying that Greninja/an X&Y Pokemon was a total shoo-in and everyone who thinks otherwise is crazy even though we were all expecting Mewtwo. Unless people were really expecting Pokemon to immediately jump to six slots while leaving Mario at five (Which, admittedly, could happen, as I still have Mewtwo on my roster, but still).

Shroob

Sup?
I have to agree. There was no real poster boy of X and Y that was getting promoted before the game's release besides Sylveon, and I really don't think Sylveon would have 'worked' as a playable character all things considered. Pretty much every speculation roster I read here had what was mentioned above.

To put it in simpler terms, there was no 'Lucario' of X and Y. The closest we had was, Mewtwo.

Honestly, Greninja hasn't even been heavily promoted by Gamefreak yet. At the moment, he's just the 'cool' starer Pokemon, like Blaziken and Infernape before it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

About "Pokemon from X/Y", I did find something interesting about Ike's inclusion in Brawl.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.geocities.jp/bgrtype/gsl/words2/dairantosmabrax/smashbrothersx.html&edit-text=

Basically what Sakurai is saying here is that he actually didn't initially add Ike when he was planning Brawl's roster out. Instead, he put down "Someone from Fire Emblem" on his list, and he was eventually redirected to Ike by Intelligent Systems.

I'm wondering if a similar thing happened with Greninja. I'd reckon Sakurai and/or Gamefreak wanted a character from X/Y, and it was eventually narrowed down to Greninja, who was considered the best fit. Maybe whoever is leaking this is reading off of Sakurai's planning documents or something, which still reads to this day "Pokemon from X/Y".
Interesting. I'd be curious if it means that the information Salromano is getting comes from a person who has read what Sakurai has planned. Now I'm even more curious about what a potential third batch of characters would get leaked if it is true. Assuming the RosalinaX leak is true and Salromano's leaker is leaking planned characters and not those who are definitely going through, we'd probably see characters like Roy or Dixie Kong; characters that could be planned to be added, but dropped (though I'd argue that Dixie Kong is still a plausible contender, but that's starting to get off-topic).
I think it's important for people to remember that Sal wasn't the one who leaked the characters, someone leaked them to Sal and he just reported it.
Thanks for reminding me, although I mainly said Salromano for convenience sake.

Salromano has leaked eleven characters, not twelve. Four cuts and eleven leaked characters + Rosalina would bring this up to forty-seven characters, not forty-eight. There's still room for one more character.

Also, even if RosalinaX was counting the Pokémon Trainer as a single character (which I don't see why), he said four cuts, not five. It can be less or more than four for RosalinaX to be correct.
Are we still giving RosalinaX credit? If they got the inside drift information wrong, then what makes the rest of their information valid?
Inside drifting hasn't been confirmed for Mario Kart 8 one way or another, so it's still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what I find strange? All these people who are like "Well, a Pokemon from X/Y was BOUND to happen! It was totally obvious!"

See, that's the thing. What about this guy?

An "X/Y Pokemon" wasn't the safest bet for a 5th (or 4th if Lucario was to be replaced) slot. Most people considered that to be Mewtwo, a G1 Pokemon who is also a veteran. This was mainly due to all the attention Mewtwo was getting with X/Y. The most common expectation for the Pokemon lineup in Smash 4 was either:

or

I guess an X/Y Pokemon wasn't IMPOSSIBLE, but it's strange now that people are saying that Greninja/an X&Y Pokemon was a total shoo-in and everyone who thinks otherwise is crazy even though we were all expecting Mewtwo. Unless people were really expecting Pokemon to immediately jump to six slots while leaving Mario at five (Which, admittedly, could happen, as I still have Mewtwo on my roster, but still).
I don't understand this thing with slots. The number of Mario characters makes no implication about the number of Pokémon characters.

Anyway, here's a handy link that made it fairly apparent there would be a Pokémon from X and Y.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
It's White Men or Marshall not Chorus Men, Marshall it's the real mascot of Rhythm Heaven. If you see, maybe the leaker are unfamiliar with the Rhythm Heaven series, and he look a picture of the character (Marshall) and think: "OMG! It's Chorus Men, WOW, I can not believe!!!". That makes it more real than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom