• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, I don't see anything. If people are seeing something it's probably just a reflection of the camera flash off the crinkled and glossy paper.

Again, I'd say move this back to general discussion of the potential leak.

But in regards of this image, can someone translates the text that is next to the ??? slot box, to see if it says something relevant?
It basically says: "What Character will enter the battle next?"

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Yeah, I don't see anything. If people are seeing something it's probably just a reflection of the camera flash off the crinkled and glossy paper.

Again, I'd say move this back to general discussion of the potential leak.

It basically says: "What Character will enter the battle next?"
What does that imply? A tease for a newcomer or just some promo? Also, I'd say this could reveal one of the Gematsu characters so this is a little on topic, especially considering tomorrow is the end of the World Fair so a Smash reveal could be awesome :)

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
If that means a secret character is being released this weekend (or hinting at it), it wouldn't shock me if the reveal is Chorus Men. Japanese event, Japanese-favored game. Then we can all celebrate Sal's leak.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
If that means a secret character is being released this weekend (or hinting at it), it wouldn't shock me if the reveal is Chorus Men. Japanese event, Japanese-favored game. Then we can all celebrate Sal's leak.
It would have to be revealed with a trailer and poster though wouldn't it? So far that's how each has been revealed. Would be cool to finally see how Chorus Men fight.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What does that imply? A tease for a newcomer or just some promo? Also, I'd say this could reveal one of the Gematsu characters so this is a little on topic, especially considering tomorrow is the end of the World Fair so a Smash reveal could be awesome :)
Its nothing, really. All its doing is promoting the event and saying "who could potentially be next?" as far as I'm aware.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Its nothing, really. All its doing is promoting the event and saying "who could potentially be next?" as far as I'm aware.
Well, the last times Sakurai's announced events in his Miiverse comments characters have been revealed. So if nothing happens tomorrow then nothing happens, and if something does happen then we're all happy! I mean E3 did just happen so there wouldn't be too much disappointment out of hype right?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Me and Venus (a fellow mod who knows Japanese) are positive that it's not implying anything, but if you all disagree then you are welcome to discuss it, just so long as it stays within the context of the Sal potential leak.

Given it only applies to Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men, this would be a pretty bare-bones discussion.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Me and Venus (a fellow mod who knows Japanese) are positive that it's not implying anything, but if you all disagree then you are welcome to discuss it, just so long as it stays within the context of the Sal potential leak.

Given it only applies to Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men, this would be a pretty bare-bones discussion.
Ok fair enough, I'm being cautiously optimistic (well not really, I've got hype juice flowing out of my mouth now) but a reveal for one of the more Japanese fan favorite Gematsu newcomers would be nice.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still say if there is a character reveal its probably Shulk. But I don't think there will be.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm guessing if we did get a reveal, it'd probably be a vet. Maybe Captain Falcon.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
What if it was Falco? Wouldn't that prove that other leak correct? Does anyone know if Sunday is considered the end of the week in Japan unlike America?

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
If it is a reveal through a simple magazine or flier like that, then it wouldn't be a newcomer. Each newcomer would get a special trailer, poster, and all that. Probably just a vet if anything is to be gathered from it.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What if it was Falco? Wouldn't that prove that other leak correct? Does anyone know if Sunday is considered the end of the week in Japan unlike America?
No. Because that leak was fake regardless. Even if Falco had been revealed in the time frame he'd given, he'd already proven himself fake in his original post.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The exact same person "leaked" information over a year ago and said a Pokemon character would be the next announced character (the next announced character was... Luigi). The thing was fake already. Sorry, but no, even if Falco was revealed this week or this weekend, IT DOESN'T MATTER. It was already fake to begin with and the guy was just making up more fake crap. Stop trying to find some excuse to believe a clearly fake leak.

If any character gets announced at this event it'd probably be Shulk, and I highly doubt any announcing is going to come of this anyway.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Why are people talking about characters besides the three unannounced characters within the potential leak? Please get back on topic everyone.

kylexv

Smash Master
It's pretty much 6 A.M. on Sunday in Japan. If I'm correct, don't expect anything until later today if there is something.

Also kind of doubt it because no character in smash has EVER been revealed over a weekend.

MissingNumbers

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissingN
3DS FC
1048-8190-3701
Why are people talking about characters besides the three unannounced characters within the potential leak? Please get back on topic everyone.
Those three have been pretty much exhausted for information to tell, so sticking with them would just be repeating the same jargon that had already been said. Plus, it's still talking about leaks. At least we aren't going from discussing leaks to arguing about sandwiches or something.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Those three have been pretty much exhausted for information to tell, so sticking with them would just be repeating the same jargon that had already been said. Plus, it's still talking about leaks. At least we aren't going from discussing leaks to arguing about sandwiches or something.
The problem, though, is that this isn't a GENERAL leak topic. This is the Sal Romano/Gematsu leak topic. Only the Sal Romani/Gematsu leak gets discussed here.

Bringing up other leaks only works if they apply to Sal Romano. In the case of the "Falco" leak, it vaguely alludes to the Sal Romano leak, but that's about it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This thread is for solely discussing the potential leak that was made by Sal/Gematsu. If you wish to discuss something different then please go to either Social or Character Discussion threads.

While you may attempt to compare other potential leaks to this one, the discussion must stay relevant to the Sal/Gematsu leak at all times. If you wish to discuss leaks in general, then use either the Social thread or join this Social Group.

If you have further questions please refer to the OP of this thread or ask any of the Staff.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
The exact same person "leaked" information over a year ago and said a Pokemon character would be the next announced character (the next announced character was... Luigi). The thing was fake already. Sorry, but no, even if Falco was revealed this week or this weekend, IT DOESN'T MATTER. It was already fake to begin with and the guy was just making up more fake crap. Stop trying to find some excuse to believe a clearly fake leak.

If any character gets announced at this event it'd probably be Shulk, and I highly doubt any announcing is going to come of this anyway.
Whoa man chill out, I never said I believed it. I'm sorry I didn't keep up with this game a year ago. I didn't know that I was supposed to know everything that guy said even if it was a year old.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If there was to be a reveal, wouldnt we have heard from Sal by now anyway? His source usually emails him before a big event/reveal.

Hey Sal where you at?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Whoa man chill out, I never said I believed it. I'm sorry I didn't keep up with this game a year ago. I didn't know that I was supposed to know everything that guy said even if it was a year old.
BKupa looked it up and posted it in the K. Rool topic, and I wasn't saying you wouldn't be aware of it. I wasn't aware of it until BKupa posted it, either. Just keep in mind that you should take all leaks with a grain of salt. The only leak that has any legitimacy behind it is Sal Romano's leak, and even he states that you should take it with a grain of salt.

If there was to be a reveal, wouldnt we have heard from Sal by now anyway? His source usually emails him before a big event/reveal.

Hey Sal where you at?
The leaker didn't post anything new at E3. If there are non-Gematsu newcomers (and I'm sure there are), the leaker DOESN'T know about them.

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
My thought on the Lucas vs Ness getting cut in the leak is that it's possible.

Even if they say the roster was finalized at the start, just look at the seven characters that were supposed to be in Brawl and didn't make it. They even had files which meant they were being worked on, but there wasn't enough time to finish.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My thought on the Lucas vs Ness getting cut in the leak is that it's possible.

Even if they say the roster was finalized at the start, just look at the seven characters that were supposed to be in Brawl and didn't make it. They even had files which meant they were being worked on, but there wasn't enough time to finish.
However, the notion that Lucas/Ness are being debated right now is ludicrous. This would've happened a long time ago if they were planning on cutting one of them. At least over a year ago, which implies, again, that the info is outdated and should be taken with a grain of salt, just like with any leak. You can more safely speculate on Sal Romano due to how accurate he's been so far, but even if you compare it, only two of his reveals were all that surprising. Mii Fighter confirms he has info, but how much is the question.

Neo Zero

He e-mailed Sal at E3. It just didn't really specify.

Like I said, if there's supposed to be a big reveal, I'd expect Sal to know about it by now, even if all the source says is "Shulk or Chorus or Chrom today"

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He e-mailed Sal at E3. It just didn't really specify.

Like I said, if there's supposed to be a big reveal, I'd expect Sal to know about it by now, even if all the source says is "Shulk or Chorus or Chrom today"
No, based on what Sal has stated, it seems to be the case that the leaker doesn't know anything else. Especially considering the fact that if the guy was a developer in the game, he'd have been discovered and fired a long time ago. No developer would actually do that, instead if anything the leaker is in some other department or is working with E3 info and clearly didn't give two ****s about his job.

Neo Zero

Well, I suppose if he was in marketing for say, NoA, maybe he wouldn't know about a Japanese event, I can concede that.

At any rate, I expect nothing from this outside maybe some decent footage.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I felt like making a mock-up of the (semi-official) final roster if anyone cares.

Icon Version:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::warioc::4dk::4diddy::falcon:
:wolf::4fox::falco::popo::4villager::4zelda::4sheik::4link::4tlink::ganondorf:
:4greninja::4lucario::4pikachu::jigglypuff::4charizard::4samus::4zss::4littlemac::4pit::4palutena:
:ness2::4kirby::metaknight::4dedede::4myfriends::4marth:(Chrom):4wiifit::4mii:(Random)
:4olimar::rob::gw:(Ch.Men):4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:(Shulk)

Cut::snake::squirtle::ivysaur::lucas:

Text Version:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina & Luma, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon

Wolf, Fox, Falco, Ice Climbers, Villager, Zelda, Sheik, Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf

Greninja, Lucario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Little Mac, Pit, Palutena

Ness, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Ike, Marth, Chrom, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter, (Random)

Pikmin and Olimar, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Shulk

Cut: Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas

EXCEPTIONS:
-It is possible Lucas will be back, though Ness still takes priority as the game's Earthbound rep.
-It is possible there could be more than 12 newcomers, especially if there are going to be 48 characters and 4 cuts.

D

Deleted member

I felt like making a mock-up of the (semi-official) final roster if anyone cares.

Icon Version:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::warioc::4dk::4diddy::falcon:
:wolf::4fox::falco::popo::4villager::4zelda::4sheik::4link::4tlink::ganondorf:
:4greninja::4lucario::4pikachu::jigglypuff::4charizard::4samus::4zss::4littlemac::4pit::4palutena:
:ness2::4kirby::metaknight::4dedede::4myfriends::4marth:(Chrom):4wiifit::4mii:(Random)
:4olimar::rob::gw:(Ch.Men):4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:(Shulk)

Cut::snake::squirtle::ivysaur::lucas:

Text Version:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina & Luma, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon

Wolf, Fox, Falco, Ice Climbers, Villager, Zelda, Sheik, Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf

Greninja, Lucario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Little Mac, Pit, Palutena

Ness, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Ike, Marth, Chrom, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter, (Random)

Pikmin and Olimar, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Shulk
Cut: Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas

EXCEPTIONS:
-It is possible Lucas will be back, though Ness still takes priority as the game's Earthbound rep.
-It is possible there could be more than 12 newcomers, especially if there are going to be 48 characters and 4 cuts.

What is Shulk doing there?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I object I still don't think they will cut Lucas for 2 reasons 1 Why would they cut either one if they are this late into development
2 do you think they would cut Lucas over ROB now that Toon Link is back? yea me neither

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
ROB is far more important to Nintendo than Lucas is so using that argument makes no sense. In fact, I never considered ROB vulnerable at all considering he is in the exact same situation that Mr. Game and Watch were in Brawl.

Last edited:

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Costume DLC would be really nice in my opinion. My experience with League of Legends tells me that having paid for a skin for your favourite character makes that character feel ever more awesome to play as.

I do hope that this third Gematsu leak is wrong. None of it personally interests me at all.
They better not be LoL prices though, that would suck.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I mean the Game is Coming out soon so if this is not out-dated info that means they have had working models for both them until now because they want to scrap one of them to me that seems odd and When Has ROB ever been important to Nintendo? what has he done which qualifies him in Smash? granted this goes to characters like Sheik and Roy as well I dunno I guess its because I never liked the idea of a non Video Game Character in Smash Bros but then again I can see why people Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom